Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Reality/Magic of NaruHina

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reality/Magic of NaruHina

Post by Irielo on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:25 am

NaruHina makes me dream. What I like the most about the pairing (as I often stated it, lol) is their connection. The way they can feel each other... It's like a kind of telepathy. There are other aspects, such as their own development and the mutual support which contribute to make this pairing so fascinating...

Anyway, I just wanted to know if you believe such thing could exist in reality or if it's purely fictional. That is the reason why I had to ask, because as for me, the pairing is almost like a dream, an ideal...

Note: If you are participating, please do not use examples from The Last movie. I have not seen it yet. My liking regarding the couple comes from the manga.

Back to top Go down

Re: Reality/Magic of NaruHina

Post by H. Uzumaki on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:01 pm

It could definitely exist in my opinion.

I greatly relate to both of them in regards to love. There was a scene in the movie where she is indecisive about going out tonight to confess to Naruto again, or stay in since it was late. How I oft did the same thing, going forward, then going back, oh may be later... I've also been on the other side, completely oblivious to the other's feelings. But the eventual reciprocation is beautiful, and dream-like.

After the reciprocation you face reality, and when you're still in highschool... you're not going to quite have the journey Naruto and Hinata have yet. It takes a certain chemistry and maturity to keep it going, and Naruto and Hinata have that. :)

So its possible in my opinion, but takes work after the reciprocation.
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 pm

^ Thanks for the reply.

As The Last is not going to be shown in cinemas here, I am going to buy the movie when I'll have the opportunity to do so. The example you've used with this scene is quite relatable. It happens sometimes to be indecisive while being in love...

I think The Last might be "the icing on the cake". However, we as fans started to like the pairing long before it happened. There are some aspects of NaruHina which were already appealing. If you take a look to this thread, you can read some reasons why people  like NaruHina. Thus my question regarding the reality and the fiction.

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Actually it rarely happen because it very hard keep unrequited love for years like Hinata.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 am

db84x wrote:Actually it rarely happen because it very hard keep unrequited love for years like Hinata.

This is a good point. Patience is a great thing. Anyway, I think it's from chapters 558-559 that Hinata started to have the confidence that she would be with Naruto one day (as suggested in ch 573). Anyway, I don't think she wanted to rush things or put some pressure on Naruto.

It's not a kind of love saying: "I want this to happen now and it must happen at any costs".

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:15 am

Some of the things of NH are realistic and some are not.

Naruto unable too tell his love for Hinata is real. Happens all the time.
Hinatas shyness on re-confessing her love for Naruto and giving him the scraf is real.
Naruto holding her hand in the war. As the saying goes "Love can bloom on a battlefield." Subconsciously he knew what doing. Consciously he still clueless.
Proud Failure Speech, can see that happening.
Married young. Naruto is roughly 20-21 and Hinata is 19-20 years of age. It does happen in real life.

The rest of their relationship is well i'd say "unrealistic" but can dip into "real life" at times.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 am

Can you elaborate racefan on the "unrealistic" parts? And in my opinion, the unrequired love ultimately depends on the person/personality. Some would move on quick, some may hold it on for many years. It varies between persons. I've held people in my heart for about as long as Hinata, so relate to that. Others wouldn't bother with the patience. Uncommon, but maybe not as rare as you think. (Depends on how you define love too. Very subjective subject matter though.)

To continue on my thoughts, there's no objective answer. It ultimately is fiction, but fiction is based and grown from reality. As a writer/editor, I can say there are three aspects of fictional relationships that tend to be exaggerated or a little unrealistic for the sake of good writing:

The Velocity of the relationship: Unless the audience is interested in a documentary of every detail, its necessary to brush through some parts and days of a relationship Its why some couples seem to form rather quickly. If the romance is a subplot, its even going to be pushed a little faster for the need of good story-telling. The metaphor to take from it realistically is that the "Key points" of the relationship are the same. Just don't expect your real-life to hit each one up to marriage in two hours or however long it takes you to read the story/watch the movie.

The Difficulty: You know the classic knight must do a boon to win his lady format? Well, unless you're saving the world like Naruto is in the Last, you're not quite going through the same nearly impossible travails. The difficulty, the tests they go through to find love is more of a metaphor of real life relationships, told in a more entertaining and fantasized way to express a lesson about reality: Love takes work. Writers know readers prefer these euphonized details in lighter stories because they're reading to escape, not to be reminded.
The intensity: Some fall in love -very- fast. Naruto doesn't really suffer this despite both Hinata and Sakura having undying love for their future spouses, the intensity of their love grew as the story moved on. This is more for love at first sight stories, or stories told in a single day when the couple gets together at the end.

All three elements really key in to both a fault and need of fictional story-telling to express reality well, but also make it entertaining, teach a lesson, and create something memorable.

So in the end, the little details may be a little unrealistic (Or more so slight exaggerations these days, odd couples are everywhere), but the gist of Naruhina, the other cannon relationships, and relationships in fiction in general are realistically founded.
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:43 pm

^

Patience. That is what i meant by "unrealistic." As humans we have patience but  only too a certain point. People do move on. In written form a writer can make any of his/her characters as patient as possible. Real life is different. Humans change over time, well some do. I shouldn't generalize.

But like i said, some is "unrealistic" but dips into "real life" at times. Kishimoto balances realism and non-realism quite well.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Ah, okay.

I'll mostly disagree on the patience. Comes down to the human being.

When it comes to love, some are -very- patient. I think musicians are a fine example of "patience.". They spend -decades- becoming one, playing the same instrument day by day, hoping to be good enough, hoping to pass that -one- audition, then get into that one orchestra. For love, it depends on the results. Hinata felt she was getting closer and closer. If she wasn't getting any results, she'd probably get discouraged, as she sometimes did.

Its sort of a Heroine/Hero thing to keep going and persevere. The types of story teach patience, so in romances especially, you may see lessons of patience (When results are positive. It teaches a different lessons when results are negative.).

It might be uncommon, but definitely realistic. But again, depends on the human being.

And same thing for writing. People want their characters to feel real, so you're not going to have a character endlessly patient without a solid reason. A mother may have endless patience out of unconditional love to her son, but a friend may have very limited patience to the son's same behavior. You can't really write their patience the same way due to the cause.

More of a writer/artsy type myself, so coming from a -very- patience person, as required for the arts!
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 am

H. Uzumaki wrote: It ultimately is fiction, but fiction is based and grown from reality.
The difficulty, the tests they go through to find love is more of a metaphor of real life relationships, told in a more entertaining and fantasized way to express a lesson about reality: Love takes work.

I agree. Although you've already explained the mechanisms of how an author entertains his/her audience, sometimes I also think it's a part of his own wishes.
To the bolded: I think love takes works especially to keep it as passionate as it was when it started. It's like learning to fall in love constantly with the one you are together with.

All three elements really key in to both a fault and need of fictional story-telling to express reality well, but also make it entertaining, teach a lesson, and create something memorable.

So in the end, the little details may be a little unrealistic (Or more so slight exaggerations these days, odd couples are everywhere), but the gist of Naruhina, the other cannon relationships, and relationships in fiction in general are realistically founded.

I also support the "teaching a lesson" aspect. The question remains: is it an ideal or something which can be achieved universally? For instance, can someone really connect his/her heart to the beloved one or does this connection only exist from time to time or is that just a feeling coming from self-fantasies? (Sorry! It might sound boring but I like to share some thoughts/questions about existential issues)

H. Uzumaki wrote:When it comes to love, some are -very- patient. I think musicians are a fine example of "patience.". They spend -decades- becoming one, playing the same instrument day by day, hoping to be good enough, hoping to pass that -one- audition, then get into that one orchestra. For love, it depends on the results. Hinata felt she was getting closer and closer. If she wasn't getting any results, she'd probably get discouraged, as she sometimes did.

Its sort of a Heroine/Hero thing to keep going and persevere. The types of story teach patience, so in romances especially, you may see lessons of patience (When results are positive. It teaches a different lessons when results are negative.).

It might be uncommon, but definitely realistic. But again, depends on the human being.

And same thing for writing. People want their characters to feel real, so you're not going to have a character endlessly patient without a solid reason. A mother may have endless patience out of unconditional love to her son, but a friend may have very limited patience to the son's same behavior. You can't really write their patience the same way due to the cause.

More of a writer/artsy type myself, so coming from a -very- patience person, as required for the arts!

This ^
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 am

I agree love takes work. Also most too much work. lol

Naruto and Hinata do not have much too work on too start off with. But with marriage and kids? Oh yes. Naruto being Hokage will worked on. They will have too do time management for eachother. But as the ending of The Last shows, Narudad, Hinamom and the kiddies are a very, very happy family.

On a side note i part of me wishes Kishimoto got the romance done for Naruto sooner, for roughly 18 years of his life he did not understand/know about it. But he wanted love from a girl and family. Now i'm not saying Naruto had too marry Hinata at 16 years old. That is WAY too young but i think dating/BFGF status would have been fine. He could left them at 16/17 years old and still got the proper effect with The Last movie. But he waited, that is his choice.

But kids fall in love at 16/17 now a days. But hey it is Kishis choice, not mine.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

Irielo wrote:

I also support the "teaching a lesson" aspect. The question remains: is it an ideal or something which can be achieved universally? For instance, can someone really connect his/her heart to the beloved one or does this connection only exist from time to time or is that just a feeling coming from self-fantasies? (Sorry! It might sound boring but I like to share some thoughts/questions about existential issues)

[
This ^

Hrm, to answer that question in its purest form, I'd say its possible for only a few. Not everyone has the chemistry within themselves and with their partner to do it. Most would probably only get it "time to time." And for others, maybe the selfish, it'd just be their self-fantasies.

There's a fantasy in which characters die after the death of their true love, either after seeking revenge, or just on the spot. This fantasy actually mimicks reality, where some people die moments (Even if they were in perfect health) from the loss of their love. (Usually happens with those who have been together for an extremely long time.). Not everyone can achieve that kind of a connection which seems only fantastical to literally die of a broken heart.

I'd say most can't in the end, its an ideal many strive for but few achieve.

H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:38 pm

H. Uzumaki wrote:Hrm, to answer that question in its purest form, I'd say its possible for only a few. Not everyone has the chemistry within themselves and with their partner to do it. Most would probably only get it "time to time." And for others, maybe the selfish, it'd just be their self-fantasies.

There's a fantasy in which characters die after the death of their true love, either after seeking revenge, or just on the spot. This fantasy actually mimicks reality, where some people die moments (Even if they were in perfect health) from the loss of their love. (Usually happens with those who have been together for an extremely long time.). Not everyone can achieve that kind of a connection which seems only fantastical to literally die of a broken heart.

I'd say most can't in the end, its an ideal many strive for but few achieve.

To the bolded: That's a fine example when it comes to hearts' connection. I think someone who is connected to another person might be able to feel things happening to the other one. I know someone who was very closed to his sister. One day, he had a strong stomachache and he could not explain why. This day, his sister died.

I know, it's not a kind of romantic love like NaruHina, but a brother-sister love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum