Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Age you became a fan?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Age you became a fan?

Post by TinaBeanz on Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

How old we're you when you got into Naruto?

I was 13, and was over at my cousins house and he was watching Naruto anime. I asked him what he was watching. He explained it to me, as I watched more and more with him, I became a fan. And the rest is history.
avatar
TinaBeanz


Posts : 171
Gender : Female
Location : Behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by NekoKimio on Wed May 01, 2013 4:07 pm

I became a fan when I was around 12-13 as well. I can't exactly remember how I got into it. I was an anime fan before that and I think I just heard about it through the fast growing fandom.

_________________
♥️김태연♥️
avatar
NekoKimio


Posts : 1184
Gender : Female
Location : Louisiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by BlackNoon on Wed May 01, 2013 5:02 pm

When I first saw it on Toonami. So about 12 - 13.
avatar
BlackNoon


Posts : 90
Gender : Male
Location : Louisiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by NekoKimio on Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm

BlackNoon wrote:When I first saw it on Toonami. So about 12 - 13.

I think that might have been the case with me too, actually.

_________________
♥️김태연♥️
avatar
NekoKimio


Posts : 1184
Gender : Female
Location : Louisiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by eromreven on Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Oh. Um. Gosh. It was a long time ago. Like, Naruto had just gotten to the fight between Sasuke and Lee before the chunin exam in the american shonen jump.
avatar
eromreven


Posts : 458
Gender : Male
Location : Covering The Carolinas

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by DerelictV on Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm

12-13 for me too ayyye
avatar
DerelictV


Posts : 457
Gender : Female
Location : Honolulu, Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by NekoKimio on Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm

I guess 12-13 is like 'the age'. lolol

_________________
♥️김태연♥️
avatar
NekoKimio


Posts : 1184
Gender : Female
Location : Louisiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Yuri on Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 am

13 for me too, started watching it on anime sites

_________________
Naruto and his waifu <3
avatar
Yuri


Posts : 798
Gender : Female
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Twin Steps on Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 am

12 or 13.
avatar
Twin Steps


Posts : 854
Gender : Female
Location : Ottawa, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by DerelictV on Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 am

I got into Naruto because of a neighbor, my best friend, Rock. Well, I can't exactly remember what happened.. it was one of two things:

I asked him if he had the manga
or He told me I had to read it

So I walked over to his house and grabbed the first few manga volumes (because that was all that was out at the time) and I remember walking home and flipping through the pages real fast ~~ I still remember what time of day it was and what the whether was like ;o; it is such a perf memory

But I got home and I laid down and as soon as I read the first few pages I was instantly hooked. Let me tell you that was the first time EVER that I ever felt that way. I never once read a manga or watched an anime where I got instantly hooked, up until that point I never really had a favorite or one I'd really obsess about. Actually, to this day it is still that way, I like other animes, but nothing hit me as hard as Naruto has. Anyway, I instantly fell in love.. it was like love at first sight, I don't even know. I connected with the story, and I became instantly obsessed. I had to watch the anime. So I got on the computer and I found a Naruto site and downloaded all the episodes up until the episode where they fight Zabuza and Haku on the bridge.. at that point I was like, "You know what?? I'M GOING TO BUY THE DVDS." So I got my brother to go to the local anime shop here to find me the Naruto DVDs and it cost me about 300 dollars for everything (I was a kid who didn't particularly spend money on anything, so I always saved my birthday money..) (hella damn expensive at the anime shop) and I spent all my time, after school, wherever I was, watching Naruto and not once NOT ONCE was I ever bored or did I ever not want to. After I had seen up to was was currently coming out, I waited weekly to download the episodes. I bought Naruto merchandise with my birthday money that I would save up, and my mom allowed me to get Naruto notebooks for my classes in school and she even was okay with getting me a Konoha headband from the anime shop here ;o; and I tied it around my neck like Hinata and wore it to school every day <3

I remember the day Cartoon network was going to air Naruto. It was a day I had to go over to my mom and her boyfriend (at the time Curtis whom I had known since I was five) 's place which fortunately for me had cable so I was excited to see what the English version would be like. I sat down in the spare bedroom in front of a 12 inch tv with my headband around my neck and a Naruto plush EXCITED. SO EXCITED. But then... I don't know. The dub was really disappointing to me.. and I got really disappointed, but it's hard because you know. Anyway, I didn't watch more than five minute of it, I turned off the tv feeling deflated and walked up and talked to my friend who also liked Naruto like I did on the computer.

and yeah

that is my biggest Naruto memories.
That and watching this amv



at the first anime convention I ever went to, Kawaii Kon here in Hawaii before it was at the convention center and I was BLOWN AWAY. I still remember my reaction to this amv hahahahaha we've come so far
avatar
DerelictV


Posts : 457
Gender : Female
Location : Honolulu, Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Treble on Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 pm

I got Naruto introduced to me by my friend in elementary school. So... around 9-10 years old. Bless old YouTube <3
avatar
Treble


Posts : 30
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Yuri on Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 am

DerelictV wrote:I got into Naruto because of a neighbor, my best friend, Rock. Well, I can't exactly remember what happened.. it was one of two things:

I asked him if he had the manga
or He told me I had to read it

So I walked over to his house and grabbed the first few manga volumes (because that was all that was out at the time) and I remember walking home and flipping through the pages real fast ~~ I still remember what time of day it was and what the whether was like ;o; it is such a perf memory

But I got home and I laid down and as soon as I read the first few pages I was instantly hooked. Let me tell you that was the first time EVER that I ever felt that way. I never once read a manga or watched an anime where I got instantly hooked, up until that point I never really had a favorite or one I'd really obsess about. Actually, to this day it is still that way, I like other animes, but nothing hit me as hard as Naruto has. Anyway, I instantly fell in love.. it was like love at first sight, I don't even know. I connected with the story, and I became instantly obsessed. I had to watch the anime. So I got on the computer and I found a Naruto site and downloaded all the episodes up until the episode where they fight Zabuza and Haku on the bridge.. at that point I was like, "You know what?? I'M GOING TO BUY THE DVDS." So I got my brother to go to the local anime shop here to find me the Naruto DVDs and it cost me about 300 dollars for everything (I was a kid who didn't particularly spend money on anything, so I always saved my birthday money..) (hella damn expensive at the anime shop) and I spent all my time, after school, wherever I was, watching Naruto and not once NOT ONCE was I ever bored or did I ever not want to. After I had seen up to was was currently coming out, I waited weekly to download the episodes. I bought Naruto merchandise with my birthday money that I would save up, and my mom allowed me to get Naruto notebooks for my classes in school and she even was okay with getting me a Konoha headband from the anime shop here ;o; and I tied it around my neck like Hinata and wore it to school every day <3

I remember the day Cartoon network was going to air Naruto. It was a day I had to go over to my mom and her boyfriend (at the time Curtis whom I had known since I was five) 's place which fortunately for me had cable so I was excited to see what the English version would be like. I sat down in the spare bedroom in front of a 12 inch tv with my headband around my neck and a Naruto plush EXCITED. SO EXCITED. But then... I don't know. The dub was really disappointing to me.. and I got really disappointed, but it's hard because you know. Anyway, I didn't watch more than five minute of it, I turned off the tv feeling deflated and walked up and talked to my friend who also liked Naruto like I did on the computer.

and yeah

that is my biggest Naruto memories.
That and watching this amv



at the first anime convention I ever went to, Kawaii Kon here in Hawaii before it was at the convention center and I was BLOWN AWAY. I still remember my reaction to this amv hahahahaha we've come so far

Oh my gerd, you must probably be the biggest Naruto fan there's ever been. Great goodness, you even went with your Konoha headband to classes? I only went once with my Itachi Konoha headband to the doctor but the doctor only kept staring at me funnily so I never EVER did it again xD

_________________
Naruto and his waifu <3
avatar
Yuri


Posts : 798
Gender : Female
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by dovey on Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 am

I got into Naruto when I was 14, and lost interest in it around 17...

But then, I was working as a waitress at age 21 or 22 (I can't remember because I worked there for four years), and a precious little boy came in to the restaurant. He was wearing a Konoha headband, and we started talking about Naruto. Anyway, I got an awesome tip, and my interest had sort of been piqued again. A couple of months later, on Valentine's Day, the boy came back, still wearing his headband, and he gave me a Valentine's card. Then, I decided that I needed to catch up, because that little boy had to have been a sign. It took me a long time because I was really busy back then, and I had missed a lot, but I'm glad I'm caught up now.
avatar
dovey


Posts : 483
Gender : Female
Location : CANONLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Azuula on Fri May 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Omg Doki ur an oldie :D
I got into it when I was 12, I still remember when I was a noobie and didn't understand a single thing about it. When I was 14 I restarted the whole series again, and so I'm upto date with everything, and had more of an understanding ^.^.. XD
avatar
Azuula


Posts : 1202
Gender : Female
Location : In a land of lands.

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Zori on Fri May 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I saw it around 6 or 7, my brother loved the show but i hated cause i was just a baby girl wanted to watch hannah montana and he never let me, so then i started complaining, he stopped watching after that. I spent my entire christmas break watching dbz and when dbz died on me, i remembered naruto, then started watching it
avatar
Zori


Posts : 395
Gender : Female

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Gakushin on Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 am

It was 2005 and I was 19, Naruto was the first anime I ever downloaded.

Man, looking all of you starting at 12/13 makes me feel old :( Is there anyone around here who started later than me? D:
avatar
Gakushin


Posts : 32
Gender : Male
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Batokusanagi on Mon May 13, 2013 3:47 pm

12. I started watching it the first time it aired on my country. I was like "ninjas? hell yeah!"
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by CoolChels on Wed May 15, 2013 5:55 pm

I started watching it when it aired on Toonami at around 14-15 years of age. I stopped after it went off and started seeing it online and decided to watch it. I found myself constantly watching several episodes a day on my moms computer until I caught up to it and started reading the manga ever since.
avatar
CoolChels


Posts : 455
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat May 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Gakushin wrote:Man, looking all of you starting at 12/13 makes me feel old :( Is there anyone around here who started later than me? D:

I started the same year as you (2005). However, I was 24 at the time. So, don't feel "old." I also happen to know of much older NaruHina fans. :)
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Aredessa502 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 am

I first got my interest in Naruto when I was 12(like everybody else did it seems LOL) between December 21st to the 31st of 2012. The only reason why I had even looked up the manga on mangahere.com in the first place is because I heard that Naruto was a yellow haired version of Blackstar from the anime/manga series "Soul Eater." And let me tell you, back then I was ALL into Soul Eater(and still am but of course that was before I had read the epicness of Naruto) and Blackstar was-and still is for that particular series-my favorite character of the series and of any other anime/manga I had ever read/watched in my entire life. So when I heard of this other "version" I had to check it out. So I got on my Dad's crappy, ancient computer and typed up "Naruto Manga." As soon as I read the first chapter I was hooked and I literally had kicked BlackStar out of my mind and the only image that I could see through my eyes whenever I wasn't looking at the computer screen was the kid version of Naruto. I would not shut up about it! I was driving my sister and my father crazy! And that actually wasn't my first time looking at Naruto. I watched about two-three minutes of an episode of Naruto previously that year during the summer. It was on Netflix and it was around the time when I was just truly becoming an otaku. I had remembered when I was little and always saw pictures or posters of Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke when I went into movie galleries and other places or when I'd see it come on Cartoon Network. But unfortunately(on Netflix) it was in subtitles and I didn't feel like reading all of it. Plus, it was the second season and I have a pet-peeve of starting a story not at the beginning. So I added it to instant Queue where I thought it'd stay on there but it got taken off when I went back to search after I did get interested in it. So now I'll just have to deal with the 16 volumes I have and the manga sites until I can reach my goal to have all the mangas by my next Birthday and to buy Hinata's cosplay outfit!

Aredessa502


Posts : 7
Gender : Female
Location : U.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Ryuu Izou on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:55 am

dovey wrote:I got into Naruto when I was 14, and lost interest in it around 17...

But then, I was working as a waitress at age 21 or 22 (I can't remember because I worked there for four years), and a precious little boy came in to the restaurant. He was wearing a Konoha headband, and we started talking about Naruto. Anyway, I got an awesome tip, and my interest had sort of been piqued again. A couple of months later, on Valentine's Day, the boy came back, still wearing his headband, and he gave me a Valentine's card. Then, I decided that I needed to catch up, because that little boy had to have been a sign. It took me a long time because I was really busy back then, and I had missed a lot, but I'm glad I'm caught up now.

Omg this is so precious.

Anyway, I think I started sometime in my middle teens. MIght have been 14, might have been 15, might have been 16. Not sure. It least that's what I think. :hmm
I am 22 now.
avatar
Ryuu Izou


Posts : 67
Gender : Male
Location : Home

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:27 am

I was in middle school when I first started watching Naruto so like 13-14 for me ^^
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Bubbles on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:50 pm

I came into Naruto very late. Just began watching it around March-April or so of last year. Didn't begin shipping NH/SS until a bit later than that.
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Strawberry on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 pm

I watched the anime first, when I was probably 13. Began reading the manga much later, when I was 18-ish.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by mangafreakyay on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:28 am

I was 7 or 8 when I started watching Naruto, I remember being bored and walking in on my older sister watching the beginning.
   It didn't take long for me to be hooked, I just loved it!
I don't usually make a big deal about who should be with who, but Damn, how can you not go fangirl over NaruHina!! The rest is history 
avatar
mangafreakyay


Posts : 42
Gender : Female
Location : Rainy, California

Back to top Go down

Re: Age you became a fan?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum