Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

naruto gaiden final chapter 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

naruto gaiden final chapter 10

Post by lily567 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:05 pm

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage/10

its out enjoy
I definitely enjoyed this chapter

lily567

Back to top Go down

Re: naruto gaiden final chapter 10

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Outside of not actually showing the kids getting their headbands & not seemingly having an as yet obvious lead-in to the movie (well, the Sasuke being gone to the point that he's probably never met Boruto/Himawari aspect and Boruto clearly hating the idea of Hokage are clearly tie-ins), it seems it was a lovely chapter ^_^

I totally didn't see the Karin & Sakura traveling together coming and that was awesome on Kishimoto's part. Karin sending glasses for Sarada is also awesome.

I liked the SS family portrait at the end.

I'm still waiting on a different scanlation though.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by rilakkuma88 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:09 pm

What do you guys think Karin specifically by "you just don't get it....connections comes in different forms"??
rilakkuma88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes. That was a very nice chapter. It was great to see this SS family together as well as having Karin explaining Suigetsu about the umbilical cordon and the story behind it.

Nice to see Kabuto too who is becoming the "father" of those Shin.

I think Sarada got impressed and inspired by Naruto during this adventure in her goal of becoming Hokage one day whereas Boruto has an whole other perspective about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 pm

well there is one thing left undone with this mini-series, Naruto wiki needs to change it back to Sakura being Sarada's mother.

as for Sarada having a lofty goal, it is great to see that she does after adventuring with Naruto and ChoCho. personally I think it is a great goal for her, to be the first Uchiha Hokage, I wonder how Boruto will support this, ok sure he scoffed Sarada for it but I think he will come understand the position of the Hokage during the movie.

it was great to see where Kabuto went after the series, personally i think it was great to see where all the other characters went at the end of the main series, so I think Kishi did a pretty good job of it.

the final picture and Sarada achieving her goal and finding a new one, maybe Boruto once he understands that is, will become a great rival.

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:34 am

Glad Sarada is actually Sakura's daughter. Kishi trolled us good.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sarada becoming Hokage at some point. Out of the next generation she has faced the most adversity so she will push herself hard. I think Naruto left a lasting impression on her with his talk no jutsu. Added to the fact that her father is sacrificing so much for the village by being away so much. She is starting to see that the village comes first.

Something that Bolt doesn't understand yet. Out of the next generation I dislike Bolt the most because he comes off as spoiled to me. While I like Sarada the most, which is odd considering that I have never been a big fan of Sasuke. Just shows how well Kishi developed her as a character.

Hopefully Sakura and Sasuke told Sarada everything off panel so Sarada doesn't still think Sakura isn't her biological mother.

Overall great series.
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 am

I'm very cool with Boruto being spoiled. I'm actually glad someone seems to be because it wouldn't make sense if none of the next gen kids were. There are always spoiled kids in the world and it would be boring if none of them were.

rilakkuma88 wrote:What do you guys think Karin specifically by "you just don't get it....connections comes in different forms"??

Basically the same thing Naruto meant when he was trying to explain to Sarada that love is what matters, not blood when Sarada had it "confirmed" that Karin is her mother.

It doesn't matter that Sasuke & Karin aren't together and never will be together because they still have a meaningful bond anyway, which is definitely true considering Karin delivered Sarada and is friends with Sakura now (to the point that Karin's been sending Sarada glasses).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:53 am

meow69 wrote:
Something that Bolt doesn't understand yet. Out of the next generation I dislike Bolt the most because he comes off as spoiled to me. While I like Sarada the most, which is odd considering that I have never been a big fan of Sasuke. Just shows how well Kishi developed her as a character.

Overall great series.

First quote: Yeah I like Salad more then Bolt for the reasons you said.

Second quote: Eh... no. And i'm not the only one thinks that.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:30 am

I agree that the story could have been done better, but for its length it wasn't a bad story. Though everyone is entitled to their opinion. I write fan fiction in my spare time so I know how hard it is to tell a story that will please everyone. So perhaps that colors my opinion a little.
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 pm

meow69 wrote:I agree that the story could have been done better, but for its length it wasn't a bad story. Though everyone is entitled to their opinion. I write fan fiction in my spare time so I know how hard it is to tell a story that will please everyone. So perhaps that colors my opinion a little.

Agree too disagree.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by rilakkuma88 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:37 pm

You're not. I was actually enjoying the series but the last 3-4 chapters were not good to me. Since her introduction I always knew Sakura was Sarada's mom, so this whole "who's the real mom" business was a waste in the mini-series.(That and I never knew people shipped Sasuke and Karin) Obviously I know Kishi did it to bait the readers into investing their time....BUT really this plot?!?!?! I would've preferred a return to part 1 style writing and have be about the next gen kids.
rilakkuma88

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:52 am

The thing most people associate with Part 1 is the Chuunin exams and that's going to be done in the movie. I think he chose to avoid repeating stuff from Part 1 as much as possible--beyond the usual repetition of "bonds/love matter most of all" that is the point of the series as a whole.

Oh, and while MS got the SasuSaku traveled together part correctly (whereas MP has Sakura & Karin traveling together), they were incorrect to add Karin as part of the group. Seemingly Sasuke & Sakura traveled together and Sakura got pregnant during the trip--and Karin ended up delivering Sarada. From there, it's logical to assume that Sakura took Sarada to Konoha while Sasuke kept on doing his traveling/mission.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 am

rilakkuma88 wrote:

You're not. I was actually enjoying the series but the last 3-4 chapters were not good to me. Since her introduction I always knew Sakura was Sarada's mom, so this whole "who's the real mom" business was a waste in the mini-series.(That and I never knew people shipped Sasuke and Karin) Obviously I know Kishi did it to bait the readers into investing their time....BUT really this plot?!?!?! I would've preferred a return to part 1 style writing and have be about the next gen kids.

I'm honestly fine with Sarada getting panel time. Because i like her character (unlike Bolt). Chouchou was also good in this series. However Kishi feel back on his old habits (Uchiha wank, character tunnel vision, unnecessary drama (poor at that drama), lack of next gen kids. Plus Gaiden does NOTHING too promoted the Bolt movie (of which i have problems with but not too the extent of Gaiden).

racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by rilakkuma88 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 pm

racefan1992 wrote:
rilakkuma88 wrote:

I'm honestly fine with Sarada getting panel time. Because i like her character (unlike Bolt). Chouchou was also good in this series. However Kishi feel back on his old habits (Uchiha wank, character tunnel vision, unnecessary drama (poor at that drama),  lack of next gen kids. Plus Gaiden does NOTHING too promoted the Bolt movie (of which i have problems with but not too the extent of Gaiden).

Yeah I actually agree with this.
rilakkuma88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:32 pm

I also knew Sakura's was Sarada's mom from the start. The story focused mainly on Sarada's existential and identity quest and she got the answers she was looking for + she could find her goal in life: becoming Hokage. This is actually Sarada's character development. In other words, her personal issues led her to develop. This makes actually sense (how can you expect a character to develop without the latter having any issues regardless if you find these issues absurd or unnecessary?).

Good thing is that we got to see Orochimaru, Taka, Yamato and Kabuto. All in all, even though I wanted to see more of the other kids of the new generation, I found those mini-series quite entertaining.

There is this picture at the end of the chapter. I think it's cool to have kids from other villages. The one from Suna could be Kankuro's son and the one from Kumo Killer Bee's one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:50 pm

for me I loved the Kishimoto troll at the end, either going by an old photo or the test that Karin shot down in flames was pure gold, but I did really like the fact that Sarada achieved her goal, there were some unnecessary things like Akatsuki being revived, but at least Kishi tied up another lose end something he seems to be doing a fair bit of.

I guess there is one other lose end that needs to be tied up, the relationship between Naruto and Boruto.

still love the fact that Sarada was inspired by Naruto to become Hokage, the first Uchiha Hokage, that would be something really nice to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:05 am

There is something which occurred within this chapter. At the village's entrance, Ino and Chouji were back from a mission. When Ino saw Sasuke, she went to greet him but Sarada stopped her. I guess she heard a lot of things from her parents during this family reunion, like how Sakura and Ino were rivals and one of the reason of their rivalry was Sasuke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:20 am

I admit that I still don't agree with the general fandom interpretation of that scene (at least as I've read about it) mainly because I can't see the Sakura/Ino rivalry as an issue here. Sarada would know that Ino is married and that her own parents are into each other (she got idea in chapter 9 with further confirmation right at the start of chapter 10).

Sarada just wouldn't want Ino trying to start talking with her parents because Sarada wants to spend as much time with Sasuke as possible. The only other thing that would've made sense is trying to keep everyone from figuring out that Chouchou was really doubting that Chouji was her father (as Sarada was just humoring Chouchou the whole time on that issue whereas Chouchou was serious about it) as Naruto didn't seem to catch on.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 pm

^Tbh I don't really know what the Naruto fandom in general thinks about that moment. But I assumed the SasuSaku family talked a lot the time they spent together. I don't think this rivalry between Sakura and Ino disturbed Sasuke or Sakura (-assuming- while talking/joking about it) but maybe Sarada (who despite showing signs of maturity is still naive).

All in all, I agree that she wants to spend the most time possible with her parents. That's why I could imagine Sarada to try to stop an "ex fangirl" disturbing this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 pm

General sentiment is that Sarada doesn't want Ino talking to Sasuke... the underlining reason depends on the person but usually focused on the Sakura/Ino rivalry.

I don't think they talked on the trip back. Sarada was shown walking with Chouchou while Sakura, Sasuke, & Naruto were shown walking together. That divide makes sense due to their ages and comfort levels with each other. That's why when they finally reached Konoha and would be breaking up in 3 groups (Naruto as a "single group," Chouchou as a "single group," and the Uchihas--Sasuke, Sakura, & Sarada--as a single group) that Sarada would get to really spend time with Sasuke in the family situation that she'd always wished for. Sarada wouldn't want that delayed, especially as Chouchou's issue was finally resolved favorably for everyone.

Even though it's not talked about much, I'm curious what kind of mission Chouji & Ino would've been on that would've required Chouji to use up so much of his chakra that he became so thin.

Oh, forgot to mention, that Ino being on an official mission effectively shows that the ladies becoming mothers didn't stop them from working as ninjas.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Even though it's not talked about much, I'm curious what kind of mission Chouji & Ino would've been on that would've required Chouji to use up so much of his chakra that he became so thin.

Oh, forgot to mention, that Ino being on an official mission effectively shows that the ladies becoming mothers didn't stop them from working as ninjas.

Very interesting point. Considering that Chouji and Ino are now part of the most experienced Shinobi in Konoha, one can conclude it was a serious mission (either a A class or S class mission). The reason of this mission could have something to do with what will occur in the movie.

Hopefully we'll get to see mama Hinata in action...

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:04 am

I glad Naruto gaiden end for good, it really gave us more closure for other character. Karin became more mature and became Sakura friends in nice revelation, thumb up for Kishi
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum