Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

If Naruto wasn't around, where would Hinata be?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If Naruto wasn't around, where would Hinata be?

Post by racefan1992 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:45 am

I ask myself that question alot.

I think all of us know how much of a impact Naruto has had on Hinata. Being who Naruto is (for better or worse) he helped her change through words and actions. Hinata is now a strong, capable, intelligent, tough, caring young women with a heart of gold but with a inner fire that few can match.

But where would she be if Naruto wasn't around?

Well concidering what kind emotional turmoil she was in (Neji berating her) and how sensitive she was back in part 1 (can go back further then that), i say she isn't a ninja, at all. Her father proably would have broken her at some point and she would never recover form it. She'd proably would walk away from the ninja life style and be somewhere in the village living out her life peacefully.

But thankfully Naruto was around, so Hinata is the strong, capable, intelligent, tough, caring young women that was all know and love
Spoiler:
Engage epic fanboy mode                      

So, what do you think?

Note: I hope this is in the right part of the forum, if not please move it. concidering it does involve both Naruto and Hinata
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Re: If Naruto wasn't around, where would Hinata be?

Post by GreatKungLao on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:51 am

Hinata would just continue crying and giving up and eventually would went the wrong way...
Spoiler:
... which would probably lead her to the life of eternal looser =(
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:55 am

She'll probably would be branded with the caged bird seal.

Her father might take her out of the ninja program, and send her to the branch family.
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 am

NaruHina <3 wrote:She'll probably would be branded with the caged bird seal.

Her father might take her out of the ninja program, and send her to the branch family.
I can imagine something like the too. Maybe she would have live like an outcast of a Hyuuga clan but still, I don't know if something like that would be allowed according to the clan's tradition.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 am

NaruHina <3 wrote:She'll probably would be branded with the caged bird seal.

The bird seal i could see happening but i feel Hinata would just walk away on her own. But not until after her father broke her down so badly, she'd never be the same. I don't think she'd be in the branch family, she'd be a servent of the main house somehow while living somewhere else in the village.

Spoiler:
Thank god this never happened, i'm depressing myself.  
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:17 am

She would have went down the wrong path..
I see her probably still being a ninja but she wouldn't be a very good one, and still struggling to get acknolwedgement from her father.
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:19 pm

True!
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:39 pm

It's strange to even think about since Naruto has had such a huge impact on Hinata's life.

I don't think Hinata would have gotten the bird cage seal since (even though her position as heiress is questionable) she is still the first born of the head of the main house and that comes with a set or privileges. I always had a headcanon that either Hanabi's superior ability to her older sister saved her from the caged bird seal or her being born a girl meant she was never going to get one (in some Japanese clans only males are allowed to start cadet families).

Without anyone to relate to her desire for acknowledgement and no real positive examples in her life, she probably would have gone down the wrong path. It would result in her being a lackluster ninja who gave up easily and had no confidence in her own abilities. At worst she may have quit being a ninja to become a civilian. At best she may have found something else to believe in that could help her find the inner resolve to push herself forward--though it still probably wouldn't have been as impactful as Naruto was. After all, the desire to improve has always been her own. Naruto and his ability to pick himself up and improve despite his past failures showed her and proved to her that it could be done. She would always have that desire to improve but would lack faith that it could be done (partly due because of her father's and Neji's belittling of her).

Spoiler:

racefan1992 wrote:
But thankfully Naruto was around, so Hinata is the strong, capable, intelligent, tough, caring young women that was all know and love
Something about this is making my inner feminist cry  
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Spoiler:
^

Did upset you with what i said? If i did i'm sorry.  

I can understand why you guys think she would continue being a ninja (if Naruto wasn't around) but we all have limits. I could never seeing her continue to beat herself up on going down the ninja path when nothing game of it (especially since her father and Neji was consently belittle her.) Even Hinata would get sick and tired of it.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:09 pm

She'd kill herself because het family would push her to do so.
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:02 pm

^well damn that escalated quickly lol

Sure Hiashi is cold enough to disown Hinata and cast her to the side, but I don't think he'd actively encourage her to kill herself. Nor do I think Hinata's spirit would be broken so low from the emotional abuse that she'd commit suicide. Sure she probably would feel miserable, weak, insecure and unfulfilled, but I don't think Hinata would be that emotionally/mentally weak without Naruto in her life. Not to the point where she'd take her own life. After all, she still has Kurenai, Shino and Kiba in her life, and they support and care for her.

And I find the idea of 'good thing her man was around, now Hinata is strong, capable, intelligent, tough, caring', troublesome as well, as it makes Hinata look like a one-dimensional character who needs Naruto as a crutch. Being intelligent and caring was always part of Hinata's character, with or without Naruto. Even if she herself didn't acknowledge it.
I feel like Hinata always had that inner strength deep down buried beneath her insecurities. Knowing Naruto and following his example helped her tap into it. Without Naruto, she might not have had the faith that self-improvement was even possible (especially around Neji's 'you're born a loser you die a loser' attitude). Worst case of scenario she would have given up on being a ninja to become a civilian, fully giving the title of heiress to Hanabi. That is unless she found some one else (like maybe Gai or Lee) who had a strong belief in hard work, guts and self-improvement to relate to and to help her push herself along. She originally admired Naruto so much because of how he inspired her. If she were able to find inspiration somewhere else she'd be able to continue on. Of course that still wouldn't have had the same huge impact on Hinata that Naruto did.
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:23 pm

It's silly to say she would turn out to be some loser or failure without Naruto, to me that seems debasing to her character.

She would have found another inspiration to drive her commitment to better herself.

Naruto only supplied the example, Hinata supplied the will and courage to do what she did.

So yeah, she'd be fine, different, but fine.
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm

engetsu wrote:She would have found another inspiration to drive her commitment to better herself.
If there was so, she would have noticed, but it was exactly Naruto. There is no second Naruto and there is no such person to replace him for Hinata.

But that's just my point of view. I was always seen Naruto and Hinata as the two parts of a whole and if you took one from another, the second will be destoyed as well. When you separate Naruto and Hinata it's like pull the pin out of a grenade, where one is a pin and other is a grenade.
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:55 pm

engetsu wrote:It's silly to say she would turn out to be some loser or failure without Naruto, to me that seems debasing to her character.

She would have found another inspiration to drive her commitment to better herself.

Naruto only supplied the example, Hinata supplied the will and courage to do what she did.

This. Sure she wouldn't be the same, but she'd be alright. Kinda surprised by the pessimism in thread pessimism is my thing, k

You guys are basically saying, without her man in her life, she wouldn't have amounted to shit. =/
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Aelita wrote:
engetsu wrote:It's silly to say she would turn out to be some loser or failure without Naruto, to me that seems debasing to her character.

This. Sure she wouldn't be the same, but she'd be alright. Kinda surprised by the pessimism in thread pessimism is my thing, k

You guys are basically saying, without her man in her life, she wouldn't have amounted to shit. =/
She wouldn't be that great as she is right now without Naruto, that's what I personally think.

She would be fine without him doesn't mean, that it will be good. It will be hard for her to survive without someone to relate to. She would sink in the subject, that was one of the main themes in the manga - loneliness.
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:09 pm

GreatKungLao wrote:
Aelita wrote:

She wouldn't be that great as she is right now without Naruto, that's what I personally think.

She would be fine without him doesn't mean, that it will be good. It will be hard for her to survive without someone to relate to. She would sink in the subject, that was one of the main themes of Naruto - loneliness.
I agree more with GreatKungLao

Hinata had the honesty to say to Naruto during her confession that she was taking the wrong path and that his smile saved her. That does not mean that she would have died without Naruto. But she would have closed herself and would not have dared a lot of things. If Naruto were not around, would Hinata have got the Nindo which became a principle in her life? I don't think so.

Hinata would have been a place where grey clouds constantly stop the sun to shine and not a "sunny place".
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:47 am

Aelita wrote:

I"m not saying that at all. She'd be different but not a ninja. She'd leave a peaceful life style but not the ninja life style. Wasn't her orginal concept not to be a ninja? That is along the lines i'm thinking, non-combat person living life the best way she can.

I don't mean to debase her character in anyway.

Spoiler:
Great, now i feel like i've done something wrong.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Where would Naruto be now if not for Iruka-sensei?
He'd probably have also gone the wrong way. Even worse than just giving up on being a ninja. Might have even gone rouge, stolen the forbidden scroll, went nine-tails or something. Remember, Naruto hated the villagers and they hated him, even to the point where they were itching to take him out because he'd stolen the scroll and was most likely going to go rouge or nine-tails on them. Iruka is who took a bullet for him per se and told him about how similar they were. Hinata learned the similarity between Naruto and her, and that helped inspire her. It was the similarity between Iruka and Naruto that helped Iruka empathize with Naruto as well.

Spoiler:

And wasn't this what Hinata did when Naruto was down? Told him how he changed her, and how it was him who helped push her forward? Naruto speaks all the time about those who helped him, but Iruka was the start.

Spoiler:

Just like Naruto was the start for Hinata. Neji was the Mizuki of the situation.

("You'll never change. You'll always be a loser."--Neji, Chuunin Exam)
(He's the demon fox, he'll never change his heart. He's evil."--Mizuki, ch. 1.)

Both Naruto and Hinata took steps to change themselves, and were berated for it, only to be lifted up by someone else. Hinata took that step by entering the exams of her own volition. If not for Naruto, Hinata might have given up and succumbed to Neji's words. Naruto took the step by following Mizuki's advice to graduate by taking the scroll to practice. Mizuki talked about how Naruto was an evil demon fox and could never be anything else, he's a moron, so on and so forth. If not for Iruka, who helped fuel Naruto's courage by stepping in and telling Mizuki he was wrong about him, where would Naruto be now? He might have succumbed to the villagers treatment of him, and Mizuki's words.

Like Iruka helped Naruto, he did the same for Hinata. He helped fuel her courage by telling Neji he was wrong about her. ("Who are you to decide others futures/what people can't and can't do!") He also connected to her story being a bit similar to his own, much like Iruka did to Naruto.

It's not bad to say either of them would be someplace completely different and perhaps not nearly as good as they are now, because of the people who helped them in the first place. Naruto may have more than one source of inspiration, but that doesn't make it any better than just having one. All Hinata needed was that one person to connect with, and it was Naruto. All Naruto technically needed to keep it pushing was that one person to acknowledge him. And Iruka did that for him.
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Jamison on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 am

This post has been eliminated by ANBU.

Last edited by Strawberry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Character bashing and flame-baiting. (ANBU: Strawberry))
Tim Jamison
On Detention
On Detention

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:31 am

^ Oh great this member is back, why does this member persist in being a pest?

If Naruto wasn't around, I don't think Hinata would have her pillar of strength, she wouldn't be as strong as she is now due the fact that Naruto's influence wouldn't be there, there was a chance of that happening in the Pein invasion arc. She wouldn't have been recognised by her clan, Hinata would most likely remain socially awkward trying to find something to succeed at, still having little to no confidence.

Hinata grew stronger not just from her own will, but due to Naruto's influence. her determination has pushed her to the point where she can confidently say that she will remain by Naruto's side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:34 am

51-mustang wrote:^ Oh great this member is back, why does this member persist in being a pest?

If Naruto wasn't around, I don't think Hinata would have her pillar of strength, she wouldn't be as strong as she is now due the fact that Naruto's influence wouldn't be there, there was a chance of that happening in the Pein invasion arc. She wouldn't have been recognised by her clan, Hinata would most likely remain socially awkward trying to find something to succeed at, still having little to no confidence.

Hinata grew stronger not just from her own will, but due to Naruto's influence. her determination has pushed her to the point where she can confidently say that she will remain by Naruto's side.
I tell you. I thought that the troller expert in Hinata's bashing was gone too... But no, he still wants to waste time by coming here.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:41 am

Tim Jamison wrote:
51-mustang wrote:^ Oh great this member is back, why does this member persist in being a pest?
why do u h8 me so much? :(
You know that this is a forum dedicated to NaruHina. So if you don't like NaruHina and Hinata, it's still ok but when you begin to bash on her character or behave without any respect, what do you expect? Do you think that you will get respect back? No! If you don't change your attitude, I don't think it will get better for you.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by JulaShona on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

Twin Steps wrote:She'd kill herself because het family would push her to do so.
I was thinking the same thing! But more in general.

Or maybe it's just because of my love for the genre horror and psycho.  

According to her real character she would be pretty weak and still the shy girl, since her influence and power-source wouldn't be there. She wouldn't have a nindo and wouldn't fight for her goals and wishes. She would still think herself as a burden.

But if she would think that she is a burden, there maybe would come a time where she doesn't want to be a burden anymore. In conclusion: If she has no luck and there would be nobody/nothing who/that would help her to get out of that desperate state, then she would comit suicide to not be a burden anymore.

The last part is just my creepy imagination.

Last edited by JulaShona on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:30 am; edited 2 times in total
JulaShona

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:37 am

You're an ANBU moderator. You should use your better judgement and act accordingly, if there are posts you dim inappropriate. You've got mod power, use it.

On topic, Hinata would've had a harder time if it wasn't for Naruto. She probably would've kept trying but giving up when she failed. Her inspiration to keep going no matter her failures came from Naruto, and I think it would be difficult for her to find such inspiration somewhere else. Not impossible, but it wouldn't be the same.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 am

I've got a question now for you guys
now try switching around the question
if hinata wasn't around, where would naruto be?

lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum