Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

kishi holding back hinata

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:51 am

I decided to make this as a thread  so that all opinions for this can go in one topic instead of all over the place


from the beginning hinata has been slowly building up her self esteem thanks to naruto.
now  time and time again even in the pain arc(manga)kishi held back hinata's true power.
I think that hinata can do more than just the gentle step twin lion fist even tho we haven't seen the full potential of that as yet.

yes I understand that he is still building up her self esteem but the time when everyone was showing their true power(including sakura), kishi could've shown hinata's true power but he didn't. i think hinata can go further than64 palms(just a feeling).
what reason could it be for kishi to hold back hinata?  because i think she has more potential than the others.
which moment do you think that hinata will unleash her true power stunning everyone else(naruto and us readers)?
besides the gentle step twin lion fist, what other techniques do you think kishi is going to let hinata use which could be more powerful than the twin lions.

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Dianahinkle on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:06 am

I agree 1000% maybe the Hyuga also have some secret tablets that detail how to create and seal tailed beasts? Maybe the Hyuga have the power to change reality just like the sage and his mother? Why do I think this? The eight Trigrams.


Last edited by Dianahinkle on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dianahinkle


Posts : 113
Gender : Female

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am

Dianahinkle wrote:I agree 1000% maybe the Hyuga also have some secret tablets that detail how to create and seal tailed beasts? Maybe they Hyuga have the power to change reality just like the sage and his mother? Why do I think this? The eight Trigrams.
very interesting hmm...

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Batokusanagi on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:43 pm

^haha well...

Anyway, I'd be cool if Kishi makes Hinata use hakke kuuheikishou. It's huge, so imagine it with kurama's chakra boost:
Spoiler:

upper right panel
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Batokusanagi wrote:^haha well...

Anyway, I'd be cool if Kishi makes Hinata use hakke kuuheikishou. It's huge, so imagine it with kurama's chakra boost:
Spoiler:

upper right panel

phew that would be really powerful

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Dianahinkle on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Also the Hyuga consider their power so precious that they went as far to put a curse mark on ALL of their branch members to protect it. EVEN after death that HAS to mean something right?!
avatar
Dianahinkle


Posts : 113
Gender : Female

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:18 am

Dianahinkle wrote:Also the Hyuga consider their power so precious that they went as far to put a curse mark on ALL of their branch members to protect it. EVEN after death that HAS to mean something right?!
yea also,what secrets are they hiding that they have to use the curse seal on branch members

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by SilentPanda on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:02 am

I know this might seem a little crazy but I came up with a thesis. We never heard about hinata's mom. Only thing we saw of her was a flashback. can it or is possible that her mom can have a different type of byakugon (is that how you spell it?)? Or can her mom have some other power? Basically what I'm saying is that hinata can have a specail power gifted from her mom. (Note:in the flashback, hinata's mom's eyes were closed so she maybe couldn't have byakugan or she was related to the hyuga clan and had a different type of byakugan.) What do you think about this? Is it unlikely or likely for that to happen? Can that be the reason why kishi is holding her back?><(hides back in corner for a while)
avatar
SilentPanda


Posts : 14
Gender : Female
Location : somewhere quiet

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by SilentPanda on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:08 am

(Comes out of coner) if so, can hinata special powers be stronger than anyone of the characters (I don't know about that one) OR just be stronger than her original powers she uses? (Hides back in corner)
avatar
SilentPanda


Posts : 14
Gender : Female
Location : somewhere quiet

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 am

braveryangel01 wrote:I know this might seem a little crazy but I came up with a thesis. We never heard about hinata's mom. Only thing we saw of her was a flashback. can it or is possible that her mom can have a different type of byakugon (is that how you spell it?)? Or can her mom have some other power? Basically what I'm saying is that hinata can have a specail power gifted from her mom. (Note:in the flashback, hinata's mom's eyes were closed so she maybe couldn't have byakugan or she was related to the hyuga clan and had a different type of byakugan.) What do you think about this? Is it unlikely or likely for that to happen? Can that be the reason why kishi is holding her back?><(hides back in corner for a while)
braveryangel01 wrote:(Comes out of coner) if so, can hinata special powers be stronger than anyone of the characters (I don't know about that one) OR just be stronger than her original powers she uses? (Hides back in corner)
very interesting, umm it is quite possible since we know nothing about hinata's mom. she may not be as strong as the main characters(sakura, sasuke, naruto) but she could be stronger than the other rookies.

so far we have seen gentle step twin lion fists but not to its full power only glimpses but I think that she is hiding something other than that but you know with kishi anything is possible

also be careful of double posting, it is against the rules
so if you want to add something you can press edit of the top right corner of the post you posted

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by SilentPanda on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:00 am

Opps... sorry I'm using my phone :-(
avatar
SilentPanda


Posts : 14
Gender : Female
Location : somewhere quiet

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:15 am

braveryangel01 wrote:Opps... sorry I'm using my phone :-(
its ok just remember when you are posting next time

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Fallere825 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:43 am

lily567 wrote:
from the beginning hinata has been slowly building up her self esteem thanks to naruto.
now  time and time again even in the pain arc(manga)kishi held back hinata's true power.
I think that hinata can do more than just the gentle step twin lion fist even tho we haven't seen the full potential of that as yet.

yes I understand that he is still building up her self esteem but the time when everyone was showing their true power(including sakura), kishi could've shown hinata's true power but he didn't. i think hinata can go further than64 palms(just a feeling).
what reason could it be for kishi to hold back hinata?  because i think she has more potential than the others.
which moment do you think that hinata will unleash her true power stunning everyone else(naruto and us readers)?
besides the gentle step twin lion fist, what other techniques do you think kishi is going to let hinata use which could be more powerful than the twin lions.
8 trigrams 128 palms ftw!! - unnecessarily OP but cool nonetheless.

I agree he has been holding her back for quite sometime and after the chapter with the K11 showing off their stuff I believe/am hoping the reason we didn't see Hinata's max then, was because Kishimoto is holding that reveal for a more crucial moment. Possibly the last big attack against Juubito (i have my fingers crossed for this one).

For the twin lion fists, I've had a couple ideas of what those could do:

1. When connecting with the opponents chakra points using the twin lion fists, instead of just closing the points they are damaged. Making full recovery near impossible, especially for someone hit all 64 times.
and/or
2. (This one is kind of out there)  using the lion fists allows Hinata to hit/affect all the chakra points at once. This gives her the ability to effectively take on multiply enemies more efficiently. I'm thinking something like a 64 palm dance, where she attacks all the chakra points of an enemy with one hit then twirls/spins/steps to another continuing the flow like that (looks really epic in my head)

As for other techniques, I was thinking of a smaller more precise and accurate form of the air palm, which Hinata can use to do a ranged 64 palm strike of sorts.

_________________
Next time, I'll be next to you, Holding your hand...Walking WITH you.
Hinata...Thank you!...It's thanks to you that stayed at my side
I won't let go of your Hand!!
avatar
Fallere825


Posts : 529
Gender : Male
Location : Caribbean

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by JulaShona on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 am

I really have no idea for what reason Kishi-sama holds Hinata's power back.  But I bet it is saved for a more meaningful and important scene. If it's not... Kishi-sama will get a long "fanletter" from me.  
I could imagine myself that Hinata would reveal the true power of the Hyûga or something like that. Because, since Neji-san is now gone  , I can't imagine anybody else to archieve that.
But It would be nice, too, if Hinata's twin lion fists will be finally performed.
avatar
JulaShona


Posts : 236
Gender : Female
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Rasengan671 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:59 am

I don't know about this. Not to be a downer, but Hinata was never very talented as a shinobi, even to where Hanabi, who was a child, would stomp Hinata out in fights. Neji was the pride of the Hyuga, not Hinata. But that's not to say she isn't strong, because I believe she is. I'd wager she's one of the strongest of the K11, if not the strongest (excluding Naruto and Sasuke). As a genin, she failed almost all of her missions and struggled unbelievably in regular training. On top of that, she's not had a legit master. She's trained under Kurenai (who's a genjutsu type, so there's only so much Hinata can learn from her) and Neji (who is great, but not Sanin status like Naruto and Sasuke have learned from). She's not a jinchuuriki so no massive, powerful chakra, etc.


Hinata is upper jonin level, but unless some secrets of the Byakugan are unveiled, she, like the 98% of the Shinobi Alliance, can't really help. I mean, Hinata can't even do Rotation to my knowledge, outside of the filler arcs. I don't see Hinata being put to use combat-wise. She's got Air Palm and 64 Palms, which alone puts her among the Leaf's top shinobi with her Gentle Fist, but against the Juubi and Madara, everyone is useless aside from Sage jutsu, and we only have Naruto, Hashirama, Kabuto, and Jiraiya sages. So it's not necessarily just Hinata's problem, as the majority of people in the vicinity are getting eviscerated.


Here's to hoping the Byakugan has some big powerups in the future, akin to Sharingan's Amaterasu and what not, but as has been stated, combat and training don't come naturally to Hinata. She'll have to put in SERIOUS time and in the middle of a war, I don't see it happening. Hopefully it'll come in the next arc or one after that.
avatar
Rasengan671


Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Batokusanagi on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Rasengan671 wrote:I don't know about this. Not to be a downer, but Hinata was never very talented as a shinobi, even to where Hanabi, who was a child, would stomp Hinata out in fights.
That's not true. She was lacking confidence, not talent.
As for Hanabi "stomping" her in fights, I'm pretty sure that never happened in canon.
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Rasengan671 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Batokusanagi wrote:
Rasengan671 wrote:I don't know about this. Not to be a downer, but Hinata was never very talented as a shinobi, even to where Hanabi, who was a child, would stomp Hinata out in fights.
That's not true. She was lacking confidence, not talent.
As for Hanabi "stomping" her in fights, I'm pretty sure that never happened in canon.
I'm afraid it did. Why do you think Hiashi disowned Hinata and made Hanabi the heir to the Hyuga clan? Why do you think Neji talked so much smack during their fight? Why did Kiba tell her to give up in Chunin prelimanries because she coudln't hack it? Because Hinata wasn't a good shinobi, she just didn't have the nature or skillset. But when she committed to her training in the timeskip with Neji, she got much better.

Huge Hinata fan, but it's very true. Hanabi was always Hinata's superior, hence her losing heiress status. Phone is acting up so I can't paste the images, but there's a link to Chapter 78 and quote from Hiashi, "Hyuga doesn't need her, a loser below in abilities to this 5 year younger-- Hanabi Hyuga"


http://www.manga2u.me/Naruto/78/10/
avatar
Rasengan671


Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by JulaShona on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 am

Rasengan671 wrote:I don't know about this. Not to be a downer, but Hinata was never very talented as a shinobi, even to where Hanabi, who was a child, would stomp Hinata out in fights. Neji was the pride of the Hyuga, not Hinata. But that's not to say she isn't strong, because I believe she is. I'd wager she's one of the strongest of the K11, if not the strongest (excluding Naruto and Sasuke). As a genin, she failed almost all of her missions and struggled unbelievably in regular training. On top of that, she's not had a legit master. She's trained under Kurenai (who's a genjutsu type, so there's only so much Hinata can learn from her) and Neji (who is great, but not Sanin status like Naruto and Sasuke have learned from). She's not a jinchuuriki so no massive, powerful chakra, etc.


Hinata is upper jonin level, but unless some secrets of the Byakugan are unveiled, she, like the 98% of the Shinobi Alliance, can't really help. I mean, Hinata can't even do Rotation to my knowledge, outside of the filler arcs. I don't see Hinata being put to use combat-wise. She's got Air Palm and 64 Palms, which alone puts her among the Leaf's top shinobi with her Gentle Fist, but against the Juubi and Madara, everyone is useless aside from Sage jutsu, and we only have Naruto, Hashirama, Kabuto, and Jiraiya sages. So it's not necessarily just Hinata's problem, as the majority of people in the vicinity are getting eviscerated.  
.
That's our problem. We don't know anything about Hinata's abilities and what she is capable of. It's always shown the same and no real big power up like for all the other side characters in chapter 633. Hinata only could finally do the 64 palms but that isn't that much like her other comrades had. There wasn't anything new from her. Why is Kishimoto doing that and just gives us the same or why didn't he presented her new ability at the Pain arc nor at the war, yet? There has to be a reason for Hinata to not being shown what she is able to. Either Kishi-sama planes something big for her or her Twin Lion fists are going to be finally presented and determined as useful.
avatar
JulaShona


Posts : 236
Gender : Female
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by IIRUNEII on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:51 am

Dianahinkle wrote:I agree 1000% maybe the Hyuga also have some secret tablets that detail how to create and seal tailed beasts? Maybe the Hyuga have the power to change reality just like the sage and his mother? Why do I think this? The eight Trigrams.
ummm...
The Uzamaki Clan can do the eight trigrams 'seal"

think this has anything to do with this?

Ithink hinata will bloom fully soon.
avatar
IIRUNEII


Posts : 239
Gender : Male
Location : In the Kingdom of The Black Order

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Rasengan671 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 am

JulaShona wrote:
Rasengan671 wrote:I don't know about this. Not to be a downer, but Hinata was never very talented as a shinobi, even to where Hanabi, who was a child, would stomp Hinata out in fights. Neji was the pride of the Hyuga, not Hinata. But that's not to say she isn't strong, because I believe she is. I'd wager she's one of the strongest of the K11, if not the strongest (excluding Naruto and Sasuke). As a genin, she failed almost all of her missions and struggled unbelievably in regular training. On top of that, she's not had a legit master. She's trained under Kurenai (who's a genjutsu type, so there's only so much Hinata can learn from her) and Neji (who is great, but not Sanin status like Naruto and Sasuke have learned from). She's not a jinchuuriki so no massive, powerful chakra, etc.


Hinata is upper jonin level, but unless some secrets of the Byakugan are unveiled, she, like the 98% of the Shinobi Alliance, can't really help. I mean, Hinata can't even do Rotation to my knowledge, outside of the filler arcs. I don't see Hinata being put to use combat-wise. She's got Air Palm and 64 Palms, which alone puts her among the Leaf's top shinobi with her Gentle Fist, but against the Juubi and Madara, everyone is useless aside from Sage jutsu, and we only have Naruto, Hashirama, Kabuto, and Jiraiya sages. So it's not necessarily just Hinata's problem, as the majority of people in the vicinity are getting eviscerated.  
.
That's our problem. We don't know anything about Hinata's abilities and what she is capable of. It's always shown the same and no real big power up like for all the other side characters in chapter 633. Hinata only could finally do the 64 palms but that isn't that much like her other comrades had. There wasn't anything new from her. Why is Kishimoto doing that and just gives us the same or why didn't he presented her new ability at the Pain arc nor at the war, yet? There has to be a reason for Hinata to not being shown what she is able to. Either Kishi-sama planes something big for her or her Twin Lion fists are going to be finally presented and determined as useful.

Granted, but at the moment, Hinata, as well as everyone else, is useless. Only Senjutsu can affect Obito and the Juubi. And from here on out, it's gonna be Sasuke and Naruto tag teaming them with the Edo Kages. The K11 aren't on par with the Kage (obviously) so we won't be seeing anything to do with them for a long time, more than likely.

Also, we know completely what Hinata is capable of. We know she's a master of Gentle Fist, just recently mastered 64 Palms, as well Vacuum Palm. Those were her upgrades, plus the Empty Fist attack with Kurama's chakra. It's also worth noting that she has yet to grasp Heavenly Rotation. Logically, that would be her next step, or adding Lion Fists into the 64 Palms or maybe something like Byakugan level 2, which gives her some additional techniques. But Hinata doesn't have the prowess, stamina, chakra reserves, or body to handle something like Sage Mode or Yin Seal or anything that would grant her actual ways to hurt Obito or the God Tree.

And, as earlier stated, the next chapters will be primarily about Naruto and Sasuke attacking and hurting the God Tree, Naruto becoming the second coming of the Sage of Six Paths, Madara will be attempting to steal Hashi's Sage style, his turn against Obito as he said, etc. Things that are relevant to the current plot. Unless my personal theory about the Hyuga being related to the Sage's son is correct, and the Hyuga have their own way to injure the tree, she'll be with the rest of the K11 and Shinobi Alliance cheering from the sidelines.
avatar
Rasengan671


Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by lily567 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:38 am

Rasengan671 wrote:
JulaShona wrote:
Rasengan671 wrote:I don't know about this. Not to be a downer, but Hinata was never very talented as a shinobi, even to where Hanabi, who was a child, would stomp Hinata out in fights. Neji was the pride of the Hyuga, not Hinata. But that's not to say she isn't strong, because I believe she is. I'd wager she's one of the strongest of the K11, if not the strongest (excluding Naruto and Sasuke). As a genin, she failed almost all of her missions and struggled unbelievably in regular training. On top of that, she's not had a legit master. She's trained under Kurenai (who's a genjutsu type, so there's only so much Hinata can learn from her) and Neji (who is great, but not Sanin status like Naruto and Sasuke have learned from). She's not a jinchuuriki so no massive, powerful chakra, etc.


Hinata is upper jonin level, but unless some secrets of the Byakugan are unveiled, she, like the 98% of the Shinobi Alliance, can't really help. I mean, Hinata can't even do Rotation to my knowledge, outside of the filler arcs. I don't see Hinata being put to use combat-wise. She's got Air Palm and 64 Palms, which alone puts her among the Leaf's top shinobi with her Gentle Fist, but against the Juubi and Madara, everyone is useless aside from Sage jutsu, and we only have Naruto, Hashirama, Kabuto, and Jiraiya sages. So it's not necessarily just Hinata's problem, as the majority of people in the vicinity are getting eviscerated.  
.
That's our problem. We don't know anything about Hinata's abilities and what she is capable of. It's always shown the same and no real big power up like for all the other side characters in chapter 633. Hinata only could finally do the 64 palms but that isn't that much like her other comrades had. There wasn't anything new from her. Why is Kishimoto doing that and just gives us the same or why didn't he presented her new ability at the Pain arc nor at the war, yet? There has to be a reason for Hinata to not being shown what she is able to. Either Kishi-sama planes something big for her or her Twin Lion fists are going to be finally presented and determined as useful.
Granted, but at the moment, Hinata, as well as everyone else, is useless. Only Senjutsu can affect Obito and the Juubi. And from here on out, it's gonna be Sasuke and Naruto tag teaming them with the Edo Kages. The K11 aren't on par with the Kage (obviously) so we won't be seeing anything to do with them for a long time, more than likely.

Also, we know completely what Hinata is capable of. We know she's a master of Gentle Fist, just recently mastered 64 Palms, as well Vacuum Palm. Those were her upgrades, plus the Empty Fist attack with Kurama's chakra. It's also worth noting that she has yet to grasp Heavenly Rotation. Logically, that would be her next step, or adding Lion Fists into the 64 Palms or maybe something like Byakugan level 2, which gives her some additional techniques. But Hinata doesn't have the prowess, stamina, chakra reserves, or body to handle something like Sage Mode or Yin Seal or anything that would grant her actual ways to hurt Obito or the God Tree.

And, as earlier stated, the next chapters will be primarily about Naruto and Sasuke attacking and hurting the God Tree, Naruto becoming the second coming of the Sage of Six Paths, Madara will be attempting to steal Hashi's Sage style, his turn against Obito as he said, etc. Things that are relevant to the current plot. Unless my personal theory about the Hyuga being related to the Sage's son is correct, and the Hyuga have their own way to injure the tree, she'll be with the rest of the K11 and Shinobi Alliance cheering from the sidelines.
well I guess we are gonna have to wait and see

_________________


avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Batokusanagi on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Rasengan671 wrote:I'm afraid it did. Why do you think Hiashi disowned Hinata and made Hanabi the heir to the Hyuga clan? Why do you think Neji talked so much smack during their fight? Why did Kiba tell her to give up in Chunin prelimanries because she coudln't hack it? Because Hinata wasn't a good shinobi, she just didn't have the nature or skillset. But when she committed to her training in the timeskip with Neji, she got much better.

Huge Hinata fan, but it's very true. Hanabi was always Hinata's superior, hence her losing heiress status. Phone is acting up so I can't paste the images, but there's a link to Chapter 78 and quote from Hiashi, "Hyuga doesn't need her, a loser below in abilities to this 5 year younger-- Hanabi Hyuga"

http://www.manga2u.me/Naruto/78/10/
Show me the panel then because I haven't seen it in canon. That stomping her in fights thing just didn't happen in canon.
What actually is in canon is this:
She lacked confidence and had inferiority complex
Spoiler:

Her skillset:
I think this pic says it all:
Spoiler:
Very few genin could've engaged Neji in cqc like that.

Shino material when she actually tries:
Spoiler:
I don't Hanabi's level, but the Hinata that Hiashi disinterestedly left in Kurenai's care just wasn't doing her best at all. As Kurenai points out, she trained a lot, but when it really came down to putting that to practice, she'd failed and lost confidence. The skill was there, the determination was there, but she needed to overcome her lack of confidence and inferiority complex. And when she did, well, just at look at those eyes:
Spoiler:

To answer your questions:
Why Hiashi disowned her? No actual evidence that he really did (or that she still is, if Hiashi indeed disowned her), but why did start training Hanabi instead of her? Like I said, she lacked confidence.
Why do you think Neji talked so much smack during their fight? 'Cause he hates the main branch.
Why did Kiba tell her to give up in Chunin prelimanries because she coudln't hack it? 'Cause she was going to fight the genius of the Hyuuga clan and, back then, the strongest genin. Before using the Kyubi chakra, not even Naruto himself could do anything against him[/quote]
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Rasengan671 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Batokusanagi wrote:
Rasengan671 wrote:I'm afraid it did. Why do you think Hiashi disowned Hinata and made Hanabi the heir to the Hyuga clan? Why do you think Neji talked so much smack during their fight? Why did Kiba tell her to give up in Chunin prelimanries because she coudln't hack it? Because Hinata wasn't a good shinobi, she just didn't have the nature or skillset. But when she committed to her training in the timeskip with Neji, she got much better.

Huge Hinata fan, but it's very true. Hanabi was always Hinata's superior, hence her losing heiress status. Phone is acting up so I can't paste the images, but there's a link to Chapter 78 and quote from Hiashi, "Hyuga doesn't need her, a loser below in abilities to this 5 year younger-- Hanabi Hyuga"

http://www.manga2u.me/Naruto/78/10/
Show me the panel then because I haven't seen it in canon. That stomping her in fights thing just didn't happen in canon.
What actually is in canon is this:
She lacked confidence and had inferiority complex
Spoiler:

Her skillset:
I think this pic says it all:
Spoiler:
Very few genin could've engaged Neji in cqc like that.

Shino material when she actually tries:
Spoiler:
I don't Hanabi's level, but the Hinata that Hiashi disinterestedly left in Kurenai's care just wasn't doing her best at all. As Kurenai points out, she trained a lot, but when it really came down to putting that to practice, she'd failed and lost confidence. The skill was there, the determination was there, but she needed to overcome her lack of confidence and inferiority complex. And when she did, well, just at look at those eyes:
Spoiler:

To answer your questions:
Why Hiashi disowned her? No actual evidence that he really did (or that she still is, if Hiashi indeed disowned her), but why did start training Hanabi instead of her? Like I said, she lacked confidence.
Why do you think Neji talked so much smack during their fight? 'Cause he hates the main branch.
Why did Kiba tell her to give up in Chunin prelimanries because she coudln't hack it? 'Cause she was going to fight the genius of the Hyuuga clan and, back then, the strongest genin. Before using the Kyubi chakra, not even Naruto himself could do anything against him
[/quote]I can't copy the panel because my phone is acting up with picture pixelating, at the moment and it causes a crash, and Hinata would have lost to every genin in the Chunin Exams besides Sakura/Ino and maybe the Sound girl, Kin. Kiba only warned her about Gaara and Neji because of how Akamaru reacted to Gaara's power and his murder of the other ninja, and because Neji is cruel and top genin at the time besides Gaara. At any rate, it's in Chapter 78, with the link I provided in my last post, as well as her father's quote where he called a loser unworthy of the Hyuga name.

And Neji said her strikes were ineffective from the start. He was toying with her the entire match. I don't know how you can miss such crucial points of Hinata character, really. Her whole struggle of Part 1 is trying to win her father's, Neji's and Naruto's acceptance. Hinata lost her heiress status, called a loser and disowned by her father for her poor shinobi skills. Chapter 78. It's there, like it or not.




Edit: Switched to my PC. In the scans you posted, Hinata was getting dominated with minimal effort. Neji was toying with her, at no point was she hanging with Neji. He didn't even use his strongest attacks on her, and he still fodderized her. No 64 Palms, no Rotation, etc. I'm sorry, but this is beyond debating. She was wrecked by a trolling Neji whole heartedly and nearly died. At no point was she a challenge to him. Hanabi was her superior despite their big age difference (Hinata was 13, Hanabi was 8) to the point she was a "a piece of crap".
avatar
Rasengan671


Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Batokusanagi on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm

With the crazy people that were participating at the Chuunin exams, I'm not surprised if she couldn't beat most of them, but that's not my point. Naruto himself would've been outclassed by some of them (even against Kiba he got lucky).
I'm talking about her skill and fighting ability.  I posted those pages of her fight with Neji to prove:
1-That her skillset wasn't "lacking".
2-That she has what is needed to be a shinobi (guts, guts and more guts).
3-She was lacking confidence, NOT skill. You point out her struggles, well, Kurenai  points out, as I said before, that she indeed trained a lot, but failed on missions and lost confidence.
4-That Hiashi didn't actually knew Hinata's strenght because she didn't actually show it, because of, again, her lack of confidence, so his "a loser below in ability to this 5-year younger Hanabi" statement, is basically invalid. She surprised everyone (included the person who actually bothered with her training) with her performance against Neji.
Still waiting on those "Hanabi stomped her in fights" panels, btw...

Not, I repeat NOT, to prove that she could've beaten Neji or that she had a chance, but that no way in hell she's weak and lacking the qualities to be a shinobi when she can go cqc against the the strongest genin at the time almost hit him (that "ugh" is from Neji, btw), and, only for a short time, but had control and got up from several lethal blows.

avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by JulaShona on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Rasengan671 wrote:
Granted, but at the moment, Hinata, as well as everyone else, is useless. Only Senjutsu can affect Obito and the Juubi. And from here on out, it's gonna be Sasuke and Naruto tag teaming them with the Edo Kages. The K11 aren't on par with the Kage (obviously) so we won't be seeing anything to do with them for a long time, more than likely.

Also, we know completely what Hinata is capable of. We know she's a master of Gentle Fist, just recently mastered 64 Palms, as well Vacuum Palm. Those were her upgrades, plus the Empty Fist attack with Kurama's chakra. It's also worth noting that she has yet to grasp Heavenly Rotation. Logically, that would be her next step, or adding Lion Fists into the 64 Palms or maybe something like Byakugan level 2, which gives her some additional techniques. But Hinata doesn't have the prowess, stamina, chakra reserves, or body to handle something like Sage Mode or Yin Seal or anything that would grant her actual ways to hurt Obito or the God Tree.

And, as earlier stated, the next chapters will be primarily about Naruto and Sasuke attacking and hurting the God Tree, Naruto becoming the second coming of the Sage of Six Paths, Madara will be attempting to steal Hashi's Sage style, his turn against Obito as he said, etc. Things that are relevant to the current plot. Unless my personal theory about the Hyuga being related to the Sage's son is correct, and the Hyuga have their own way to injure the tree, she'll be with the rest of the K11 and Shinobi Alliance cheering from the sidelines.
Nobody said that she is able to perform any sage jutsus or something like that. Well, I'm sure that I didn't. What I was talking about is that Kishi-sama holds her for something special back by only showing the same or just not much from her. But why should Kishi-sama hold her back by performing her combo, if he intends to let her fail later and just presents more that she is as usless as the rest of the alliance? Just the same what happened with Sai when he tried to participate with Team 7 and failed really bad. I wouldn't like that with Hinata at all. 

Hinata can do 64 palms, we know that now. And air palm of course, too. We know what these Jutsus can do. At this rate these jutsus are usless for her, yes. But what does the twin lions fists do? It was never shown and that's why we don't know if this jutsu is just like her other ones, or something completely different that might affect something. We don't know what happened with the baby Jûbi who was scared of her and was shivering.
The reveal of this Jutsu might give Hinata a much bigger power up than the final reach of 64 palms, which we already knew that it existed. This power up was good for her, but it still wasn't something new, like with the others. All the other ones had some cool new Jutsus we never saw, but Hinata finally reached the 64 palms and combinated with the Jutsu we already met in the pain arc. Why is that so? Maybe because there is more behind the Hyûgas or Hinata?
avatar
JulaShona


Posts : 236
Gender : Female
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: kishi holding back hinata

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum