Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

My Pro NH Essay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Pro NH Essay

Post by racefan1992 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:03 am

There are others out there much better then mine but here is it.

Spoiler:
Before i starting, i'd like too point out that i'm neutral. Meaning a do not give a crap about ships. However in my time in the Naruto series, I've witnessed a lot meaningful interaction be grown between the hero of the series and my favorite character. This essay will be MY OPINION but certainly nothing anti or negative about the characters, their relationship or the writer who made the ship happen (however i will take subtle jabs at Antis). I will first start by what they share.

Spoiler:
A creed:
Creed (myself using the Oxford dictionary) means "A set of principles or beliefs." Narutos belief or principle (creed) is "I will not run away and i will not go back on my word." What does this mean? Well too me it means he'll stay and fight and keep a promise not matter odds against him or potential danger too himself. Naruto is a stubborn man (well can be). But has good intentions. His creed has taken different meanings, one was "One day i'll be Hokage." Surely, speaking for my self when i first started the series i thought "Yeah whatever kid. Loud mouth." However during me watching (i had only the anime until started reading the manga) the anime Naruto showed me he was a hard worker, even though he fell flat on his face a few times. Naruto says his creed a lot during part 1, too me the most important time was when he fought Kiba. Naruto tells Kiba (and everyone in the room) that he will be Hokage. Kiba taunts him but Naruto stands firm in his resolve. He ends up beating Kiba. Too fast forward too the end, Naruto does achieve his dream of becoming Hokage 10 years after (roughly) after Naruto: The Last movie. Naruto also keeps his promises (dreams). Like i said, he became Hokage, he also brings Saskue back too the village (and Sakura). Too me his creed is put through the ringer while trying too bring Saskue back, but he endures through all Saskue does and keeps his word. Naruto has NEVER broken his creed (aka lie) like some think he did. Naruto doesn't lie, after all "i hate people who lie too themselves."
Hinata has a creed, it is the same a Narutos. She shares his creed, which is PERFECTLY ok. Too me, Hinata has a different version of Narutos creed but the wording is the same. The "i will not run away" too me means she will no longer be a scared little girl but a fierce, tough women who will stand her ground no matter what faces her. This is shown when she fights Neji. Neji, much above Hinata in terms of strength and ability. Neji throws taunts at her, trying too break her will. Neji almost does but Naruto shuts him up and gives Hinata words of encouragement. Hinata with renewed resolve, fights Neji. However Neji just toyies with her and physically and mental beats her down. However Naruto continues too cheer for her and then Hinata states HER creed too everyone within the room. This surprises Naruto and everyone else. Hinata stands firm as Neji nearly beats her too death. And ever since then, Hinata has not run away from anything, not even staring death in the face makes her run away. The second part (version) of her creed "I will not go back on my word" too starts with her fight with Neji. She states that she "wanted too change myself. Change myself for the better." Hinata does indeed change herself, she even states that when she gives Naruto the "Proud Failure Speech" saying "i started too like myself alittle more." Hey, alittle is better then nothing at all. Hinata also doesn't go back on her word when it comes too Naruto. Hinata has ALWAYS believed in Naruto and never stopped believing in him, even when he didn't believe in himself. Hinata also never went back on her word when she said "i want too be by Naruto-kuns side forever." It may have taken 2 years more then anyone wanted but she does keep her word. She ends up marring Naruto and having a wonderful, loving relationship and 2 great kids.
In short the creed Naruto and Hinata share is one in the same but Naruto has his version and Hinata has her version but the overall wording and goal is the same for both of them.

Spoiler:
A strength:
Naruto and Hinata have a strength but i think the term "strength" is a wide term that doesn't fit them (it does but not generally). What Naruto and Hinata have is TRUE STRENGTH. What is true strength? Too borrow Hinatas words from the Proud Failure Speech "even though you fail, you still have the strength too pick yourself back up when you do fail." I also think "true strength" means that it does not matter how many punches you throw, jutsus mastered or how fast of a learner you are. "True Strength" is when you are physically broken; bleeding, tired, bruised, etc. Yet chose remain standing because "giving up" is not in their vocabulary. Such has when Naruto fought Kiba. Naruto gets his hits in but Kiba beats the hell out of Naruto. I personally think the only way Kiba was going beat Naruto is if he broke his legs. Naruto has shown many times that he will get the crap beat out him but he'll endure it because he just does know how too give up. And ends up overcoming and accomplishing his goal (whatever that it may be at the time).
Hinata has shown true strength as well. Neji is another example. He beat her down both physically and mentally. However after Naruto helped steady her mind, Nejis physical beating of her was only way he was going too beat her. While it worked, Hinata showed 'true strength." In the face of a powerful opponent, severely injured (near fatal) and fatigued. Kept fighting dispite knowing she could not win. Overall however i think Hinata did win, she stood tall when told too give up and even used Neji own mental attacks against him, causing him too fly into a blind rage. Hinata also showed it when fighting Pain (now before i continue, this is the ONLY time i'll use the anime on anything. SP is so grossly screwing up the series it is sickening.). Despite not been on equal ground, Hinata fights will all her heart and strength too protect Naruto. She lost but showed true strength.
Naruto and Hinata have strength but they have TRUE STRENGTH. They may fail, bleed, have broken bones but endure through it all.

Spoiler:
A heart:
While Naruto is brash, outspoken and well energetic. Deep inside he is like Hinata, caring, supportive, loving and selfless. Naruto is the type of person who would give you the shirt off his back if needed. Hinata is also the same way, despite being shy. Hinata is very caring, supportive, selfless and loving. Both of them love their village, the people in it, their friends and family. But they also love each other. Both of them are special people with a special heart inside of them.

Spoiler:
A dream/s (goals):
Naruto and Hinata have had dreams. For Naruto it was acknowledgement, too be Hokage, save Saskue. For Hinata it too was acknowledgement (her father, Neji, her clan and others). Hinata never wanted too heiress and too protect her little sister (can be debated but The Last movie shows how far she will go for her sister). But both Naruto and Hinata wanted too become strong. Too start with Naruto wanted too be strong enough too Hokage for acknowledgement. Later he wanted too be Hokage too protect his friends. However it soon he wanted too protect his village and everyone in it. Naruto is well certainly strong enough now too do just that. Hinata wanted too strong just so she wouldn't burden anyone, however she was strong already. It just had too come out and when it did, Hinata grew leaps and bounds. Hinata also wanted too be strong enough too protect the person she loves. Naruto praised her strength during the War Arc, reminding her of when she fought against Pain. As of the The Last movie both of them are strong enough too protect each other (they were already but more so in the movie). Minus Naruto, Hinata wanted too be strong enough too protect her friends, family and village. Which she shows during the War Arc.
Naruto and Hinata have had dreams (goals). But their main dream (goal) in my opinion was too become strong. It may have been for themselves or other the people that they love and care about. Or for protecting each other. But they have both become strong. Strong too do what they need too do.

Spoiler:
A spirit:
As Naruto: The Last movie shows us Naruto and Hinata are kindred spirits. They have grown up in a world with death, violence and pain. While Kishimoto had them take this career path (it is his creation), they have walked through life close together. They have had roughly the same life experiences (i will touch on this later on), same personal struggles. I think Neji basically spell it out for us back in part 1, "You (Naruto) and Hinata-sama share the destiny." Quite prophetic isn't it? Though Neji was most likely talking about their future but it does apply too their childhood. They were not buddy-buddy at first but became closer as the series progressed. I've seen some people say that Naruto and Hinata have a "spiritual connection." At first i dismissed such a thing, however apon further looking up the matter. I am inclined too agree. From the blood vow (something Naruto chose too do), too the "In Your Eyes" moment, too being able too sense each others presences when the other is nearby or in danger. (when Naruto was in a critical state, Hinata was able too sense him near by and when IT was cast and Naruto heard Hinata call too him). Each were also shunned and demonized by others (Naruto for having Kurama inside of him and Hinata for being 'weak' and for her byakugan by the bullies in the movie).
It is almost scary how connected Naruto and Hinata are. I must give Kishimoto credit, he did a very fine job in connecting them in a deep way.

Now i will talk about how Naruto and Hinata are similar (this is legion everyone).

Spoiler:
Life Experiences:
It is well known how rough Naruto and Hinata have had it when they were young. Naruto suffered from depression and was all by himself. He basically raised himself since the whole village (minus a select few) wanted nothing too do with him. I'm will too bet some didn't want him too exist (they saw a monster instead of a boy, since he was the host of Kurama.) He acted out too get attention but it more the likely made people hate him more. The 3rd Hokeage made it so that no one would know he is the son of the 4th Hokage. (Alittle side, i personally think Old Man 3rd was wrong in doing what he did. If the villagers knew about who he was the child of, he may have been better off. But i digress). It toke Naruto a long time too win the villagers over (age 12 at the Chunin Exams, age 16 when he defeated Pain and saved the village.) It even toke him some time too win over the Rookies (minus a certain someone). But when he did, he grew and formed bonds quickly. And those bonds have stayed strong throughout his life.
In my personal opinion Hinata had it worse, much worse. Her father basically called her "weak, useless" and went as far too say "i do not care if she dies on a mission." Grade A father material right there everyone. Her clan didn't support her (except her little sister) they even talk down her too after her match with Neji by saying "You should not have done that." (Sorry using the anime again) Her confidence was already shot but thanks too good old "high expectations/woeful ignorance" it further ruined her confidence and self-worth. The emotional abuse she went through by HER OWN FAMILY was almost enough too make me think she would have walked away from her ninja life and live peacefully in the Leaf Village. Her cousin mentally tore her down in Part 1, much her father did much of her life, which brought about a panic attack. For some reason, her father and Neji thought being "kind and gentle" was a flaw. I'm glad she proved them wrong.
Naruto and Hinata share traumatic life experiences. It wasn't physical but mental and emotional abuse. Vast amounts of people shunned them and treated them like garbage. But they are able too understand one another because of those experiences. You could say, it helped each other cope with those events.

Spoiler:
Perseverance:
Based on their childhoods, i do not think anyone would have blamed them for giving up and walking away. The things Naruto and Hinata went through would be enough too break any normal person mentally. But they didn't give up, they kept pushing forward. Naruto wanted too be Hokage, Hinata wanted too be stronger and have self-worth (and had Naruto for inspiration). Both those goals kept pushing them despite everyone going on with their minds. Because physical abuse can be overcome but mental abuse can be worse. It can destroy you quickly and effectively. Leaving you helpless. Their mental strength is amazing. Because they have strong mind and will (and each other) they can accomplish anything and they have done that. Plus when death comes for them, they give it one hell time when it does.

Spoiler:
Fearlessness:
Naruto and Hinata are fearless. Fearless too overcome their depression, fearless too overcome the (in a Sander Cohen voice) doubters, fearless for taking on people much stronger then they are. They come across as two people who would fight a male grizzle bear with their bare hands and win. There is a fire in eyes, heart and soul. And it isn't easily put out. Anyone who faces them should be ready for a all day affair.

Random tid-bits about Naruto and Hinata:
Spoiler:
ICO:
You are most likely wondering what the hell i am talking about. Well put your brains back inside your skulls, i'll explain. One of  Icos theme is "boy meets girl." Boy meets girls after boy gets thrown out of his village for something out of his control. Boy tries too help girl escape. How does this fit NarutoXHinata? Well both play the role of the boy and both play the role of the girl. I would go further but i'll spoil the game for those who HAVE NOT played it. But the "boy meets girl" theme plays for Naruto and Hinata in the The Last movie.

Spoiler:
"We become who we were meant too be.":
Who said this quote? Lara Croft did in a trailer for "Rise of the Tomb Raider." In the next game Lara fulfills her destiny as a "Tomb Raider." This goes back too what Neji said in Part 1 "Naruto, you and Hinata-sama share the same destiny." Naruto and Hinata 'became who they were meant to become.'

Spoiler:
Final thought:
Kishimoto said it best about Naruto and Hinata "There are no others like them." You know he is right, there no others like them. Naruto and Hinata are special people (fictionally speaking) and are amazing characters. Their journey from the lowest of lows too the highest of highs is something too behold. They easily could have gone done the wrong path, then crazy from their issues and just say "f**k all." But they didn't do that, they held on. Held on with everything they had. They have enormous amounts of heart and courage. They bring the best out of each other. When they are at their worse, the other is there for them. The challenges they have faced have shown their true character. When things at seem hopeless they are at their best. Together, with the chemistry, strength, courage, toughness and fearlessness they have..... They are unstoppable.

Spoiler:
Why write this essay?
As i've said before, i'm neutral. But why did i write this essay? Because..... Naruto and Hinata make me want too.... That is why. I"m a Hinata fan, i'm so proud of her. She has accomplished her dreams, all of them. For all she has being through, she found strength and inspiration too change herself and become stronger. Strong enough too protect those she loves.... and the one she loves most in the world. And i'm proud of Naruto too. For what he has overcome, nothing short of amazing. All the bonds he has formed, will last his whole life. Including the one he has with Hinata, which began at childhood.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Re: My Pro NH Essay

Post by Irielo on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:28 am

I appreciate your essay my friend and find it nice (although I did not watch The Last yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:27 am

Irielo wrote:I appreciate your essay my friend and find it nice (although I did not watch The Last yet.

Hope i didn't spoil too much.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 am

Not bad, but on content level I would suggest to *not* state you are neutral. In my experience with college essay writing, its typically better to show you are for what you are talking about; i.e. a supporter, than not.
Else:
1: You don't seem as passionate or influential. You can say you were (past tense) neutral, but present tense is not a good idea.
2: You seem a little less honest and credible. In reality, there is no such thing as a neutral really. We all have our preferences, however slight they may be. Very, very, very few people are truly neutral about topics.

I'm a Hinata fan first and foremost too, but I recognize its partially what also made me a Naruhina fan, I wanted Hinata's dreams to come true and development seemed to support its eventual existence, so it was easy to support for me.

I didn't get the boy meets girl part so much. Mostly because the "boy" and "girl" don't have set roles.

You hit a bit on the Yin and Yang aspects that some have noticed occur between all the canon couples.

Technical speaking, I'd move "why write this essay" earlier or get rid of it. The Final Thoughts section is more signifying of a conclusion on its own.

That's all my constructive criticisms for now.
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:15 am

H. Uzumaki wrote:Not bad, but on content level I would suggest to *not* state you are neutral. In my experience with college essay writing, its typically better to show you are for what you are talking about; i.e. a supporter, than not.
Else:
1: You don't seem as passionate or influential. You can say you were (past tense) neutral, but present tense is not a good idea.
2: You seem a little less honest and credible. In reality, there is no such thing as a neutral really. We all have our preferences, however slight they may be. Very, very, very few people are truly neutral about topics.

I'm a Hinata fan first and foremost too, but I recognize its partially what also made me a Naruhina fan, I wanted Hinata's dreams to come true and development seemed to support its eventual existence, so it was easy to support for me.

I didn't get the boy meets girl part so much. Mostly because the "boy" and "girl" don't have set roles.

You hit a bit on the Yin and Yang aspects that some have noticed occur between all the canon couples.

Technical speaking, I'd move "why write this essay" earlier or get rid of it. The Final Thoughts section is more signifying of a conclusion on its own.

That's all my constructive criticisms for now.

1. I am neutral. Everyone on here knows it. I just do not say it often.

2. You have too play ICO too understand what i mean about "boy meets girl." I'm only using the concept from the game not the mechanic from the game itself. The mechanic is a whole other thing.

I"m not a essay writer, never have been. I do not mind writing them but i lack the ability too properly put down my thought. Like i said, this is from my POV, no else. I see them a little differently then everyone else.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:13 am

Mmm very good essay not much to say..
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Really good one
db84x

Back to top Go down