Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

I'm surprised no on'es noticed THIS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm surprised no on'es noticed THIS!

Post by Twin Steps on Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 am

So, There I am reading some old chaps, when I come across this page.

You all notice how Naruto says “When I saw Pain ATTACK Hinata”? He never said “When I saw Pain KILL Hinata”

Now here’s another page from Naruto VS Pain

“Did I destroy Hinata?”

Why exactly would he even ask “Did I destroy Hinata?” If he knew that Pain was the one who “killed” her?

With these two pages, here’s the conclusion I’ve come to:

Naruto went all Nine tails rage mode because he thought Pain HURT Hinata, not because he thought Pain KILLED her.

That sure is a lot of love/care for some one he “supposedly” doesn’t give a rat’s ass about, no?

Not to mention that he went all the way up to 8-tails (that’s at least 4 more tails than with Gaara &/or Sasuke), when he saw Hinata simply getting HURT.
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm surprised no on'es noticed THIS!

Post by Yuri on Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 am

Oh my God~! Good eye! This definitely makes the moment more significant!

Back to top Go down

Post by SID~ on Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 am

Good Job, I knew that scene was beautiful <3
SID~

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkhope on Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 am

Exactly.

Naruto knew Pain didn't kill her. But seeing her struck down like that triggered his transformation. This was also discussed when the rookies were healing Hinata.

Naruto feared that HE destroyed her and villagers.

And then cried. :3
Darkhope

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula on Wed May 08, 2013 10:00 am

I see ^.^ naruhina for the win :D
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri on Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 am

And that's why he cried when he found out she was alive. (and he even clutched his heart) :)

Back to top Go down

Post by TinaBeanz on Wed May 08, 2013 1:23 pm

@twin steps, awesome point and good catch!!!
TinaBeanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarus on Wed May 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Nice find bud.
Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio on Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm

UNG. My heart is hurting. Thanks, nice eye. ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulFire on Thu May 09, 2013 12:44 am

I just recently had this same conversation over at NF. Naruto only knew that Hinata had been horribly stabbed before he exploded into sixtails. The proof is that panel wherein he questions whether he had destroyed her in his rampage. Then he searches for her chakra signature and weeps, clutching his heart tighter upon discovering that she had survived. The development of Naruto's deeper feelings for Hinata are beautiful to behold.
SoulFire

Back to top Go down

I noticed it

Post by Mustang on Fri May 10, 2013 12:59 am

I most certainly noticed it
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi on Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm

I didn't notice that!
You may have a point. He went berserk because Pain attacked Hinata and later he was worried about having destroyed her (most likely referring to her body). Ah, NH just gets better and better
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 am

I cannot believe I didn't notice this

But this just goes to show that naruhina is just a wonderful and beautiful thing
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone on Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am

I think its because Naruto's short term memories gets messed up when he goes out of control. When he came out of it his first thought was that he was the one who did all the damage, not Pain.
However its still a NH moment because Naruto thought of Hinata first and everyone else second.
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 am

^Naruto did cause a lot of damage though when he was in his KN6 form. So, Naruto was correct to ask the question. If his beam was over a bit, Naruto would've destroyed the Hokage monument. Naruto could've killed Hinata as KN6 the same way he nearly killed Jiraiya (as KN4 I assume) and hurt Sakura (as KN4).

Naruto had no idea that as KN6 that he basically stepped over Hinata before letting loose his destructive powers.

Naruto doesn't really have memory loss. It's just that when Kurama's will pretty much superceded his own will that he has no idea what has happened.

The over-analytical shipper in me has always wondered if Kurama (who is the only one who could've been in control at those "Naruto has no clue what is going on"-moments) avoided Hinata on purpose.

Last edited by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed grammar)
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 am

Graeystone wrote:I think its because Naruto's short term memories gets messed up when he goes out of control. When he came out of it his first thought was that he was the one who did all the damage, not Pain.
However its still a NH moment because Naruto thought of Hinata first and everyone else second.

Naruto remember Hinata coming to protect him. So i don't really think he has memory lose.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:The over-analytical shipper in me has always wondered if Kurama (who is the only who could've been in control at those "Naruto has no clue what is going on"-moments) avoided Hinata on purpose.

I wonder about that too.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone on Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 pm

racefan1992 wrote:
Graeystone wrote:I think its because Naruto's short term memories gets messed up when he goes out of control. When he came out of it his first thought was that he was the one who did all the damage, not Pain.

Naruto remember Hinata coming to protect him. So i don't really think he has memory lose.

Let me elaborate a little more. The trauma of giving into a violent transformation messes with Naruto memories say five minutes worth of events and stuff prior to giving into the violent transformation. After coming out of it, it takes time for Naruto's messed up memories to 'reset' to what really happened and not what Naruto assumed happened which in the case of Hinata and Kohona. He believed he was the one who almost killed Hinata, not Deva Pain. After awhile his memories became clear with the truth that did not hurt Hinata at all even in Kyuubi Mode.

Although there was one thing I don't get about Naruto's transfomation - Hinata was practically at Ground Zero when it happened yet she wasn't affect at all by it? When the Bjiuu Dome Affect happened, wasn't she in it?
Spoiler:
Even if she wasn't caught up in the dome affect, the shock wave should have tossed her around because she was prone like that.

Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu May 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Why would that affect her if it didn't affect Pain?

Hinata was much closer to Pain (who was literally standing over her stabbed body) than she was to Naruto at the time. Shima was a lot closer to Naruto and ended up being okay.

Also, Naruto's memories never "reset." Naruto still has no idea what happened once he transformed to this day (unless Kurama has clued him in--and I seriously doubt that has happened yet). Naruto only knows what happened to him prior to his transformation, which is why he has never forgotten the confession & arguments to the contrary make no sense to me. It's also why he knew Hinata was hurt as he saw all of that before he transformed. Once Naruto was back in full control, all he knew was that he was no longer in Konoha and that Konoha was damaged more than it had been when he arrived with the toads. Naruto also knew that when he does transform that he ends up causing a lot of damage (as per what happened with Jiraiya and on the mission to find Sasuke with Sakura, Sai, & Yamato). Therefore, Naruto's question made a whole lot of sense from his vantage point.

The memory loss idea that you have isn't really supported by what has been shown in the manga.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Izou on Fri May 31, 2013 6:55 am

Great find.
Ryuu Izou

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:33 am

Nice one  

Also (it may just be the NaruHina fangirl in me lol but...) to me it felt like the heart clutch was more for Hinata, thinking that he might have hurt her in the rampage. Seeing as he remembers her, clutches his heart then asks about her and everyone else...if you get what i mean.
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:21 pm

That would probably been the reason for and I know Naruto was relieved to discover that she was alright.
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum