Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Irielo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:56 am

After reading and hearing some comments around the internet regarding the 1 chapter of Naruto Gaiden, there are some stuffs and some reactions which I don't understand and which are pissing me off to some extent.

First of all, it's not difficult to see that Sarada's face is similar to her mum: expressions, form... Secondly, to think she is Karin's biological daughter because she also wears glasses is superficial.

Some are trying to use the fact that Sarada found a picture of Taka and Karin as a hint showing the latter is Sarada's real mother... WTF??? Sarada has her dad's issues and it's normal (given the situation) and people should keep in mind that she is having these issues, not them. I mean, as a reader, it's not difficult to see that Sarada is a girl having some existential questions about her identity and the world she is living in.

Worst of all, Sakura is still the victim of some unfair critics. Some who think Sarada's eventually Karin's daughter describe Sakura as "pathetic" because she would have adopted Sarada only to keep a connection to Sasuke... Are you fucking kidding me?

Even though Sakura would have adopted Sarada (which did not happen), where is the problem? It is a great thing to take care of a child and to raise this child ALONE whether the latter is adopted or not.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Naruto<3 Hinata on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:32 am

I wasn't trying to call Sakura pathetic nor was I trying to criticise her, I am just curious what the author's intention is by ending the first chapter like that. Another question I would like to ask why don't they have a pictire of them together aince they are married. Over the years I came to like Sakura as fan, thats why I am not criticising her. But I would like to find out the answers for questions that bug me and things I am curious of. Don't know whether it came out rude.
avatar
Naruto<3 Hinata


Posts : 120
Gender : Female
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by H. Uzumaki on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am

I don't really care either way who Sarada's mother is. The plot has a nice thematic element that will have Sarada appreciate Sakura as her mother more in the end, be it biological or not or left unanswered. In fact, ultimately, the entire plot will bring the SS family closer together through this tribulation.

I recognize as a writer the usage of that plot point is a nice dramatic pull that throws up another juggling ball in Sarada's life. From a writer's standpoint, the question in Sarada's head (Even if the reader already knows the answer) makes the tension awesome for her. I appreciate the writing for that.

As a reader, I also strongly lean that Sakura is the real mother, because:

1: If Sarada is Karin's, Karin is probably dead. Because -if- she is alive, she too needs strong reasons on why she left her child to Sakura to raise alone. It would be far, far, far worse than Sasuke's action, and I'm wondering why she so far seems to be escaping fan criticism -if- they really think she is the mother.

2: Various interviews. Though, you never know with authors in the end. :P

I think Sasuke has been unfairly criticized too. I'm sure his reasons will be revealed to be noble, if painful to family. But I have the military brat background, so recognize the sacrifices one has to do for their country, which hurt you, their children, with their lack of presence.
avatar
H. Uzumaki


Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Naruto<3 Hinata on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:24 am

But did Sasuke not leave for the redemption for actions he took? If his gone because of the redemption then he should be with his family, isnt that the right think to do? Naruto who is busy has time for bolt but Sarada has never met her father. I really hope theres a good reason for his actions.
avatar
Naruto<3 Hinata


Posts : 120
Gender : Female
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:50 am

The chapter ended the way it did to cause "drama" (**continues eating popcorn**). Yay to the parts of the fandom that are overreacting to the obvious as usual (**is reminded of the nonsense over chapters 450, 457, 469 initial spoilers, 631, and 663 the most at the moment**). Those constant reactions are why it was done as there needs to be some form of drama. It's not that much different from when the fandom initially went crazy thinking "NaruSaku" over hearing that Sakura is confessing to Naruto (and claiming Hinata was a nobody due to 450 & 457)... but then the chapter dropped and context changed everything. Though the same kind of silly overreactions happened again for 631 and 663. **shrugs**

We don't know why Sasuke has not been around--but we do know that Sakura is not that concerned about it, which means it's an understandable reason.

If you actually follow the way Kishimoto writes, he always shows the "worse" thing and then eventually explains why it's not what you thought if you took it the "worse" way. I've seen this pattern enough to know to just wait instead of react immediately.

I honestly can't wait for the next source of drama that will cause an overreaction. I'm just wondering if it will happen in the next chapter or the 3rd. ^_^
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Irielo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Naruto<3 Hinata wrote:I wasn't trying to call Sakura pathetic nor was I trying to criticise her, I am just curious what the author's intention is by ending the first chapter like that.  Another question I would like to ask why don't they have a pictire of them together aince they are married. Over the years I came to like Sakura as fan, thats why I am not criticising her. But I would like to find out the answers for questions that bug me and things I am curious of. Don't know whether it came out rude.

I did not target you especially. Besides, I did not know what was your thought about this issue. I was talking about what I saw and heard in different places of the Naruto fandom.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by db84x on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:11 am

Chapter 1 ending is really brilliant idea to spice out fandom
avatar
db84x


Posts : 137
Gender : Male
Location : Shark and Crocodile city

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Naruto<3 Hinata on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Okay thanks
avatar
Naruto<3 Hinata


Posts : 120
Gender : Female
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Zoey on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 am

At some point I read somewhere that Karin is dead and that Sarada's glasses are actually her's. I don't know if it's true or not but it's an interesting idea to think about. The only issue here is that how did they know (Sakura and Sasuke) that their child would have eye problems (unless those glasses have actually some kind of power though I doubt that).

I really don't think Karin is Sarada's mother. I actually find it funny that the author decided to reveal what's up with the similarities between the two since the very first chapter. I guess he was conscious that the fans will come up with all kinds of ideas the main one being that Sarada is Karin's daughter.

Looking forward to see what's up with Sasuke too (why did he left for so much time as well as seeing the relationship between him, Sakura & Sarada).

_________________

|Tumblr| Credit: AlbertoSanCami for the picture|
avatar
Zoey


Posts : 179
Gender : Female
Location : Romania

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 am

Zoey wrote:At some point I read somewhere that Karin is dead and that Sarada's glasses are actually her's.

That "theory" was part of the most popular fake spoilers for "The Last" that were made up back in November 2014 when people were thinking "The Last" was going to focus on everyone's love life and not just Naruto's love life (there were quite a few fake spoilers back then, but the Karin dying to save Sasuke & Sakura was part of the main one that was actually believed by quite a few people back then).

That basic "theory" is only making the rounds again because of the first chapter of the gaiden and the fact that some people are busy trying to "prove" Sarada is Karin's daughter while explaining why Karin isn't raising her if she's the mother.

Personally, I expect we'll finally just learn where Karin, Suigetsu, and Juugo ended up when chapter 700 happened and I expect that they're all alive somewhere.
avatar
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Mustang on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:47 pm

for me it is just this jumping the gun thing that is annoying, sure this chapter does bring some implications, but even I am not doubting who Sarada's mother is (now). If Sarada wasn't wearing her glasses then no one would point it out, but since she is wearing Karin style glasses, then we are going to have this jumping to conclusions like we had in the last chapter.

the end of the last chapter was to add some drama to the series, it seems like Kishi learned a bit more to diversify his writing style a little more which gives me the feeling that this saga will revolve around family values.

but right now, we just need to wait and see where this ends up.

another reader wrote:Sarada has the shape of Sakura's eyes, face and even her large forehead, apart from the glasses, Sarada has no traits inherited by Karin

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by meow69 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:51 pm

I can honestly see why both sides would believe as they do. I can see features from both Karin and Sakura in Sarada. Eyes and forehead from Sakura head shapefrom Karin. Also it is more common that a parent that wears glasses would have at least one child that will need them as well.  It could go either way honestly. My main issue isn't the who her mother is but why the hell isn't Sasuke there raising his/their child with Sakura. Sasuke and Naruto both know the value of family better than anyone. He better have a damned good reason to father a child and then run or that will add yet another reason I dislike Sasuke.

If Sarada is Karin's daughter then why isn't she there. It also seems fishy that Sakura doesn't even have picture of her and Sasuke. Why keep a picture of Sasuke and Taka in a place of honor if she had any wedding pictures of her own. There is much that should be answered very soon. But something is fishy about Sasuke and Sakura's whole relationship.

Also there is the issue of why Sasuke is returning now after all his time away. Is it because Sakura is very sick? Did he accomplish what ever it is he needed to accomplish? Is he there to stay or is this just a visit? Shizune said Sakura has been fainting a lot lately. There are many medical issues that could be causing it. I hope not but it is a possibility.

In closing regardless if Sakura is Sarada's biological mother she is still Sarada's Mom. She was the one that fed her and changed her diapers. The one that comforted her when she was teething. Got rid of the monsters in the closet and all the other things Moms do. She also did it as a single mother. I like to think Naruto and the rest of the Konoha 12 helped out when they could. But they could only help so much. Being a single mother raised my respect for Sakura a bunch. More so if she did it for a child that is not hers biologically.


Last edited by meow69 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added something)
avatar
meow69


Posts : 177
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Naruto<3 Hinata on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

I actually agree with you. My mother raised me and my siblings by herself an because of that I can understand how hard it is to raise a child by yourself. Sakura did great raising Sarada. Lets just wait for Sasukes point of view.
avatar
Naruto<3 Hinata


Posts : 120
Gender : Female
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Or this is just a troll by Kishi too get back those who harassed him and his assistants on how Naruto ended.

BTW i think Sadara is SS daughter. Kishi will give us answers before it ends.
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by meow69 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 pm

racefan1992 wrote:Or this is just a troll by Kishi too get back those who harassed him and his assistants on how Naruto ended.

BTW i think Sadara is SS daughter. Kishi will give us answers before it ends.

It very well might be a troll from Kishi as far as who Sarada's biological Mother is. I'm simply saying to me it doesn't matter whether Sakura is or isn't Sarada's biological mother. With the fainting something is definitely is going on with Sakura. Something that Sarada probably doesn't know about or doesn't know the full extent of. That is in all probability is why Sasuke has returned after all those years. As I also said in my last post the fact the picture that in the beginning looked like a wedding picture wasn't a wedding picture at all is important. If Sakura had a wedding picture wouldn't she have displayed that in a place of honor instead? Instead it was a group shot of Taka.
avatar
meow69


Posts : 177
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Mustang on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:00 pm

the picture she had of Sasuke was really the only picture she felt she could use, since she never really got a picture of Sasuke as an adult for that matter and this is where I feel some of the readers are jumping to conclusions, the lack of any family photos is what makes Sarada question the bond of her family and since her father was never around, it really makes it difficult for to figure things out.

you know unlike Naruto, Hinata, Bolt and HImawari, the SasuSaku family never really had a portrait, which really for Sarada adds to her confusion, to which I believe will be put to rest in the coming chapters when she does meet her father for the first time.

_________________
the endgame pairing was there ever any doubt
avatar
Mustang


Posts : 2141
Gender : Male
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Bubbles on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Honestly, I think it is ridiculous for anyone to even assume Karin is Sarada's mother. Sorry, but your reading comprehension would have to suck harder than NaruSaku's to believe that tripe, and trust, that would be a fantastic feat all on its own. Take off Sarada's glasses and it's all SasuSaku in that girl. Once again, Kishi throws some pointless drama into the mix to rile up the masses because SasuSaku is the most shitstorm bringing pairing, and also the most popular amongst the het pairings. I am incredibly annoyed at this entire thing, but Karin = Sarada's daughter has always been and always will be, a colossal joke.

_________________
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by H. Uzumaki on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:21 am

I disagree strongly that its pointless. Writers don't write just to write. The beginning of the writing process is all the creative, jumbled up side of the brain, but when its finally been published, both sides of the brain have been used. Order and chaos have been united, and at that point, the author knows exactly what he is doing.

I also do not believe questioning of the mother is meant for the reader so much. There's data in the next movie flatly saying she is the child of the union of the both of them.

Its meant for Sarada herself.

In my Naruto hero/heroine essay (Which I'm almost done with, may publish today or tomorrow), uncertain parentage is often a trope for the hero or heroine, even if it is -false-. It, along with Sarada's questioning the point of a ninja, is all supposed to serve as a crisis of identity, of a need to find and identify herself.

For Naruto, forging his identity was no problem, so it was the second element: Having this desired identity acknowledged, which fueled his journey.

For Boruto, its going to be a variant of the crisis of identity: Forging an identity outside of his father's boots, and then having that identity acknowledged.



avatar
H. Uzumaki


Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Irielo on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:43 am

I agree completely that "it's meant for Sarada herself". The thing is that some are blind enough not to realize that, while some others use it as an opportunity to diminish SasuSaku and Sakura, that Kishimoto is "trolling" SasuSaku and has no consideration for Sakura...

I can just understand that those who like the SasuSaku pairing would have preferred to see a happy SasuSaku family. But once again, the drama seems to come from an issue regarding the Uchiha...

Anyway, I think if there were no ridiculous comments and bashing on SasuSaku and Sakura especially, it would not have been a problem.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by meow69 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:09 pm

I take back what I said about Karin possibly being Sarada's mother. Not to sound like a Pedo but. Looking at Bubble's avatar I realized Sarada inherited Sakura's ass. In a few more years. The sexiness that is Sakura's ass gets passed on to the next generation. Bolt will be a very lucky man when he is old enough.
avatar
meow69


Posts : 177
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Bubbles on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Irielo wrote:I agree completely that "it's meant for Sarada herself". The thing is that some are blind enough not to realize that, while some others use it as an opportunity to diminish SasuSaku and Sakura, that Kishimoto is "trolling" SasuSaku and has no consideration for Sakura...

I can just understand that those who like the SasuSaku pairing would have preferred to see a happy SasuSaku family. But once again, the drama seems to come from an issue regarding the Uchiha...

Anyway, I think if there were no ridiculous comments and bashing on SasuSaku and Sakura especially, it would not have been a problem.

It's not even just that though. I (as many SS), fully expected it to not be perfect. Sure, we had our headcanons and whatnot, but we also expected that Sasuke would be away for some time, because him just settling down all cozy like that forever does not suit him. But not like this. Never expected him to literally leave for all of twelve years, and have Sarada not even have a memory of ever meeting him. Sorry, but Kishi had a million other ways to bring drama to his story, without constantly throwing it all at SasuSaku. Wayward Sauce, single mom Sakura, identity crisis Sarada, who thinks Karin is her mom. All this after SS became canon. I suppose I can reserve my full rant about this until I see if anybody else is having drama going on in their lives, but honestly, I severely doubt it. SS is the horse he will beat to get it.

meow69 wrote:I take back what I said about Karin possibly being Sarada's mother. Not to sound like a Pedo but. Looking at Bubble's avatar I realized Sarada inherited Sakura's ass. In a few more years. The sexiness that is Sakura's ass gets passed on to the next generation. Bolt will be a very lucky man when he is old enough.
Spoiler:




“PLEASE cover yourself dear”
Fanart Source
First image is an edit by sasusakurules

_________________
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Irielo on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:43 pm

^It's a Shinobi world dear, it's a Shinobi world... As the Uchiha have their loads of issues and dramas in the Narutoverse and because Sasuke was/is an issue himself, SasuSaku will also get affected. Besides, there might be some stuffs regarding this clan and its past which have to be dealt with. That could be the reason of Sasuke's long absence.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Bubbles on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:51 am

Irielo wrote:^It's a Shinobi world dear, it's a Shinobi world... As the Uchiha have their loads of issues and dramas in the Narutoverse and because Sasuke was/is an issue himself, SasuSaku will also get affected. Besides, there might be some stuffs regarding this clan and its past which have to be dealt with. That could be the reason of Sasuke's long absence.  
I could say a lot on this and why I do not buy it, but I'm going to reserve my complete judgment until I read more. I'll just say this; right now, I do not see what would warrant Sasuke's journey without any contact directly with his daughter. It is completely out of character for the way Sasuke was portrayed in regards to family.

_________________
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Irielo on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Irielo wrote:^It's a Shinobi world dear, it's a Shinobi world... As the Uchiha have their loads of issues and dramas in the Narutoverse and because Sasuke was/is an issue himself, SasuSaku will also get affected. Besides, there might be some stuffs regarding this clan and its past which have to be dealt with. That could be the reason of Sasuke's long absence.  
I could say a lot on this and why I do not buy it, but I'm going to reserve my complete judgment until I read more. I'll just say this; right now, I do not see what would warrant Sasuke's journey without any contact directly with his daughter. It is completely out of character for the way Sasuke was portrayed in regards to family.

To the bolded: Since he has learnt more about the Uchiha, the massacre and so on, I think Sasuke's views of a family, a clan and a village might have changed.

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Bubbles on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Irielo wrote:To the bolded: Since he has learnt more about the Uchiha, the massacre and so on, I think Sasuke's views of a family, a clan and a village might have changed.

Perhaps, but we have no proof. Still, there are far more questions to ask given the current state of the world. Why is Sasuke off on a 12 year mission, when we have clearly seen in chapter 700 that most people are slacking off doing nothing? Heck, Anko had time to get fat, and Tenten is so bored, and can't sell anything because the world is "so peaceful."

And the old Kage are able to sit around every week and talk about old times. It's even shown that many kids are hardly taking being ninja all that seriously, so I find it hard to believe that whatever Sasuke is doing, it's somehow for the greater good of the shinobi world that might be on the brink of anything going wrong.

Sasuke has been out of Sarada's life practically since she was born and we just saw 700, in which she wasn't that much younger, yet everything is looking hunky dory in ninja land, they were even able to build the place up more with zero signs of danger. Though I find it harder to believe that it took only 3 days to defeat 3 of the top threats to humanity, where it is somehow taking Sasuke 12 years to do whatever the heck it is he is doing.

But it's like I said, I don't have all the answers, just a bunch of questions. We'll see what Kishi does.

_________________
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura IS Sarada's mother (rant)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum