Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Harry Potter Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harry Potter Series

Post by Bubbles on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Harry Potter ϟ

Harry Potter was my childhood. I got into it when I was ten years old, (ironically, just before my 11th birthday came around). What a wonderful gift! <3 I didn't see any other topics of it, so I decided to make one! If you're a fan of Harry Potter, you should talk about it here, I'd love to know if there are any Potterheads like me around here as well.

NOW WATCH THIS VID AND LOVE HARRY POTTER.

Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Potter Series

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:57 am

I didn't mind Harry Potter though I don't remember it much. I only read it due to getting a free copy of Book 5 when I worked for Scholastic at the time it was released (all of us did at the NYC office I worked at the time). I had ignored Harry Potter until then. I liked the story enough to get interested. I read the prior 4 books afterwards (but not in order) before the release of Book 6. I actually only own books 2 & 5 though I've read all 7.

One of these days I'll probably buy the books that I'm missing so that I can re-read the series to remind myself of things outside of book 5 (which is the book I remember the most) and have more things to use to point out why McGongall owns everyone.

I don't watch movies (you've got to do a lot to get me to watch a movie nowadays) so I've never watched the movies.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Omg someone actually responded to this thread! O:
Well, while the movies are worth a watch, they aren't as good as the books. And yes, McGonagall owns, she's just amazing I love her. <333

I do hope you get around to reading them all someday!
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:17 pm

I watched the movies but never bothered to read Harry potter.
The author is wonderful.
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm

azuula wrote:I watched the movies but never bothered to read Harry potter.
The author is wonderful.
You've never read them? Even now you mean? :o
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Bubbles wrote:Omg someone actually responded to this thread! O:
Well, while the movies are worth a watch, they aren't as good as the books. And yes, McGonagall owns, she's just amazing I love her. <333

Oh, I've read them all, I just don't own them all. The fact that I don't own them means that I've only read most of them once or twice and don't recall a lot of specific details. I still remember my impressions of certain things though I couldn't "debate" over them with anywhere near the same level of detail of some series.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
Bubbles wrote:Omg someone actually responded to this thread! O:

Oh, I've read them all, I just don't own them all. The fact that I don't own them means that I've only read most of them once or twice and don't recall a lot of specific details. I still remember my impressions of certain things though I couldn't "debate" over them with anywhere near the same level of detail of some series.
Ohhh okay. Yeah I'd need to brush up on some stuff nowadays, but I was a pretty good debater beforehand. Heh, I still think I could do it now though, I'd just need my trusty Potternerd glasses. XD
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by chloboshoka on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:54 pm

It's a truly wonderful series and it gives me so much satisfaction. I've read the books and the movies and I think they're both great. I love Alan Rickman's interpretation of Snape. I love how Snape started as Harry's least favourite teacher to the bravest man he ever know. I loved Richard Harris' dumbledore more than the newer one as I felt he was more iconic. A shame he passed away.
chloboshoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum