Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Naruto Chapter 631 Misunderstanding

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Naruto Chapter 631 Misunderstanding

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun May 26, 2013 11:11 am

^Don't expect logical arguments on those kind of details. It's similar to the constant "argument" that Naruto only held Hinata's hand to make her feel better about Neji's death when Hinata's speech to Naruto was about her making Naruto feel better about Neji's death. Clearly, Hinata didn't need Naruto's assistance on that matter but that's what the hand-holding was about (when someone is not using the "chakra" reason).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 am

Guys, I finally have access to the japnese translations raw.

Naruto answer was a "joke" based on Sakura's fakefession and that's is the reason why she got mad immediately after.

So now NS fans can go to their cave again !!!

Using this raw:
Spoiler:

1. In the first panel on the right, starting from the second speech bubble, Minato says:

"Thanks for recovering Naruto [from illness]...I wonder if that could be Naruto's girlfriend?"

Now a few things that are important to note:
•Minato says "-ka na?" when asking about Naruto's girlfriend, meaning that he is saying this outloud, but it's like he is talking to himself. He is thinking outloud.

•Minato uses the word "kanojyo". This word can mean either "girlfriend/lover" or "her". However, Minato says "Naruto no kanojyo", which is possessive, meaning it is "Naruto's kanojyo". In this structure, the only meaning of the word can be "girlfriend/lover". It is not possible for it to have the other meaning of "her", as it makes no sense in the structure given. There is no question that this means "Naruto's girlfriend/lover".

2. Now on to the second panel on the left.

Naruto says in the first (triple) speech bubble on the right:

"Um~"
"Huh?/Yeah?"
"Yeah!"

Important things to note here:•In the first bubble, "U~n" (translated as "Um~") indicates that Naruto is thinking about it.

3. In his second speech bubble, Naruto says:

"Well, something like that.../Well, something along the lines of that..."

Important things to note here:•"Maa sonna kanji datte..." is the romanization. There is no "tokoro" and therefore no ambiguity in what is being said.

•Naruto was not cut off. The [...] means that he trailed off, not that he was cut off.

• The "datte" could refer to "dattebayo", as in Naruto's catchphrase. However, this could also have a different meaning. When "datte" comes at the end of a sentence, it usually means that someone is being quoted, as in "s/he said". If looking at it this way, you get the following:

"Well, she said something like that.../Well, she said something along the lines of that..."

This a viable possibility due to the fact that Naruto could be paraphrasing Sakura's confession.

Naruto wasn't being a d*** to Hinata he was just referring to Sakura's falsefession and it was because of that she become mad.

Last edited by narutohokage123 on Thu May 30, 2013 8:59 am; edited 4 times in total

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 am

^oh man that is pure gold, but still the die hard NS fans will simply not let this rest, can we please have the link to that, I would love to see it with my own eyes.

I always though that Naruto replied with a little sarcasm, but man this is the icing on the cake. or in my case the top beer in the pub.

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am

51-mustang wrote:^oh man that is pure gold, but still the die hard NS fans will simply not let this rest, can we please have the link to that, I would love to see it with my own eyes.

I always though that Naruto replied with a little sarcasm, but man this is the icing on the cake. or in my case the top beer in the pub.

The raw:
Spoiler:
and the explanation was give by a native speaker.

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Tue May 28, 2013 3:23 am

So no matter how we look at it, this one didn't constitute as an NS moment, and they were celebrating far too early, it's like Kishi pulled an April fools joke at the end of May, So everyone misinterpreted it in a way, but as I said biased NS fans simply will not let this rest, they will still consider it an NS moment.

even NS fans in general will not accept this as a joke, but oh well at least we know and have a reliable translation which has helped us break it down to find out what the meaning of it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 am

51-mustang wrote:So no matter how we look at it, this one didn't constitute as an NS moment, and they were celebrating far too early, it's like Kishi pulled an April fools joke at the end of May, So everyone misinterpreted it in a way, but as I said biased NS fans simply will not let this rest, they will still consider it an NS moment.
even NS fans in general will not accept this as a joke, but oh well at least we know and have a reliable translation which has helped us break it down to find out what the meaning of it was.

To the international readers was like that but I read many people saying that japanese readers totally understand the chapter and any type of misunderstood happen, just NS though that was somewhat a NS moment.

But since the first time I read the English translation by his answer and face's expression I notice Naruto was insinuate something and that Sakura really didn't like and hit him.

But of course NS fans will deny it and still saying that Naruto said that Sakura's his girlfriend when he didn't. But I don't really care anymore since the moment I saw one NS saying that Sakura doesn't love Sasuke anymore and she have a thing for Naruto.

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS on Tue May 28, 2013 3:41 am

I seriously don't know why some NS fans think she has a thing for Naruto, I mean, it's been confirmed how many times she loves Sasuke still.
Am I missing something? Because I might be reading an entirely different manga if that's what's actually going on.
=_=
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 am

^Well let that NS fan think what he/she wants it's a democracy so I will not stop them from saying such things (no matter how much it is proven wrong) in fact I have seen a few NS fans say that, but I just sit there with my head in my hands laughing at them because we have seen no evidence of Sakura being in love with Naruto, in fact we have seen no evidence since 437 of Naruto being in love with Sakura, I just felt that NS was resolved in 470 when she did that fakefession, and he said he hates people that lie to themselves.
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Tue May 28, 2013 3:53 am

NS think that NH are to bias and do not mention that they criticize SS fan too.

One time I was reading a post about naruto pairings popularity polls and the polls confirmed that when comes worldwide NaruHina comes first and then SasuSaku.

But in Japan SasuSaku totally prevails even NaruHina comes below and NaruSaku even more below.

Look what a NaruSaku fan answer to that post:

"umm...that's a poplularity poll vote by fans so I will not givecredit"

..... LMFAO

I want mention one more thing, I think Masashi don't even know that NaruSaku have fans since in Japan the most popular pairing by far is SasuSaku and the homo pairings like IrukaxKakashi and NarutoxSasuke are very popular there too....oh and SakuraxKakashi is more popular than NaruSaku ... -.-

sorry for my bad english...

Last edited by narutohokage123 on Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Tue May 28, 2013 4:07 am

Oh right, I see the error of our ways a little NS can mean two things.

NaruSasu and NaruSaku, lol. I think we better use NaruSaku more often, oh screw that NaruSaku would never prevail at anything anyway, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Wed May 29, 2013 5:43 am

As if everything we've cleared up so far wasn't enough, Kishimoto confirmed in chapter 632 that Naruto was just "poking fun of Sakura" on the previous chapter.

Booya!

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:21 am

So we can safely say it was a trolololol?
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Wed May 29, 2013 7:51 am

Yes, we can indeed say safely that it was a trolololol
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah especially when Sakura reverted back to her old self and called for Sasuke Kun, it was safe to say that NaruSaku got trolled, big time.
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Izou on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Sooo...that's what she said?
Ryuu Izou

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 am

Yep, if that doesn't prove to others that she still loves Sasuke, then I don't know what will and you even have the proof that there was a joke on Naruto's part!!
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:09 pm

CoolChels wrote:Yep, if that doesn't prove to others that she still loves Sasuke, then I don't know what will and you even have the proof that there was a joke on Naruto's part!!

well the joke was bad, but overall the context was the same, Naruto and Sakura aren't romantically interested in one another anymore, I have even tried talking to a NaruSaku fan about the whole situation, an man it is like trying to talk to a brick wall, no matter how much you tell them it was nothing but a tease from Naruto, this person defended it, they even defended it by saying that if the hokage is your father then it's a done deal, I would counter by saying that Minato was alive for a whole 1 hour of Naruto's life so it doesn't count. still didn't get the message, this person continued to defend it no matter what even when a NaruSaku fan admitted that their pairing was trolled, I have even seen some NaruSaku fans admit to the fact that their pairing will most likely never happen because of the fact that Sakura still loves Sasuke and that will never change.

I guess talking to pairing fans that put more into their pairings than the story, is like talking to a brick wall reinforced by steel

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:22 pm

51-mustang wrote:
CoolChels wrote:Yep, if that doesn't prove to others that she still loves Sasuke, then I don't know what will and you even have the proof that there was a joke on Naruto's part!!

well the joke was bad, but overall the context was the same, Naruto and Sakura aren't romantically interested in one another anymore, I have even tried talking to a NaruSaku fan about the whole situation, an man it is like trying to talk to a brick wall, no matter how much you tell them it was nothing but a tease from Naruto, this person defended it, they even defended it by saying that if the hokage is your father then it's a done deal, I would counter by saying that Minato was alive for a whole 1 hour of Naruto's life so it doesn't count. still didn't get the message, this person continued to defend it no matter what even when a NaruSaku fan admitted that their pairing was trolled, I have even seen some NaruSaku fans admit to the fact that their pairing will most likely never happen because of the fact that Sakura still loves Sasuke and that will never change.

I guess talking to pairing fans that put more into their pairings than the story, is like talking to a brick wall reinforced by steel

It's a shame when people won't listen to reason and logic and facts...I'm sure it can be frustrating at times but during those times I tend to just tune the person out and continue with my day~
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:54 pm

kagome1991 wrote:
51-mustang wrote:

It's a shame when people won't listen to reason and logic and facts...I'm sure it can be frustrating at times but during those times I tend to just tune the person out and continue with my day~

There comes a time when that you just look at their comment and facepalm yourself, laugh and then do absolutely nothing, sometimes that is the best thing you can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:17 pm

^ I've been known to facepalm myself and laugh on numerous occasions because of this~
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 pm

well it's pretty clear what we know, so there is no worry what so ever.

the one thing about chapter 631, is that it didn't have a romantic tone, that was made clear over 160 chapters ago when NaruSaku pretty much ended, but then there are these die hards that want to make it look like something when it really wasn't much at all.

oh well, not much can be done

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 pm

It's just my impression or after chapter 632, NaruSaku fans are too quiet?! -,-

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 pm

narutohokage123 wrote:It's just my impression or after chapter 632, NaruSaku fans are too quiet?! -,-

they are quiet because they know that they got trolled, they know that Sasuke is at the battlefield and Sakura ignored Naruto in favour of Sasuke. of course they are quiet, this is the type of quiet I like from NaruSaku fans, they know that NaruSaku is on life support, too bad one more NaruHina moment would shut down that life support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:08 am

narutohokage123 wrote:It's just my impression or after chapter 632, NaruSaku fans are too quiet?! -,-

They're not quite at all.

Sakura blushing? That's just dirt on her face.

Sakura being happy to see Sasuke? Lol of course, they're FRIENDZ

Sasuke smirking at Sakura? He's just impressed, that's all.

Naruto implying 631 Ns moment was a joke? No it wasn't, just look at chapter.....blah blah blah....see this panel?......his face is.... blah blah blah
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Twin Steps wrote:

They're not quite at all.

Sakura blushing? That's just dirt on her face.

Sakura being happy to see Sasuke? Lol of course, they're FRIENDZ

Sasuke smirking at Sakura? He's just impressed, that's all.

Naruto implying 631 Ns moment was a joke? No it wasn't, just look at chapter.....blah blah blah....see this panel?......his face is.... blah blah blah

Yeah that's basically what I was seeing from NS fans. Straight denial. It's so sad...
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum