Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 am

I don't know if everyone has seen episode 166 of Naruto Shippuden, but I like to make a comment on it if I can. The first time I seen the episode was probably last year after I had discovered it was finally animated.

When I watched it, I can't even describe the feels that I had...it was so touching, heart-wrenching even. It literally brought tears to my eyes. the animators really did a great job on it, extending it the way they did by bringing in flashbacks of Hinata's childhood and having Hinata try to fight Pein a bit more than in the manga when she was quickly struck down. And that music...it was so beautiful. Oh, I was so touched.

I just had to talk about it cause I was kinda watching the episode just to watch it again like 30 minutes ago. Just watching Hinata do everything she could to protect Naruto made me love her even more, and frankly reminded me why I love her so much.

How about anyone else? What did you think about it?


Last edited by kagome1991 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by ClassyLPS on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:34 am

I loved it! They went Disney with that animation didn't they? Haha no it was a great episode! One of my favorites~ And that part with poor tiny Hinata, omaigawd she was adorablee <<3 x)
avatar
ClassyLPS


Posts : 576
Location : California, it ain't that sunny..

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:41 am

ClassyTopHattedDino wrote:I loved it! They went Disney with that animation didn't they? Haha no it was a great episode! One of my favorites~ And that part with poor tiny Hinata, omaigawd she was adorablee <<3 x)

Wasn't she though? I couldn't help but say,"D'Awwww!" when I saw her.
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:07 am

I have to say 166 is better then the Manga version. Atleast the animators (IMHO) protraited Hinatas character accuratly. Hinata is the furtherest thing from a push over as you can get. I wouldn't have had her hit Pein but atleast she got a chance to go down swinging.

The only thing i agree with between 166 and chap 437 is that Hinata confessed, i completely disagree with how Kishimoto protraitd Hinatas character in the manga. The anime people did a more accurate character protrail.

I'm not saying my opinion is end all be all. I just disagree with how Kishimoto did things in the manga, that is all.
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Mustang on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

well with the Manga it's just a short and sweet version of what we see in the anime, think of it this way each episode takes 2-3 chapters, but the amazing thing is, is that chapter 437 was extended for an entire episode, to me at least, this moment, along with chapter 559, 615 and 633 were all important parts of the series when it comes to NaruHina.

I am willing to put money on the table to say that chapter 615 will also get that luxury as well of being extended for an entire episode.

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Batokusanagi on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I had already read the manga, so I wasn't surprised of course. I was just looking forward to see it animated. I didn't like the style they used for Naruto's fight with Pein, but it did go well with confession scene.

51-mustang wrote:I am willing to put money on the table to say that chapter 615 will also get that luxury as well of being extended for an entire episode.
Well, 615 was almost entirely NaruHina-centric. It has to get a whole anime chapter as well, no other way around it.
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by CoolChels on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm

I so loved that episode and I was really touched by that moment of her confession!
avatar
CoolChels


Posts : 455
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:32 pm

racefan1992 wrote:I have to say 166 is better then the Manga version. Atleast the animators (IMHO) protraited Hinatas character accuratly. Hinata is the furtherest thing from a push over as you can get. I wouldn't have had her hit Pein but atleast she got a chance to go down swinging.

The only thing i agree with between 166 and chap 437 is that Hinata confessed, i completely disagree with how Kishimoto protraitd Hinatas character in the manga. The anime people did a more accurate character protrail.

I'm not saying my opinion is end all be all. I just disagree with how Kishimoto did things in the manga, that is all.

And I respect your opinion good sir.~ I'm also glad they extended Hinata's fight and had a very accurate portrayal of her character.
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:34 pm

51-mustang wrote:well with the Manga it's just a short and sweet version of what we see in the anime, think of it this way each episode takes 2-3 chapters, but the amazing thing is, is that chapter 437 was extended for an entire episode, to me at least, this moment, along with chapter 559, 615 and 633 were all important parts of the series when it comes to NaruHina.

I am willing to put money on the table to say that chapter 615 will also get that luxury as well of being extended for an entire episode.

I knew that with the anime they would take at least 2 chapters to make just one episode of naruto.

I sure hope they make the episode of 615 as wonderful as the confession one. We might even get some extended scenes for that one as well.
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Mustang on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Well Episode 166 was just one chapter, episode 166 had a focus on the entirety of chapter 437, that is something we don't see often, if that was the case then chapter 437 had massive significance to the story itself, to a lot of us it proved to be the turning point in the romance side of things as well, it became the turning point because of the fact that Hinata was the first to show Naruto what love was, and what better way to do it than self sacrifice, after that point onwards, Naruto stopped making any advances on Sakura.

another theory for me, is that maybe Naruto actually did have a certain amount of feelings for Hinata, but maybe he just didn't realize it, (but that's just an unproven theory)

but I think more than anything, chapter 614 and 615 will be one episode, but I find that Chapter 615 will take up the majority of it.

You know I noticed something about chapter 614, when Hiashi, Neji and Hinata took the front lines to defend Naruto, Hinata was the one he called out to, showing great concern for her safety, what could that mean I wonder

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:54 pm

51-mustang wrote:Well Episode 166 was just one chapter, episode 166 had a focus on the entirety of chapter 437, that is something we don't see often, if that was the case then chapter 437 had massive significance to the story itself, to a lot of us it proved to be the turning point in the romance side of things as well, it became the turning point because of the fact that Hinata was the first to show Naruto what love was, and what better way to do it than self sacrifice, after that point onwards, Naruto stopped making any advances on Sakura.

another theory for me, is that maybe Naruto actually did have a certain amount of feelings for Hinata, but maybe he just didn't realize it, (but that's just an unproven theory)

but I think more than anything, chapter 614 and 615 will be one episode, but I find that Chapter 615 will take up the majority of it.

You know I noticed something about chapter 614, when Hiashi, Neji and Hinata took the front lines to defend Naruto, Hinata was the one he called out to, showing great concern for her safety, what could that mean I wonder

You know when I read chapter 614 and 615 for the umpteenth time, I realized that Naruto called Hinata's name as well. He didn't call neji's name or anybody for that matter just Hinata when she told him that they would protect him. I thought that was pretty sweet
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Graeystone on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:06 am

racefan1992 wrote:I have to say 166 is better then the Manga version.
WHAT!? The animated version royally messed up the manga in terms of what Kishimoto tried to portray.
1) While watching Hinata put up a valiant fight it became cringe worthy because of how Hinata was getting knocked around in 166.

2) Nagato nearly killing Hinata was done quickly unlike the animated version for a good reason. Nagato's exact words were, "Just like how my parents died." and it was revealed his parents were indeed killed in a fast manner without any real fighting back just like how Hinata was almost killed. This was not fully portrayed in the animated version. The quickness in how she gets put down is also important for-

3) - Naruto giving into the Kyuubi so fast like he did. There was no gradual buildup to giving into the Fox like in the past. Naruto did not start at 1-Tail either. It was meant to show that Naruto's reaction was as instantaneous as Nagato 'killing' Hinata. The animation messed up the instantaneous flow of events because of the extended fight between Hinata and Deva Pain.

4) The Three Bullies made no damn sense whatsoever and mixing filler with canon like that was dumb. If the animators wanted to do a flashback then why didn't they give Hinata a training sequence showing how much she had grown since Part 1? Now the animators probably implied Bullies=Nagato/Pain Bodies/Konan. . .but there is a problem with that. While Nagato had a mean streak a mile long, he was not a sadistic bully like Diedera, Hidan, or Kisame. Worst of all it implies that Hinata and Naruto's first official 'meeting' was not Hinata accidentally seeing Naruto train when they were younger.

5) The Omake. . .no 'effin comment. . .
avatar
Graeystone


Posts : 111
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Strawberry on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 am

The anime definitely made it much more dramatic, but I feel like it took something important from the original story. And that was the fact that Naruto's reaction in manga, was much more unexpected than it was in the anime.

In manga, Hinata just got hurt in front of Naruto, the same way his frog friends did. So you wouldn't expect that sort of reaction from Naruto, when he's already seen his friends be hurt the same way Hinata got hurt, and one of them even died. In the anime on the other hand, Hinata was practically tortured in front of Naruto. A reaction like that was much more expected. It was dramatic indeed, and it gave Hinata more of a chance to show her growth, but it took away some of the Naruto -> Hinata feeling the manga had.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:11 am

^ Okay I definitely see what you mean by that.

I didn't like seeing Hinata getting tortured like that in front Naruto but it was definitely dramatic enough to bring tears to my eyes.
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:07 am

Graeystone wrote:WHAT!? The animated version royally messed up the manga in terms of what Kishimoto tried to portray.

Adding one more thing to your list, it also made the Hyuugas, in particular, who had been shown to be concerned for Hinata's well-being to come across as uncaring. Hinata running off on her own and getting defeated almost instantly with a follow-up of Naruto exploding in rage as he did means that it is completely understandable that no one else entered into the fray. However, if Hinata is going to have an extended fight where she also manages to get briefly knocked out and then continue to try to do stuff while not a single Hyuuga tries to help or tell others that could possibly help what is going on, that's just complete abandonment. That abandonment could've made sense in Part 1 when she was supposedly considered "unimportant" to the clan. That abandonment makes no sense in Part 2 when letting something even happen to her is supposedly considered a shameful act.

I also liked the idea that Pain considered Hinata an actual threat in the manga which is why he refused to let her get close as much as he could avoid it and ended as quickly as he could. The anime makes it seem like he felt she wasn't a threat at all until she surprised him.

I didn't like the changing of the NaruHina stuff at all nor the attempt at introducing Hinata's mother, which they better hope that Kishimoto does choose to give them a break on as he could decide to introduce her later. There's lots of things that they like to "create" that seemingly Kishimoto ends up going, "uh... no, that's not what I was planning... **proceeds to do what he wanted**" I do appreciate the fact that they proved my point to those who actually believed that "if only Hinata had gone for the rods then Naruto would've been freed" (it was also an annoying semi-common fan fic thing too in the aftermath of 437: Hinata removes all the rods while Pain watches so Naruto can continue the fight--I never understood how that made sense to anyone). I never forgot the comments I got when I pointed out that Pain wouldn't have just stood there and let her do that. Shippuden 166 pretty much ended it and some people pretended that they never said the things that they had on the issue (and I don't recall any fan fics that started after 166 aired that entertained that idea of Hinata removing all the rods either without Pain trying to stop her).

The nindo part at the end was sweet, but I'll admit that I had been annoyed too much throughout the episode to fully appreciate it.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Graeystone on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:31 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
Adding one more thing to your list, it also made the Hyuugas, in particular, who had been shown to be concerned for Hinata's well-being to come across as uncaring. Hinata running off on her own and getting defeated almost instantly with a follow-up of Naruto exploding in rage as he did means that it is completely understandable that no one else entered into the fray. However, if Hinata is going to have an extended fight where she also manages to get briefly knocked out and then continue to try to do stuff while not a single Hyuuga tries to help or tell others that could possibly help what is going on, that's just complete abandonment. That abandonment could've made sense in Part 1 when she was supposedly considered "unimportant" to the clan. That abandonment makes no sense in Part 2 when letting something even happen to her is supposedly considered a shameful act.
You make a very good point and its not just the Hyuga but EVERYONE. If the fight was extended, it would given Leaf Ninjas a shot at a brief attack to at least free Naruto or to unload everything they had directly onto Deva Pain before he could 'recharge' that Gravity Jutsu.

I also liked the idea that Pain considered Hinata an actual threat in the manga which is why he refused to let her get close as much as he could avoid it and ended as quickly as he could. The anime makes it seem like he felt she wasn't a threat at all until she surprised him.
I think its because she is a Hyuga that Nagato considered her a threat with the whole, 'We can screw up your chakra flow/soft tissue/organs with just a touch.' Deva Pain was just a corpse however he was connected to Nagato by chakra and if Hinata somehow disrupted that link it would temporarily break the connection. I have a theory that Twin Lion Barrage could do exactly that and worse. Ever see a nature show of a real lion tearing apart its prey? I think Twin Lion does that. Instead of tearing up and ripping out muscle and tissue, the Lion Heads rip out a chunk of the target's Chakra Pathways. Since the pathways cannot be repaired, that means permanent paralysis(arms or legs) or death(brain, heart, lungs) depending where the target is struck.

I didn't like the changing of the NaruHina stuff at all nor the attempt at introducing Hinata's mother, which they better hope that Kishimoto does choose to give them a break on as he could decide to introduce her later. There's lots of things that they like to "create" that seemingly Kishimoto ends up going, "uh... no, that's not what I was planning... **proceeds to do what he wanted**" I do appreciate the fact that they proved my point to those who actually believed that "if only Hinata had gone for the rods then Naruto would've been freed" (it was also an annoying semi-common fan fic thing too in the aftermath of 437: Hinata removes all the rods while Pain watches so Naruto can continue the fight--I never understood how that made sense to anyone). I never forgot the comments I got when I pointed out that Pain wouldn't have just stood there and let her do that. Shippuden 166 pretty much ended it and some people pretended that they never said the things that they had on the issue (and I don't recall any fan fics that started after 166 aired that entertained that idea of Hinata removing all the rods either without Pain trying to stop her).
Frankly Kishimoto never appeared interested in 'correcting' the animators in any screw up they made. Naruto's chakra color is blue(ITS YELLOW). Making Gaara's hair color red and Kishimoto did make that canon.
avatar
Graeystone


Posts : 111
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 am

^What I mean by "screw ups" is that when the anime created a scenario for how Karin met Sasuke, Kishimoto completely made up his own scenario for how Karin first met Sasuke that contradicted the anime's version. Additionally, the anime had Naruto meet Utakata during a filler arc whereas Kishimoto made it so that Naruto did not meet him until Naruto got most of the bijuus to loan him their chakra and he didn't bail out the anime by trying to make it seem like Naruto knew him at all.

I did not mean to imply that Kishimoto actually tells the anime to fix the errors that they make in the story mainly because there's no way that he has time for that. He's making a manga that has to come out every week. He doesn't also have time to baby-sit the anime (which is also weekly) for their liberties with the actual story. However, since he does supposedly watch the anime, he can choose to ignore whatever stuff that they add into the story and contradict it if he wants later on in the manga.

I wonder if he actually takes joy in contradicting the anime sometimes because it happens quite a bit, especially with the appearance of quite a few NaruHina moments in the war that came usually within 1-2 months of something that could seem to be a bit NaruSaku in the anime.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Zori on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:21 am

I praise that episode, it is the episode....I became a NH shipper .
So i adore it, you guys should check out this amv of Hinata's confession makes it way more epic.
avatar
Zori


Posts : 395
Gender : Female

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Bubbles on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:58 am

I loved episode 166. I saw it before I read the part in the manga in fact, so I didn't know the fight was as short as it was...and when I read the manga part, I was a bit disappointed that it was only a couple panels compared to the anime adaption, which I thought was beautifully done. Didn't mind the extra scenes they put in at all. I know some thought the anime looked wonky at times, but tbh, I don't pay attention like that, lol. 


Either way, I liked the way they colored the episode, Hinata looked especially beautiful. I know now that they left out Naruto's wide eyes, but I don't mind since I felt the episode made up for it with the intensity and dramatics of the situation. Especially Naruto's wide eyes when Hinata hit the ground, and his screams?


Hinata crawling toward him, refusing to give up? Then stating their shared nindo to him before he believes he's lost her forever? I loved it, manga and the anime are both good, but in my eyes, that episode is a beautiful tribute to the NH pairing. 
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:29 pm

^ Exactly this!~ I feel the exact same way about that episode. Seriously it made me cry~
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by CoolChels on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 pm

I know, especially touched me in the confession part where she says "I love you".
avatar
CoolChels


Posts : 455
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by NekoKimio on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm

I had read it far before I saw the episode, but I think the episode did it more than justice. It really got the feeling behind it, and for that I am grateful to the animators. ...I cried.

_________________
♥️김태연♥️
avatar
NekoKimio


Posts : 1184
Gender : Female
Location : Louisiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:20 pm

^ I know right!~ They did a great job~
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Irielo on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:11 am

What I liked with this episode is that they focused on the dramatic effects. That is why it had to last a bit. If it did not last, it would not have been that breathtaking. That's what I think.

But what I didn't like is that they did not show Naruto's reaction when Hinata said: "because I love you". In the manga there was a panel following that confession which showed clearly how Naruto was surprised.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by kagome1991 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Irielo wrote:What I liked with this episode is that they focused on the dramatic effects. That is why it had to last a bit. If it did not last, it would not have been that breathtaking. That's what I think.

But what I didn't like is that they did not show Naruto's reaction when Hinata said: "because I love you". In the manga there was a panel following that confession which showed clearly how Naruto was surprised.

Ah yes that was the major disappointment for me as well that they didn't show Naruto's reaction to Hinata's confession like in the manga. The surprised/shocked face to her "I love you.", but all his other reactions were so dramatic.
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 166 Hinata's Confession

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum