Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Do you guys agree with this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you guys agree with this?

Post by NaruHina <3 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Someone typed this on FaceBook...

So, you guys always give me hate about not like Hinata, yet you don't even know my reasons. So I'll give them to you because it has nothing to do with me like Sakura at all. Hinata has from the start of the series been portrayed as weak. She had no natural talent like Neji, and her only reason to do anything is for Naruto. Quite honestly, she's bordering on yandere, except for the fact that she doesn't have it in her to really hurt anything. She's to Naruto what Orohime is to Ichigo from Bleach. Not to mention, her only fight in shippuden, she nearly died. Yes, she did it for Naruto, blah blah blah, but we have no idea how Naruto would have handled it if she hadn't butted in. So there you go. It's those reasons that I don't like her.

How do you feel about it? Because honestly, I'm a bit peeved.   
avatar
NaruHina <3


Posts : 405
Gender : Female
Location : Texas, thats all y'all need to know. :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by MichaelInsanity on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Well all I have to say abo-     
avatar
MichaelInsanity


Posts : 388
Gender : Male
Location : Virginia US

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by kirmazah on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:03 pm

At first I thought this was you writing the message I was gonna say... naughty! :P

As for this... I don't even know. Yandere, really? I feel it's views on Hinata are a bit skewed. It sees negatives but no positives. Yes she was weak in the beginning but she has grown stronger.
avatar
kirmazah


Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Fallere825 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight

_________________
Next time, I'll be next to you, Holding your hand...Walking WITH you.
Hinata...Thank you!...It's thanks to you that stayed at my side
I won't let go of your Hand!!
avatar
Fallere825


Posts : 529
Gender : Male
Location : Caribbean

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by lily567 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Lickstermik wrote:Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight
yousaid it all, she may not be the strongest physically but she is strongest at heart if you get what I mean.btw naruto himself said she was incredible(in her fight against neji) and that she is a strong woman (all in your eyes moment)

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Irielo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Lickstermik wrote:Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight

So it is my friend! Why putting Hinata or even any other character in such stereotypes like yandere or tsundere when the story goes beyond these?
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Batokusanagi on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:26 am

I certainly don't agree.

Hinata has from the start of the series been portrayed as weak. She had no natural talent like Neji, and her only reason to do anything is for Naruto.
So was Naruto, Lee, Sakura, Sasuke, etc. The main theme of part 1 was "hard work" so it's not surprising. And, she does have other motivations than Naruto to do anything.

Quite honestly, she's bordering on yandere, except for the fact that she doesn't have it in her to really hurt anything.
This is wrong and contradictory, she can't be a yandere if she can't hurt anything. Besides what's wrong with being a pacifist?

Not to mention, her only fight in shippuden, she nearly died. Yes, she did it for Naruto, blah blah blah, but we have no idea how Naruto would have handled it if she hadn't butted in.
Naruto wouldn't have "handled" anything, he'd be dead if she hadn't intervened. Probably this comment was written before 559, but Naruto said she saved him and that's all we need to know.

avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by racefan1992 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:14 am

Lickstermik wrote:Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight
Wins the thread.

If i had too rank Hinata on talent and skill she'd be (imho) ranked 8-10 (give or take everyones eye test is different) out of the rookies.

BUT if i had to rank Hinata based on work ethic, um Hinata and Naruto would tie for #1 and be light years ahead of everyone else. (IMHO)

What Hinata lacks in physical strength she makes up in heart and courage. Hell, even Naruto sees it. Hinata gives every fiber of her being too be stronger and better every damn day. And she works mostly by herself, no one is there too help (<if i'm wrong someone correct me) her.

Too take 3 shots too the heart and keep getting back too your feet? Heart and lots of it.

Too step in front of Pain, knowing you can't win but do it anyway? Same as above.

#drops the mic
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by MichaelInsanity on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 am

Well, her, Naruto and Lee. Lee was told he would never be a ninja again after the chunin exams. Look at him now.

But yes I agree wholeheartedly. She kicks ass, and whether anyone else believes it or not, she is an amazing and complex character.
avatar
MichaelInsanity


Posts : 388
Gender : Male
Location : Virginia US

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by bricksquad88 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm

NaruHina <3 wrote:Someone typed this on FaceBook...

So, you guys always give me hate about not like Hinata, yet you don't even know my reasons. So I'll give them to you because it has nothing to do with me like Sakura at all. Hinata has from the start of the series been portrayed as weak. She had no natural talent like Neji, and her only reason to do anything is for Naruto. Quite honestly, she's bordering on yandere, except for the fact that she doesn't have it in her to really hurt anything. She's to Naruto what Orohime is to Ichigo from Bleach. Not to mention, her only fight in shippuden, she nearly died. Yes, she did it for Naruto, blah blah blah, but we have no idea how Naruto would have handled it if she hadn't butted in. So there you go. It's those reasons that I don't like her.

How do you feel about it? Because honestly, I'm a bit peeved.   
Hinata was "portrayed as weak" is subject for discussion. All the rookies were weak. This isn't a good argument. The only rookies who were somewhat "strong" in Part 1 were Neji and Sasuke and Naruto was getting stronger by the end of Part 1. But ultimately they were all pretty weak tbh.

Lickstermik wrote:Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight
2.) I strongly disagree. Let's be honest, Hinata was weak. Key word is "was". My only issue with your point about her fighting exceptionally stronger opponents is this could apply to quite a few people. Without help, as in she had no intel on her opponents? Because in her fight with Neji that is false. Or without help as in the sense that she didn't have a tailed beast or ocular jutsu? Because that is false too. Please specify what you mean by "help " TBH outside of Naruto and Sasuke, few characters are even on their level of development and power. In relation to Naruto and Sasuke, the rookies are hella weak. IMO most of the rookies have only shown a few improvements in jutsu's and if one of the themes of Naruto is the new generation surpassing the old generation, they have quite a ways to go, excluding Naruto and Sasuke.

3.) Being someone's inspiration can be a reson to do something... I completely disagree with that one. If it wasn't for Naruto, who would have inspired Hinata to become stronger? I'm not saying Naruto is her only reason for becoming stronger, but he is a pretty big reason.


[/quote]
racefan1992 wrote:
Lickstermik wrote:Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight
Wins the thread.

If i had too rank Hinata on talent and skill she'd be (imho) ranked 8-10 (give or take everyones eye test is different) out of the rookies.

BUT if i had to rank Hinata based on work ethic, um Hinata and Naruto would tie for #1 and be light years ahead of everyone else. (IMHO)

What Hinata lacks in physical strength she makes up in heart and courage. Hell, even Naruto sees it. Hinata gives every fiber of her being too be stronger and better every damn day. And she works mostly by herself, no one is there too help (<if i'm wrong someone correct me) her.

Too take 3 shots too the heart and keep getting back too your feet? Heart and lots of it.

Too step in front of Pain, knowing you can't win but do it anyway? Same as above.

#drops the mic
I'd disagree on the work ethic part, I'd put Naruto and Rock Lee before Hinata.
avatar
bricksquad88


Posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Fallere825 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 pm

bricksquad88 wrote:

Lickstermik wrote:Well wow  . To each their own opinion i suppose  but imo

1. It has more of an impact when a weak character (physical & skill) is developed into a strong one no? e.g. the jump from part 1 to 2 Neji genius in part 1 still a genius in part 2 new skill (air palm) Hinata shy (and compared to those around her) "weak" in part 1 willingly taking on the head of the akatsuki and fighting on the front lines in war in part 2 new skill (air palm as well as the twin lion chakra fist move we're still yet to see). Now honestly to yourself all bias aside which has more of an impact for you? It is because she wasn't a prodigy like Neji(rip) her development means so much more, she wasn't born with the talent, she worked for and earned it.
2. Hinata was never weak. People (and i mean generally here) seem to think Hinata is weak because the few fights we've seen with her, she lost. What everyone (general) seems to be ignoring is the fact that those fights were against exceptionally stronger opponents (and she had no help in her fights *cough*) a prodigy in her style of fighting and someone with the skills of the so6p? now really lets stick other random characters in her place do you think the results would be much different? does that make everyone aside from Naruto and maybe Sasuke weak? I don't think so...and you know what? she took them on regardless of all of that, willingly.
3. Yandere? come on! It is because true love like this isn't common that conclusions like this are made. Hinata is furthest from that she is not obsessed, she just loves the guy. Another thing, Naruto is not her reason for doing anything. He is her inspiration, she wants to be stronger for herself and when she sees Naruto fighting for his dream, she is motivated to continue fighting for hers. It has nothing to do with doing anything for him or because of him.
4. Lastly if Hinata had not jumped in Naruto would no longer be with us today. simple as that, 1. he was pinned down and couldn't move at all, 2. Pain still had a reasonable amount of juice left if Naruto tried to struggle, 3. he wasn't activating 6 tails to help him out of the bind, 4. he was on the verge of giving in, he knew he couldn't get out. Now i will say it is possible had someone else been the one to jump in it could have had the same effects, however...no one else did! Hinata was the only one that thought about Naruto enough to go against his order just so that hopefully she could help him knowing exactly what the enemy was capable of and that it may cost her her life. Now say whatever you want but i will forever respect her as a character for that act of selflessness. She may not be the strongest physically or best skillfully but it takes a far greater strength to do what she did there.

^That is how i feel about it...goodnight
2.) I strongly disagree. Let's be honest, Hinata was weak. Key word is "was". My only issue with your point about her fighting exceptionally stronger opponents is this could apply to quite a few people. Without help, as in she had no intel on her opponents? Because in her fight with Neji that is false. Or without help as in the sense that she didn't have a tailed beast or ocular jutsu? Because that is false too. Please specify what you mean by "help " TBH outside of Naruto and Sasuke, few characters are even on their level of development and power. In relation to Naruto and Sasuke, the rookies are hella weak. IMO most of the rookies have only shown a few improvements in jutsu's and if one of the themes of Naruto is the new generation surpassing the old generation, they have quite a ways to go, excluding Naruto and Sasuke.

3.) Being someone's inspiration can be a reson to do something... I completely disagree with that one. If it wasn't for Naruto, who would have inspired Hinata to become stronger? I'm not saying Naruto is her only reason for becoming stronger, but he is a pretty big reason.
Well this depends on your definition of weak. If you're comparing them to what they are now or Jonins then yea of course but i think that is just slightly unfair no? if you take into consideration the fact that they were genin fresh out the academy I would think it's pretty safe to say they were pretty good, but that's just me. imo (and this isn't my inner fanboy speaking) Hinata even back then wasn't weak. Her main issue was her shyness and lack of self confidence, but being shy doesn't make you weak. Take away her lack of self confidence and replace it with Naruto's self confidence and i'm sure she would've given a lot of others her age group a run for their money. In her fight with Neji it was clear she had skill no?
Concerning others fighting exceptionally stronger opponents yes it can apply to lots of others but what I was trying to point out was the assumption that Hinata is weak based on these few fights isn't a fair assessment e.g. if we saw Hinata losing to random lower class ninja as well then It would be understandable for someone to view her as weak, I could be wrong but the fights I can remember have been exceptionally stronger opponents and I stand by what I said not just anybody would be able to pull those fights off. So it isn't fair to call Hinata or anyone for that matter weak based on these alone. When I mentioned help I meant actual physical help and it was a comparison to Sakura and Sasori's fight (but just because i was tired and the person's paragraph ticked me a little). Naruto and Sasuke are the mains for the series it would really be unfair to compare everyone else to them because no one will get the development they will. It is inevitable that those 2 would be light years ahead of everyone else but, concerning surpassing the previous generation I wanna give some examples excluding Naruto and Sasuke. Choji being able to use the calorie control technique without the pill, Ino was able to preform the broadcast to the shinobi alliance a lot easier than her father could and i'm pretty sure for longer, Hinata has developed a technique we haven't seen from any other hyuga (and it is stated she isn't the strongest) where she makes visible chakra cloaks over her palms in the shape of lions (still to see what they do), Sakura was able to master a seal like Tsunade's and it is more efficient as she doesn't need to use it to maintain her beauty. So yes the others are far behind compared to Naruto and Sasuke but we shouldn't let that distract us from just how good they really are. This generation surpassing the previous one isn't such a far-fetched idea imo.
Please don't get me wrong, I probably could've worded it better but i agree Naruto played a big part in her development. If it wasn't him she could've very well found something else to motivate her but we'll never know. What i was trying to say as a reply to the original message was that Hinata doesn't live for Naruto if you get what I mean. Everything she does is not for him, her goal is to be stronger and now to walk by his side, if she is doing this for anybody it is herself.

Like i said before though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion everything above and before is just my own.


Last edited by Lickstermik on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Next time, I'll be next to you, Holding your hand...Walking WITH you.
Hinata...Thank you!...It's thanks to you that stayed at my side
I won't let go of your Hand!!
avatar
Fallere825


Posts : 529
Gender : Male
Location : Caribbean

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by blackiechan35 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:55 pm

I can't say I agree with the 'Hinata has no natural talents' or bits "Hinata's weak".

She's pretty darn smart, it's just not delved into or frequently addressed like Shikamaru's and Sakura's intelligence. During the Chuunin Exams, she successfully answered all of the test questions without cheating (as far as we know). She was even confident enough to share her answers with Naruto.

I think I even remember reading that Hinata's Byakugan abilities surpassed Neji's.

blackiechan35


Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Strawberry on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 am

It all comes down to personal taste. Yes, Hinata was weak, some will dislike her for it, some will like her for it. She found in Naruto the motivation she needed to better herself and become stronger, again, some will love that, and some will hate that. It's all really a matter of preference.

I like Hinata's growth, and the fact that she wasn't as talented as others is something I admire, because it shows she has to put a lot of effort to become stronger, and I like hard-working characters. She doesn't get any major power-boosts, she's an underdog and she goes at her own pace. That's admirable, in my opinion, but not everyone will see it that way.

Don't be bothered by it too much. At the end of the day, we all know how Kishimoto has wanted to portray Hinata, and that CERTAINLY isn't as a yandere.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Graeystone on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 am

Hinata a yandere? Someone knows Japanese Tropes as well as they know English spell-checking. A yandere is when a tsundere goes full 100% psychopathic violence without any cute enduring characteristics to balance it all out.

As for Hinata being weak. . .well, yeah, she was. She was also a 12-13 year old girl who was ignored by her own father while being hated by her own cousin. That doesn't do one's self-esteem any good. Its worse because no one else really gave her a chance either. Kiba told her not to fight Neji.(Gaara either but he's the exception. I doubt anyone would have blamed Hinata if she didn't fight him at all.) I don't think Kurenai expected too much of her either.

Hinata is a 'female Naruto' minus the Bijuu - Considered 'dead last' by the majority of people and doesn't have much of a future except as a failure.
avatar
Graeystone


Posts : 111
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by racefan1992 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:36 am

^

This.
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by lily567 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 am

Graeystone wrote:Hinata a yandere? Someone knows Japanese Tropes as well as they know English spell-checking. A yandere is when a tsundere goes full 100% psychopathic violence without any cute enduring characteristics to balance it all out.

As for Hinata being weak. . .well, yeah, she was. She was also a 12-13 year old girl who was ignored by her own father while being hated by her own cousin. That doesn't do one's self-esteem any good. Its worse because no one else really gave her a chance either. Kiba told her not to fight Neji.(Gaara either but he's the exception. I doubt anyone would have blamed Hinata if she didn't fight him at all.) I don't think Kurenai expected too much of her either.

Hinata is a 'female Naruto' minus the Bijuu - Considered 'dead last' by the majority of people and doesn't have much of a future except as a failure.
yup agreed

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by MichaelInsanity on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:51 am

In a way... she really is just like his other half... He completes her, and she completes him.
avatar
MichaelInsanity


Posts : 388
Gender : Male
Location : Virginia US

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys agree with this?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum