Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Sakura's power development

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sakura's power development

Post by narutohokage123 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 am

The follwing text explain very well Sakura's new power. It wasn't written by me but I really agree with the whole explanation.

1. Sakura's seal vs Tsunade's seal
In the manga, the diamond seal has been referred by two names at this point. Tsunade's being the Infuin 陰封印 (Yin) seal and Sakura's being the Hyakugou 白豪の印 seal.

From translation, it's very hard to understand. 白 means white. 豪 means strength (basing this on the translation of byakugou no jutsu which is 百豪の術). の means of. 印 means seal. Based on the byakugou jutsu, I will assume her seal is called White strength seal, or Strength of a White seal.

It is safe to assume that they will differ because of the two names. This can be a plausible reason for Sakura's time spent on storing chakra. but for now, the both serve the same purpose which is storing chakra.

2. Sakura's real power and confidence
When Sakura said she could release her full power, she is referring to her full strength as shown by her punch. That does not mean increased super strength is her only power and that is why she is confident. Her confidence comes from the formation of her seal. Having the seal enables her to perform higher class jutsus that can potentially put her on par with Naruto and Sasuke (like Byakugou no Jutsu or Creation Rebirth). Her strength alone however allows her to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke without hindering them.

3. Sakura's strength and speed boost.
A lot of people are saying that the power and speed boost came from her seal, but that's wrong. When her seal was not formed, without focus she would be pulling chakra from her forehead area along with the rest of the body to perform her techniques. It takes precise chakra control to form the seal because of this reason. Now that this burden is gone, she is able to maximize her use of her chakra as explained by Kakashi.

Remember, focusing your chakra into your feet is the hardest area.
For this reason, Sakura may have not shown a speed boost before as safety precaution when she was focusing on forming the seal.

4. Foreshadowing of her power
The sanin have passed down many of their techniques down to Team 7 as shown with Sasuke and Naruto. You can only expect that Tsunade would at one point teach Sakura. Even Shizune was taught as she acknowledged she was not able to master it after the MANY years she has been following Tsunade.

Kishi had already planned the sanin and team 7 parallel from the very beginning of the manga. It's likely that he intended for Sakura to get this power up. Sakura's insecurities of her forehead also foreshadowed the likely hood of getting the seal. She will now be proud of her forehead.

The fight she had with Sasori showed that Sakura was capable of healing herself without using her hands. This is similar to Creation Rebirth, thus Sakura has had knowledge of the techniques that could be used with the seal.

5. Requirements
The part most people are bashing about is that after 3 years Sakura has finally formed the seal. First off, let's talking about learning new jutsus. Each jutsu is ranked by difficulty (E ,D, C, B, A, S). This is an S-class jutsu, thus takes the most time to master. Another S-class jutsu is the Rasenshuriken, which was derived from the rasengan (A rank) that took 3 years for Minato to perfect.

It is not as if Sakura has been constantly storing part of her chakra everyday into the seal. She has been storing what she does not need into the seal, whilst ensuring she does not pull out from the seal. This is why she is able to fight till exhaustion with Sasori. So long as the chakra in her forehead is not touched, the formation of the seal will not be disturbed.

After three years, she has mastered the chakra control needed to form the seal. It does not mean that there is three years worth of chakra in it. Since she has now mastered it, the next time she forms the seal will be a lot easier and faster.

Some people may say she does not have the chakra reserves, endurance or stamina, but since this war arc started she healed

All this without exhaustion. Just beacuse she isn't from a clan, it does not mean she did not work hard to create a fairly decent chakra reserve.

6. Why is she only using it now?
I see people complaining as to why she didn't use it in her fight with Sasori or in the Pein attack. To state it simply, it wasn't ready yet. Only three people in this manga thus far have been seen with this type of seal on their forehead: Mito Uzumaki (First hokage's wife), Tsunade and Sakura. Its complexity is acknowledged even by Shizune.

Also, the Pein arc was not a time for Sakura's new development. None of the rookies are showing any of their developments during this arc (Chouji could have fought a decent battle with his butterfly jutsu for example).

During the time between the Pein arc and the war arc, everyone had been training. The rise of new skills from the rookies is proof. During this time, Sakura would have been determined to master her seal in time for the war. So far, this war has only had one night. That means the seal was formed during the time Sakura was aiming for. It's NOT because Sasuke showed up and suddenly she's able to use it. She is only giving the two a reason as to why she believes she can fight along side them.

Now, a little resume about all this:

Well, in the most recent chapter Shizune said that Sakura has been storing part of her chakra into the seal, which means, she hasn't been adding that part of her chakra, whenever she build the chakra, into her punches so that’s why now, Sakura seems more powerful.
So when Sakura said in the recent chapter that she can finally release her full power, she was referring that now she can add how much chakra she wants in her punch since the Byakugou seal is formed, she doesn't need to constantly put part of her chakra into the seal.
Sakura doesn't use the chakra stored in her seal. The chakra she released in the chapter, was her own chakra, outside the seal!

So, as we've seen mentioned in databook, the chakra inside the yin seal becomes usable when the seal is released. How can we tell? by the patterns that go around the body.
With Sakura, as we can see by now, the seal is unreleased.

The power she shows in last chapter doesn't come form her Byakugou Seal but a consequence of no need to add more chakra to the seal.

Since she form the Byakugou Seal is highly probable that she has developed some new technique but it wasn't shown yet.

Last edited by narutohokage123 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:57 am; edited 4 times in total

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura's power development

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:26 am

Very nice post. Where did you find it?
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Very nice post. Where did you find it?

Well, the first one was by a manga fox member and think it was a excellent explanation about Sakura's power developement since many people get confused in last chapter thinking that Sakura's power was from the Yin Seal.

The other one was written by me, I know it isn't the best but is not bad. =)

Last edited by narutohokage123 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:02 am

I loved that explanation about Sakura's seal and her new strength. I was thinking to that there was still more to come from her. She truly is amazing, though I see some people still don't acknowledge it, but I know the truth. We all do and looking forward ahead!!
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 am

Really enjoyed reading this!

Sakura is a BAMF, everyone else go home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 am

Now we just need some development on her character
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:58 am

Twin Steps wrote:Now we just need some development on her character

I think this is a character development too :)

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:28 am

narutohokage123 wrote:
Twin Steps wrote:Now we just need some development on her character

I think this is a character development too :)

I know, but I don't want her to go all gaga over Sasuke. But that doesn't mean I want her to stop loving him, no way. I ship SasuSaku. But, if we look at NaruHina, Hinata went from being she, quite, and reserved with Naruto, to being a source of strength for him. That's what I want in Sakura's relation with Sasuke; still loving him, but not fangirling either.
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

^Sakura stopped fangirling Sasuke in part 1 prior to the Chuunin exams. That's not an issue.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 am

^
that's true

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 am

Sakura "Fangirl"
Spoiler:
Yeah, Sakura's attitude with Sasuke (fangirling) changed long before Hinata's toward Naruto (shy, reserved) so I never understand where this whole "fangirl" speculation is coming from. Sakura has been shown to want Sasuke back because she knows the life he chose won't make him happy, nor her. This is specifically stated back in 181.

Sasuke lets her know he is already aware of this and is choosing a large possibility of loneliness again over being happy. Sakura knows Sasuke is lonely, (the one who filled his lonely existence, was Sakura) that's why she fought so hard to keep him there. She wanted his happiness above anything else. I think that is a huge difference from simply wanting to be his girlfriend.

Sakura went from a crush on a cute boy, to seeing first hand that he is not the overall brave, powerful Sasuke-kun she once gushed about. He's normal, human, he can be hurt, a coward, killed. Yet instead of turning her nose up like a shallow fangirl would, she only falls for him more and realizes she wants to protect him (and Naruto of course), even putting his life above hers by jumping in front of a crazed Gaara with nothing but a kunai. Someone with mere shallow feelings would never do that.

Sakura also shows her change from the beginning when she DOESN'T heed Naruto and Kakashi's reassurance that Sasuke would "never" go to Orochimaru. The old fangirl would have gone to bed happily, knowing the brave, wonderful Sasuke-kun would never do such a thing. The Sakura of 181 went to try and stop the boy she loved.

There's so much more I can say against the whole "Sakura is just fangirling/crushing" but I'll stop here. x3
As for Sakura's powerup? Loved it! I love this post as well, good find:
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 am

Hyakugou, huh? Well.... so long as it isn't the Hōgyoku we're good.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:53 am

eromreven wrote:Hyakugou, huh? Well.... so long as it isn't the Hōgyoku we're good.

Managstream translated "Hyakugou Seal" but in reality it's called "Byakugou no In" meaning "White Strengh seal", this pretty much say that Sakura's seal when release it will have a different propose than Tsuande's seal.

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:54 am

Bubbles wrote:Sakura "Fangirl"
Spoiler:
Yeah, Sakura's attitude with Sasuke (fangirling) changed long before Hinata's toward Naruto (shy, reserved) so I never understand where this whole "fangirl" speculation is coming from. Sakura has been shown to want Sasuke back because she knows the life he chose won't make him happy, nor her. This is specifically stated back in 181.

Sasuke lets her know he is already aware of this and is choosing a large possibility of loneliness again over being happy. Sakura knows Sasuke is lonely, (the one who filled his lonely existence, was Sakura) that's why she fought so hard to keep him there. She wanted his happiness above anything else. I think that is a huge difference from simply wanting to be his girlfriend.

Sakura went from a crush on a cute boy, to seeing first hand that he is not the overall brave, powerful Sasuke-kun she once gushed about. He's normal, human, he can be hurt, a coward, killed. Yet instead of turning her nose up like a shallow fangirl would, she only falls for him more and realizes she wants to protect him (and Naruto of course), even putting his life above hers by jumping in front of a crazed Gaara with nothing but a kunai. Someone with mere shallow feelings would never do that.

Sakura also shows her change from the beginning when she DOESN'T heed Naruto and Kakashi's reassurance that Sasuke would "never" go to Orochimaru. The old fangirl would have gone to bed happily, knowing the brave, wonderful Sasuke-kun would never do such a thing. The Sakura of 181 went to try and stop the boy she loved.

There's so much more I can say against the whole "Sakura is just fangirling/crushing" but I'll stop here. x3
As for Sakura's powerup? Loved it! I love this post as well, good find:

Totally agree =)

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:56 am

^^
Glad you liked my post! :3

As for Sakura's seal?
OMGGUIZILOVEDIT!
I was all GO SAKURA, GO SAKURA!

Partly because I'm her fan, and partly because I hated all that crap
about "Sakura will be fodder/background scenery forever!" >_>

WHAT NOW?!
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:25 pm

I know, she is amazing and will always be one of my most favorite characters. I just ignore peoples comments that bash her and say things that are not at all true. I believe they just don't want to acknowledge her, so they keep on denying it. Her fangirling definitely ended along time ago and fell in love with Sasuke for who he was. I find it sweet and am glad she still does.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum