Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Rant about Hinata's Confession

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rant about Hinata's Confession

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu May 30, 2013 11:06 pm

I agree with Alasteir. I don't think it would've mattered at the end. I don't think Hinata moves fast enough to have been able to land it before Pain noticed regardless.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Fri May 31, 2013 4:30 am

Hinata's flashback was quite interesting now that you have mentioned it. Someone mentioned that it could be a memory sequence, I agree with that but I don't believe that it happened after the confession though. It had to have happened before the whole confession.

I also feel the same as a lot of you about the crap I hear that Naruto has just ignored Hinata's confession time and time again, which I'm sure is not the case. I never was really worried that he never replied to it due to the fact this war happening and the whole Sasuke thing, so I can understand that he couldn't do anything about it at the moment. But you can tell with some of Naruto's flashbacks that he's been thinking about it. So he basically needs to fully think about things and how to approach this since Hinata is the first and only girl to tell Naruto that she loves him.

Someone also mentioned that since Naruto couldn't just reply to Hinata's confession and go with her without sorting his own feelings out first and I agree. So that's since from chapters 437, 559 and on, I believe that Naruto keeps Hinata in high regard in his mind due to the fact that he now knows how far she will go for him and that she loves him. I mean if someone tried to save me and almost died in the process they'll be on my mind a lot of the time.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Fri May 31, 2013 5:48 am

Naruto told everyone "let me handle this, everyone stay outta my way."

he was basically having a mexican stand-off (1 against 6).

Someone on a Youtube video debating a NS (former NH fan) about what Hinata did, He (the NH fan) said "Hinata was inbetween her nindo and maternal instincit. When she hit the middle ground, she did what she did."
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone on Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 am

kagome1991 wrote:Hinata's flashback was quite interesting now that you have mentioned it. Someone mentioned that it could be a memory sequence, I agree with that but I don't believe that it happened after the confession though. It had to have happened before the whole confession.

I also feel the same as a lot of you about the crap I hear that Naruto has just ignored Hinata's confession time and time again, which I'm sure is not the case. I never was really worried that he never replied to it due to the fact this war happening and the whole Sasuke thing, so I can understand that he couldn't do anything about it at the moment. But you can tell with some of Naruto's flashbacks that he's been thinking about it. So he basically needs to fully think about things and how to approach this since Hinata is the first and only girl to tell Naruto that she loves him.

Someone also mentioned that since Naruto couldn't just reply to Hinata's confession and go with her without sorting his own feelings out first and I agree. So that's since from chapters 437, 559 and on, I believe that Naruto keeps Hinata in high regard in his mind due to the fact that he now knows how far she will go for him and that she loves him. I mean if someone tried to save me and almost died in the process they'll be on my mind a lot of the time.

Naruto also had a lot on his mind after the Nagato fight - Tsunade's condition, dealing with the realization he was finally acknowledged by the whole village, what was left of the village, finding out his father is Minato. Of course those issues would have sorted themselves out with enough time to address Hinata's confession. . .then a certain Emo had to go and mess things up which skewered Naruto's priorities. . .
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulFire on Fri May 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Graeystone wrote:

Hey, are you stalking me on the Internet!
. . .
. .
Nice to see you here Soul!

Aelita - Hinata didn't go in the battle with in intent of dying. She tried to back attack Deva Pain and it would've worked if Naruto hadn't done this-

Spoiler:

Don't see it? Manga goes right to left. The first panel is Hinata's sneak attack. The second panel in sequence is Naruto directly looking at Hinata! Deva Pain/Nagato noticed the surprised look on Naruto's face and knew something up which was practically verified by Ko in the last panel. In a fight that is the most stupidest thing a person can do is give away an ally's position like that. To me that is one hell of a black mark against NaruHina. Not only does Naruto owe Hinata a thank you and answer to her confession but also an apology for doing something no trained soldier should never do.

Hey Graeystone! More like you're stalking me! I've been around here for a little while!

Of course Naruto gave Hinata away! Had she been able to strike Deva Pain from behind it might have been game over, but once she was on his radar she had no chance. I don't blame Naruto, though. I think the sight of her leaping into the fray completely surprised and startled him--he wasn't expecting aid and there she was, flying in from nowhere. If nothing else, his eyes were first drawn to the movement. Whichever, it completely screwed up the rescue attempt!
SoulFire

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Fri May 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Graeystone wrote:
kagome1991 wrote:Hinata's flashback was quite interesting now that you have mentioned it. Someone mentioned that it could be a memory sequence, I agree with that but I don't believe that it happened after the confession though. It had to have happened before the whole confession.

Naruto also had a lot on his mind after the Nagato fight - Tsunade's condition, dealing with the realization he was finally acknowledged by the whole village, what was left of the village, finding out his father is Minato. Of course those issues would have sorted themselves out with enough time to address Hinata's confession. . .then a certain Emo had to go and mess things up which skewered Naruto's priorities. . .

You're right about those other things he had to worry about. He basically had too much things to think about.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 am

kagome1991 wrote:You're right about those other things he had to worry about. He basically had too much things to think about.
Yeah well. . .
Spoiler:

Every time he shows up, someone gets hurt or goes through a whole lot of needless suffering happens.
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:19 am

Graeystone wrote:
kagome1991 wrote:You're right about those other things he had to worry about. He basically had too much things to think about.
Yeah well. . .
Spoiler:

Every time he shows up, someone gets hurt or goes through a whole lot of needless suffering happens.

It's scary how much this rings true...
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am

Alright, let's get back onto the topic shall we?

time to return to Hinata's confession, maybe we should do a slight comparison as well, how about Sakura's confession to Naruto?

Okay so let's start with Sakura's confession, now there was a purpose but let's be real about it, as confirmed by Sai himself Sakura wasn't there to confess her love, she was there to tell Naruto that his comrades were going to dispose of Sasuke. Now when I think about it more I find that her confession had to serve at least 3 purposes, 1. she wanted Naruto to return to the village and to drop the promise of a lifetime, 2. she was going to chase after Sasuke herself even if it meant her life and 3. (well this is just a theory) she didn't want Naruto to forgive her for the pain (not just physically, but emotionally as well) she caused him. I would say that two of those things failed while the other succeeded in a way, what we need to remember is that the confession itself was centred around Sasuke, which is why NaruSaku was mostly about anyway.

Now we all know that Naruto was angered by the confession, not only because he knew that Sakura was never in love with him but in love with Sasuke, but also because he knew her better than that, in fact there were three people in the area that witnessed the confession that knew certain things, first was Kiba he is an honest and very perceptive person, but there was Sai who admitted he was wrong and Yamato who jumped to conclusions when it came to Naruto and Sakura (the one who was the angriest of the lot.) So with that in mind we can state with ease that yes Sakura did have pure intentions but her execution of the whole thing was really bad, she tried to manipulate Naruto's feelings which served to hurt him more, this false confession in turn forced Naruto to let go of any lingering feelings for Sakura.

Now lets move on shall we? this time to Hinata's confession. now this was in a very stressful situation, Naruto was about to be taken away and there was no one there to help him. Hinata had to make a choice before her confession, either let the one she loves get taken away never to see him again, or make an attempt to rescue him even at the cost of her own life, she chose to try and save him (something that Naruto Acknowledged himself) she jumped in to prevent Pein from taking him away, before she could charge in to a losing battle she confessed her love for Naruto, to me it was like her last chance to tell Naruto that she loves him because of the likelihood of her death, so she couldn't potentially die without peace of mind, (luckily she didn't die) now as Strawberry pointed out in one of her videos, 'I am here because I want to be here' and 'I am not afraid to die if it means I can protect you' this as she said was to ease Naruto of any guilt, then the major announcement of her love for Naruto which shocked him greatly.

Now in my opinion, (as well as others) Hinata's confession had an instantaneous impact on Naruto, I mean he almost went 9 tails because of what he perceived as Hinata's death, this was something we found out in chapter 490. the other thing Hinata's confession did was begin the turning point of Naruto's feelings regarding both girls, we find that Hinata's confession has played a role in Naruto's feelings and find that he could in return be developing feelings for Hinata in return.

The thing that get's on my nerves is the fact there are some people that say Naruto has ignored Hinata's confession, well no he hasn't if we look back the first person he thought about after regaining his senses was Hinata, then the villagers and the village, then in chapter 490, chapter 559. but we also have episode 168 when he met his father he had a flashback of Hinata intervening. So that theory of Naruto ignoring Hinata's confession doesn't really stand in my opinion, he remembers it but never replied directly, in fact he has replied indirectly especially with the 'It's in your eyes' exchange and with Naruto taking Hinata's hand. But the confession wasn't meant to be returned straight away, it was more of a last chance for her to tell Naruto how she felt about him.

So over all Hinata's confession has had an impact on Naruto, to such an extent that his feelings (as pointed out) have began to change from Sakura to Hinata, albeit a very slow process but still it is occurring anyway. While Sakura's confession was based on care for Naruto, it was still centred around Sasuke and this has force Naruto to let go of those feelings, but Hinata's confession was centred around Naruto, but when I think about it some more NaruSaku was always centred around Sasuke, but in contrast NaruHina has always been centred around Naruto and Hinata, which is the reason why I see it happening by the end of the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm

51-mustang wrote:Alright, let's get back onto the topic shall we?

time to return to Hinata's confession, maybe we should do a slight comparison as well, how about Sakura's confession to Naruto?

Okay so let's start with Sakura's confession, now there was a purpose but let's be real about it, as confirmed by Sai himself Sakura wasn't there to confess her love, she was there to tell Naruto that his comrades were going to dispose of Sasuke. Now when I think about it more I find that her confession had to serve at least 3 purposes, 1. she wanted Naruto to return to the village and to drop the promise of a lifetime, 2. she was going to chase after Sasuke herself even if it meant her life and 3. (well this is just a theory) she didn't want Naruto to forgive her for the pain (not just physically, but emotionally as well) she caused him. I would say that two of those things failed while the other succeeded in a way, what we need to remember is that the confession itself was centred around Sasuke, which is why NaruSaku was mostly about anyway.

Now we all know that Naruto was angered by the confession, not only because he knew that Sakura was never in love with him but in love with Sasuke, but also because he knew her better than that, in fact there were three people in the area that witnessed the confession that knew certain things, first was Kiba he is an honest and very perceptive person, but there was Sai who admitted he was wrong and Yamato who jumped to conclusions when it came to Naruto and Sakura (the one who was the angriest of the lot.) So with that in mind we can state with ease that yes Sakura did have pure intentions but her execution of the whole thing was really bad, she tried to manipulate Naruto's feelings which served to hurt him more, this false confession in turn forced Naruto to let go of any lingering feelings for Sakura.

Now lets move on shall we? this time to Hinata's confession. now this was in a very stressful situation, Naruto was about to be taken away and there was no one there to help him. Hinata had to make a choice before her confession, either let the one she loves get taken away never to see him again, or make an attempt to rescue him even at the cost of her own life, she chose to try and save him (something that Naruto Acknowledged himself) she jumped in to prevent Pein from taking him away, before she could charge in to a losing battle she confessed her love for Naruto, to me it was like her last chance to tell Naruto that she loves him because of the likelihood of her death, so she couldn't potentially die without peace of mind, (luckily she didn't die) now as Strawberry pointed out in one of her videos, 'I am here because I want to be here' and 'I am not afraid to die if it means I can protect you' this as she said was to ease Naruto of any guilt, then the major announcement of her love for Naruto which shocked him greatly.

Now in my opinion, (as well as others) Hinata's confession had an instantaneous impact on Naruto, I mean he almost went 9 tails because of what he perceived as Hinata's death, this was something we found out in chapter 490. the other thing Hinata's confession did was begin the turning point of Naruto's feelings regarding both girls, we find that Hinata's confession has played a role in Naruto's feelings and find that he could in return be developing feelings for Hinata in return.

The thing that get's on my nerves is the fact there are some people that say Naruto has ignored Hinata's confession, well no he hasn't if we look back the first person he thought about after regaining his senses was Hinata, then the villagers and the village, then in chapter 490, chapter 559. but we also have episode 168 when he met his father he had a flashback of Hinata intervening. So that theory of Naruto ignoring Hinata's confession doesn't really stand in my opinion, he remembers it but never replied directly, in fact he has replied indirectly especially with the 'It's in your eyes' exchange and with Naruto taking Hinata's hand. But the confession wasn't meant to be returned straight away, it was more of a last chance for her to tell Naruto how she felt about him.

So over all Hinata's confession has had an impact on Naruto, to such an extent that his feelings (as pointed out) have began to change from Sakura to Hinata, albeit a very slow process but still it is occurring anyway. While Sakura's confession was based on care for Naruto, it was still centred around Sasuke and this has force Naruto to let go of those feelings, but Hinata's confession was centred around Naruto, but when I think about it some more NaruSaku was always centred around Sasuke, but in contrast NaruHina has always been centred around Naruto and Hinata, which is the reason why I see it happening by the end of the series.

Nicely put!~ As I had mentioned before, I always thought the idea of Naruto was ignoring Hinata's confessed was simply absurd. As anybody can plainly see is that he thought about her several times after the whole affair. And you also brought another good point about Narusaku always being centered around Sasuke. I didn't really thought about it until others have mentioned it in there posts as well.

How funny that NaruSaku fans believe their moments are solid proof of them being together only to have it being centered around a "third party" per se
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:19 pm

^ This exactly is things that we think about and totally agree on 100% and more. I like how minds think similarly.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:57 pm

CoolChels wrote:^ This exactly is things that we think about and totally agree on 100% and more. I like how minds think similarly.

I do as well~
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:43 am

The NS argument stating that Naruto anger was "building up" and Hinata the "final straw" is pure nonsense.

Remember, Naruto was nearly about to give up as he had no answer to Pein's questions. His fighting spirit at that time was really low.

What is obvious is if Hinata did not intervene, he would have been taken the same way Gaara was taken.

Hinata saved him from himself this day. No more, no less.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 am

Yeah he even admits when seeing her get hurt was cause right there of him getting angry and going all to six tails in kyuubi mode.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:50 am

One can say his heart exploded with rage when he saw that.

Even in the french version he said (I'm translating):" My heart connected directly to the Kyuubi"

Back to top Go down

Post by blackiechan35 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 pm

About Hinata's flashback in Chapter 540, I think it was a reference to the editor's note on the Chapter 371 cover (but the title itself refers to Naruto meeting with Sasuke):

Spoiler:

"Hey! Over here!" Naruto meets with someone close to him. Is he smiling at a friend? A date? Who could it be?

The editor's note on the Chapter 437 cover:
I don't want to lose him. He feels so close to me. I've always felt this way.
Things to note:

• Naruto's smile and the background in Hinata's flashback are similar to that of the image on the Chapter 371 chapter cover.
  • The hand/ jacket sleeve on the Chapter 437 chapter cover is Shino's.

What I think happened is: Naruto went out with Team 8 at some point and Hinata was speaking to Naruto and he was taken aback by it, but he was still happy to see her. Like "Hey, Naruto-kun.." "Eh? Oh, hey Hinata!" or something along those lines. Either way, they met sometime off-screen.

Now, on to the confession. Naruto's not going to forget a girl saying she loves him and risking her life for him.  He's a highly empathetic. Remember after Haku sacrificed himself for Zabuza and Zabuza shrugged it off? He cried and said he didn't want to be cruel and heartless like Zabuza when he got older.
Spoiler:

Naruto had the confession on his mind when he saved Hinata in Chapter 559. He obviously wasn't going to directly address it in front of Kiba, the guy that likes to tease, and Neji, Hinata's protector. That would just be awkward. Naruto's kind of private in his romantic advances. All of the times he asked Sakura out they were alone.

Plus, you have to think, there's a war going on. Naruto's the main focus in the war; I'm sure he knew there was a possibility of him dying. Imagine if Naruto told Hinata that he reciprocated her feelings and he died? Also, that would make Hinata a big target to enemies (kind of like why Naruto's last name is Uzumaki instead of Namikaze). After Chapter 615, Madara called Hinata the 'little missus', which kind of worried me.  Another thing to note is that when you let your feelings out in the open, they suddenly feel more real. Most of the people in Naruto's life that he loved either died, were severely injured, or left. If Naruto kept his feelings bottled up and something happened to Hinata, it would be easier for him to deal with. In a way, him not confessing could be seen as a way to protect them both.

But after the war, there's no way Naruto could avoid it. Either Kiba or Sakura will say something. Sakura has a great memory and when Neji asked why Hinata tried to go up against Pain, Sakura thought "Hinata..Loves.. Naruto.." She's known Hinata's feelings for Naruto since Part I, I could see her asking Naruto how things are going with Hinata or reminding him or something.

Kiba, he likes to tease Naruto and the girls he likes. The first time Kiba teased Naruto, it was about his promise to Sakura and he called him out on acting like a tough guy. Now he's accusing Naruto of acting hype when Hinata's around and I don't think that's a coincidence. After 615, he's going to have a hay day with Naruto and Hinata.

So don't worry,there will be plenty of opportunities for Naruto to delve into his feelings for Hinata. Just be patient! :)

blackiechan35

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh yeah, he will express his feelings sure to say. Everything you mentioned is right on.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum