Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie

Post by Irielo on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 am

I think it was pretty obvious that The Last was not about the NH development but how Naruto and Hinata came together. In that regard, there are some aspects, like the time factor, which we may agree or disagree on…

Basing myself on the manga and the NH "moments", "interactions" or "development" (or whatever you want to call it), both were mature enough to date shortly after the war imho...

However, they decided to show how Naruto and Hinata came together and a movie was made out of it. Therefore, some drama and actions were needed, as it is an action series. I can understand that having a villain threatening the Shinobi World just after the war would have been too much (as the Shinobi World had to heal its wounds, go through reparations and begin anew after it).

Anyway, I would have rather seen Naruto and Hinata dating 2-3 years then getting married, than them coming together after 2 years and getting married shortly after… But I guess it's just a question of taste and point of view… Please, don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:23 am

Irielo wrote:I think it was pretty obvious that The Last was not about the NH development but how Naruto and Hinata came together. In that regard, there are some aspects, like the time factor, which we may agree or disagree on…

Basing myself on the manga and the NH "moments", "interactions" or "development" (or whatever you want to call it), both were mature enough to date shortly after the war imho...

However, they decided to show how Naruto and Hinata came together and a movie was made out of it. Therefore, some drama and actions were needed, as it is an action series. I can understand that having a villain threatening the Shinobi World just after the war would have been too much (as the Shinobi World had to heal its wounds, go through reparations and begin anew after it).

Anyway, I would have rather seen Naruto and Hinata dating 2-3 years then getting married, than them coming together after 2 years and getting married shortly after… But I guess it's just a question of taste and point of view… Please, don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the movie.

Bold #1: Yes. They were more then ready based on the evidence. Naruto would still have is childish qualities but like it matters.

Bold #2: Again agreed. Too me their marriage was rushed.

NH shared a lot and have a lot between them. I must also add that Kishi made Hinata wait. And as a fan, it upsets me. I personally think it is a valid complaint that the time skip was wrong.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Nope, It just cultural difference.  Especially when Japan population is dwindle, they use popular anime to encourage younger generation for marry and have kid.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:37 am

db84x wrote:Nope, It just cultural difference.  Especially when Japan population is dwindle, they use popular anime to encourage younger generation for marry and have kid.

Okay answer me this (cultural stuff aside) what in their relationship changes without the 2 year time skip? The answer is nothing is except Naruto gets 2-3 more years with Hinata. Relationship, marriage, kids and everything else basically happens as it would. As the original SP plan had it happening and as Kishi showed in chapter 700.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:56 am

Kishi already run out idea for long series, The Last is convenient tools for Kishi to apply his idea without made more manga chapter.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:16 am

db84x wrote:Kishi already run out idea for long series, The Last is convenient tools for Kishi to apply his idea without made more manga chapter.

Here is something you probably do not know. Kishis bosses (aka management) wanted Naruto too end. I'm sure he had things planned out but Shonen Jump (his bosses) made the call too end Naruto. That is on Shonen Jump. Kishi wasn't given chance too explain anything because he was forcibly cut short.

The Last is on Kishi even though Studio Pierrot came too him with the idea 2 years prior. He basically made SP his b***h through the whole process. Kishi had no plans too show how NH got together, he was just going too do it.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:12 am

General fans tend to ignore the fact, they just happy Naruto end without destroy team 7 dynamic. Lets just accept fact that we and SS accepted by general fans because our narrative not contradict team 7.

In the end, we just vocal minority while majority fans was hard shipping on team 7.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 am

db84x wrote:General fans tend to ignore the fact, they just happy Naruto end without destroy team 7 dynamic.  Lets just accept fact that we and SS accepted by general fans because our narrative not contradict team 7.

In the end, we just vocal minority while majority fans was hard shipping on team 7.

Team 7 hardly had any "dynamic." And no, not everyone is happy with the pairings. Even some "general fans" had problems with it and some of the stuff Kishi did or didn't do. Some think pairings "destoried" the Team 7 "dynamic." Like NS, SNS or anything other pairings revolving around T7. Some are still bitchin about the ending too this day for a variety of reasons.

The Naruto fandom has a god-like ability too find something and anything too complain about. Some of it is valid and some if it isn't.

Some NH are complaining about the The Last too this day.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:16 am

So what we expected from manga for kids and preteen especially when its came from WSJ ? All of us knew how WSJ done their business anyway
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Minsc on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:27 am

Finally watched The Last about a week ago. I wasn't really sure what to expect going in, came out enjoying the movie. It's one I can see myself enjoying more as I have time to reflect and discuss what happened in the story. Like always, my brother has been great for helping me make connections with the symbolism. Combined with what I've read here I feel I can have a clearer picture that works in my mind. Many things would go completely over my head otherwise.

Thinking today, I made a connection which I see could explain why Naruto never made certain connections sooner. Naruto had a very brief encounter with his mother and obviously cherishes those memories dearly. Within those memories was Kushina telling Naruto to find a woman like herself, who I see is more like a combination of Naruto and Sakura. While he obviously shared a connection with Hinata, there are other experiences in his life which can direct his sights elsewhere. In a sense, he may have been on the lookout for a person with a personality closer to himself and Sakura.

While I can't be sure if that's the point, but as we know Naruto tends to rely on symbolism. Naruto dons a scarf which is a memento of this mother. The memories of his mother may guide him to search for one type of woman and overlook another that is right in front of him. The scarf acts as a barrier and prevents Hinata going through with her own confession. After the dream, Naruto puts away the scarf and turns his sight to a woman who is different from his image of Kushina. In a sense, takes another step out from the nest. Perhaps I'm grasping at a thread, but I do believe there is enough there to stitch things together. Even if that it was not the intent of the story.
Minsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum