Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Should Hinata be the heiress of the Hyuuga clan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Hinata be the heiress of the Hyuuga clan?

Post by Irielo on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:32 am

With the upcoming movie and some infos about it, we learn that Hanabi will be kidnapped and Hinata will seemingly meet Hamura and get a kind of power-up which will help to defeat the foe, Toneri.

Although we still have to wait for the movie so that some infos get confirmed, I personally still don't know why Hinata would have to become the Hyuuga heiress, despite her meeting Hamura, getting some kind of power-up and saving her sister.

To be honest, I never had the feeling that becoming the heiress was one of Hinata's goals while reading the manga. So, in case she had a choice to make, I would prefer her to have the freedom to accept to become the heiress or to leave it to her sister. And I would not be upset if she did not accept.

Anyway, trying to "force" or to see Hinata as the Hyuuga heiress is the same as NS trying to force Sakura and Naruto to end up together for NS. This is at least what I think about it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Should Hinata be the heiress of the Hyuuga clan?

Post by racefan1992 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:44 am

Irielo wrote:With the upcoming movie and some infos about it, we learn that Hanabi will be kidnapped and Hinata will seemingly meet Hamura and get a kind of power-up which will help to defeat the foe, Toneri.

Although we still have to wait for the movie so that some infos get confirmed, I personally still don't know why Hinata would have to become the Hyuuga heiress, despite her meeting Hamura, getting some kind of power-up and saving her sister.

To be honest, I never had the feeling that becoming the heiress was one of Hinata's goals while reading the manga. So, in case she had a choice to make, I would prefer her to have the freedom to accept to become the heiress or to leave it to her sister. And I would not be upset if she did not accept.

Anyway, trying to "force" or to see Hinata as the Hyuuga heiress is the same as NS trying to force Sakura and Naruto to end up together for NS. This is at least what I think about it.

For Hinata too be the heiress, it would mean her father admitting (again) too his mistake of calling Hinata "a failure" in part 1. Yes he later admitted he was wrong but not enough in my eyes.

I'd like for Hinata too be heiress long enough too lead the Hyuuga in a new direction and wait for her sister too get old enough too handle such responiblity. Then give it too her sister and live her life however she wants.

I know it isn't her goal but i know Hinata could settle the main branches and side branches troubles (if they haven't already been settled).
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:10 am

racefan1992 wrote:For Hinata too be the heiress, it would mean her father admitting (again) too his mistake of calling Hinata "a failure" in part 1. Yes he later admitted he was wrong but not enough in my eyes.

I'd like for Hinata too be heiress long enough too lead the Hyuuga in a new direction and wait for her sister too get old enough too handle such responiblity. Then give it too her sister and live her life however she wants.

I know it isn't her goal but i know Hinata could settle the main branches and side branches troubles (if they haven't already been settled).

I don't think it was a mistake from Hiashi's part. Being the Hyuuga's leader, he spoke on the Hyuuga clan's behalf. At that time, he chose to train Hanabi rather than Hinata because he saw that Hanabi had more potential (which raises the question at what age the heir/heiress gets chosen). Hinata was for sure hurt not to meet the expectations, but I don't think she wanted to change herself and to improve just to become the heiress.

Regarding your second paragraph, I find it interesting. The question is how long would Hiashi hold his responsibilities as clan leader...

Regarding the third paragraph, I think there was already an improvement when Hiashi decided to train Neji. Being considered as a genius, the latter got the privilege to be train like a clan heir despite being a member of the branch part (which makes me think that Hiashi had some plans for him in the future).
However, what would be interesting would be to see if the Hyuuga would be able to get rid of the Caged Bird Seal. Hinata's participation could indeed be decisive in that mattewr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:35 am

Irielo wrote:Regarding your second paragraph, I find it interesting. The question is how long would Hiashi hold his responsibilities as clan leader...

Well, that question has an answer: until he dies. Unless the Hyuuga clan has changed its succession rules (though one thing seemingly did change from the DB1 info over the course of the series), no one will become clan head until Hiashi dies. That's why I've constantly kept pointing out that the "Elder" shown is not Hiashi's father (nor Neji, Hinata & Hanabi's grandfather). In fact, DB4 we learned that Kou (introduced in chapter 430) is a member of the main family just like Hinata and Hanabi are. He's not their brother and not definitely not as close blood-relationship wise as Neji was. There's so much to learn with regards to the Hyuuga clan.

Hinata doesn't have to become the heiress. :)
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:03 am

^True that there are so much interesting things to know about the Hyuuga clan. The Uchiha and Senju (to a lesser extent) got already enough imo... The ones I would be curious about are the Hyuuga and Uzumaki (to see where all of them went where their island "collapsed"...).

Maybe NaruHina could provide the answer one day...

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:16 pm

ehm I think this is really going to be answered in the last.. if not oh well
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:37 pm

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:ehm I think this is really going to be answered in the last.. if not oh well

If you read the first post (I doubt you did it), you would have realized that it is obvious the movie will have some stuffs regarding the Hyuuga. My question was about others personal opinion about Hinata being the heiress, if it is a must or not for her to be the heiress. It's not a question asking if Hinata will become the heiress.

So, if you've understood now, you can state your opinion, if not, better leave it like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Actually I did read the first post but when it came up at first so very much a long time sorry for that, actually I think if the time comes when it is required for her to act as the Hyuuga heiress she would assume her role as is supposed.. mmm.. yes that's what I think after all remember her sense of rightheousness is much more stronger the same can be said for Naruto as for when the time comes to assume his role as Hokage... obviously she won't be leaving her family aside neither Naruto so if that time really comes then she will do it with her family by her side.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:55 am

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:Actually I did read the first post but when it came up at first so very much a long time sorry for that, actually I think if the time comes when it is required for her to act as the Hyuuga heiress she would assume her role as is supposed.. mmm.. yes that's what I think after all remember her sense of rightheousness is much more stronger the same can be said for Naruto as for when the time comes to assume his role as Hokage... obviously she won't be leaving her family aside neither Naruto so if that time really comes then she will do it with her family by her side.

To the bolded part: I agree with that completely. If Hinata were in a situation where she had no choice but to lead the Hyuuga clan as the heiress, she would do it.

Where I see the difference between her and Naruto is the fact that Naruto always dreamt of becoming Hokage. I never had the feeling that Hinata had the ambition to become the Hyuuga heiress but that she only wanted to improve herself constantly.

Anyway, thanks for stating your opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:42 pm

But actually wasn't one of Hinata's goal help to change the way how the clan worked?? correct if I'm wrong.. but after everything that has happened her dream was to be by Naruto's side forever... and I remember Naruto too said he was going to change the Hyuuga when he became hokage if Neji couldn't do it...
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:But actually wasn't one of Hinata's goal help to change the way how the clan worked?? correct if I'm wrong.. but after everything that has happened her dream was to be by Naruto's side forever... and I remember Naruto too said he was going to change the Hyuuga when he became hokage if Neji couldn't do it...

To the bolded: I can't remember about something like that. There are so much issues with the Hyuuga clan if you are referring to the Caged Bird Seal by the "how the clan worked".

Actually, despite of not being the heir and even though he belonged to the branch family, Neji did bring a change into the Hyuuga. If he did not, Hiashi would not have trained him personally after the Chunin exams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 pm

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:But actually wasn't one of Hinata's goal help to change the way how the clan worked??

No.

Hinata has only had two goals ever stated in the manga. The first was to change herself into someone she could like (Part 1). The second was to be by Naruto's side forever (Part 2).

Hinata's goals have never been tied into the Hyuuga clan--which is something many people dislike. The closest any of Hinata's goals could be tied into the Hyuuga clan is that in DB3 where people were given characters that they'd like to fight, hers were Hiashi & Neji. While Hinata did demonstrate that she understood and felt for Neji due to his status a Branch member during her fight with Neji, she never pushed the idea that she was trying to change how the clan worked.

Now, Hinata's personality of being kind and the idea that many have that the Hyuugas are "unfeeling" is something that makes it almost semi-accepted headcanon that she does want to try to change the clan. However, headcanons aren't facts.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Mmmm I see then just two of her goals I kind of knew it but needed to get better clarification on them
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by pepebadongo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi, I am new here, are spoilers allowed? I mean, I am just interested in to know who Toneri really wanted to kidnap and why? That is, if he went after Hinata, was it because she was the first to be the heiress or because he thought she was the heiress?
pepebadongo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 pm

That's not really a question for this thread. This thread is only about your opinion on should Hinata be the heiress. What is or isn't official doesn't matter here (unless you are using it as a basis for your opinion to answer the question of the thread).

Go to the thread about the movie if you want to know about that--and you shouldn't miss the movie thread as it's at the top of every single forum.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 am

It depends on what Hinata wants herself. I personally didn't saw any signs from her to show any kind of desire to be a leader of Hyuuga clan. Her very dream is to be with Naruto forever and as long as it's there, she doesn't need anything else. She already gain all kinds of respects without becoming a heiress, just like Naruto was acknowledged without becoming Hokage. I think Hanabi would be great heiress, because from my point of view she might be more interested in this than her sister.
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Not the 14 year old Hanabi. She is waay too interested in being a brat.

(Okay, in truth I'd love her to death, she's an adorable brat! What a touch of character in what she did to her kunai, and she is fashionable!)
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:24 am

Don't since Hiashi still healthy for several year, Hanabi have a lot of time mature into proper heiress.  Actually Hinata can became proper heiress since she is byakugan princesss but she too kind for job.
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum