Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Let's start the SnK pairing war lol!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's start the SnK pairing war lol!

Post by Irielo on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 pm

To tell you the truth, the pairings are not my main concern in this manga. That's why I'm thinking that we have our preferences when it comes to SnK pairings but that should not be seriously taken. We could here just present our favorite SnK pairings and defend them but not aggressively. Just teasing and joking with each other with respect. From now on, I'll try to support my favorite pairings when I can use something from the manga despite the fact that it could look far-fetched. Let's start:

Eren x Annie because I liked the way they interacted when they were training together and Annie seems to have a special glance in the eyes when it comes to Eren

Jean x Mikasa Although the manga made it pretty obvious that she loves Eren, I would prefer to see her with Jean. Jean showed more romantic interest towards her, complimented her hair and showed that he cares for her. He was even angry with Eren when Mikasa recently got hurt. I can understand that Mkasa does not want to lose Eren because she saved her and he is like the only family she has but that's the thing, to me, Eren and Mikasa are mre like brother and sister.

The rest will come later.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's start the SnK pairing war lol!

Post by Strawberry on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Hehe, SnK pairing wars, huh? I'm in! Loljk.

Honestly, the ONLY pairing I actually came to like was Rivaille x Petra. I think it worked perfectly, Petra was this sweet young girl who made the dark and mysterious man's life a little brighter. I think it was obvious she was in love with him, and nobody can convince me that he didn't love her back. The last scene with Petra's dad talking about the letter she sent him and marriage made me think they could've had a romance going on (possibly). Tragic ending, but great pairing.

I never really cared about Eren x Mikasa as a pairing, but I've come to accept it. The latest chapter gave me a head-canon, Eren would be the "housewife" and Mikasa would be the "man of the house" who works in the woods. I find it hilarious, but it somehow works for me. LOL.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Thu May 22, 2014 6:39 pm

I just started watching this last weekend and yeah I'm torn between Eren/Annie and Eren/Mikasa and a small small tiny part of me ships Eren/Hanji Zoe
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 am

Ymir x Historia  

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:35 am

....strangely enough, I only really ship Eren x Levi.

Eren x Mikasa is alright though and I thought Armin x Annie would be cute.
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 am

Bubbles wrote:....strangely enough, I only really ship Eren x Levi.

Are you kidding me?!? Lol! Armin x Annie!!! No! Oh no! Eren x Annie FTW!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:46 am

Irielo wrote:

SHOT'S FIRED!
Pfftt no! Armin x Annie FTW baby! *waves flag*
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Irielo wrote:

SHOT'S FIRED!
Pfftt no! Armin x Annie FTW baby! *waves flag*

Ok, Annie did not kill Armin when she had the opportunity but she did that because of Eren (HeHeHe). She knew Armin is one of his best friend, that's why. As for Eren x Annie, did you see how Annie gave Eren fighting technics? But what is even more touching, is the way she looks at him + they are more compatible as they are both titans.

Regarding Jean x Mikasa, Jean is always showing concern for Mikasa and I appreciated when Mikasa showed also concern for him when he and Armin let themselves kidnapped, making the kidnappers believe that they were actually Eren and Historia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:49 am

Just thought this little piece of information belonged here. c: An interview from Mr. Hajime Isayama himself (the author of SnK).

Source (the extract in question is on one of the last blog entries on this page): http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/?p=11

One of the translations I found:

Interviewer - "It is speculated that Eren feels a certain affection for Annie. Is this confirmed by you?"

Isayama - "No. I don't even think I described it like that during that encounter. Eren respects Annie, but such a feeling as "love" is not in play."

I'm honestly not surprised at all by this, but all the same glad. I absolutely love Eren, and I think having feelings for Annie (the person who I still see simply as the murderer of Levi's squad and hundreds of soldiers of the Scouting Legion) would be detrimental for his character (Sorry Irielo lol).

About what they are referring to in the interview, some say he was talking about the moment when Eren hesitated to transform to attack Annie, others say it was something about a guidebook entry instead. Many translations of this interview vary, but they all come down to the same thing: There are no romantic feelings from Eren towards Annie whatsoever.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:07 am

^Maybe that was not his intentions but Mikasa's speech just before Eren showed his new ability seemed, imo, kind of out of place. Well Annie, like Berthold and Rainer, seem to be the tools of something worse hiding behind all this mess. Anyway, it's still SnK and as far as the pairings are concerned, I don't really care. I can even accept Levi x Eren although they look more like brothers. Lol!

Spoiler:
On another note: I don't know what is currently going on with the manga as I am not reading it for the moment. Have some things to do... and the story has so much mysteries and is becoming more complicated that I would need time to re-read it and to focus on it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 pm

^ Is the first sentence directed at me or..? I'm not following you. o-o The interview was about Annie, not Mikasa. *is confused* orz

But I think you're talking about the moment when Mikasa thanked Eren for being her family and giving her the scarf, am I correct? If that's the case then on the contrary, I see it as if that was her last chance to thank him. Kind of like how Hinata's confession to Naruto was a "saying her last words" kind of thing. If she didn't say that then, she didn't think she would be able to say it at all, so I see where she was coming from and I think it was appropriate. Though of course, you don't have to see it that way. :P

And you are correct. Shipping in SnK is really such a small thing, but us pairing fans just can't seem to help ourselves. XD Though it's really weird that I'm not a hardcore shipper of anything in this manga, actually. o-o Kind of just going with the flow with the whole Eren/Mikasa thing.

Oh! I want to talk about that! (about Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie) So I will post something in the discussion thread so that we don't go off topic. :3

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:28 pm

I've flip-flopped quite a bit when it comes to SnK pairings since I've been reading. I honestly don't get too worked up over SnK ships. The sad truth, as evidenced by the nature of the manga, is that a lot of people die, and I doubt that is going to change any time soon. That being said, I mainly focus my energy on hoping my favorite characters survive instead of shipping. That is not to say I don't enjoy the occasional fanart of them. :3

Ships I like:

Eren x Armin
Jean x Marco ( ;A; )
Jean x Mikasa
Levi x Petra ( ;A; )
Reiner x Bertholdt
Connie x Sasha
Ymir x Historia

I don't like Eren x Mikasa, and I can't put my finger on why exactly. As for any ships with Annie, just no. I have a strong dislike for her. Maybe Ape Titan x Annie. :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Eren x Mikasa.

I know most of you got very good reasoning to why you dislike pairing them. So that's why i don't want to argue, because i won't have good enough come back since you are all so amazing in arguing. xD
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Strawberry wrote:[font=century gothic]^ Is the first sentence directed at me or..? I'm not following you. o-o The interview was about Annie, not Mikasa. *is confused* orz

But I think you're talking about the moment when Mikasa thanked Eren for being her family and giving her the scarf, am I correct? If that's the case then on the contrary, I see it as if that was her last chance to thank him. Kind of like how Hinata's confession to Naruto was a "saying her last words" kind of thing. If she didn't say that then, she didn't think she would be able to say it at all, so I see where she was coming from and I think it was appropriate. Though of course, you don't have to see it that way. :P

Yes, actually the whole reply, lol! You've written a part of Isayama's interview where the latter states that he did not have any intention regarding Eren and Annie but the thing is that this pairing looks still better than the Eren x Mikasa one, according to my taste. In other words, my reference to Eren x Mikasa was just to show that mangawise, Eren x Mikasa looks more probable and logical but that this pairing does not give me feels although it might be the mangaka's intention.

Mikasa's thanking Eren somehow remembering Hinata's confession... That's actually the problem I have with: it did not catch me at all... (whereas Hinata's confession really touched me).

Azuula wrote:Eren x Mikasa.

I know most of you got very good reasoning to why you dislike pairing them. So that's why i don't want to argue, because i won't have good enough come back since you are all so amazing in arguing. xD

Ah! you don't have to worry. Like I've written in the first post of this thread, it's more for fun... As far as SnK is concerned, I don't take the pairings seriously

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:45 am

Well personally I respect Mikasa's feelings.. so I'll go with MikasaxEren..
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Looks like SNK mangaka not made triangle yet but it's still long way. It maybe happen in future.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum