Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

I don't understand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't understand

Post by Rin on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:46 am

The whole theme of NaruHina is support....and yet, if Obito wants to resurrect the person that supported him and blames people for her death, he is automatically a bad character?! I just don't understand.....

(sorry, had to get that out)
avatar
Rin


Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by bellezanaruhina on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 am

I think with Obito he is too selfish with his wants.

I mean Obito first of all is blaming the wrong people for her death, and if not, is punishing a whole lot of people innocent of anything to do with Rin.

I mean starting a war...wanting to end reality as they know it, for HIS SUPPORT... yea way to self-center in my opinion

Also Naruhina support is notoriously unselfish, Hinata adores/loves/supports Naruto but she still understands priorities like love of family/clan/village/friends etc. I believe the same can be said of Naruto.

I don't think either one would say "bump the world and it's happiness, I deserve it more" lol
avatar
bellezanaruhina


Posts : 31
Gender : Female
Location : In my head, on my bed, in front of laptop

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Strawberry on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 am

^ Exactly!

It's not nearly the same, and if you think people say Obito is a bad character just because he wants to revive the one person who gave him support, you're looking at it the most simplistic way.

Obito doesn't want to revive Rin, he wants to create an illusion of her so he can escape the reality of her death.

Rin wasn't the only one who supported him, he also had Minato supporting his dream, Kakashi, and all of his other friends. Obito realized he still could've become hokage and made Rin proud a few chapters ago, but he's still going down the wrong path.

He's killed many people and committed countless crimes, just because Kakashi let Rin die. He's unreasonable, he doesn't respect Rin's memory and is just being a selfish little brat trying to force everyone into a fake world, because he can't deal with his reality.

Obito is a bad character because he has crappy reasons, he's not consistent, and there's a lot of contradiction in all of his actions. It's not just about him having a crush on Rin (though being honest, the fact that he's over 30 and still holding into his 12 year old crush is questionable), it's much more than that.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Bubbles on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Maybe he contradicts himself because he's delusional. Either way, like Strawberry said, he's not terrible for wanting his support back, he's terrible for blaming the world for losing her, starting a world war so he can force everyone into his dreamworld to escape reality, and even after realizing he still had supporters and could have lived his dream making Rin proud, he doesn't give a crap and still doesn't regret a thing.
He also called the Rin who died for her village a phony. He's cuckoo.

_________________
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Irielo on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Index-chan wrote:The whole theme of NaruHina is support....and yet, if Obito wants to resurrect the person that supported him and blames people for her death, he is automatically a bad character?! I just don't understand.....

(sorry, had to get that out)
"To resurrect the person that supported him", he is able to kill the whole world... And then to come with a lame plan that everybody will be able to live inside an artificial world. Has he asked himself if everybody wanted it, has he realized that he destroyed families, wives, husbands...? Does he know that he is not the only one with a hole in the heart and that he dig a hole in several hearts?

No, of course not because mister Obito is too Rincentric for that. Obito has no ideal of peace, in fact that's just an excuse to all his wrong deeds and a way to be with a fake Rin.

Obito has no identity and never grew up (sorry I have to repeat myself). His life turns only around Rin:

Rin is the cause: The way she died triggered his hatred and led to all his actions
Rin is the way: Obito becoming like the So6P thanks to his obsession of Rin instead of being overpowered by the Juubi
Rin is the finality: Obito probably redeeming himself thanks to Naruto TnJ using once again Rin's image

That's why I think the best thing for him before dying would be him to be put under izanami. At least he might grow up a bit and gain some dignity lol.

Sorry I answered this post right away and I have to say that I agree with what you have written bellezanaruhina, Strawberry and Bubbles.


Last edited by Irielo on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something)
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Rin on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:22 pm

That's not the point. The point is that NaruHina is all about support and that you automatically hate Obito for wanting support. Read first post please.
avatar
Rin


Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Irielo on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Strawberry wrote:
Rin wasn't the only one who supported him, he also had Minato supporting his dream, Kakashi, and all of his other friends. Obito realized he still could've become hokage and made Rin proud a few chapters ago, but he's still going down the wrong path.
@Index-chan Please read yourself what the others have written. I'm quoting Strawberry now to point out that Rin was not the only support for Obito. Minato supported his dream too. He believed that they both could become Hokage. The problem with Obito is instead of going back to Konoha after these dramatic events, he decided to go back to Madara. If he had returned to Konoha, he would have got the support from others but Obito has chosen to be alone and to cultivate an obsession about Rin.

That's actually the difference with Naruto. Naruto never refused the support of the others. That's why he is where he is now. Do you think it was a coincidence that panels with Naruto surrounded by his friends and everybody who stand behind him were shown in the manga last chapters? That was a good thing imo although I like NaruHina and I love how Hinata and Naruto support each other, both know that they have friends on who they can count. Naruto showed he had bonds with several people, not only one despite the fact that Hinata is someone special to him.

Therefore Obito decided to cut his bonds with everybody and that was a big mistake. By doing so he cut any possibility for someone to support him. For years he has preferred to play the dead man to plot against and to mess up the society instead of going back to where he belonged. Obito would have definitely been supported and even admired if he came back. But no, he decided otherwise and never changed although enough time passed by.

Obito is a bad example. I hope Sasuke has learnt something out of this...

And I disagree on the fact that you reduce NaruHina to support only. There is a mutual understanding too between those two and much more. If Obito understood Rin, he would not have acted the way he did and that's what Naruto pointed out in the last chapter.

I hope that this reply regarding the support in Obito's life is clear enough now and please, stop assuming that people automatically hate Obito. A good villain is someone who makes himself/herself enough hatable but Obito has shown himself "not consistent" like Strawberry wrote, that he has become boring and annoying at the end of the day.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Rin on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am

No. Earlier you told me to pay attention to what you have written, and now you should pay attention to what I have written. It's my opinion that Obito is a good character, and what you are doing now is trying to change it. I respect your opinion even though I don't get it, so you should respect mine too, let's leave it at that.
avatar
Rin


Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Irielo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 am

Index-chan wrote:No.  Earlier you told me to pay attention to what you have written, and now you should pay attention to what I have written. It's my opinion that Obito is a good character, and what you are doing now is trying to change it. I respect your opinion even though I don't get it, so you should respect mine too, let's leave it at that.
^Please could you name the person to whom you are addressing? Because the way you have written your former post was as if you were addressing to everybody on this thread. And every replier has given an answer about the supporting issue.

When you state that you don't understand how people are fed up or don't like Obito, you should expect to get answers. Damn we are in "Naruto Discussion" right now! I know everybody has his/her own opinion and that's what we are doing by discussing: sharing and learning from each other. If you don't agree that the discussion evolves, then one should not call it a discussion anymore.

The fact that I'm replying does not mean that I don't respect your opinion but that I have a different one and that's what makes a discussion. I hope you get what I mean now because I'm interested in discussing about Naruto's issues here.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Rin on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:54 am

I do understand, but it seemed to me like your were bashing Obito.
avatar
Rin


Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Irielo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:30 am

Index-chan wrote:I do understand, but it seemed to me like your were bashing Obito.
Incredible... Once you tell me that I should respect your opinion and now that it seems I'm bashing... Which is which? Really...
If I wanted to bash on Obito, I would for sure have used other words to describe him. When I stated that Obito never grew up and that he is obsessed by Rin, this is something the manga shows itself and I'm not the only one who sees that.

However if you want to think otherwise, if you have a different opinion about it, then it's ok but I still keep what I've said and written about it even tough it's not of your taste.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by bricksquad88 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Index-chan wrote:The whole theme of NaruHina is support....and yet, if Obito wants to resurrect the person that supported him and blames people for her death, he is automatically a bad character?! I just don't understand.....

(sorry, had to get that out)
It does seem like Obito's character has been getting quite a solid amount of hate directed towards him. However, I do think some of the objections towards Obito are justified. I believe others have touched upon what I'm about to say, but I'll give my two cents anyways.

I believe the main objection towards Obito's actions/intentions is the fact that they are somewhat ridiculous. Considering the fact that he turned his back on his friends and village, joined Madara Uchiha and spent years trying to fulfil his moon-eye plan because his crush was killed is imo weak motives. And to make things even worse, when he and Kakashi were in the Kamui dimension, Obito informed Kakashi that he had known that Rin's death was not his fault, but Rin had thrown herself on his chidori to save Kakashi from having to go through killing Rin himself... So.. Obito KNEW why Rin had died and yet continued on his path of vengenace against the world.

In regards to support, it seems as if you are insinuating that Rin was Obito's only support. That b.s. There were many others who would have supported Obito and helped him if he had come back to the village. Also, for discussion purposes there are many other characters in the manga who had way less "support" or at least as much "support as Obito and they didn't try and put the world under infinite tusykomi(pretty sure I spelt that wrong). If Obito's intentions were not purely Rin-driven, I don't think as many people would have objections to Obito trying to do Infinite Tyuskomi. However, since it seems that is what Kishimoto has written, it is only natural that many people would object to having the "villan who is responsible for 95% of all the shit that has gone wrong in the manga's motivations to be a 12 year old girl..."

Index-chan wrote:That's not the point. The point is that NaruHina is all about support and that you automatically hate Obito for wanting support. Read first post please.
Supporting each other is a big theme not just with NaruHina, but in the Naruto manga itself. However, to reduce NaruHina to is a statement that in my opinion lacks understanding. Now I personally don't have a particular ship that I'm super gungho about. Nevertheless, I have read most of the manga, and I can say from all these "NaruHina moments" it has been more then just support. There has been understanding, trust, love(from Hinata's side), and mutual respect among other things.

Hating Obito doesn't stem from the fact that he wants support, but from the fact that once his crush died, he forsaked everything he was and forgot about everyone else who cared about him. He's hell bent on taking over the world because of a girl... There are so many characters in the manga who have lost so much more but didn't give up everything. His motivation is ridiculously shallow. I understand he loved Rin, but to take over the whole world... There needs to be more than that imo to constitute such a drastic shift in character in such a short amount of time.
avatar
bricksquad88


Posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Strawberry on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Index-chan wrote:That's not the point. The point is that NaruHina is all about support and that you automatically hate Obito for wanting support. Read first post please.
That's exactly the point and the problem. You're automatically assuming for some reason that people hate Obito because he wants support..? But Obito doesn't want support, he only wants Rin. I don't hate him because he wants support, I hate him for all the reasons I mentioned above, and many reasons I've already mentioned in this forum many times.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, you are free to like whatever character you like, that's all a matter of taste and you might even like him for the same reasons I hate him. But I am answering your question because the reason you're giving for people hating on Obito is the most simplistic and an erroneous one. People don't hate him for wanting support, he's hated for many other reasons, that go from his motives, to all the nonsense he preaches that makes no sense. Take your pick, but wanting support is not one of them since that's not even what he wants.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Bubbles on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Strawberry wrote:
Index-chan wrote:That's not the point. The point is that NaruHina is all about support and that you automatically hate Obito for wanting support. Read first post please.
That's exactly the point and the problem. You're automatically assuming for some reason that people hate Obito because he wants support..? But Obito doesn't want support, he only wants Rin. I don't hate him because he wants support, I hate him for all the reasons I mentioned above, and many reasons I've already mentioned in this forum many times.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, you are free to like whatever character you like, that's all a matter of taste and you might even like him for the same reasons I hate him. But I am answering your question because the reason you're giving for people hating on Obito is the most simplistic and an erroneous one. People don't hate him for wanting support, he's hated for many other reasons, that go from his motives, to all the nonsense he preaches that makes no sense. Take your pick, but wanting support is not one of them since that's not even what he wants.
This. I don't hate Obito because he "wants support," but because of his motives, his actions are all over the place imo and in general, I just cannot stand what his character became.

_________________
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by bellezanaruhina on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:35 pm


What Strawberry said hit the nail on the head.

It's not about hating Obito...Imo it's about seeing the potential hero, becoming the villain and hating that...instead of just hating the character point blank...that''s my view at least. Obito pre-Madara= sweet on a good path....the present Obito= lost with minimal chance at redemption he claims not to want.

That is what is hated.
avatar
bellezanaruhina


Posts : 31
Gender : Female
Location : In my head, on my bed, in front of laptop

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Irielo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:51 pm

bellezanaruhina wrote:
What Strawberry said hit the nail on the head.

It's not about hating Obito...Imo it's about seeing the potential hero, becoming the villain and hating that...instead of just hating the character point blank...that''s my view at least. Obito pre-Madara= sweet on a good path....the present Obito= lost with minimal chance at redemption he claims not to want.

That is what is hated.
I understand your opinion however mine is a bit different regarding this issue. Good or villain, a character should be consistent but that is not the case with Obito. Once he was good and nice, then his path changed after Rin's death... I don't have any problem with the fact that he changed and became a villain. His emotions led him to react with hatred and that could have been the reason why he would after some time develop an ideal of peace.

However, the thing is that his so called plan to bring peace through Tsuki no Me was just an excuse to escape reality and satisfy his obsession about Rin, therefore, it's not really an ideal of peace for which he is fighting for.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't understand

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum