Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Naruhina Month Planning Thread

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which month should Naruhina Month be held?

33% 33% 
[ 22 ]
66% 66% 
[ 44 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 67

Re: Naruhina Month Planning Thread

Post by Satou on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 pm

I like both December and January.
1. December because of chapter 615. It was a big Naruto-->Hinata moment for us.
2. January because it's between December chapter 615 and February chapter 437.

I voted for January.
Satou

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:07 am

I'm 99% sure that it will be January.

So, Aelita, how would you like me to have this person contact you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 am

I'm pretty sure it's going to be January too lol, but I want to keep the poll open for fairness. (Do you know how to close polls once they've put up? I put in 0  for how many days it should be open but now would like to change it).

Spoiler:
They can email me at warrioraelita@aim.com
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:26 am

Hmm... in the right upper corner of the poll, there is an 'x' button, that will pup up with "close this poll." I'm not sure if it's there for you or not... If not, I'll try my best to remember to close it at the right time. :p

And ok.. I'll tell her... though at this point I'm not sure how much she'll be doing. But something is better than nothing. We need to take advantage of the people we have from our forum, too. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:30 pm

2 cents:

If you must do it "now," then January (the official release month of chapter 615 as it came out in Japan on Jan 4th this year--not the illegal scanlation release that coincidentally ended up being December 27, 2012 and due that coincidence a bunch of theories that never had a chance to being correct sprang up this past year) is the only month that makes sense to me. January also has the privilege of being the month where we always get very few manga chapters due to SJ shutting down for a couple of weeks every year in that month. Therefore, it'll give some people something to do while the manga is clearly on hiatus.

March isn't bad due to being the official release month of chapter 437 back in 2009 (not the illegal scanlation release that ended up being in February 2009). November, though it only has 30 days, also works for being a "neutral" month that doesn't lend itself to celebrating anything on its own while being between the months of October (Naruto's month) and December (Hinata's month).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:51 pm

dovey wrote:Aelita-

I'll ask her as soon as she responds to my other message. Rawrrsakura was the one who referred this person, so I'm not 100% sure if it will work out. I have high hopes, though.
And... I think we have some people on the forum who can do graphics... like Strawberry-chan for example. Maybe we can see if she could do a little something for NH month.

**EDIT**
An Idea from Rawrrsakura:
And I was just discussing with a fellow NH fan about celebrating December 27th (the day chapter 615 came out) and treat it as if it is an official holiday where we can post how we felt about the day, edits, feelings, etc. I feel it will be a great 'teaser' to get us all hyped and ready to go on January 1st.
I think it's a really awesome idea. u_u
Hey! Don't volunteer me! Hehe, just kidding. Just re-watched that one Free! episode and wanted to quote Haru. :3

Anyways, I could help if you guys need me to. But searching about GFXing made me realize how little I know about it. xD So if you have someone else in mind who's proer and could make better designs that might be better. But still! I'm willing to help best way I can, and I wouldn't give you guys something I didn't like.

I voted for January as well. I might not be able to participate the whole month, but I could manage to make something a few days to support it. I'm glad you guys are serious about this and moving along well. Good job!

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Strawberry wrote:
Hey! Don't volunteer me! Hehe, just kidding. Just re-watched that one Free! episode and wanted to quote Haru. :3

Anyways, I could help if you guys need me to. But searching about GFXing made me realize how little I know about it. xD So if you have someone else in mind who's proer and could make better designs that might be better. But still! I'm willing to help best way I can, and I wouldn't give you guys something I didn't like.

I voted for January as well. I might not be able to participate the whole month, but I could manage to make something a few days to support it. I'm glad you guys are serious about this and moving along well. Good job!

I really wasn't trying to volunteer you!!! :0 Hehehe. ^_^

Umm... I don't know what's going on with designers/GFXers. :/ I would LOVE for you to help with it, though! Anything you can do, my dear. We just need some teasers and then the calendar with the official event/day on it. There's someone else who has offered to help, but I'm not sure what they're going to be able to do.
dovey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:51 pm

^ Hehe :3 It's okay, I know.

I'll try and get to it as soon as I can, then. And if the other person also makes something, then you guys just decide which one you'll use, I really wouldn't mind.

A couple of things first, though.

Aelita wrote:For example I was thinking of an edit in this format:

The Naruhina forum presents:
Naruhina Month
[Image of either a Naruhina fanart (obtained with permission) or an edited image from the Manga] 
[Insert Month and Year here]
The Official List of prompts will be released on [Insert release Date here]

In a pretty cursive (but still very legible) font. The entire Teaser would be in a color palate of lavender/lilac-Orange/Tangerine. What do you guys think?
I'm not sure about how I can make that combination of colors look good together, so if I find it out of my skills, would you mind if I use a pale yellow instead of Orange / Tangerine? Kind of like the colors the forum's tumblr has. Also, is there any specific image you guys want me to use for the banner? If not, I already have one in mind, but if you do, it would be preferable if it's a render (renders are images without a background like this one: http://gabygomita.deviantart.com/art/Naruhina-Render-359876660), but I could also work with a fan-art and make it into a render myself if it's not cut-off on all sides and doesn't have text over it.

If there are any other specifications you guys want, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Strawberry-chan~
Is that the render you wanted to use? It's super cute!
I don't have a specific image in mind or anything, so I'm fine with you using that one. :3
About the colors... yea I know it's hard to get orange and purple to look right together. Lol. That's why our tumblr is like it is. >.< I think if you use more muted shades you'll have more luck.

Thank you for taking this on, dear!!!!!! :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:12 am

@Strawberry, that image's good and it fits with the winter month Naruhina month is going to be celebrated in. Just as long as the water mark is removed. As for a color palate pale yellow and lavender works as well but I'd avoid a primary yellow color as (despite being complementary colors) it doesn't always work well with colors in the purple family. Using a muted tangerine color like in the titles of the forum Tumblr page would be good to. Here are some color combos I saw on goolge with a Naruhina color scheme that I liked, what do you guys think?
Spoiler:

what can I say, I like flowers lol
Since it seems Strawberry's going to take charge of the banner, I'll go ahead and remove it from the positions list on the OP. It's really appreciated :)

@Dovey about celebrating Dec 27, I think this is a great idea as a kick starter if we end up doing Naruhina Month in January (which is what it seems). It can be like a little appetizer to the celebration soon to come. We could even make a separate banner for it (since it wouldn't fit in with the Month of January)

And on that topic, Last day of voting, so everyone spread the word and vote vote vote! The polls will close at 12 am Nov 16 EST (Eastern Standard Time)! @Dovey I still can't figure out how to close the poll lol so could you do the honors?
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:13 am

Dovey-chan - it's not problem, dear. :3

Aelita - Ok, good. Don't worry, I won't use a combination of colors I am not pleased with, and I already have more or less an idea of what I'm going to make. I should have something for you between tomorrow and Sunday. About the image, I don't see that it has any watermark, though if you're referring to the little symbol on top, yes, that's easily removable and I wouldn't let it in. (:

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:17 am

Aelita wrote:@Strawberry, that image's good and it fits with the winter month Naruhina month is going to be celebrated in. Just as long as the water mark is removed. As for a color palate pale yellow and lavender works as well but I'd avoid a primary yellow color as (despite being complementary colors) it doesn't always work well with colors in the purple family. Using a muted tangerine color like in the titles of the forum Tumblr page would be good to. Here are some color combos I saw on goolge with a Naruhina color scheme that I liked, what do you guys think?
Spoiler:

what can I say, I like flowers lol
Since it seems Strawberry's going to take charge of the banner, I'll go ahead and remove it from the positions list on the OP. It's really appreciated :)

@Dovey about celebrating Dec 27, I think this is a great idea as a kick starter if we end up doing Naruhina Month in January (which is what it seems). It can be like a little appetizer to the celebration soon to come. We could even make a separate banner for it (since it wouldn't fit in with the Month of January)

And on that topic, Last day of voting, so everyone spread the word and vote vote vote! The polls will close at 12 am Nov 16 EST (Eastern Standard Time)! @Dovey I still can't figure out how to close the poll lol so could you do the honors?
Yup yup! I liked the idea, too! I'm glad it was suggested. :3

I made another announcement on tumblr, stressing that voting was nearly over, so maybe we'll get a few more votes in before it's finished.
And I'll try to remember to close it at the right time.  
dovey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 am

I'll have to go with Jan, It'll be a great way to start off the year, with some NH goodness  and it should also give us some more time to work on and make it a real grand event.

Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 pm

these are some pretty good ideas you guys
that is a pretty good picture to use strawberry

i'm not too good with designs mostly the art work part I kinda suck at(drawing).
but I will tell you alieta that the lavender/purple and orange make an excellent combo

lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Fanfiction.net Delegate
Deviantart Delegate
"Official Naruhina Month Prompts List" edit Designer
Naruhina Month Calender Designer
For these, I was wondering if perhaps we should describe the responsibilities for them a bit so people can have a better idea of what we'd like them to do should they take on the role?

I also want to let you all know that a member of the NH FC on Narutoforums [SourGrapes101] has come with some prompt ideas for NaruHina month:
Laughter, teamwork, change, sleep, advice and storytelling.

Shall we add these to the list of prompts as well? ^-^

As for the design banner for NH Month, I love the color palette and the picture, so nice!

Last edited by Bubbles on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding on!)
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Poll closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:30 pm

So it Looks like its Official, Naruhina Month will be held in January 2014 this year 

But deciding the month is just the tip of the iceberg, there's still plenty to be planned.

Now we need to decide on a release date for the Official list of Prompts so Strawberry can include it on the Teaser banner. The calendar would probably be released a day or two after the List. We need to choose a date that gives people enough time to prepare for Naruhina Month but also not so far in advance that they forget.

Once we've decided that we'd need to give Strawberry a deadline for the finished teaser which would need to be released a few weeks before the List and Calender are released.

After that we'd need to decide a deadline for when we want the List and the calender completed so we can post it up on-time.

The List of Prompts and the Rules are still a work in-progress so feel free to throw some ideas out there. If we do the prompt-prompt-question-prompt-prompt pattern We'd need 10 questions and 21 prompts.

We also need to talk to various fanclubs on Deviantart and Fanfiction.net about collaborating with us, or at least discussing about them recognizing Naruhina Month and allowing their members to submit work there in the name of Naruhina Month. (Bubbles I'll get back to describing this job more in detail later). We also still need to find people who'd be willing to design the List and Calender. 

Not to mention the idea of celebrating December 27th as a kick-starter still needs to be discussed and planned out. (Like are you guys on board with this idea? If we were to do it how would we advertise it? Would we make a separate advertising banner for it in advance for it? Should we leave it mostly to the folks on Tumblr and Rawrrsakura to figure out?)
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Aelita - I experimented a little bit, and it turns out I was able to use the original colors you wanted. I'm sorry if it's not what you had in mind, since I went with the c4d style, but I hope you guys like it nonetheless. I'm happy with the result. Though if you wanted something "cuter" (as in with flowers and designs like that), then I suppose I could try something else.
Here it is!:

Now, about the text, I'm not sure about which font to use, did you have any specific one in mind? Also, where do you think the text could be placed? I wasn't sure if you wanted it outside of the image, going by the format you made. I'm not really good at text (in fact I’d say I suck at it), so any suggestions are appreciated.

If you need help with anything else, let me know. I am not confident in my skills, but I am always willing to help out.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Oh wow Strawberry, that is so cute! I love it so far.

Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Oh, wow! That looks awesome, Strawberry-chan!! ^_^

As for fonts... on Google fonts, I like Bilbo Swash, Engagement, Snippet, Euphoria, Princess Sofia, Grand Hotel, Redressed, Rancho, Handlee, Bad Script, and a lot more. :0 They're all attractive yet easy to read. u_u

Aelita-
How long do you think people will need to plan? Like do we want to have the lists released by December 1?

Back to top Go down

Post by ~TowardsTheSun~ on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:32 am

Omg I just found the cutest thing on Google xD
Spoiler:
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/53/74/85/orange10.jpg

I want to make these so badly lol.
And yay, looks like we have some more time to prepare for the event since it's gonna be in January.
~TowardsTheSun~

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Bubbles wrote:Oh wow Strawberry, that is so cute! I love it so far.

dovey wrote:Oh, wow! That looks awesome, Strawberry-chan!! ^_^

As for fonts... on Google fonts, I like Bilbo Swash, Engagement, Snippet, Euphoria, Princess Sofia, Grand Hotel, Redressed, Rancho, Handlee, Bad Script, and a lot more. :0 They're all attractive yet easy to read. u_u

Aelita-
How long do you think people will need to plan? Like do we want to have the lists released by December 1?
Thank you girls, I am SO glad you like it.

Dovey-chan - I'll try the Bilbo Swash Caps, since I've previously downloaded it and see if it fits. If it doesn't, I'll try those out. Thank you for all the suggestions! Now I just need to know the date the official prompt list will be released so I can put it on.

A suggestion, I think it should be released early in December, to give enough time to everyone to prepare what they'll make. The sooner, the better. I would help out coming up with other themes, but my brain isn't creative enough. T-T

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:48 pm

@Strawberry, it looks cool so far. I really like how it has a New Years bash kind of vibe to it. I'd leave room within your background to place text above and below Naruto and Hinata for text. Or you could try putting text over Naruto and Hinata's lower halves (for the lower portion of the text) if that works. For Font, I feel something too whimsical wouldn't fit the image you have going on there, I think something on the more elegant side would work best (if we're sticking to a 'Happy New Years!' type theme). I like biblo swash caps and Tangerine in a dark purple color from Google fonts.

@Dovey, I agree with Strawberry, I think early December would be best as a release date. But we also can't pick too early because we don't have a definite person to design the list right now. How do you guys feel about December 8th?

Right now we have 7 questions so we'd need 3 more to make 10. We actually have more than we need for prompts, but we can narrow down the list later.

On another note, I've been working on a rough for the Calender ^_^

Spoiler:

What do you guys think? Since the Official list is going to be really decorated with all the rules and regulations on it. I wanted to calender to be a simple clean easy-to-read alternative with just a bit of decoration on it.
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Alright. The 8th sounds good to me.

I made this for our tumblr earlier--
Spoiler:

It's Snippet and Grand Hotel. I was playing around with GIMP lol. I'm trying to make our tumblr look better. >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Aelita - Cool. And okay, I got you. I can move around the render and the c4d's a bit so I can place the text better. I might try a couple of different texts and show you guys to tell me which looks best.

About the design list, what exactly is it you have in mind for it? Maybe I could help out with that too, depending on what exactly it is. Do you have an example of what you want more or less?

I like the idea of the calendar being simple, and I think what you have there is nice. A little suggestion (though is not necessary, just my personal preference), maybe you could clean up the image a little bit? To remove the scratch marks from their faces, and maybe turn their mouths a little up? Just to give it a little more of a "cheerful" feeling. If you don't know how to do it, I could clean it up for you, if you decide to take my suggestion that is. It works like that too.

Dovey-chan - Can I borrow that? :3 Just to see if it fits with the banner?

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum