Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

SasuSaku Thread

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Bubbles on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:49 pm

51-mustang wrote:
Bubbles wrote:I've read a few SasuSaku analysis including a long one from Sasuke POV. Not sure if you've seen it yet, but it's very interesting:

http://isurmisewithmylittleeye.tumblr.com/post/54668642886/the-nature-of-sasukes-feelings-for-sakura-using-manga

http://kekkeis.tumblr.com/post/54296462353/homecoming


I have read both of those and found them amazingly awesome, I wonder if there is anymore out there that would continue to build my growing interest in SasuSaku, since it was never really my second pairing.


Yes, those are two of my favorite SS analysis'. If I happen to find more, I'll be sure to link them to you. ^-^

Now, onto something I tend to see as an argument against the SS moment during the chuunin exam:

When I see the argument: Sasuke making Sakura feel better during the chuunin exams wasn't much because he was only making her feel better for making her feel bad in the first place.

  

That's kind of the point.

Spoiler:




If anti-ss is going to insist Sasuke is so mean to her and does not care one way or the other, then it must take into consideration the fact that he cared enough, to take back his words and compliment her instead when he saw that what he'd said a couple days earlier about her abilities being "lower than Naruto's" might have contributed to her "weird" behavior the day of the exams.

And since I know the counter of "Sasuke just wanted her to perform well for the exams" will undoubtedly come up, keep in mind that before they entered the exam room, nobody knew
that it would be a team effort and that they would all have to pass for their efforts to count. And since anti-ss insists Sasuke only cares about himself, he therefore should not care if Sakura passed to chuunin or not because she is none of his concern for his goals, nor would she stand in his way (that he knew of at least).

However, even without knowing otherwise, he did say something to help her feel better. So by saying this, anti-ss is therefore admitting that Sasuke willingly chose to make Sakura feel better on his own, without any self motive for himself, but simply to make her feel better, as well as to give her the confidence to push forward with the exams by praising her skills.
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Irielo on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 pm

"Sasuke making Sakura feel better during the chuunin exams wasn't much because he was only making her feel better for making her feel bad in the first place."

This anti-SS argument is really BS because even though it would have been like that, that would have only showed that Sasuke cares about Sakura and was feeling sorry for what he said before.

Anyway, Sasuke was sometimes harsh on her and Naruto, he was/is not someone who will compliment just to make someone feel good. Him complimenting Sakura came from a genuine/sincere thought.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Mustang on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 pm

how about this little comment.

a comment wrote:Sakura has moved on from her feelings towards Sasuke.

What irritates me about this comment is that there is no evidence to suggest that this is the case, when I ask for evidence all I was given was the comment that Sai made about Sakura's words being true while her smile wasn't. then there is this Databook nonsense, saying that Sakura is confused about her feelings.

leaving me to do this   

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Irielo on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:00 pm

^Sakura refusing a romantic possibility (love letter from random ninja) because Sasuke is still in her thoughts... Do I need to say more? And Sai... yes "Mr Expert in emotions" is the right person to rely on when it comes to feelings I guess...

Sai showed once again that he does not understand his comrades' feelings yet during that scene. There were so much emotions in Sakura at that moment: happiness mixed with worries and some doubts that Sasuke had still not recovered. She tried to remain positive although she was very worry about Sasuke at that time but again the radical way of thinking of "Mr Expert in Emotions" sounded more like a judgement than someone who really empathizes...

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Bubbles on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 am

I just thought he meant her words were true, but her smile was telling us she is worried about something nonetheless, hence why the smile is not really genuine. Sakura fake smiles when she is trying to hide something.

Sai already made his position on Sasuke perfectly clear, maybe she did not want to share with him about what she is feeling. Either way, I fail to see why this equates to her falling out of love with Sasuke. NS continues to ignore the fact that this scenario it seems to believe will lead to its pairing becoming canon is nothing more than a rehash of Kage Summit, this time, in the hopes that the outcome will be NS.

Sakura already lost all trust and hope in Sasuke at Kage Summit when she decided to kill him and yet Kishi speaks through Sai when he has him state that Sakura was doing this because she loves Sasuke and can't bear to see him go down that road any deeper. Even in his worst moments (becoming an international criminal) and Naruto's best (becoming a village hero), she loved him and not Naruto, so I fail to see how even if she is distrustful of him right now, that it at all equals her falling out of love. For NS pairing to be canon, there needs to be a completely different reason for her to get over Sasuke, because being wary of him is not it.

What's more, why wouldn't she be wary of him when as far as she knows, he flip flopped in his goals at random (just like his "evil" change) and kage summit happened? I'd have been concerned if she wasn't wary tbh. It shows she's not blinded by his presense and willing to look beyond that ray of happiness at his return and see that things may not be all dandy. But leave it to NS to take any moment Sakura is being mature and observant with Sasuke as a hint she is getting over him.

It only reinforces my belief that NS does not believe Sakura can be mature and love Sasuke at the same time. If she shows any signs of it, she is moving on. If she was simply smiling and blushing, NS would call her love a fickle, selfish crush and she only thinks about her own feelings, while ignoring how Sasuke is acting.

Sakura is only mature in NS eyes if she falls for Naruto. My thing is, what makes NS think that Sakura has to completely trust Sasuke at this point to be in love with him? She is not just crushing, nor are her feelings shallow. Sakura is capable of maintaining a big picture outlook when it comes to Sasuke and that scene showed this. It's like Sai said, Sakura is not a child, she is aware of how Sasuke acted has made him look and where it led them. For her to be acting any other way than this would only make me have doubts about how deep her feelings for him were.

Obviously, for a relationship to form, there needs to be trust...but thats precisely why one doesn't typically see SS shipping the pairing as is. Sasuke would need to be redeemed and open his heart to bonds to be capable of romance to begin with, and the bonds that have been torn need to be mended. This is where the rebuilding of trust comes in. But apparently, NS thinks she should just ignore the context of what has happened thus far and proceed to fawn over him, despite the clear fact that this would indeed show she is only crushing. It baffles me.
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Irielo on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:57 am

^The problem is that to NS, when one walked on a dark path like Sasuke did, that means the latter does not "deserved" to be loved anymore. Naruto has now become the hero, so yes, she must fall for him and forget about Sasuke.

It just denies the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke but her eyes are opened. She knows the latter has still some darkness in him and the only thing she wants is to free him from that. The same way she hugged Sasuke in the FoD to stop the cursed mark from taking over him, Sakura wants to bring the light missing in Sasuke's life. Moreover, she still does not know everything about the Uchiha clan's destruction. Knowing that would be another important point in her goal to bring Sasuke back.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Mustang on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 am

Once Sakura learns more about Sasuke and why he sought revenge. she would have learned an important part about Sasuke's character, for Sasuke to open up about the Uchiha massacre, that would be an awesome amount of development in his character, it would also help Sakura further down the road to help Sasuke, not only to bring back the Uchiha clan but to revive the honour of the clan.

the more Sakura understands the Uchiha massacre, the more she can help Sasuke, but not with revenge. with Sasuke opening up about the Uchiha massacre, it would allow for one more final push for SasuSaku. the biggest thing going for SasuSaku is the fact that Sasuke has never rejected Sakura, I guess the same can be said about NaruHina.

it makes me wonder, what if SasuSaku and NaruHina are companion pairings, and Kishi will build up on it some more in the future chapters

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:22 am

I'm neutral on this pairing but i don't have a problem with it when/if it happens. I've always believed there is one person who can save Saskue, it isn't Kakashi and isn't Naruto. It is Sakura.

Saskue is part of the way there, Sakura needs (and proably will) reach out and lead him the rest of the way.
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Bubbles on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 am

Irielo wrote:^The problem is that to NS, when one walked on a dark path like Sasuke did, that means the latter does not "deserved" to be loved anymore. Naruto has now become the hero, so yes, she must fall for him and forget about Sasuke.

It just denies the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke but her eyes are opened. She knows the latter has still some darkness in him and the only thing she wants is to free him from that. The same way she hugged Sasuke in the FoD to stop the cursed mark from taking over him, Sakura wants to bring the light missing in Sasuke's life. Moreover, she still does not know everything about the Uchiha clan's destruction. Knowing that would be another important point in her goal to bring Sasuke back.
Which just completely goes against what Kishi is trying to portray in his story. NS doesn't care about the story thats being told, nor does it care if the way it percieves things goes against the manga themes.

It just cares about Naruto getting what he "wants", and Sasuke suffering. Forget that Sasuke is a blank canvas that can be painted sny color, or that he's been continuously stated to be a victim of the times.

He went rouge? No love deserved, Sakura must drop her skirt for the hero now! Which wouldn't be gold diggery or anything jumping from one previously popular guy, to the next once he's no longer desirable by the masses.
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Irielo on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:43 am

Bubbles wrote:Which just completely goes against what Kishi is trying to portray in his story. NS doesn't care about the story thats being told, nor does it care if the way it percieves things goes against the manga themes.

It just cares about Naruto getting what he "wants", and Sasuke suffering. Forget that Sasuke is a blank canvas that can be painted sny color, or that he's been continuously stated to be a victim of the times.

He went rouge? No love deserved, Sakura must drop her skirt for the hero now! Which wouldn't be gold diggery or anything jumping from one previously popular guy, to the next once he's no longer desirable by the masses.

Kishimoto might have stated that he is not so good at writing romance, but the way he is dealing with SasuSaku (and NaruHina) in a Shonen context is absolutely beautiful imo. As far as SasuSaku is concerned, it is actually the fact that this pairing looked kind of selfish in Part 1 which makes me really like it now.

Both, Sakura and Sasuke had to be separated to know themselves, to become more mature and to realize that the bonds that they share with others despite of not being romantic (for instance the bonds with Naruto), helped them to develop. They had to go through a painful experience to hopefully get together and appreciate each other to the maximum at the end of the day. Anyway, that's what I wish for SasuSaku.
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by joe_chip on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Irielo wrote:^The problem is that to NS, when one walked on a dark path like Sasuke did, that means the latter does not "deserved" to be loved anymore. Naruto has now become the hero, so yes, she must fall for him and forget about Sasuke.
.

I'm not really familiar with arguments against the pairing, but I imagine that when they speak about Sasuke's darkness being unforgivable they might have in mind moments when Sasuke attacks Sakura. As someone whose favourite character was Sasuke in part 1, the abrupt change in his attitude towards Naruto and Sakura made it difficult for me to read the two reunions' chapters. And as a Sasusaku fan I could not bear to look at the scenes when he attacks her for some time :-) But the drama between the three main characters is the main reason why this manga is so gripping for me, the most intense shonen to me.

The author didn't go in for half-measures when portraying Sasuke's darkness, so much that he became quite impossible to understand and relate to, somehow in the same way as Itachi was portrayed as pure evil for a long time before he was revealed to be good. And the comparison with Itachi is part of the reason why I'm not too bothered : in the same way that there were small details that could make us doubt the evil nature of Itachi, there were small details, especially during the first reunion, showing that there was a difference between what Sasuke said and what he thought or felt, as was for example shown in the two links mentioned above. If Itachi can be understood and forgiven, why not Sasuke?

Now the problem of the scenes when he attacks Sakura is the biggest one, and I don't think it should be dismissed quickly as it's probably what we supporters of the pairing had most problems with. At the same time, I feel it tells something about the relationship. Although in the beginning of the manga Sasuke first appears to be the most rational and collected character in the group, we soon learn that it's not true and especially he can't take it easy when it comes to the people he cares for, and it leads to paradoxical situations. Like he's clearly jealous when he sees Sakura smiling at Naruto when she learns that he saved her from the sand, and thinking about that same thing later at the hospital he becomes obsessed with it and he throws Sakura's plate and pushes her away. I feel it's the same sort of thing that happened later, as Tobirama said "their love is too strong it can end up running wild" : what I see in his attacking Sakura is a kind of impulsive reaction of despair maybe linked to feelings of betrayal (each time Sakura tries to attack him, and it hurts him unconsciously). It seems to be the thing that makes the switch love/hate for Sasuke (feeling betrayed by Itachi..)

How do you guys feel about it? Do you think we should try to look into these moments or it's just that he was not himself at the time?

joe_chip


Posts : 9
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Irielo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:57 am

To answer you I'm just quoting a part of what I've written in another thread:

Irielo wrote:Now, what happened after the Kage Summit just shows that Sakura wanted to face Sasuke by herself. After hearing that the latter joined Akatsuki, she wanted to know what was really going on with Sasuke and why he became a wanted ninja. When she met him, she just realized that Sasuke was possessed by hatred and this hatred was turning him completely mad.

Regarding Sasuke, I think he came to that extent because the first person he might have hated was himself. After learning some truths about Itachi, I think he was quite upset of not having been able to read between the lines. He was naive once again. Hating himself led automatically to hate others... His action during the Kage Summit was quite suicidal imo.

One of the reason why I admire Sakura is because she loves Sasuke "for the best and for the worst". That's why I disagree with you because she would not have showed any development if she had just judged Sasuke because of him doing "bad" and decided to move on. She still wants to believe that the latter can be saved from the darkness and that is something which should be expected from someone who truly loves.

To me, Sasuke was not himself when these events occurred because he was consumed by hatred: he was hating himself because his revenge against Itachi left a bitter taste at the end of the day after he'd learnt some truths behind the Uchiha massacre and that led to a situation where nobody was counting for him anymore.

As a rational Shinobi, he could have waited the end of the Summit to attack Danzo but him attacking the most powerful ninjas of the Five Great Nations at the same time just showed how much he did not care anymore imo. Even Taka, his own gang, was no more important for him. He left Juugo and Suigetsu behind and he stabbed Karin just to get rid of Danzo.

Sasuke's action during the Kage Summit was quite auto-destructive and that led to collateral damages (him forgetting about his comrades, Taka, and him trying to kill his former teammates who were getting in the way of his hatred).
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Naruto Shinobi Collection Cards (GREE created mobile app game)

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 am


Uchiha Sasuke - Tsukuyomi Illusion

Sasuke: "A wish, eh... I desire power..."

Name of attack - Hikoboushi's whisper

Haruno Sakura - Orihime's prayer

Sakura: "Sasuke-kun... I want these feelings to reach you."

Name of attack - The womanly feelings of a Celestian Maiden

Tumblr source and the original source

While none of this is official to the manga, I thought it was cute fan service.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by PrettyLittleLiars77 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:27 pm

SasuSaku was the first naruto pairing that I fell in love with and I still love, but now this pairing is in second place ( NauHina being in first ).
avatar
PrettyLittleLiars77


Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Bubbles on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello and welcome to the SS section PrettyLittleLiars77! ^-^

Personally, I love NaruHina/SasuSaku equally. There is no first or second for me because they are my OTP's and I love them for different reasons. The incredibly sweet, innocent and yet inspirational pairing of NaruHina and then the angsty, heart-wrenching and forever enduring SasuSaku. Both of these tug at my heartstrings in different ways I couldn't possibly put a number on them.  
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Mustang on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:26 am

I love how NS is going on about how Sakura loving Sasuke degrades her character, it is now calling SasuSaku a murder ship, forgetting the message behind the SasuSaku story, maybe it forgot to really look at what Kakashi was telling Sasuke when he ran off towards his fight with Naruto.

it tells alot of what Sakura went through in that story as well, (sometimes it is the one you love the most who tends to hurt you) what I am saying is that throughout this Shippuden, Sakura was hurting alot, but she put on a brave front as to not to show it to everyone, even putting that front up during missions, it came to a head when she confronted Sasuke after he killed Danzo, confirmed by Sai and Kakashi, then confirmed even more by Sakura who was in tears.

maybe what NS forgets is that Sakura felt bad because she felt like that she couldn't be there when Sasuke needed her the most, maybe she felt like she let Sasuke down and she wants to make up to him, doing her best, in chapter 693 you could really feel for her because of how she felt that she failed Sasuke.

The other thing that I have noticed as it was pointed out by some of the posters on this forum, is that Sasuke feels that he cannot see why Sakura loves him, i feel that he was lying, maybe that was an excuse for him to prevent her from getting hurt, he knows the truth of Sakura's feelings, and yet NS doesn't want Sasuke to be redeemed, well it is almost too late for that, all he needs now is a good beating from Naruto and he will let go of his hatred this fight will do that.

makes me wonder what NS will do when Sasuke returns from the fight with Naruto and a massive SasuSaku moment happens, it is already making it look like Sakura has regressed as a character.

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Bubbles on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Just posting here to say, SASUSAKU is canon!
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm

^I know isn't it awesome :D

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
NekoKimio wrote:To be honest, I actually shipped it before NH. :P
Predictions or thoughts?

I also shipped SasuSaku before I shipped NaruHina as well. I started shipping SasuSaku after the forest of death (whereas NaruHina didn't catch my eye until the preliminary fights).

Prediction: This will be canon along with NaruHina.

Thoughts: I really like the fact that Sakura is able to love Sasuke while not condoning his actions. That's what makes it so awesome, yet bittersweet. I cannot wait for Sasuke to finally tell us what Sakura means to him. She is the only member of Team 7 where we do not know precisely how Sasuke feels about them. I'm not expecting this to be as blatant as NaruHina when it comes to reciprocation (unless there's an epilogue), but I think it'll be implied strongly enough. Of course, who knows. I didn't expect anything resembling the cover of volume 64 for NaruHina so who knows what Kishimoto will do in terms of making things obvious.

The funny thing is that SasuSaku was actually much more blatant in the manga in terms of its reciprocation at the end. ^_^ Of course, if I had known that Kishimoto was having a NaruHina-centric movie made then I would've adjusted my thoughts to say that SasuSaku would be more blatant than NaruHina in the manga pre-epilogue.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum