Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements

Post by CoolChels on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Probably even better with hair long.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 pm

This may have been covered already but I want to address the "The hand hold wasn't romantic/it was only symbolic/it was only a show of support and friendship/it was mainly a chakra transfer/its not romantic cause they weren't blushing and smiling" argument.

First of all, the fact that hand holding is a romantic gesture alone makes it noteworthy. They don't need to be giggling and blushing like love struck school girls (which would have been incredibly inappropriate for the situation) to give the moment romantic undertones.  Naruto gently taking and holding the hand of the girl who he now is aware is in love with him, and thanking her for staying by his side does the job just fine

Secondly I want to bring up a literary device called repetition.
Wikipedia defines repetition as: "
the simple repeating of a word [in this case an image], within a sentence or a poetical line, with no particular placement of the words, in order to provide emphasis."

Kishimoto has used a lot of repetition with the image of Hinata and Naruto holding hands. First in all the panels in 615 of Naruto gently taking Hinata’s hand, thanking her and transferring chakra to her with that editor’s note of “never letting go of her hand!”. Then briefly in 616, then on a volume cover where they’re separated from the rest of the alliance looking into each other’s eyes. And in 633 when Hinata thinks back to the hand hold to draw stength.
Remember, this is  written fictional work. Alot of emphasis has been put on that moment, and you have to question why.

To illustrate the emphasis put on Naruto and Hinata holding hands through repetition:

That's alot of hand holding for a moment that's not supposed to be that important cause you know, it was just a chakra transfer/one-sided/show of support/platonic/friendship/whatever else lame excuse comes up to try to discredit this moment.

(credits for the image go to me :D, It's not that pretty cause I need to get better at Photoshop, but I worked hard lol)
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:02 pm

There will always be an excuse as to why Naruto holding Hinata's hand doesn't mean much, but what these arguments don't take into consideration is the context of the situation. This situation was and is still highly important for NaruHina, it was the first time he held a girls hand in a romantic fashion, it was the second time he acknowledged Hinata's love for him (counting 559)

there has been so much emphasis on Naruto holding Hinata's hand that there is nothing to discredit anymore, what I am saying now, (not sure if everyone agrees) is that NaruHina is basically canon as of chapter 615. We all can see the direction this is heading.

I agree with you Aelita, all Naruto had to do was only say thanks to Hinata and smile at her gently, that is what gives this moment context. If they were giggling and blushing for the entire time, it would be a no win for Kishi, since the arguments will then say why did Kishi do that, it was totally inappropriate

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Aelita wrote:This may have been covered already but I want to address the "The hand hold wasn't romantic/it was only symbolic/it was only a show of support and friendship/it was mainly a chakra transfer/its not romantic cause they weren't blushing and smiling" argument.

First of all, the fact that hand holding is a romantic gesture alone makes it noteworthy. They don't need to be giggling and blushing like love struck school girls (which would have been incredibly inappropriate for the situation) to give the moment romantic undertones.  Naruto gently taking and holding the hand of the girl who he now is aware is in love with him, and thanking her for staying by his side does the job just fine

the simple repeating of a word [in this case an image], within a sentence or a poetical line, with no particular placement of the words, in order to provide emphasis."

Kishimoto has used a lot of repetition with the image of Hinata and Naruto holding hands. First in all the panels in 615 of Naruto gently taking Hinata’s hand, thanking her and transferring chakra to her with that editor’s note of “never letting go of her hand!”. Then briefly in 616, then on a volume cover where they’re separated from the rest of the alliance looking into each other’s eyes. And in 633 when Hinata thinks back to the hand hold to draw stength.
Remember, this is  written fictional work. Alot of emphasis has been put on that moment, and you have to question why.

To illustrate the emphasis put on Naruto and Hinata holding hands through repetition:

That's alot of hand holding for a moment that's not supposed to be that important cause you know, it was just a chakra transfer/one-sided/show of support/platonic/friendship/whatever else lame excuse comes up to try to discredit this moment.

(credits for the image go to me :D, It's not that pretty cause I need to get better at Photoshop, but I worked hard lol)

I love how much this makes sense!~
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Nicely put, Aelita. I was saying something similar in the Anti-NarSak thread.
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Aelita wrote:This may have been covered already but I want to address the "The hand hold wasn't romantic/it was only symbolic/it was only a show of support and friendship/it was mainly a chakra transfer/its not romantic cause they weren't blushing and smiling" argument.

Well damn, just don't this beat all.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:53 pm

^ I'll say. ^.^
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 am

Hello everybody here. I'm quite new. Just wanted to say that I love to come here to cool down. That's not easy to discuss with some fans who just don't have any solid argument and just insult.

I use to discuss about my favorite pairing, NaruHina on some naruto's pairing forum. The last crazy thing I read a NS argument that Naruto and Sakura parallel Minato and Kushina because they have nearly the same hair color.

I mean where are we going?
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:49 am

@Irielo
Please try to avoid talking about NS fans, refer to them as NS, NarSak, or it, if you're feeling fancy.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about, the same hair same temper is one of the biggest NS arguments. Parallels are the backbone of the NaruSaku pairing. NS will try to parallel everything they can, it has little focus on the relationship between Naruto and Sakura.
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:07 am

Thanks for the tips and sorry I'm quite crap at putting pictures etc. Better for me to write.

Since nearly one month I'm trying my best to defend NaruHina, but until now nobody from the NS side could come with interesting arguments.

Instead I or the whole NaruHina fandom get insulted. Worst of all, we were always very polite and civilized.

What really breaks my heart is when they begin to bash about Hinata's character... That's why I'm starting to thing that they have nothing to argue apart bashing and insulting. So, is it worth to give them such importance?

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:23 am

Some here would say that NS has a chance, and some would say NS has no chance. I'm kind of in between, I don't think NS will happen, but, I'm not going to say how much I doubt it. You know?
I hate Hinata bashing, I don't bash Sakura, I like Sakura. Lots think that just because I ship NaruHina then I automatically hate Sakura.. I'm anti NaruSaku not anti Sakura..
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:47 am

The same for me. I like Sakura too and I'm expecting her to do something if Sasuke turns mad again.

I would like to see her for once punch Sasuke and bring him back to his senses. I would like to see him cry for forgiveness to her. But I guess he's too proud for it.

Let's face it, Sasuke was always a goal for Sakura. She kept loving him although he tried to kill her, although he nearly succeeded to kill her best friend Naruto. Now pretending that Sakura all of a sudden will end together with Naruto is just not credible, not plausible and not believable regarding the whole story.

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 am

Irielo wrote:Thanks for the tips and sorry I'm quite crap at putting pictures etc. Better for me to write.

Since nearly one month I'm trying my best to defend NaruHina, but until now nobody from the NS side could come with interesting arguments.

Instead I or the whole NaruHina fandom get insulted. Worst of all, we were always very polite and civilized.

What really breaks my heart is when they begin to bash about Hinata's character... That's why I'm starting to thing that they have nothing to argue apart bashing and insulting. So, is it worth to give them such importance?

And that's exactly why that's the best the zombie can come of with is these parallels. It can't come of up with anything that's reasonable and logical and makes sense. And when it gets called out on it's BS it starts to bash Hinata's character as a whole and degrade all the important events that have to deal with her and naruhina together. But don't let it get you down. I know plenty of us on this forum have had the same problems when it comes to the "zombie", me included.

Also feel free to refer to NaruSaku as the "zombie" as well as NS, NarSak, or NS :)
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:29 pm

I know how frustrating it can be. I used to just post my opinion on the matter and be done with it. I don't even bother anymore when it comes to it. Just a waste of time and I just ignore all of that bashing or warring. It makes no sense what so ever to hate either Hinata or Sakura, because I love them both.  There has also been the use to pair Sasuke and Hinata up with others to try and get them out of the picture all together that makes no sense, cause neither are going anywhere! 
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzumaki Neji on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 pm

CoolChels wrote:I know how frustrating it can be. I used to just post my opinion on the matter and be done with it. I don't even bother anymore when it comes to it. Just a waste of time and I just ignore all of that bashing or warring. It makes no sense what so ever to hate either Hinata or Sakura, because I love them both.  There has also been the use to pair Sasuke and Hinata up with others to try and get them out of the picture all together that makes no sense, cause neither are going anywhere! 
Lol@ns side shipping SasuHina, they have never even talked to each other.

Uzumaki Neji

Back to top Go down

Post by IIRUNEII on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 pm

phoenixmiko wrote:People said…

Hinata was weak and cowardly, she had no drive, she was a stalker who admired Naruto, that she did not love him (and if she did, she would never confess), that NaruHina had little to no development, that Naruto had a crush on Sakura and would never look her way or care about her…but it turned out that:

• Hinata was not a stalker

• she did love as well as admire Naruto

• NaruHina received substantial development

• Naruto did more than look her way; he acknowledged her, empathised with and let down his guard around her

• Hinata was strong and fearless

• she and Naruto shared the same ninja way

• she did more than confess to Naruto; she saved his life and sacrificed herself for him

• Naruto cared about her to the extent that rage consumed him when it seemed she had been killed and he let the Kyuubi take over

• Her apparent death enraged and pained him so much that when he transformed, he grew six tails and almost reached nine; this was after he had sworn to never use the fox’s power again

• He became furious with Neji for hurting her feelings and seriously injuring her, vowing with her blood dripping from his fingers that he would win

• Hinata restored Naruto’s resolve after seeing her cousin die, staying strong for him

• She promised that she would stop running to catch up with him and that she would walk by his side, holding his hand after the war

• They fought and walked side by side during the war and Naruto held her hand

• Naruto did more than notice her presence watching him; he recognised that she had been by his side the whole time and thanked her, declaring that his life was no longer his own

• He gave Kyuubi chakra to her first

• He swore to change the Hyuuga clan when he became Hokage

• Hinata was the first one to ever acknowledge him, the one person who never feared him and who always believed in him - even back when the whole village hated his very existence

any girl that is shy that has a crush acts the way she did so not so unusual...  
IIRUNEII

Back to top Go down

Post by ~TowardsTheSun~ on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:23 pm

phoenixmiko wrote:People said…

Hinata was weak and cowardly, she had no drive, she was a stalker who admired Naruto, that she did not love him (and if she did, she would never confess), that NaruHina had little to no development, that Naruto had a crush on Sakura and would never look her way or care about her…but it turned out that:

• Hinata was not a stalker

• she did love as well as admire Naruto

• NaruHina received substantial development

• Naruto did more than look her way; he acknowledged her, empathised with and let down his guard around her

• Hinata was strong and fearless

• she and Naruto shared the same ninja way

• she did more than confess to Naruto; she saved his life and sacrificed herself for him

• Naruto cared about her to the extent that rage consumed him when it seemed she had been killed and he let the Kyuubi take over

• Her apparent death enraged and pained him so much that when he transformed, he grew six tails and almost reached nine; this was after he had sworn to never use the fox’s power again

• He became furious with Neji for hurting her feelings and seriously injuring her, vowing with her blood dripping from his fingers that he would win

• Hinata restored Naruto’s resolve after seeing her cousin die, staying strong for him

• She promised that she would stop running to catch up with him and that she would walk by his side, holding his hand after the war

• They fought and walked side by side during the war and Naruto held her hand

• Naruto did more than notice her presence watching him; he recognised that she had been by his side the whole time and thanked her, declaring that his life was no longer his own

• He gave Kyuubi chakra to her first

• He swore to change the Hyuuga clan when he became Hokage

• Hinata was the first one to ever acknowledge him, the one person who never feared him and who always believed in him - even back when the whole village hated his very existence

Very nice list indeed. Counters most if not all of NS arguments.
~TowardsTheSun~

Back to top Go down

Post by IIRUNEII on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 am

Uzumaki Neji wrote:
CoolChels wrote:I know how frustrating it can be. I used to just post my opinion on the matter and be done with it. I don't even bother anymore when it comes to it. Just a waste of time and I just ignore all of that bashing or warring. It makes no sense what so ever to hate either Hinata or Sakura, because I love them both.  There has also been the use to pair Sasuke and Hinata up with others to try and get them out of the picture all together that makes no sense, cause neither are going anywhere! 
Lol@ns side shipping SasuHina, they have never even talked to each other.
I know, some logic has to be lacking here...

id like kishi to hear sasu hina ideas and make a weird face at it
IIRUNEII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum