Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Honest Question... Are the Hyuga Dumbed down?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honest Question... Are the Hyuga Dumbed down?

Post by Twin Steps on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:47 am

It seems to me that the Hyuga dumbed down, And kept out of any spotlight for the most part, because they can lead to the manga being boring.

I'm well aware that none of them are "main" characters, and that they don't have a MAJOR part in the plot... (at least not yet)

But... the stronger reason, Seem to be that they'd make the manga boring.

The Byakugan could reveal all sorts of information about an enemy and their abilities. If a character like that was constantly kept around, it'd steal the mystery and suspense that the manga thrives on at times:

1) It would have instantly been known that sasori was actually a puppet hiding within a puppet, and was actually just... a "heart"
2) The Pain bodies would have been exposed to not be normal, and have foreign chakra flowing through them, and the chakra being transmitted should have been seen too, if there was one around.

3) Kakuzu having 5 hearts would have been exposed

this list goes on.... and on...

The Byakugan can be used extremely cheaply... exposing almost ALL secrets and even allowing the user to know exactly what equipment their enemy is carrying.

Hell, after seeing Danzou use the Sharingan... I wondered to myself, how the hell is it a big secret that Danzou has the Sharingan? How is it that no Hyugas have noticed this? Did they all just happen to never look at him with their eyes activated? Maybe they've seen it, but just haven't spoken up on it..it just seems odd to me.

Also, the Hyuga could constantly monitor the village and it's inhabitants if they desired. the Hyuga could actually watch and keep tabs on ALL the different clans and their abilities gaining insider info on them and developing counters for anything the clans come up with, to stay on top as the strongest clan.

Their chakra control also pre-disposes them to be able to learn any jutsu, and be more or less, "perfect" ninja. According to kakashi, intelligence and chakra control are the basis of being good at Genjutsu. with the chakra control required for Rasengan, I believe it was said that a ninja could theoretically master any jutsu.

The Hyuuga brain also seems to be advanced to be able to comprehend all the things they see with ease. comprehending 360 degree vision alone would require normal humans to have a higher brain function. It doesn't necessarily mean they're smarter, but just that they have a higher brain function or processing.

I know this sounds fanboyish to some, and my avatar doesn't really help... but is this stuff not true?
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Re: Honest Question... Are the Hyuga Dumbed down?

Post by ClassyLPS on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:07 pm

That's a part of the thing that made people want to read the manga, they wanted to see Naruto become more skilled throughout it, and see how someone with his personality and skill get through these situations. So you can't just have this already skilled person be the main with the theme of this manga. I would be okay with seeing Hinata as main character since she is very similar to Naruto, being weak and wanting to get stronger. But she would just Byakugan everything and ruin suspense. And if she didn't Byakugan everything people would be like "why doesn't she just use Byakugan!?"
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:15 pm

ClassyTopHattedDino wrote:That's a part of the thing that made people want to read the manga, they wanted to see Naruto become more skilled throughout it, and see how someone with his personality and skill get through these situations. So you can't just have this already skilled person be the main with the theme of this manga. I would be okay with seeing Hinata as main character since she is very similar to Naruto, being weak and wanting to get stronger. But she would just Byakugan everything and ruin suspense. And if she didn't Byakugan everything people would be like "why doesn't she just use Byakugan!?"

That's what I'm saying, they were dumbed down because of plot
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Yes and no. As per the differences in abilities between Hinata & Neji (and then from Neji & Hiashi), while the Byakugan in theory can reveal just about everything, it doesn't start off that way. You have to get strong to be able to "see" more or to use the "full capacity" of the Byakugan in terms of insight.

Hiashi is technically the only one who could've "ruined" everything if he was shown checking out everything as he was established as potentially strong enough to reveal so much at the beginning. However, his excuse for not being around due to being Clan Head would've worked. The other members of the clan are not as strong as Hiashi, so that would be the only "excuse" needed.

The issue has more to do with anime fillers in Part 1 having Hinata & Neji being able to do a whole lot more with their eyes than the manga allowed (**thinks of the episode where they were supposedly able to scan the entire village from the Hokage's office when Hinata was given around a 1km limit in the manga; Neji's wasn't established but it should've been either similar or only a little farther**).

Sure, they could potentially make things "boring" (though I don't think they would have), but Kishimoto already put in an escape clause for himself by saying that the level of insight a Hyuuga can get depends on their strength and/or high-level of ability and that they aren't all equal in what they can actually see. That's why Hinata had an increase in her sight limit and overall skills from Part 1 to Part 2 as she got stronger over the time-skip.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm

I cringed a little bit when Hinata slapped Naruto because she is a Gentle Fist user who can shut down a person's brain with a slap like that.
The clan that gets screwed over because of their potential however is the Aburame. The Hyuga can say they are the 'strongest clan in Kohona', but with some of the ideas I've come up with on what the Aburame can do with their insects. . .well, what Shino just did was 'nice' compared to some scenarios I've thought up.

Twin Steps - About a Hyuga seeing through Danzo's bandages. Danzo is probably smart enough to keep away from Hyuga especially in the field. Also the Hyuga no doubt have a ton of rules about invading another person's 'privacy' like that. Even if the Hokage ordered a Hyuga to look through the bandages, there would be a political storm over the order unless there was a lot of evidence about Danzo having Shisui's eye.
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:49 am

Well, shino's attack is hax, but he'd have to touch his opponents for like 2-3 seconds before it can happen.
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:47 am

The Hyuga abilities are revealing themselves slowly in the war and will reach their peak hopefully through Hinata. Maybe that's the reason why it wasn't shown before.

Hinata through her development will be the one (that's what I would like), to reveal the Hyuga's true strength.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum