Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

[Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by dovey on Sun May 26, 2013 2:11 pm

I've been unable to use the multi-quote feature.

These are the steps I use, as someone explained to me:
1]Click "multi-quote" on all of the things you want to reply to, except the last one.
2]Click "quote" on the last thing

I don't know if this is correct, but I've also tried every other combination imaginable, and it always ends up quoting only the last thing.

The only reason I'm making a thread on this is because I saw someone else was having problems too. Maybe there are others, and this thread can clear up any confusions.

So... if I'm doing this wrong, let me know. If not, well... I don't know.
avatar
dovey


Posts : 483
Gender : Female
Location : CANONLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Azuula on Sun May 26, 2013 7:17 pm

I must be old fashioned as I just manually add my own QUOTE and /QUOTE (wrapped with [ ] brackets) around the passage I'm quoting lol

yes it does confuse me too, i'll ask sanji about this. he might know the solution :)
avatar
Azuula


Posts : 1202
Gender : Female
Location : In a land of lands.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Rayleigh on Sun May 26, 2013 7:22 pm

solution:

you select all the quotes you want to quote by the "multi quote" feature and once you have done that, then you must clikc POST REPLY at the top left corner of the thread and walla ! :)
avatar
Rayleigh


Posts : 88
Gender : Male
Location : In a world where I was born lol

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Azuula on Sun May 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Azuula wrote: I must be old fashioned as I just manually add my own QUOTE and /QUOTE (wrapped with [ ] brackets) around the passage I'm quoting lol

yes it does confuse me too, i'll ask sanji about this. he might know the solution :)

Sanji wrote:solution:

you select all the quotes you want to quote by the "multi quote" feature and once you have done that, then you must clikc POST REPLY at the top left corner of the thread and walla ! :)

---------------------------------------

aha, thanks sanji, it works :D
Dovey, if you still have trouble, please inform me and i'll lend you some picture steps. If it's passed through and working fine with you, i'll need to call this thread as solved.
avatar
Azuula


Posts : 1202
Gender : Female
Location : In a land of lands.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Yuri on Mon May 27, 2013 1:16 am

Sanji wrote:solution:

you select all the quotes you want to quote by the "multi quote" feature and once you have done that, then you must clikc POST REPLY at the top left corner of the thread and walla ! :)

I always do it this way

_________________
Naruto and his waifu <3
avatar
Yuri


Posts : 798
Gender : Female
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Mon May 27, 2013 2:05 am

ɢɨɳ ★ wrote:
Sanji wrote:solution:

you select all the quotes you want to quote by the "multi quote" feature and once you have done that, then you must clikc POST REPLY at the top left corner of the thread and walla ! :)

I always do it this way

Yeah, that's the only way it works here. However, if you are used to different message boards, it might work differently. At NarutoForums for instance, the multi-quote option works exactly the way dovey was trying to do it (click "multi-quote" for each post, then "quote" on the last one, and all of the quoted posts will show up).
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Yuri on Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
ɢɨɳ ★ wrote:
Sanji wrote:solution:

you select all the quotes you want to quote by the "multi quote" feature and once you have done that, then you must clikc POST REPLY at the top left corner of the thread and walla ! :)

I always do it this way

Yeah, that's the only way it works here. However, if you are used to different message boards, it might work differently. At NarutoForums for instance, the multi-quote option works exactly the way dovey was trying to do it (click "multi-quote" for each post, then "quote" on the last one, and all of the quoted posts will show up).

I see now. Well, for the forums I've been at, it works in the same way as it does here.

Anyway dovey, try this out and tell us if it was a succes

_________________
Naruto and his waifu <3
avatar
Yuri


Posts : 798
Gender : Female
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by dovey on Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 am

dovey wrote:I've been unable to use the multi-quote feature.

These are the steps I use, as someone explained to me:
1]Click "multi-quote" on all of the things you want to reply to, except the last one.
2]Click "quote" on the last thing

I don't know if this is correct, but I've also tried every other combination imaginable, and it always ends up quoting only the last thing.

The only reason I'm making a thread on this is because I saw someone else was having problems too. Maybe there are others, and this thread can clear up any confusions.

So... if I'm doing this wrong, let me know. If not, well... I don't know.

Sanji wrote:solution:

you select all the quotes you want to quote by the "multi quote" feature and once you have done that, then you must clikc POST REPLY at the top left corner of the thread and walla ! :)

Thank you, Sanji! :3
avatar
dovey


Posts : 483
Gender : Female
Location : CANONLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Azuula on Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 am

Solved! Locked.
avatar
Azuula


Posts : 1202
Gender : Female
Location : In a land of lands.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Solved]Multi-Quote Issue

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum