Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Minato would have made a good father

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minato would have made a good father

Post by Irielo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 pm

I just wanted to dedicate a thread to Minato. He decided to sacrifice himself and followed Kushina in the after-life although she told him to stay alive for Naruto. He was right when he told her that nothing could replace a mother in Naruto's life, but I think he would have made a good father.

The way he is now behaving towards Naruto and Sasuke looks like a father-sons' relationship.

Minato is happy and proud to see how his "sons" can combine their attacks

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/634/16

Minato cooling down things between Sasuke and Naruto

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639/11

Minato saving both of them

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/640/4

Although Minato is not Sasuke's father and would have never replaced him, I think he would have dealt with him like his own son knowing that Naruto considers him as his best friend. If Minato was still alive, he would have been a good guidance for Naruto and Sasuke as well imo. To me, Minato is a very nice person and someone who can understand a lot.
I wanted to show one of the aspect I appreciate with Minato: his capacity of being a good father. If you want to add something to it or to write about other aspects that you like or even dislike about him, then share them...

avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by engetsu on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 pm

He is a genuinely nice person, that's for sure. It shows that he cares for the boys.

BUT, and this is an important but....

He doesn't notice Sasuke intends to kill his own son. As a parent it's important to think critically and even in the heat of the moment. Even if he didn't pick on Sasuke telling Obito he's the one who will "erase the past", shoudn't Minato realize that Sasuke is an emotionally unstable internationally wanted criminal? Surely he should see that there is more to Sasuke than just wanting to help the good guys.

There is evidence of Minato's shortsightedness peppered throughout if you look. He never made accommodations for his son after his death. The only one being that he put the Kyubi's chakra in him.

And that reminds me...

Why was it made known to the villagers that he was the nine-tails jinchuriki while the fact that he was the 4th Hokage's son was a secret?

If they wanted to protect Naruto....shouldn't it have been reversed? Being a known jinchuriki makes you a prime target for outlaws and made the entire village curse his existence. While being the 4 Hokage's son would have made Naruto very popular for having been the son of a hero! And what "enemies' did Minato have that would harm naruto anyway? So far no one cares that he's the 4th son, if he has been the target of bad guys, it's been because he's a jinchuriki if anything.

So yeah that's my point of view of Minato...
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by Irielo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:21 am

@ engetsu I see what you mean... Minato is imo more the kind of person who will try to see the positive things inside someone rather than the negative. That's why I don't think he would intervene if something happens between Naruto and Sasuke (Orochimaru won't allow that anyway) but he would talk to them.

In opposition to Obito who tried to excite Sasuke's negativity, Minato would do the contrary.

I don't think he was the one who told the others to reveal that his son was the Kyuubi's jin. Regarding the fact that Naruto's father identity was kept secret for his own security, just look at Konohamaru. If I'm not wrong, Ebisu (Please correct me if I'm wrong) was a kind of bodyguard for him.

The Kages children might be used to blackmail in case of kidnapping for instance. That's only an idea though...
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by engetsu on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:49 am

Irielo wrote:@ engetsu I see what you mean... Minato is imo more the kind of person who will try to see the positive things inside someone rather than the negative. That's why I don't think he would intervene if something happens between Naruto and Sasuke (Orochimaru won't allow that anyway) but he would talk to them.

In opposition to Obito who tried to excite Sasuke's negativity, Minato would do the contrary.

I don't think he was the one who told the others to reveal that his son was the Kyuubi's jin. Regarding the fact that Naruto's father identity was kept secret for his own security, just look at Konohamaru. If I'm not wrong, Ebisu (Please correct me if I'm wrong) was a kind of bodyguard for him.

The Kages children might be used to blackmail in case of kidnapping for instance. That's only an idea though...

See this is where things are going to get interesting....I'm really looking forward to how the whole Sasuke vs. Naruto thing gets resolved in the end, and with his father around, what will he do?

He can't just sit idly by and watch Naruto get killed by Sasuke either, it's his son.

I think that's why people are tired of Obito going on about Rin over and over again, when they are more interesting storylines to be resolved such as Madara and his "trump card" and his fight with Hashirama, Sasuke's real intentions, Orochimaru's involvement in the endgame, and of course, if Naruhina will get any attention.

avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by Irielo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:59 am

That's my wish and I don't know if it would happen this way. Let's imagine Sasuke begins to fight Naruto. Minato can't do anything to protect his son because Orochimaru does not allow that.

The only thing which would remain for Minato would be words. Sasuke lacked good guidance in his life. Moreover he was not considered by his father the same way Itachi was. I just have the feeling that Minato could have been this guidance he needed.

And just the way Minato deals with the two boys shows that he is not favoring one to the detriment of the other one. Sasuke needs to be reasoned and imo, Minato could be the right one for this job.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by engetsu on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 am

Irielo wrote:That's my wish and I don't know if it would happen this way. Let's imagine Sasuke begins to fight Naruto. Minato can't do anything to protect his son because Orochimaru does not allow that.

The only thing which would remain for Minato would be words. Sasuke lacked good guidance in his life. Moreover he was not considered by his father the same way Itachi was. I just have the feeling that Minato could have been this guidance he needed.

And just the way Minato deals with the two boys shows that he is not favoring one to the detriment of the other one. Sasuke needs to be reasoned and imo, Minato could be the right one for this job.

Better yet, plot twist, Minato sees Sasuke's potential and welcomes him with open arms telling Naruto he should be ashamed of himself, saying the winner of the fight between will become his new adoptive son.

You call me crazy now, but just you wait....they called all the Obito=Tobi people crazy too!

Spoiler:
On a more serious note, do the Edo Hokage's have a time limit or something? Or does Sasuke/Orochimaru have to undo the Justsu?
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by Irielo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 am

engetsu wrote:
Spoiler:
On a more serious note, do the Edo Hokage's have a time limit or something? Or does Sasuke/Orochimaru have to undo the Justsu?

Spoiler:
Sorry my friend. That's an interesting question but I can't answer it because I'm often crap in these technical things. Have to go now...
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by GreatKungLao on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 am

engetsu wrote:Better yet, plot twist, Minato sees Sasuke's potential and welcomes him with open arms telling Naruto he should be ashamed of himself, saying the winner of the fight between will become his new adoptive son.
I would not expect anything else from a person, who LET RIN DIE, MUAHAHAHAHAH!!! lol (but seriously, where he had been during Obito's death (Kakashi had Minato's kunai with the seal) and when Rin needed to be rescued, but only Kakashi came to do so?)

As a father, for me Minato showed that he is a great parent a long time ago. The way he protected Naruto from Obito after he was born and his wife as well, when he put them to bed, while he himself went to stop Kurama and fight Obito alone - that's making him a super hero and a great father at the same time, who is making everything for his son's sake.
avatar
GreatKungLao


Posts : 889
Gender : Male
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: Minato would have made a good father

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum