Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

SasuHina, duck.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Well, according to Kishimoto, Naruto would be the same as Sasuke in the manga that chose to leave Konoha if he had reacted that way. That ironically was the point behind the Naruto & Sasuke Iron Country meeting followed by the brief "Dark Naruto" episode on that turtle.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Aelita on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:15 am

So I was browsing through tumblr and found this






Here's a better analogy for Sasuhina. If Sasuke and Hinata are both winter then Hinata is the delicate first snowfall and Sasuke is a harsh frigid winter night.
avatar
Aelita


Posts : 377
Gender : Female
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Irielo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:31 am

I'm asking myself if this "crack" pairing came to happen, how would you react? In this case NaruSaku would be fair enough imo. Personally, I feel more threatened by this pairing than NaruSaku. Weird, isn't it?

Sorry for the lovers of this "crack" pairing but I HATE it as much if not more than NaruSaku.

As crack pairing for Hinata, I'd prefer Itachi but that's not possible. Or Kakashi. Even Shikamaru won't be bad but Sasuke, NO!

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by GreatKungLao on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 am

Irielo wrote:I'm asking myself if this "crack" pairing came to happen, how would you react? In this case NaruSaku would be fair enough imo. Personally, I feel more threatened by this pairing than NaruSaku. Weird, isn't it?

Sorry for the lovers of this "crack" pairing but I HATE it as much if not more than NaruSaku.

As crack pairing for Hinata, I'd prefer Itachi but that's not possible. Or Kakashi. Even Shikamaru won't be bad but Sasuke, NO!
Don't worry. None of such horrible pairings as this one, which also hurts me a lot and makes my heart dying slowly, would be able to exist, because...

*With the voice of Eddard Stark* NaruHina is coming.
avatar
GreatKungLao


Posts : 889
Gender : Male
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Aelita on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:04 am

I'd feel a strange mixture of confusion, sadness and joy if Sasuhina actually happened.

But that's the point of crack shipping. I DO NOT EXCEPT OR WANT IT TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN. That is what a crack ship is! A ship that you don't think could actually happen in canon but is still interesting to think about.The ship exists in my imagination. It exists in fanon.

Sasuhina has nothing to do with Narusaku, stop linking the two. It is about the theoritcal relationship between Sasuke and Hinata. Sure some NS fans use it as a side-ship but they are in the minority. The majority of people who like Sasuhina are multi-hinata shippers and/or crack lovers. There are lots of NH fans who also like Sasuhina as a crack ship. Just because Sasuhina is in a fanfic doesn't mean Narusaku is going to be in it. There are a bunch of Sasuhina AU fics out there that don't even feature Naruto. NS-SH is NOT the alternative to people who double ship NH-SS. There are people who like NS but not SH, there are people who like SS but hate NH, there are people who like NH but not SS, and there are people who hate NS but like SH. I love Naruhina, I like Sasuhina, I dislike Narusaku. Sasuhina's existence does not make NS fair game.

I never understood outright hating a crack ship. Sure you don't have to like it, I don't like a lot of crack ships but it's usually more of a a feeling of indifference or "meh". But what's the point to hating on a ship that already acknowledges itself that its never going to be canon? Besides disgruntling its fans? The ship is harmless. It is not a threat to NH. Hell even if NS happened, it doesn't mean Sasuhina is going to: because Sasuhina is a crack ship! I feel like the only people who don't get that are the one's who are so against Sasuhina.

If you don't like Sasuhina fine, but stop raining on people's parades and take your hate elsewhere. This is a thread about Sasuhina dammit.
avatar
Aelita


Posts : 377
Gender : Female
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Irielo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:23 am

@ Aelita I'm probably suffering from paranoia but the art of surprise is a common thing with mangakas...

Why do I see SasuHina a bigger threat than NaruSaku is because there were enough opportunities for NaruSaku to happen and it did not happen, whereas for SasuHina, there is still a way somehow...

Sasuke could just reveal that the only girl who he has been in love with is Hinata. That could explain too why he's never showed any interest for romance... In this case, I would like to see Naruto's reaction... Hinata loves Naruto but I see her as the incarnation of love: patient, selfless, devoted and ready to sacrifice herself for the one she loves.

She could metaphorically sacrifice herself for Naruto thinking that if she is the key to Sasuke's balance and mental health, she could sacrifice her love for Naruto and give it to Sasuke instead...

I've already read some technical points about SasuHina which make quite sense too like: she has the Byakugan thus could help Sasuke to restore his clan because Byakugan and Sharingan are related. Both had father's issues, both come from a proud clan, Hinata looks like Sasuke's mother, Madara was in love with a Hyuuga girl who loved Hashirama (I don't know if that's true or not but I've read that).

That's the reasons why I don't see that as such a crack pairing.

@ GreatKungLao Thanks for your words my friend. I'm happy to realize that I'm not the only one who feels the same about that.


Last edited by Irielo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by engetsu on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:33 am

I remember seeing a pic somewhere stating that Hinata kept her hair short because there was a rumor that Sasuke liked girls with long hair and she didn't want Naruto thinking she liked Sasuke.

I think that pretty much sums up how I feel about SH.
avatar
engetsu


Posts : 272
Gender : Male
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Azuula on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:41 am

I gotta agree, it is a pretty hot pairing. You see in RTN Hinata looked so sexy, then sasuke comes out of no where looking like a hottie, they're pretty similar xD
avatar
Azuula


Posts : 1202
Gender : Female
Location : In a land of lands.

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Bubbles on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 pm

It's a hot pairing....but I just can't see how it would work at all. Naruto and Sakura can be taken out of the picture...but what do they have in common? What could they connect on that would make them a believable ship, even crack-wise?
 
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by ClassyLPS on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:28 pm

I like it as a crack pairing, although I find a lot of people to REALLY ship it. I don't know, I'm not even sure if they actually ship it. I find sometimes it's shipped just to get Sasuke and Hinata out of the picture.
avatar
ClassyLPS


Posts : 576
Location : California, it ain't that sunny..

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Irielo wrote:Madara was in love with a Hyuuga girl who loved Hashirama (I don't know if that's true or not but I've read that).

Besides your "paranoia," you take too much stuff you read as being accurate without ever verifying. Madara's love life has NEVER been discussed in the manga or anywhere else. That's like choosing to believe all those who thought that we were going to learn that there was a Hashirama/Madara/Mito triangle when Hashirama spoke about his past with Madara. There are people who still think it's true now even though there is nothing to suggest such a thing in the manga.

You confuse even slightly possible (oh my goodness, it's possible that Naruto will be paired with some girl that has never been introduced on the very last page of the manga--and yes, that's what think SasuHina has a chance in the actual story is like), with stuff that is actually possible (NaruSaku), with what is actually probable (NaruHina).

Either you believe developments matter or you don't. If you don't believe in development, then you are going to be paranoid. If you believe in developments, then you shouldn't have a problem.

engetsu wrote:I remember seeing a pic somewhere stating that Hinata kept her hair short because there was a rumor that Sasuke liked girls with long hair and she didn't want Naruto thinking she liked Sasuke.

That's fandom speculation. That's not a fact. Personally, I hope it turns out that her hair growing had to do with her clan and not pairings (if it's ever even made an issue) as that's just "ugh" if Kishimoto ever makes that true.

Bubbles wrote:but what do they have in common? What could they connect on that would make them a believable ship, even crack-wise?

I'll put it this way because I know you like NaruHina. One of the reasons why a lot of people like NaruHina is due to the fact that both were put down by others and rose above it. Both Hinata & Sasuke were put down by their fathers in part due to their siblings. That's one of several things that they have in common besides their stubbornness (which is another thing both Naruto & Hinata share). Those of us who also know that Sasuke can be kind when he cares (or even pay attention to the fact that it was the massacre that changed his attitude the most) can easily find ways to get Hinata & Sasuke together. Hinata also wouldn't be walked over by Sasuke which is sometimes a "complaint."

There are a lot of ways to use what is given in the manga canon to get a relationship to work between the two. It's a crack ship. As with all crack ships, you'll ignore some stuff involving canon or change it eventually. However, even fan fictions that involve "canon"-like or definitely "canon" pairings take liberties, so I don't consider it a big deal.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Irielo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
Irielo wrote:Madara was in love with a Hyuuga girl who loved Hashirama (I don't know if that's true or not but I've read that).

Besides your "paranoia," you take too much stuff you read as being accurate without ever verifying. Madara's love life has NEVER been discussed in the manga or anywhere else. That's like choosing to believe all those who thought that we were going to learn that there was a Hashirama/Madara/Mito triangle when Hashirama spoke about his past with Madara. There are people who still think it's true now even though there is nothing to suggest such a thing in the manga.

You confuse even slightly possible (oh my goodness, it's possible that Naruto will be paired with some girl that has never been introduced on the very last page of the manga--and yes, that's what think SasuHina has a chance in the actual story is like), with stuff that is actually possible (NaruSaku), with what is actually probable (NaruHina).

Either you believe developments matter or you don't. If you don't believe in development, then you are going to be paranoid. If you believe in developments, then you shouldn't have a problem.ship to work between the two.

Thanks to clear up this thing regarding Madara. I put that there so that someone could confirm that or not.

Spoiler:
I don't go on Databooks etc. (maybe I should) and I thought it could be an information coming from such things but thanks again to clear that... Every story I read (mangas or others), I read it straight until it ends. That's a way to me to get a feeling about it, then after this feeling step, I re read the story and begin to analyze it step by step. Maybe that's not a good method in Naruto's case...

I believe in developments and I believe in the art of surprise too.

avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Any relationship can happen if your creative enough as all characters have something to bond over, be it personality traits, backgrounds, beliefs and whatnot.

But as canon stands, there really is no "momentum" for the SasuHina relationship at all at this point in the manga. Both Hinata and Sasuke are set in their ways and while Sasuke is still stuck in the past, lamenting over his lost clan and seeks to "right the wrongs", Hinata let go of the past turmoil with her family and now she seeks to shape her own future to the point where her family is a secondary part of her character, their paths of development do not cross. Sasuke has issues with his past to deal with and Hinata does not factor into any of it, Team 7 does, so there is no actual need to develop such a relationship within the manga as of now when other characters can more believably provide character development for Sasuke. Hinata's character development has been centered on Naruto for so long that a shift to Sasuke would be jarring to say the least.

This could change in the future with enough time to foster some sort of connection, but many developments would need to arise in order to make a romantic relationship believable in canon at this time, and, just my opinion, even though Sasuke and Hinata had a similar upbringing and they would be able to empathize with that, SasuHina would suffer from the very thing that kills NaruSaku for me and that is that their relationship would center around a third party, Naruto in this case, as Hinata would have never overcome her problems with inferiority caused by her clan if it weren't for him and has adopted his way of thinking which she would then obviously try to impart what she had learned to help Sasuke through his troubles, should any form of relationship occur between the two in the future.
Naruto is an important part of both their development, without Naruto, no real relationship could exist, as a pre-Part 1 Hinata (when she hadn't met Naruto and was on the "wrong path") would see even current Sasuke as a person just as lost as her as well as someone who would probably think of her exactly as her clan used to, therefore there would be no attraction there. Sasuke, in turn, is drawn to power, something that Hinata does not exude, but Naruto does, in spades. I'm not arguing for NaruSasu here though, it's just that Sasuke would be more interested in a rivalry with Naruto than devoting time fostering a relationship with a quiet girl that can't help him become stronger. A confident Hinata is necessary for this pairing to work and that can only happen with Naruto as a catalyst for her growth, no one else could function in that role.

At best, being extremely optimistic about Kishimoto's ability to develop side characters in future, I can see them as friends, though they wouldn't talk much as they both aren't the type to trust others with their emotions or troubles so easily, especially Hinata, as Sasuke can get fed up and angry if the right buttons are pushed.
Realistically, they will have absolutely no contact at all as I have noticed that Kishi likes to "trim the fat" of his story, so to speak, and there is no absolutely necessary reason to have both these characters interact at all, as it stands.

However, if it does indeed happen, it would piss me off less than any other Hinata crack pairings. Sasuke and Hinata are awesome characters, and I would definitely be curious as to what the ByakuSharingan can do. :P

avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Aelita on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:12 am

@Irielo Sasuhina is a crack ship because Sasuke and Hinata lack interaction. The only time they've ever spoken to each other was during a Shippuden movie where Hinata says "Sasuke-kun!" and Sasuke replies "Shut-up". It's highly unlikely that they'd actually end up together. In fact that's why so many SH fans got excited during that one page in 631, because Sasuke and Hinata even being near each other is a rare occurrence.

But you actually listed things that I like about Sasuhina. It's a crack ship that's not completely based in fantasy-- and I think that's why some NH fans *cough cough* feel so threatened by it. The things that it's based on-- Sasuke's claim to dislike noisy people, the coincidence that Hinata's just the opposite of that: quiet and shy, their similar pasts, Sasuke's dislike for his 'fangirls', Hinata being the only one never to show romantic interest in him, the noble clans, the two powerful doujutsus-- they're all canon truths. However, since Sasuke and Hinata don't really interact interact and they have never been portrayed as foils to each other, a lot of these things, as interesting as they are, are just coincidences. Where the fanon part of this ship begins is the "what if" scenario of Sasuke holding or developing romantic feelings for Hinata. However, its only a "what if" scenario. Sasuke has never shown explicit romantic interest in anyone really--It is a fantasy scenario. So while Sasuhina may be less crack-y than say ItaHina, its still crack non the less.

Some fic authors write stories where Hinata, while initially finding Sasuke intimidating and scary, eventually warms up to him. Some stories don't even include Naruto or Sakura (many AU stories do this) so neither NS or NH is even a factor. Some authors write Naruto out of the story. Some stories have Sasuhina remain one-sided on Sasuke's part. Sure none of these follow canon, but that's the point! It's doesn't necessarily have to, it's about the fantasy relationship between Sasuke and Hinata. As Yamasaki Akaiko said, obviously some canon things are going to be either ignored or changed, but that happens in just a about all fan-made things. If you were really bothered by that you wouldn't read fanfiction or look at fanart in the first place and would just stick to the canon story.

What's more sad to me are the people who seem so threaten by a ship involving Naruto and Hinata, really because it "messes" with Naruhina. (I could only imagine the fall out if some one was bold enough to make a Kibahina or Nejihina thread). What's up with this intolerance of other ships? Shipping isn't matrimony guys. You can like different ships that conflict with each other. Some one could enjoy both NS and NH, and it wouldn't make them any less of a NH shipper.
avatar
Aelita


Posts : 377
Gender : Female
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 am

^
I agree, somewhat, about that last bit :P

To me, the only thing that can make or break NH are Naruto and Hinata, as it has always been in that ship.

SasuHina isn't my cup of tea *coughanymorecough* but I won't hold anyone's preference against them. I hate tomatoes too, but I won't judge you for liking those disgusting squishy demon fruits either. (I'm looking at you Sasuke >_>) :P
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Irielo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 am

@Aelita Thanks for your comment. I just want to clear some points. If you think that I've been influenced by any SasuHina fan fiction, you're wrong. The first and only fan fictions I've watched, were the ones put on this forum dealing with NaruHina. But I admit that I've already discussed with some SasuHuna fans on another forum...

I like discussions and I usually try to follow the story with my feelings first. I've always read stories straight until the end to get a general feeling about them, then read them again to analyze them properly. Maybe that's not the right method for Naruto. That's why I have some difficulties sometimes to remember about characters' names or special Jutsus...

Like I wrote before, maybe I'm suffering from paranoia or maybe my imagination goes to far, you can call me mad man if you want but although I like and acknowledge NaruHina's development, I believe in the art of surprise as well. This scenario I wrote before, I wrote it on another forum too without being inspired by any fan fictions whatsoever.

I think sometimes everybody focuses only on NaruHina and NaruSaku. But what will happen at the end of the day if both of them don't happen and SasuHina does.? That's, to me, the art of surprise and there is still imo enough room to make it happen... Yes, call me mad man.

When NaruHina will happen, I will shed tears of joy and I'll be happy and ashamed at the same time that I was a mad man.

In another thread I can remember how GreatKungLao and engetsu were discussing about the fact that although Naruto is just a fiction, the fact that if NaruHina's love came to happen, that would make life look brighter... like a message of hope... I agree on that 100%.

I really expect to realize that I was wrong and stupid and I'll be more than happy when NaruHina happens. That's crazy but I was not interested in love matters when I started to read this manga but surprisingly, that's the thing I came to like the most and I must say, I'm a NaruHina's victim. That's why I'm here discussing with you people.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 am

^
There are no real surprises, or at least there shouldn't be, in a well written fiction. Everything has a base, a foundation, that is introduced early on and can be called back at a later time. It's a "chekhovs gun".
You might as well worry about NaruKarin or ChoujuroXHinata as those pairings also share a lot in common regarding character design and background.

Kishimoto may stretch the believability of some things in his manga, but he has taken great care to firmly establish any plot important events early one in order to develop them later. That's why I find the prospect of SasuHina happening in canon extremely unlikely, even less likely than other Hinata and Sasuke ships as they don't even share a scene together. Unless lack of any development at all is somehow now a sign of true potential canonization, I wouldn't worry too much.

Enjoy your ship and don't fret much about what others enjoy. NH has always been about them two only, even if NH sinks it doesn't really make any of these crack ships more likely, imo.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Irielo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:20 am

Thank you SenpaiSamaSan! You always have the right words to bring flying minds like me back to earth. I've just sent a message on another thread before I read what you wrote, so please don't give it too much importance.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Aelita on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 am

Irielo wrote:
When NaruHina will happen, I will shed tears of joy and I'll be happy and ashamed at the same time that I was a mad man.

In another thread I can remember how GreatKungLao and engetsu were discussing about the fact that although Naruto is just a fiction, the fact that if NaruHina's love came to happen, that would make life look brighter... like a message of hope... I agree on that 100%.

I really expect to realize that I was wrong and stupid and I'll be more than happy when NaruHina happens. That's crazy but I was not interested in love matters when I started to read this manga but surprisingly, that's the thing I came to like the most and I must say, I'm a NaruHina's victim. That's why I'm here discussing with you people.

This right here is what I am talking about.

Yes, I know you love Naruhina, Naruhina is a great pairing, you want Naruhina to happen, but why do you feel the need to say this in a thread about Sasuhina? Everybody here loves Naruhina, this is a Naurhina forum for crying out loud. But this is a thread dedicated to Sasuhina, it has nothing to do with Naruhina. Sasuhina is an interesting pairing in its own right too.

If you're so secure in Naruhina, why you do feel to need to bring it up in a thread that isn't about Naruhina? Why not talk about Naruhina in the hundreds of other threads about Naruhina on this site? There's an entire section dedicated to it. Why ruin it for the folks who came here to talk about Sasuhina? The thread isn't about whether you prefer NH to SH or about comparing NH to SH, its about Naruhina fans who also enjoy Sasuhina.
avatar
Aelita


Posts : 377
Gender : Female
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Irielo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:57 am

@ Aelita You can ask the moderators to erase my comments from this thread if you want. I have nothing against that.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by SenpaiSamaSan on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:10 am

Let's just drop the NH/SH comparisons and the their potential for canonization talk. Sorry that I contributed to that, I didn't want to ruin anyone's fun, I just felt the need to explain how I view things a bit.

Anywho, back to the topic.

Sasuke would definitely be attracted to Hinata, because honestly, who wouldn't be. Even Madara took notice of her, twice!
Both of them are sexy beasts. Not to mention Sasuke has that whole Batman thing going and Hinata has the whole Lion theme and lions are felines... all I'm saying is I wouldn't mind seeing her in leather cat -themed costume and a whip and I doubt Sasuke would either.
avatar
SenpaiSamaSan


Posts : 190
Gender : Male
Location : Your imagination

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum