Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Is Naruhina more popular than Narusaku?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Naruhina more popular than Narusaku?

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:41 am

I have heard a lot of things concerning this on other forums and I wanted to know if it was true or not. NS claimed that Narusaku is more popular than Naruhina and other pairings in Japan and the U.S, but I was pretty skeptical. I don't know, maybe because I love naruhina I just didn't want to believe it. I know it doesn't really matter who's popular or not but I just wanted to know to calm my curiosity. So can somebody tell me if this is true or not.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Naruhina more popular than Narusaku?

Post by ClassyLPS on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 am

I'm pretty sure NH is more popular.. The most popular out of every single pairing in japan is KakaIru I think. But NS isn't really that popular. In Japan I'm think. But I'm sure about NH being more popular.
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 am

ClassyLPS wrote:I'm pretty sure NH is more popular.. The most popular out of every single pairing in japan is KakaIru I think. But NS isn't really that popular. In Japan I'm think. But I'm sure about NH being more popular.  

Ah, KakaIru. The yaoi couple is always gonna be popular huh? lol
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 am

because the people in Japan know what romance is, makes me wonder what would happen if the French wrote the manga .

no seriously, NaruHina is more popular than NaruSaku, because maybe people know the quality of Naruto's and Hinata's interactions throughout the series, plus I thought it was NaruSasu that was more popular, but then again I am not a big fan of yaoi.

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 am

^ Narusasu is probably next in line in being one of the most popular yaoi couple though behind KakaIru.

As I thought, naruhina is more popular than narusaku. Even though NS won't believe it.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merchant on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 pm

ClassyLPS wrote:The most popular out of every single pairing in japan is KakaIru I think.
Is this really still true? I know that fangirls love their yaoi, but at this point I can't imagine that there'd be any fresh material of this pairing for them to enjoy. There was a time when KakaIru was sort of popular in the English-speaking fandom as well, but these days I literally never hear about it.
The Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 am

It depends on how you are defining "popularity." NaruHina has become a bit more popular in Japan relatively recently. However, it used to be under NaruSaku in popularity (NejiHina used to be the most popular Hinata pairing by far and it still ranks pretty high). Based on things in the past couple of years, it's more even in Japan between the two. You can find searches done that claim one or the other to be more popular (between NaruHina & NaruSaku) though I think NaruHina is starting to "win" more now.

If you are talking about the US (and most "western" countries), NaruHina is by far the most popular and that's not really a contest.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 am

As Sakura is a main character, she is therefore popular. As far as the pairing with Naruto is concerned, I don't know.

But regarding the story itself, NaruHina have something really special. Although some say that Neji could be bring back to life in case Naruto gets the same ability as Nagato or the Sage, I would see NejiHina boring: same family, clan...

Furthermore, Neji himself was a NaruHina supporter. The day Naruto was leaving Konoha with Jiraya, he told Hinata about that. Then he sacrificed himself for both of them because he somehow believed in them (as a couple).

Anyway, I don't really care about which pairing is more popular. I just like to see in which direction the story is going to. To satisfy all the fans is a tough mission for the mangaka I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:14 am

Irielo wrote:As Sakura is a main character, she is therefore popular. As far as the pairing with Naruto is concerned, I don't know.

But regarding the story itself, NaruHina have something really special. Although some say that Neji could be bring back to life in case Naruto gets the same ability as Nagato or the Sage, I would see NejiHina boring: same family, clan...

Furthermore, Neji himself was a NaruHina supporter. The day Naruto was leaving Konoha with Jiraya, he told Hinata about that. Then he sacrificed himself for both of them because he somehow believed in them (as a couple).

Anyway, I don't really care about which pairing is more popular. I just like to see in which direction the story is going to. To satisfy all the fans is a tough mission for the mangaka I guess.

That is correct, sadly he can only please one supporter group while the other will be left disappointed, there isn't much anyone can do about it. the direction of the manga has been pretty obvious concerning the pairings of late, it has been pretty obvious that NaruHina is the way the story is heading, there will be one supporter base that will be upset with Kishimoto's choice, and I think we're starting to see the choice that Kishi is making, regardless of the excuses and downplaying NaruSaku makes it will not stop Kishi, I think we are starting to see NaruHina blossoming, and will bloom before the year ends.

It matters not how popular the pairings are, it is the writer that makes that choice, if people keep their expectations too high be you a NaruHina or a NaruSaku supporter then they are the ones that will get hurt, but to keep your expectations low, then you won't have a problem with the ending. I think we're going to get an ending that will make a lot of people happy, but then there will be some that will be sore losers at the end because these fans didn't get what they wanted, (no I wasn't bashing the fans of a particular pairing.)

NejiHina was never going to happen anyway, as you said Neji was a supporter to NaruHina until the moment he died, he was present with the it's in your eyes/look at his eyes exchange, from his silence and expression, he more than likely knew that there was something going on between the two.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v59/c559/6.html

Yeah he knew something was going on between them in my opinion.

Oh back to the topic, I really don't think it matters which one is the most popular, it will ultimately be up to Kishimoto which pairing will be happening, but by judging the direction of the manga we can see which way it is heading, NaruHina

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 am

Out of Hetero pairings, Sasusaku is the most popular pairing actually lol. Then Naruhina and then NaruSaku being the third most popular.

Out of characters, despite being a side character, Hinata frequently makes the top 14 and has beaten Sakura in popularity polls before (though usually not by a large margin).

The most recent popularity poll from 2011:
Spoiler:
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:55 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:It depends on how you are defining "popularity." NaruHina has become a bit more popular in Japan relatively recently. However, it used to be under NaruSaku in popularity (NejiHina used to be the most popular Hinata pairing by far and it still ranks pretty high). Based on things in the past couple of years, it's more even in Japan between the two. You can find searches done that claim one or the other to be more popular (between NaruHina & NaruSaku) though I think NaruHina is starting to "win" more now.

If you are talking about the US (and most "western" countries), NaruHina is by far the most popular and that's not really a contest.

Hmm, I know it's not really important but it makes me happy that Naruhina is getting the attention it deserves and people love it so much. And on another note, I had no idea people shipped Nejihina so much. I never really thought about that pairing at all since I always saw them as brother and sister even if they were cousins but you get the idea.

Irielo wrote:As Sakura is a main character, she is therefore popular. As far as the pairing with Naruto is concerned, I don't know.

I agree with you there. Neji had clearly shown that he supported naruhina. Like i had mention before, I didn't think about Nejihina til I read several comments about them from this pairing's shippers on other forums. They seem to have claimed that Neji may have had a crush on Hinata in that mini-series with Rock Lee and things like that. I always saw him as a overprotective brother to Hinata.

Aelita wrote:Out of Hetero pairings, Sasusaku is the most popular pairing actually lol. Then Naruhina and then NaruSaku being the third most popular.

Out of characters, despite being a side character, Hinata frequently makes the top 14 and has beaten Sakura in popularity polls before (though usually not by a large margin).

The most recent popularity poll from 2011:
Spoiler:

Ah, yes! I remember seeing this several times. Geez, even though Hinata isn't a main character, she's beaten Sakura several times in the popularity polls. Kinda makes me get giddy with pride for her! Thanks for sharing this info.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Couldn't have said it well myself, although, I never got why yaio parings were popular at all.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:16 pm

I can't explain it since I love yaoi myself. It's just something about it that makes me wanna fangirl like crazy~ But I don't pair just anybody together.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Hey, it's whatever, I have never been into it, but if others like it so be it. Although I have heard some being paired up with animals too, I was like "What????"
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:03 am

ID =I'd I believe.

NaruHina is more popular than NaruSaku, just the ns trying
to be important again, nothing to worry about.

Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:37 pm

^ Yeah you're right.

But I just got this from someone on tumblr; it shows the popularity ranks with the Naruto shippings in Japan I believe: http://kaylathebookthief.tumblr.com/post/54945024232/naruto-ships-popularity
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:53 pm

^

Wow, SS and NH are FAR ahead of NS. i don't understand Japanese that well but i can put 2 and 2 together.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Pretty cool that NH has sky rocketed up to being number 2 since the last known ones from 2010 or whenever it was with SS as number one like it was as the number one hetero sexual pairing. I love this.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:35 pm

racefan1992 wrote:^

Wow, SS and NH are FAR ahead of NS. i don't understand Japanese that well but i can put 2 and 2 together.

And did you see that ItaSaku was more popular than NaruSaku? I laughed out loud when I saw that  

CoolChels wrote:Pretty cool that NH has sky rocketed up to being number 2 since the last known ones from 2010 or whenever it was with SS as number one like it was as the number one hetero sexual pairing. I love this.

I love it too! It's just so comforting to see with your own eyes. Japanese people knows what's good lol
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm

kagome1991 wrote:And did you see that ItaSaku was more popular than NaruSaku? I laughed out loud when I saw that

I love it too! It's just so comforting to see with your own eyes. Japanese people knows what's good lol

If ItaSaku is even more popular than NaruSaku, then it tells you everything... I'm subjective too, because my number one pairing is NaruHina and I hope it will reach the first place. I like SasuSaku as well but I have more feelings when it comes to NaruHina.  
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:24 am

^ Yeah I feel the same. I love Sasusaku but Naruhina is something I have been waiting years to happen.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:28 pm

^ I know the feeling and you could say that again.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:42 pm

^ I honestly thought I would have to wait til I'm 30 years old before these two would become canon. I mean I'm 22 and now they're finally making moves lol. It's been a long wait I tell ya, but it's been worth it.

Last edited by kagome1991 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 pm

kagome1991 wrote:^ I honestly thought I would have to wait til I'm 30 years before these two would become canon. I mean I'm 22 and now they're finally making moves lol. It's been a long wait I tell ya, but it's been worth it.

The reward after all this time of waiting will be thus more enjoyable, more delightful and more tasty... 

Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Not to mention the greatest moment of them all.  
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum