Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:30 am

engetsu wrote:I mean, if you think about it more than a minute, it really just seems like something kishi forgot about honestly. Otherwise we are left with two equally stupid scenarios that don't really fit.....

Even if Hinata's mom is indeed dead, wouldn't this be a pretty devastating event to occur in someone's life, especially at Hinata's age? (especially considering she's at least 5 b/c Hanabi was born) and knowing how sensitive Hinata is as a person? It would be a huge event for her and would have been brought up. Any character that has a dead parent in Naruto is usually focused on at least for a bit, as it's something in common with Naruto himself.

And we already covered why it's makes even less sense for her to be alive and be an non existent entity in her life at this point.

Just another plot hole. Just put some signs around and avoid it is all we can do at this point.

I agree 100%. This the reason why we have all our own "crazy" interpretations regarding this issue...
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by engetsu on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:32 am



She grew up in another time. Ask you why Kushina stated (if I'm not wrong): "I'll be the first woman to become Hokage". That tells you that the whole society was still very patriarchal. Things began to change at this level when Tsunade became the Hokage. But there too, she became Hokage because Jiraiya did not want to become Hokage.


I wouldn't really say that. Women can inherit estates, (see hyuuga clan, which leads me to believe that women aren't totally cast aside, even in the hyuuga clan which comes across as naturally more conservative) which is more than what most cultures can say for themselves up to the 20 century. And the current Hokage is a woman, so it's not like it's taboo or anything. And isn't one of the other kage a women too?

There's no clear evidence to suggest Kunoichi are at a disadvantage to shinobi in Naruto, as they can hold the same ranks and give orders between genders just fine.

Again, I think the evidence points toward plothole more than anything else.

{edit] didn't see your post agreeing with me Irielo, wouldn't have bothered typing this lol
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 am

engetsu wrote:


She grew up in another time. Ask you why Kushina stated (if I'm not wrong): "I'll be the first woman to become Hokage". That tells you that the whole society was still very patriarchal. Things began to change at this level when Tsunade became the Hokage. But there too, she became Hokage because Jiraiya did not want to become Hokage.


I wouldn't really say that. Women can inherit estates, (see hyuuga clan, which leads me to believe that women aren't totally cast aside, even in the hyuuga clan which comes across as naturally more conservative) which is more than what most cultures can say for themselves up to the 20 century. And the current Hokage is a woman, so it's not like it's taboo or anything. And isn't one of the other kage a women too?

There's no clear evidence to suggest Kunoichi are at a disadvantage to shinobi in Naruto, as they can hold the same ranks and give orders between genders just fine.

Again, I think the evidence points toward plothole more than anything else.

{edit] didn't see your post agreeing with me Irielo, wouldn't have bothered typing this lol

I stated that because Kushina's words of becoming the first woman Hokage sounded strange to me. As if this title was only reserved for men...
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by racefan1992 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 am

Well one thing is for sure, Hinata has overcome all the obstacles in her path with courage and strength. She has shown the willingness to give everything she has to better herself as a ninja and as a person, including protecting the person she loves.

I'm pretty sure her mother would be very proud of her, i know i am.  


Last edited by racefan1992 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by engetsu on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 am

Irielo wrote:
engetsu wrote:


She grew up in another time. Ask you why Kushina stated (if I'm not wrong): "I'll be the first woman to become Hokage". That tells you that the whole society was still very patriarchal. Things began to change at this level when Tsunade became the Hokage. But there too, she became Hokage because Jiraiya did not want to become Hokage.


I wouldn't really say that. Women can inherit estates, (see hyuuga clan, which leads me to believe that women aren't totally cast aside, even in the hyuuga clan which comes across as naturally more conservative) which is more than what most cultures can say for themselves up to the 20 century. And the current Hokage is a woman, so it's not like it's taboo or anything. And isn't one of the other kage a women too?

There's no clear evidence to suggest Kunoichi are at a disadvantage to shinobi in Naruto, as they can hold the same ranks and give orders between genders just fine.

Again, I think the evidence points toward plothole more than anything else.

{edit] didn't see your post agreeing with me Irielo, wouldn't have bothered typing this lol

I stated that because Kushina's words of becoming the first woman Hokage sounded strange to me. As if this title was only reserved for men...

I would equate it to there being a woman who wants to be the first woman into space. While it's not as though they can't go to space, there's a certain amount of pride in knowing you were the first woman in space.
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 am

engetsu wrote:

I mean, if you think about it more than a minute, it really just seems like something kishi forgot about honestly. Otherwise we are left with two equally stupid scenarios that don't really fit.....

Even if Hinata's mom is indeed dead, wouldn't this be a pretty devastating event to occur in someone's life, especially at Hinata's age? (especially considering she's at least 5 b/c Hanabi was born) and knowing how sensitive Hinata is as a person? It would be a huge event for her and would have been brought up. Any character that has a dead parent in Naruto is usually focused on at least for a bit, as it's something in common with Naruto himself.

And we already covered why it's makes even less sense for her to be alive and be an non existent entity in her life at this point.

Just another plot hole. Just put some signs around and avoid it is all we can do at this point.

It's not exactly a plot hole, it's just an issue that hasn't been dealt with yet. So many different scenarios can play out and can be made to fit with a bit more exposition on Hinata's and the Hyuuga's past. From the glimpses we have seen from Hinata's past it is safe to assume that her Mom was absent i some way as it seems she had no one to turn to, Hiashi put Hinata into Kurenai's care and I don't think a mother would allow her child to be disowned like that unless she were callous or uncaring.

Hinata's life is full of trauma, she was a kidnapping victim as well, something we only heard about through Neji because it affected Neji when his father died as a result of it. Hinata is not the kind of person to talk about her troubles, she broods and kicks herself for being "weak". It could be good character development for her to talk about these with someone later on.

I get what you're saying, Irielo, about a woman's subservience to a man being customary in patriarchal societies, but in Japanese custom, noble women were taught to be "Yamato Nadeshiko" which does require them to be gentle, reserved and to defer to their men but it also requires them to have an inner will and strength. So, given that Hinata's mother is a total mystery, we can assume she was a "Yamato Nadeshiko" given that she was the wife of a clan-head. With this type of characterization, Hinata's mother would not outright defy Hiashi but she would provide comfort and encouragement to Hinata in subtly if she wanted to and felt it was best.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 am

engetsu wrote:
Irielo wrote:
engetsu wrote:


She grew up in another time. Ask you why Kushina stated (if I'm not wrong): "I'll be the first woman to become Hokage". That tells you that the whole society was still very patriarchal. Things began to change at this level when Tsunade became the Hokage. But there too, she became Hokage because Jiraiya did not want to become Hokage.


I wouldn't really say that. Women can inherit estates, (see hyuuga clan, which leads me to believe that women aren't totally cast aside, even in the hyuuga clan which comes across as naturally more conservative) which is more than what most cultures can say for themselves up to the 20 century. And the current Hokage is a woman, so it's not like it's taboo or anything. And isn't one of the other kage a women too?

There's no clear evidence to suggest Kunoichi are at a disadvantage to shinobi in Naruto, as they can hold the same ranks and give orders between genders just fine.

Again, I think the evidence points toward plothole more than anything else.

{edit] didn't see your post agreeing with me Irielo, wouldn't have bothered typing this lol

I stated that because Kushina's words of becoming the first woman Hokage sounded strange to me. As if this title was only reserved for men...

I would equate it to there being a woman who wants to be the first woman into space. While it's not as though they can't go to space, there's a certain amount of pride in knowing you were the first woman in space.

I see what you mean... I was just thinking if Kishi might have inspired himself from some conservative patriarchal societies when he wrote about the functioning of clans or villages etc. That would have somehow made some sense too. On one side, one could see the conservative forms and on the other side, the changes brought by the new generation...


_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:55 am

I'm unsure, did the elders of Konoha oppose the idea of Tsunade being Hokage because she was a woman? Did they oppose the idea at all? It might shed some light at what is customary if their reactions were shown on panel.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 am

SenpaiSamaSan wrote:
engetsu wrote:

I mean, if you think about it more than a minute, it really just seems like something kishi forgot about honestly. Otherwise we are left with two equally stupid scenarios that don't really fit.....

Even if Hinata's mom is indeed dead, wouldn't this be a pretty devastating event to occur in someone's life, especially at Hinata's age? (especially considering she's at least 5 b/c Hanabi was born) and knowing how sensitive Hinata is as a person? It would be a huge event for her and would have been brought up. Any character that has a dead parent in Naruto is usually focused on at least for a bit, as it's something in common with Naruto himself.

And we already covered why it's makes even less sense for her to be alive and be an non existent entity in her life at this point.

Just another plot hole. Just put some signs around and avoid it is all we can do at this point.

It's not exactly a plot hole, it's just an issue that hasn't been dealt with yet. So many different scenarios can play out and can be made to fit with a bit more exposition on Hinata's and the Hyuuga's past. From the glimpses we have seen from Hinata's past it is safe to assume that her Mom was absent i some way as it seems she had no one to turn to, Hiashi put Hinata into Kurenai's care and I don't think a mother would allow her child to be disowned like that unless she were callous or uncaring.

Hinata's life is full of trauma, she was a kidnapping victim as well, something we only heard about through Neji because it affected Neji when his father died as a result of it. Hinata is not the kind of person to talk about her troubles, she broods and kicks herself for being "weak". It could be good character development for her to talk about these with someone later on.

I get what you're saying, Irielo, about a woman's subservience to a man being customary in patriarchal societies, but in Japanese custom, noble women were taught to be "Yamato Nadeshiko" which does require them to be gentle, reserved and to defer to their men but it also requires  them to have an inner will and strength. So, given that Hinata's mother is a total mystery, we can assume she was a "Yamato Nadeshiko" given that she was the wife of a clan-head. With this type of characterization, Hinata's mother would not outright defy Hiashi but she would provide comfort and encouragement to Hinata in subtly if she wanted to and felt it was best.

Thank you SenpaiSamaSan to always bring a new perspective which makes sense.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by engetsu on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 pm



It's not exactly a plot hole, it's just an issue that hasn't been dealt with yet. So many different scenarios can play out and can be made to fit with a bit more exposition on Hinata's and the Hyuuga's past. From the glimpses we have seen from Hinata's past it is safe to assume that her Mom was absent i some way as it seems she had no one to turn to, Hiashi put Hinata into Kurenai's care and I don't think a mother would allow her child to be disowned like that unless she were callous or uncaring.

Who knows? Maybe she's on some extended vacation in Hawaii lol

I think Kishi is just going to avoid the matter altogether as the manga goes on, even if Naruhina gets confirmed. I mean, it took a forum full of NH fans months to even really realize and analyze this properly. I mean we should be ashamed lol. But kishi will probably take the path of least resistance and just move on ahead, even if, as you said, exposition could explain the inconsistencies we found.

Hinata's life is full of trauma, she was a kidnapping victim as well, something we only heard about through Neji because it affected Neji when his father died as a result of it. Hinata is not the kind of person to talk about her troubles, she broods and kicks herself for being "weak". It could be good character development for her to talk about these with someone later on.



Wasn't she 3? I wouldn't be surprised is she is even unaware of the kidnapping to this day really....the whole

Wait...hold the phone...wait a goddamn second....

If Hizashi's body was delivered in lieu of Haishi's in order to fake Hiashi's death to appease the other village. Wouldn't the other village by suspicious that suddenly "HIzashi" is in charge, it's a well known fact that the branch family cannot inherit the title of clan head..so they would know something is up...Hizashi has the cursed seal and is branch family,,,, so he could never suddenly rule the clan himself....which is what the Hyuuga are trying to pass off here...
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:11 pm

^lol true. I really doubt she'll be brought up at all.

Hinata was young when the kidnapping happened but I think she would be aware of the circumstances around her kidnapping after the fact and it is likely that those events and the effects those events had on her family have traumatized her in some way. But yeah, we need to hear it from her own mouth before we can be certain, but I think it's a safe guess that she knows.

The whole Hyuuga Affair was explained through a loophole in Kumo's wording of their demand. Kumo asked for Hiashi's "body" and since Hizashi's body is an exact copy of Hiashi's, Kumo couldn't complain when they received it.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Zumeii-san on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Hinata's mom is certainly a question mark within the Naruto verse. There is no way for us to really know what the deal is with Hinata's mom but we do know that some how she is probably alive. I believe she is because Kishi does care about Hinata's background story and honestly guys, I feel like we see more of Hinata's story than any other sub character's story. We know Hinata's woes, fears and hopes. If her mother was dead, it would be a part of the story line. I agree with things @Aelita and @engetsu have claimed. Her mother is a shadow in the background but somehow there. I do feel that Hinata's mother should've had some more positive impact on her given that I do not understand how Hiashi could be so cruel to Hinata. I wish that when the war ends, Hinata is greeted happily by family at the gate (and Naruto is with her). While her father comes out and stands in front of her, they are quiet for a moment and he says, "You've done well daughter, you are a strong Hyuga leader indeed." And Hinata responds with her hand clasped to her chest, "I..I just wish you could've told me that a long time ago, I just wish you would've believed in me when I needed it the most. I had to grasp inspiration from others...especially Naruto. *pauses* *her eyes closed* I am strong...I always was..." Ha! Hiashi that jerkwad.   And hopefully we see Mrs. Hyuga come out right when it seems like everything is getting awkward....and faces her daughter with love.

If you see my sig, I chose it because it reminds me a lot of Hinata <3
avatar
Zumeii-san


Posts : 76
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the USA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:28 pm

@ Zumeii-san
I don't know about Hinata's mom being alive. There has been no evidence either way, but I think that Hinata's mom has been absent and that that absence is because of death.

If Hinata's mom were alive then she did not support Hinata when she was struggling with her confidence issues, Hinata's demeanor points to her not having any sort of comfort or support until Naruto and Team 8. This is Hinata's entire character arc, her self-confidence, so we should have at least seen her around in one panel to show how alone (or not) Hinata was. Instead we got Hanabi, who had only one appearance and that was when she accompanied her Father to the Chuunin Final Exam. We should have seen her mom there at least, even if she didn't get dialogue, but no, Kishi felt it was important that we know Hinata had a sister rather than a mother.

We know what we know of Hinata from secondhand sources (Neji, Kurenai) and they do not speak about Hinata's mom and we don't see Hiashi have a wife on-panel during those flashbacks either, which makes sense if she were dead. The death of Hinata's mom, if it is brought up, should only be brought up by Hinata, because she is the most important Hyuuga in the story, or Hiashi, who was married to her.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Zumeii-san on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:35 pm

SenpaiSamaSan wrote:@ Zumeii-san
I don't know about Hinata's mom being alive. There has been no evidence either way, but I think that Hinata's mom has been absent and that that absence is because of death.

If Hinata's mom were alive then she did not support Hinata when she was struggling with her confidence issues, Hinata's demeanor points to her not having any sort of comfort or support until Naruto and Team 8. This is Hinata's entire character arc, her self-confidence, so we should have at least seen her around in one panel to show how alone (or not) Hinata was. Instead we got Hanabi, who had only one appearance and that was when she accompanied her Father to the Chuunin Final Exam. We should have seen her mom there at least, even if she didn't get dialogue, but  no, Kishi felt it was important that we know Hinata had a sister rather than a mother.

We know what we know of Hinata from secondhand sources (Neji, Kurenai) and they do not speak about Hinata's mom and we don't see Hiashi have a wife on-panel during those flashbacks either, which makes sense if she were dead. The death of Hinata's mom, if it is brought up, should only be brought up by Hinata, because she is  the most important Hyuuga in the story, or Hiashi, who was married to her.

I in all honesty I do not think Kishi would've left something as traumatic as a death of a mother out of the manga, given that he has shown us other elements of Hinata's life that have had a lasting impact on her. Would not a death of her mother be mentioned as one of Hinata's many struggles? I just don't believe something like that would be a whisper in the wind. Yes evidence is lacking but that in my opinion does not seem right that she is dead. Just my opinion but I do believe it is possible that she could have been a scared, neglectful, unsure woman that didn't much support her daughter but for now Mrs. Hyuga is merely a shadow drowned in the background. We know it is a part of the equation somehow.
avatar
Zumeii-san


Posts : 76
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the USA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Aelita on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:44 pm

SenpaiSamaSan wrote:
It's not exactly a plot hole, it's just an issue that hasn't been dealt with yet. So many different scenarios can play out and can be made to fit with a bit more exposition on Hinata's and the Hyuuga's past. From the glimpses we have seen from Hinata's past it is safe to assume that her Mom was absent i some way as it seems she had no one to turn to, Hiashi put Hinata into Kurenai's care and I don't think a mother would allow her child to be disowned like that unless she were callous or uncaring.

Hinata's life is full of trauma, she was a kidnapping victim as well, something we only heard about through Neji because it affected Neji when his father died as a result of it. Hinata is not the kind of person to talk about her troubles, she broods and kicks herself for being "weak". It could be good character development for her to talk about these with someone later on.

I get what you're saying, Irielo, about a woman's subservience to a man being customary in patriarchal societies, but in Japanese custom, noble women were taught to be "Yamato Nadeshiko" which does require them to be gentle, reserved and to defer to their men but it also requires  them to have an inner will and strength. So, given that Hinata's mother is a total mystery, we can assume she was a "Yamato Nadeshiko" given that she was the wife of a clan-head. With this type of characterization, Hinata's mother would not outright defy Hiashi but she would provide comfort and encouragement to Hinata in subtly if she wanted to and felt it was best.

I pretty much agree with all of this

Even if she had to be submissive to Hiashi, how a mother chooses to talk to her child in private is completely up to her, patriarchal system or not. And never telling your child "hey, I believe in you" when they clearly desperately needed to hear it, or even explaining her father's ways to Hinata to assure her that he loves her, not doing something when her daughter was clearly is in so much inner turmoil... It comes of as neglectful and uncaring which doesn't fit what Hinata described. Hinata's mother was kind, and care and understanding are virtues of kindness.

I always felt like Hinata's relationship with her parents would mirror Sasuke's relationship with his parents if Hinata's parents were both alive. Fujaku being the strict father and clan leader who held high exceptions of his children and had a tenancy to come off as disapproving. And Mikoto being the kind and gentle mother who, while never defying her husband, would comfort Sasuke when he was down, tenderly raise her son's spirits and even explain Fujaku's harsh ways to her son. Fujaku and Mikoto were also the head of the Uchiha clan, which was another old noble clan with ancient traditions. So there isn't an excuse for Hinata's mother never being there for Hinata.

I also always felt Hinata's mother would have died from natural causes while Hanabi was still a baby or toddler. This probably wouldn't elicit as much trauma like in Neji's, Sasuke's and Naruto's (with Jiraiya) case when they felt their parental figure had been unjustly killed/murdered. Though her mother's loss probably would have been another blow to Hinata's psyche. But I agree with SenpaiSamaSan here, any distress she may have felt over her mother's death, she probably would have kept to herself deep inside her heart.

I would love for Hinata to eventually open up about her past and talk everything all out with Naruto one day too <3. Unfortunately, I agree with Engetsu, its very likely that this will all just be bypassed in the manga lol.

edit: I just remembered, Hinata's mother wasn't present during the 3rd test of the Chunnin Exam. We see Hinata with Kiba and Hiashi seated with Hanabi, but her mother isn't there. Why wouldn't Hiashi bring his wife along to an event that's so widely spectated by the villagers? (furthers my suspicion that Hinata's mother either isn't around or is dead)


Last edited by Aelita on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Aelita


Posts : 377
Gender : Female
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:01 pm

@ Zumeii-san.
While we do know some about Hinata, what we do know has been connections to the main plot (Kumo/Hyuuga being brought up again when Kumo/Sasuke happens) as well as a device for Naruto, the main character, to understand Neji's suffering and her suffering as Naruto understood it from watching her fight, and as we well know from Sasuke, Naruto couldn't understand what it was like to lose a loved one, to the point where losing someone close to him has become an important character development point for Naruto, so the death of Hinata's mother would not have been important for the story at the time.

As you said, we know a lot about Hinata, so if Hinata's mom is alive she should have been shown already, the total absence of Hinata's mother from the manga points to her not being around anymore, as a living character is much more likely to appear in the manga than a dead one. If she is dead, however, she would only ever be brought up if her death were important to the plot or to character development.

I'm not saying that it's not possible that she is alive, but it is simpler to assume that she is dead than her being this multi-faceted character whose own confidence issues affect another character's(Hinata) confidence issues either through action or inaction.

That fact that there is no evidence makes the assumption of death or abandonment much more likely than her being present. Again, we see Hanabi, a very minor character and one of Hinata's close family members, but not her mom. It would raise more questions than answers if she were suddenly introduced.

@Aelita.
Mikoto! I knew there was someone in the manga who paralleled what I was talking about, but I couldn't remember at the time lol.
And I agree that Hinata's mom most likely died at childbirth or through so called "Ninja AIDS", which affected Itachi and Kimimaro, and maybe even the Senju, who were all Kekkei Genkai wielders.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Zumeii-san on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:11 pm

^ True, it is all just perplexing I suppose.
avatar
Zumeii-san


Posts : 76
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the USA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by NaruHina <3 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 pm

I agree also!  
avatar
NaruHina <3


Posts : 405
Gender : Female
Location : Texas, thats all y'all need to know. :)

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:03 pm

@ SenpaiSamaSan My problem is that there is not any panel which shows that Hinata's mother is dead as well. At least one panel showing Hinata's thoughts to her departed mother would have cleared the matter.

@ Aelita I don't like to repeat myself but again. In case Hinata's mother is alive, like I wrote before, if she is described as a kind person, that's because she did not do bad to Hinata but did not have the words Hinata needed to hear.
I assume her mother did not grow up with the pressure of becoming one day the heiress of the oldest and most noble clan of Konoha.
If her mother knew herself what it is to be under such pressure, she would have definitely found the right words for Hinata.

Sorry but I understand Hinata's mother perfectly and don't see her therefore as neglectful. That's something considered as normal to show strength and ability since the childhood, because that's a culture and an old one which influenced the mentality of the whole Hyuuga clan.
Somehow I can parallel it to the Spartan culture where only strength mattered and where even babies considered as "failures" were abandoned.

Hizashi was so upset of being in the branch family because he knew how strong Neji was and to him Hinata did not deserve this title of heiress because she was a failure.

I don't think that Hinata's mother knew what it is to be considered as a failure and I think that she did care for Hinata. She just could not talk to Hinata's heart. And that, only Naruto succeeded because he was himself considered as a failure and a social outcast.

Anyway I hope this mystery surrounding Mrs Hyuuga will be cleared.
When I think about it, that would make sense if she were dead too but just to think that she is still alive brings some interesting perspectives and ways of interpretations regarding her relationship to her daughter.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:32 pm

@Irielo

I understand that, but you have to look at it from the story's perspective and the way the narrative and the characters are presented. I can overlook the fact that the parents of the other rookies are not mentioned because their family life is not an important factor to their character or their development. Sakura's character arc is about feeling adequate and finding her place in her team, Team 10 are about teamwork and about surpassing their fathers specifically, Kiba, Shino, Lee and Tenten have near zero focus on their home lives but when it comes to Neji, Hinata, Sasuke, their home lives and relationship with their family is put on the spotlight. Their characters revolve around their family and clan and it affects their growth greatly so it seems odd that, if Hinata's mother were alive, she would not be even introduced, at least.

Hinata, or any of the secondary character's for that matter, barely get enough panel time as it is. It is easier to rationalize the absence of Hinata's mother if we assume she was dead and that it would be brought up at a later time, otherwise she just isn't that important to the story or to Hinata's character development at all, just like Lee's and Tenten's parents (or lack there of).
Your description of her would make her very important to Hinata's character, as her actions would greatly affect Hinata's self-confidence and it would have been nice to know or at least hinted at that she exists, like having a woman stand next to Hiashi in one panel.
What you are describing about Hinata's mother makes her a complex character that would have, by her mere presence, given a great depth to the inner workings of the Hyuuga, expanded Hinata's character and given Hinata a contrast so we could actually see clearly where Hinata would surpass her mother when it comes to determination and courage.

If she were alive, Neji and Kurenai should have at least known about her when it came time for them to shed some light about the Hyuuga situation, but they don't. Hiashi should have at least been shown with her at the Chuunin Exams, he should have taken her when it is mentioned he left the village, but it was Hanabi instead both times. If she were alive, Hinata should have spared a thought about her mother when the village was laid to waste by Pain, worrying about her safety.

Dead, her mother can only be brought up at an opportune time, as it is a pretty personal thing to talk about. You have to remember, we know nothing about Hinata's past from her own words except from her confession to Naruto, and those words are vague. We know that Hinata is a reserved person who does not speak of her troubles to others as to not worry them. It makes sense that she wouldn't think about her mother's passing because there was never a good time in the story where revealing that would make sense in context.

With the theme of losing loved ones and keeping them in your heart floating around recently, and with Naruto now knowing the circumstances surrounding his own parent's death, and with Naruto and Hinata becoming closer, it would be the most opportune time, from a story perspective, to reveal this.

I see it this way. A character that is introduced ALIVE should have a set up, a background and if they are close to important characters they should be introduced early and shown to interact with others.
Characters introduced DEAD can be introduced at anytime and be used as devices to expand on the development of already living characters. Dead characters can be given flashbacks to flesh them out a bit should it be necessary for further development. A great example is Kakashi's father, Sakumo, and Obito (who oddly enough is an example of both a LIVING and DEAD character) in Kakashi Gaiden. Sakumo is only brought up to flesh out and expand Kakashi's character and how his death affected Kakashi and it makes us see Kakashi's previous actions in a new light, we come to an understanding as to why Kakashi was the way he was before Obito scolded him. Obito's death explains why Kakashi is the way he is now.

This is just my view on things though, I would be happy if it is revealed she were alive but Kishi would have some MAJOR explaining to do for me to be satisfied with this.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm

@SenpaiSamaSan I agree with you. That's why I wrote in my last sentence that it would make sense if she is already dead.

Personally, I wanted to imagine her alive because that gives way to other perspectives and interpretations regarding Hinata's situation and the Hyuuga clan itself.

But, like you meant that would be quite complicated to bring that now and I don't know if Kishi is interested to go deep into that matter. That would be indeed easier if she were dead...

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by engetsu on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:56 am



I see it this way. A character that is introduced ALIVE should have a set up, a background and if they are close to important characters they should be introduced early and shown to interact with others.
Characters introduced DEAD can be introduced at anytime and be used as devices to expand on the development of already living characters. Dead characters can be given flashbacks to flesh them out a bit should it be necessary for further development. A great example is Kakashi's father, Sakumo, and Obito (who oddly enough is an example of both a LIVING and DEAD character) in Kakashi Gaiden. Sakumo is only brought up to flesh out and expand Kakashi's character and how his death affected Kakashi and it makes us see Kakashi's previous actions in a new light, we come to an understanding as to why Kakashi was the way he was before Obito scolded him. Obito's death explains why Kakashi is the way he is now.


This is an excellent point, I think it's understand that shounen manga follows established writing rules/techniques. And while I'm not implying kishi is not capable from being original in his exposition. A living character just wouldn't get treated the way Hinata's mom is at this point, if shounen writing logic is anything to go by.
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by NaruHina <3 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:44 am

Well, Kishi does tend to forget people... maybe he forgot about Hinata's mom?
avatar
NaruHina <3


Posts : 405
Gender : Female
Location : Texas, thats all y'all need to know. :)

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Zumeii-san on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 pm

^ I agree, its totally possible. maybe we'll never know what is the deal with Hinata's mom.
avatar
Zumeii-san


Posts : 76
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the USA

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by NaruHina <3 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Well, he needs to hurry up and remember her... after the war.
avatar
NaruHina <3


Posts : 405
Gender : Female
Location : Texas, thats all y'all need to know. :)

Back to top Go down

Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum