Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

What has been Sasuke doing? (Theories?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What has been Sasuke doing? (Theories?)

Post by Irielo on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:53 am

The past 11-12 years, Sasuke has been away and the reason of his absence will surely be explained, but in the meantime I'm interested to know what are your theories and thoughts about it.

As I did not watch The Last yet, I might lack some elements which could make a solid theory, so I'm going to elaborate something from the things based on the manga and my imagination.

Sasuke went on his journey in chapter 699 but as far as I could understand, he appeared in The Last which events happened 2 years after the 4th ninja war if I'm not wrong.

When Sasuke meets Sakura, he will learn that she has an illness. Actually, only Tsunade, Naruto and Sakura know about it. Unfortunately, it's a kind of disease that neither Tsunade nor Sakura have a remedy for it. It's an evolutive sickness which will start to manifest itself after some time through frequent fainting, a kind of sickness which can sleep some years to awaken one day.

Sasuke after getting some informations about Sakura's sleeping disease, decides to go to find a remedy. But shortly after he leaves, Sakura learns she is pregnant... Sasuke's quest for a remedy will lead him to his former teammates of Taka and Orochimaru. The problem is that even though Taka (and Orochimaru) helped during the war, they are still not trusted. Even Sasuke has not been completely forgiven for what he has done during the Kage Summit.

That's how, on his way back to Konoha (after finding the remedy), he will get arrested maybe by Kumo who wants him to remain in jail for some years to "pay" for his past deeds.
After more than 10 years passed in jail, Sasuke is free again and makes himself on the way to Konoha. He feels like someone is calling him but he does not know who. He does not realize it is Sarada (chapter 700), his daughter. The only thing he knows, he has to get to Konoha and be by Sakura's side as soon as possible.

Sorry, it turned out to be more something which could serve as an idea for a fan fiction rather than a theory. So, if you have some theories and thoughts about this issue, you can just share them.

Last edited by Irielo on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Something I forgot to mention)

Back to top Go down

Re: What has been Sasuke doing? (Theories?)

Post by Bubbles on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:45 pm

He's been rooted to the forest floor, becoming one with nature. 'Tis why the only time we see him is when he's doing a half turn on panel in a forest. Poor man can barely move right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Bubbles wrote:He's been rooted to the forest floor, becoming one with nature. 'Tis why the only time we see him is when he's doing a half turn on panel in a forest. Poor man can barely move right now.

Lol! Bubbles, you seem to be very "happy" about Sasuke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Irielo wrote:
Bubbles wrote:He's been rooted to the forest floor, becoming one with nature. 'Tis why the only time we see him is when he's doing a half turn on panel in a forest. Poor man can barely move right now.

Lol! Bubbles, you seem to be very "happy" about Sasuke.
I feel bad for him. Once again, Kishi is using him to push his drama plot, and is now making him look like a "womanizer" (even though we know it's all shade for plot.) a "deadbeat dad who won't pay child support," and have him leave like a wayward vagabond for 12 years, leaving two people he obviously would not be leaving like that since they are his friggin' family, and who in this manga loves and cherishes family like a mofo? Sasuke. I'm just annoyed by Kishi right now, whatever he came up with, it better be good enough to explain why he keeps making my babies suffer, and now bringing my grandbaby into this? it's unacceptable. #madgranny XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Bubbles wrote:I feel bad for him. Once again, Kishi is using him to push his drama plot, and is now making him look like a "womanizer" (even though we know it's all shade for plot.) a "deadbeat dad who won't pay child support," and have him leave like a wayward vagabond for 12 years, leaving two people he obviously would not be leaving like that since they are his friggin' family, and who in this manga loves and cherishes family like a mofo? Sasuke. I'm just annoyed by Kishi right now, whatever he came up with, it better be good enough to explain why he keeps making my babies suffer, and now bringing my grandbaby into this? it's unacceptable. #madgranny XD

Right. The explanations need to be damn good... In my first post scenario, I tried to imagine what could have been the reason Sasuke took so long. I even "assumed" he does not know he has a daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:01 am

What Sasuke has been doing? Dodging Child support, trying to take over the world, fighting, brooding over the fact Naruto whooped his butt, smoking what ever drug it is Uchiha smoke that makes them insane, communing with nature to embrace his inner hippie, cloud watching and thinking about his mistakes in life, got lost on the road of life, trying his hand as a pirate on the grand line, had a black cat cross his path so he had to take the long way around, those type of things.

All joking aside. In all probability he is on a long term mission, though what is any ones guess. I can't think of any reason even the military would keep a man away from his family for that long. Short of full blown war anyway. Even the US military tries to keep separation down to a year, year and a half at most. Because separation effects morale very much. Even during the height of the Iraq war the US Army didn't allow deployments to exceed 15 months. WW2 would be the point where troops stayed away the longest though in that case the nation as a whole made sure the children knew exactly why their fathers were not there.

I honestly can't think of any reason to be away for 12 long years that wouldn't be an asspull for Kishi.
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:19 am

It could be that he is on a long-term mission meow69. But what kind of mission? I doubt it would be (if that's the case) the same kind of missions soldiers in military forces are sent to.

I would rather go with the "special agent" or "spy" theory. In that case, the mission would be a secret one. I just don't know how it would be portrayed. Itachi for instance was supposed to spy on Akatsuki (and to give informations about them) but this issue was never addressed if I'm not wrong. I can't remember Itachi giving informations to Hiruzen, Danzo or Jiraiya, but I can only assume it. However, Kabuto spying skills has been highly fleshed out.

If Sasuke is also doing such a job, I am curious to see how it will be fleshed out. That could also be an opportunity to go deeper into the spying/special or secret agent issue and past things which needed to have answers.

Last edited by Irielo on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Modifying and adding something)

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am

I'll have too agree with Bubbles-chan. Using Saskue too push a drama plot (where have we heard that before)?

But i feel the reasons will be shown too all.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:00 am

The only theory I've got is that it has something to do with Sakura and/or Sarada (one or both of them). Jiraiya was on a very long-term mission during the entirety of his time alive in the manga (and it started long before Naruto was born). The idea of a long-term mission isn't that far-fetched for this series (if it even turns out to be what it appears at the moment).

What I find interesting (that's been ignored to my knowledge) is the fact that Kakashi is the one who would've sent Sasuke on this mission if it has been going on for most of Sarada's life. Naruto didn't become Hokage until Sarada was already in the academy.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Irielo wrote:
Right. The explanations need to be damn good... In my first post scenario, I tried to imagine what could have been the reason Sasuke took so long. I even "assumed" he does not know he has a daughter.
Definitely. I mean, I can't tell you how devastated I was when I first saw that panel. Poor Sarada-chan! Never having met her papa, for as long as she can recall? Hearbreaking.

Honestly, I would be even more upset if this were the case, because the way I see it, if he doesn't know he has a daughter, then...Sasuke left Sakura for twelve years and did not get in contact with her? Because Sakura has already waited for this dude for like, 5 years already (3 years during shippuden, 2 years for the last). And because that is the only way I can see him not knowing, because Sakura surely wouldn't hold that back from him. Or if she did...? Basically, it would put either Sasuke in a bad light or Sakura. Sasuke for leaving his wife for 12 years without contact, after just leaving for 5, making her having waited a total of 17 years (far more than he'd ever spent with her), or Sakura for never informing him he has a child and leaving Sarada to be fatherless and upset.

I just, can't imagine what he has planned that will make up for this....or if anything really can? I'm just waiting at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:The only theory I've got is that it has something to do with Sakura and/or Sarada (one or both of them). Jiraiya was on a very long-term mission during the entirety of his time alive in the manga (and it started long before Naruto was born). The idea of a long-term mission isn't that far-fetched for this series (if it even turns out to be what it appears at the moment).

What I find interesting (that's been ignored to my knowledge) is the fact that Kakashi is the one who would've sent Sasuke on this mission if it has been going on for most of Sarada's life. Naruto didn't become Hokage until Sarada was already in the academy.

True. Jiraiya as an example of someone on a very long-term mission is spot on in that regard (sometimes one misses to see the most obvious, lol). I think what is bothersome lies in the fact that Sasuke never met Sarada and has been away from his family for 12 years. Jiraiya was single: no family, no children. Anyway, it remains the universe of Shinobi, where people learn how to accept and support such situation for the greater good even if it might be painful.

Kakashi sending Sasuke on a mission is also a very interesting point to consider. Now, what kind of mission is another question.

Bubbles wrote:Definitely. I mean, I can't tell you how devastated I was when I first saw that panel. Poor Sarada-chan! Never having met her papa, for as long as she can recall? Hearbreaking.

Honestly, I would be even more upset if this were the case, because the way I see it, if he doesn't know he has a daughter, then...Sasuke left Sakura for twelve years and did not get in contact with her? Because Sakura has already waited for this dude for like, 5 years already (3 years during shippuden, 2 years for the last). And because that is the only way I can see him not knowing, because Sakura surely wouldn't hold that back from him. Or if she did...? Basically, it would put either Sasuke in a bad light or Sakura. Sasuke for leaving his wife for 12 years without contact, after just leaving for 5, making her having waited a total of 17 years (far more than he'd ever spent with her), or Sakura for never informing him he has a child and leaving Sarada to be fatherless and upset.

I just, can't imagine what he has planned that will make up for this....or if anything really can? I'm just waiting at this point.

That's why I thought if Sasuke does not know about Sarada, it could mean he is deprived from the freedom of having contact with Sakura and the only explanation I could come up with is he would have been jailed somewhere.
Now if we go with the theory that he is on a very long-time mission, as a Shinobi, Sakura has to accept and understand that her man is working for a "greater good". To endure, is also a part of a Shinobi's fate. This is something Sarada seems not to understand or to find absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Fri May 01, 2015 3:53 am

I hope in chapter 2 we will got a good explanation what actually Sasuke doing for 12 year.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri May 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Jiraiya had a god-son: Naruto. He may not be biologically responsible, but the point of godparents is that you take over if the parents can't raise the kid. Jiraiya didn't do that until Naruto was basically 13 years old. So, from my current vantage point, the situation is very potentially similar. We'll find out the differences beyond the obvious (Sarada always had Sakura whereas Naruto had no one) soon enough.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu May 14, 2015 5:19 am

With the recent events, the theory about Sasuke working for Konoha as a special agent seems to be confirmed. What was he dealing with exactly during these past years are maybe some stuffs which remained from the war and which could have represented a potential danger.

This mini-Juubi like thing which was spying outside Konoha in today's chapter (700 +3) could in this perspective be the kind of things Sasuke had to deal with.

Anyway, it could be that Sasuke preferred to protect the village, his family and especially his daughter by remaining outside it, by preventing things to happen rather than waiting for the danger to come inside. Besides, if the infos in regard to Sarada's birth are missing, if he seemingly did not have any contact with her all this time, it might have been him who asked for it to be the way it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum