Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Upcoming movie or end of Naruto manga?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upcoming movie or ending of Naruto manga?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 13

Upcoming movie or end of Naruto manga?

Post by Irielo on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:39 am

As the upcoming Naruto The Last movie is triggering such reactions among the forums, there is a question which popped up into my mind: what do you consider more important, the ending of the story or the upcoming movie?

Naruto is a manga created by Kishimoto. So, I consider it to have the priority over what could be done in anime, fillers or movies. I'm just curious about your feelings about it, considering that none of the movies and so on would have come to life without the original creation and story which is the manga.

Thus this poll.

Back to top Go down

Re: Upcoming movie or end of Naruto manga?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:41 am

Manga.

My main interest as far as the movie goes are the designs. I don't care too much about the rest of the movie unless it turns out to do things I like--but I won't be bothered if it doesn't.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikara on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm genuinely excited for both. I've never really watched any of the Naruto films, but they say this film will not be a filler and will have more to do with the manga than the previous films, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Mikara

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Manga. In all honesty I'm a little salty bout this movie cause I feel like they somewhat rushed the ending of Naruto. I wish if they wanted to make a movie that they would have postponed it until a few months from when they intend to release it. That way, (maybe) Kishi wouldn't feel as rushed to end is story.
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:16 am

Mikara wrote:I'm genuinely excited for both. I've never really watched any of the Naruto films, but they say this film will not be a filler and will have more to do with the manga than the previous films, so I'm really looking forward to it.

To the bolded part: who said that the film "will have more to do with the manga than the previous films"? Despite Kishimoto's participation in the Road to Ninja movie, I still don't consider it as a canon material.

bricksquad88 wrote:Manga. In all honesty I'm a little salty bout this movie cause I feel like they somewhat rushed the ending of Naruto. I wish if they wanted to make a movie that they would have postponed it until a few months from when they intend to release it. That way, (maybe) Kishi wouldn't feel as rushed to end is story.

My feelings exactly! To be honest, since the fight with Madara, to Kaguya until Sasuke's issue, I have the feeling that some stuffs have been rushed... There were interesting issues such as Madara's relationship to his brother Izuna and even Hashirama which could have been more developed (the same way Obito's love for Rin was developed).

As for Kaguya, it was interesting that she had two sons, unfortunately, Hamura seemed to have been there just to show that he helped Hagoromo in sealing Kaguya + that he is most likely the ancestor of the Hyuuga clan. Moreover, the fact that Kaguya shed some tears while confronting Naruto and Sasuke was not really developed afterwards (just that they reminded her of her own sons).

My feelings about Sasuke's issue is that, yes, the fight was expected and we knew he would have been the last issue of the main plot but the way it happened in the story, it was as if there needed to be a "reason" to deal once for all with this issue, thus Sasuke's ideal based on the possible hatred people would have towards him...

Anyway, there are things which us, common people and "normal readers" won't know because of not belonging to this business. I think as soon as Kishimoto knew that he had to end his manga because of the movie, he had to adapt his story according to a time limit.

However, I will celebrate the ending of this 15 years old monument which is Naruto manga and will give it its due respect. The movie still can wait...
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Well... as you all point out the manga is really the original story and the original timeline... and huff so much feelings but yes i would prefer the manga over the movie... or so I think 'cause well I haven't watched the movie so yeah(obviously it hasn't come out yet).. who knows we'll see, after all the original creator is the one to decide everything at the end.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:31 am

bricksquad88 wrote:Manga. In all honesty I'm a little salty bout this movie cause I feel like they somewhat rushed the ending of Naruto. I wish if they wanted to make a movie that they would have postponed it until a few months from when they intend to release it. That way, (maybe) Kishi wouldn't feel as rushed to end is story.

My feelings exactly! To be honest, since the fight with Madara, to Kaguya until Sasuke's issue, I have the feeling that some stuffs have been rushed... There were interesting issues such as Madara's relationship to his brother Izuna and even Hashirama which could have been more developed (the same way Obito's love for Rin was developed).

As for Kaguya, it was interesting that she had two sons, unfortunately, Hamura seemed to have been there just to show that he helped Hagoromo in sealing Kaguya + that he is most likely the ancestor of the Hyuuga clan. Moreover, the fact that Kaguya shed some tears while confronting Naruto and Sasuke was not really developed afterwards (just that they reminded her of her own sons).

My feelings about Sasuke's issue is that, yes, the fight was expected and we knew he would have been the last issue of the main plot but the way it happened in the story, it was as if there needed to be a "reason" to deal once for all with this issue, thus Sasuke's ideal based on the possible hatred people would have towards him...

Anyway, there are things which us, common people and "normal readers" won't know because of not belonging to this business. I think as soon as Kishimoto knew that he had to end his manga because of the movie, he had to adapt his story according to a time limit.

However, I will celebrate the ending of this 15 years old monument which is Naruto manga and will give it its due respect. The movie still can wait...[/quote]

To be 100% honest, there are quite a few things I take issue with:

1.) In all honesty, why were Kaguya and Hamura introduced? Kaguya was the most static, unengaging, uniteresting villain of all, yet she was supposed to be the most powerful? Also I feel mad salty that they introduced Hamura, but never bothered to explain who he was, what happened to him, so on and so forth. And something many people have not mentioned (at least not that I have seen) is when Naruto was talking to the SO6P, the Sage said that both him and Hamura fought the 10 tails and stored it inside themselves.... so what happened to Hamura's half? is the 10 tails they are fighting right now incomplete?

2.) Why would you make the most important fight in the series a 5 chapter fight? And I don't care what nobody says, there is no reason that I can see which could possibly explain away this as not being the most important fight.

There are so many other things which have gone either unexplained or unreferenced once brought up which frustrate me, and show that Kishi is really trying to rush to the end.

My only gripe was I wish we had spent less time on the war and more time with Naruto vs. Sasuke. But it is what it is I guess.
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am

^

It is being "rushed" because management made the call. Alot of rumors going around that Kishi has already finished the series before now, only management is releasing the chapters.

People shouldn't be upset with Kishi, they should be upset with management.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:40 am

bricksquad88 wrote:1.)And something many people have not mentioned (at least not that I have seen) is when Naruto was talking to the SO6P, the Sage said that both him and Hamura fought the 10 tails and stored it inside themselves.... so what happened to Hamura's half? is the 10 tails they are fighting right now incomplete?

This issue has been already mentioned on this thread here. Our fellow member then sent me the Viz translation of this chapter:

Sacred Fire wrote:Sorry! I can't get the image to work proberly  I'll give the URL http://i.imgur.com/tbVDdDf.png
Found on reddit.com(credits to iNotorious from NB)
About madara, I doubt he will return his black sphere's are broken and Madara black staffs are gone!

So, according to Viz translation, only the Juubi was sealed inside Hagoromo.

bricksquad88 wrote:2.) Why would you make the most important fight in the series a 5 chapter fight? And I don't care what nobody says, there is no reason that I can see which could possibly explain away this as not being the most important fight.

There are so many other things which have gone either unexplained or unreferenced once brought up which frustrate me, and show that Kishi is really trying to rush to the end.

My only gripe was I wish we had spent less time on the war and more time with Naruto vs. Sasuke. But it is what it is I guess.

After the fight against Kaguya, I thought that there was no point to make the Naruto vs Sasuke's fight anymore, although it was highly expected. Both of them almost died, got saved and worked well together to get rid of the final threat which was Kaguya. I thought Sasuke would have learnt something out of it but...

Now that Sasuke is revealing his intentions, I don't know if it could be fixed in the few remaining chapters or if Kishimoto has something up his sleeves maybe a third part to fix Sasuke's issue once for all. Anyway, I agree on the fact that the war lasted way too long...

racefan1992 wrote:People shouldn't be upset with Kishi, they should be upset with management.

True!

Last edited by Irielo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing mistake correction)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am

bricksquad88 wrote:1.) In all honesty, why were Kaguya and Hamura introduced? Kaguya was the most static, unengaging, uniteresting villain of all, yet she was supposed to be the most powerful? Also I feel mad salty that they introduced Hamura, but never bothered to explain who he was, what happened to him, so on and so forth. And something many people have not mentioned (at least not that I have seen) is when Naruto was talking to the SO6P, the Sage said that both him and Hamura fought the 10 tails and stored it inside themselves.... so what happened to Hamura's half? is the 10 tails they are fighting right now incomplete?

Kaguya & Hamura were introduced to address a long standing plot point from the Chuunin exams--how do the Byakugan & Sharingan relate to each other. Kaguya is the source for both. Hamura continued the Byakugan. Hagoromo eventually spawned the the Sharingan. There were a ton of theories about it. Now those theories can be put to rest.

bricksquad88 wrote:2.) Why would you make the most important fight in the series a 5 chapter fight? And I don't care what nobody says, there is no reason that I can see which could possibly explain away this as not being the most important fight.

Personally, I don't consider Naruto vs. Sasuke that important. It only exists because this is an action series. Otherwise, there's zero point to it. The "solution" to their issue is to compromise and fighting isn't the way to compromise... except this is an action series so we're going to pretend that's the way to lead to a compromise (or pretend that Naruto is completely right, when he really isn't... he's just being presented as more reasonable than Sasuke, which is required or else the fact that this fight is completely pointless would be even more obvious). While management is the reason the series is ending right now, I'll admit that for this fight, I side with management. While there were fights during the war that went too long and fights that should've been shown instead of off-paneled, this one is not even remotely necessary unlike some of the others that dragged on too long.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:34 am

^

Actually Sawyer brought up a good point in one of his chapter reviews: Naruto and Saskue are both wrong in this deal.

I do not know if Sawyer is even remotely right but i side with Sawyer on that.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by senjusana on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:42 pm

I am more excited about the manga since its originally drawn and written by Kishimoto.Although I am feeling bad that its ending is little rushed up(By rushed up,I mean not explaining Hamura and also Naruto vs Sasuke fight).But I hope that the movie is canon since all are grown up,it would be a nice way to show who is doing what and also give a closure to the pairings.
senjusana

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 am

What is there to explain about Hamura though? We learned that he has the Byakugan (which means the Hyuuga come from him) and that he helped seal Kaguya (basically as the one with the "yin" seal) along with Hagoromo.

Sure, you could want more details, but it's not a requirement of the plot. I'd like to know lots of things (the names/designs of parents of too many characters to name, important clans to villages not named Konoha, genin teammates of Minato, Kushina's genin team entirely, etc.) but they're not actually plot relevant so there's nothing that needs to be resolved in any of those things. There's a difference between things I'd like to know (or any fan would like to know) versus what needs to be told for the sake of the plot. I have a feeling that over 90% of the things many think need to be addressed aren't plot relevant which means it's not necessary.

Just hope that something you want to know is considered "important" enough to be revealed in a fanbook, a databook, and/or the possible random Naruto chapters that will possibly be written at some point by Kishimoto.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:40 am

Actually I think Kushina didn't have a gennin team but she love Minato's gennin as if they were her own.. I think that's explained in the last game that was launched... don't know 'cause I haven't played the game... and yes there are a lot of things that could have been resolved, but if someone(any author) did that, then his/her audience could get bored 'cause it doesn't follow the original storyline (that's why fillers existed in the anime) nor follow the characters development.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Kushina went to the academy. Unless you think Kushina didn't graduate, she became a genin and all genin in Konoha were placed on a genin team with a sensei of some sort. It has just never been revealed who her teammates were. We know it wasn't Minato because we've seen a picture of Minato's teammates--we weren't ever given their names though.

Besides the fact that I ignore the video games as they're not canon (based on the video games Hinata has never confessed to Naruto, but Sakura has ;p), that was a grown-up Kushina that was already in a relationship with Minato. I'm referring to Kushina as a child/teen that would've been a genin not the grown-up Kushina that was probably a jounin in rank.

Fillers only exist because the anime creatives don't know where the story is going to go and need to create space between the episodes they're making and the storyline in the manga. Otherwise, fillers wouldn't exist at all. It's a money making venture. It has zero to do with boredom.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 am

I am looking forward to both. Though honestly the ending feels very rushed. I hope Kishi doesn't leave us without answers on pairing issues. Honestly to me there is no middle ground for Naruto movies with me I either hate them or love them. Road to Ninja I hated so hopefully it is a different crew working on it. Especially since Road to Ninja was so pro NS. If Kishi leaves it to the movie to answer pairings then I honestly fear that it will be NS ending, or Naruto is alone, or even worse they treat Hinata like she is a silver medal prize, in which case it will be pissed.
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

The people who worked on the script/art for Road to Ninja are not working on The Last. At least, the main positions are different. That information is available already as it came out when the main cast of 7 was revealed (not listing because I don't remember the order, though we should all know the names as they're the only ones you see on the main posters).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

Like you said the manga end takes priority and I'm hoping its done well with the major issues resolved.

Where the movie is concerned what I will say is, despite all the previous movies definitely not being canon, I feel 'The Last' is being advertised more and more as a continuation of the end of the manga (in other words as canon material) at least imo. Of course that wouldn't automatically make it canon but seeing as it will occur in the future, there really won't be a timeline to match it against for us to say "well ok this can't be real cause the leaf village should be destroyed around now" (like with RtN) if you get where I'm going. The only way I can think of right now that would without a doubt make the events not line up is if we see someone like Neji or Jiraiya (rip) walking around like nothing happened. So as of right now, seeing as Kishimoto is working on it, I feel like this movie will be such that one can either accept it as canon and a continuation of the manga or disregard it as just another filler However if they're doing it like this then the movie shouldn't be used to wrap up any issues, cause this will inevitably lead to confusion and doubt among fans, with some accepting the movie as real and others saying no its filler. What could probably solidify the movie as canon material would be the manga ending with the beginning of the movie.

With all of that said I'm looking forward to it, be it canon or not. I've always enjoyed timeskip peeks into the characters futures.

Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianahinkle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm excited to see the movie but ultimately I think the manga is more important.
I think the movie will be a nice bonus.
Not related but kinda related:

Is anyone else curious for what the heck the stage play is going to be? Apparently it'll be ONGOING?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-09/naruto-manga-gets-stage-play-next-march/.79732
Dianahinkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 am

I think it's supposed to be somewhat based on "The Last" in terms of character relationships (though it should have completely different adventures). I'm not interested because it's live action and I'm not a fan of live action. I'll keep tabs on it though (mainly for the Hinata FC at NarutoForums).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:00 am

The manga. The movie is apparently going to be filling some 'blank period' not covered in the manga, so my thought that manga could end in a epilogue ocurring after the movie's events.
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:36 am

It's just funny to see how the movie, which did not come out yet aside some trailers, is getting such attention leading to so much speculations... The manga is still running despite being almost over, but there are enough interesting issues which could be discussed regarding the way they could be displayed in 699 and in the epilogue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:36 am

It's getting attention because there's nothing interesting to talk about with the manga anymore. Unless it involves Team 7, everyone knows there's no chance it is going to be addressed in the manga. The sole exceptions are pairings because that only takes a panel or two to resolve and everyone knows it. Now, the movie is saying that NaruHina is going to be one of those pairings so people are hyped--especially since most people aren't as certain about pairings (no matter how much I think they've been obvious for years)--or massively disappointed.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:23 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:It's getting attention because there's nothing interesting to talk about with the manga anymore. Unless it involves Team 7, everyone knows there's no chance it is going to be addressed in the manga. The sole exceptions are pairings because that only takes a panel or two to resolve and everyone knows it. Now, the movie is saying that NaruHina is going to be one of those pairings so people are hyped--especially since most people aren't as certain about pairings (no matter how much I think they've been obvious for years)--or massively disappointed.

I still refuse to accept that ,lol, although it is more like the way you described it. I mean, the manga is Kishimoto's main work and I wished some issues to be dealt with in the manga before any follow-up by a movie or eventually movies...

Anyway, now that you've mentioned Team 7, do you think there will be a kind of agreement between Kakashi, Sakura and Naruto to keep silent about what happened with Sasuke and his intentions of killing the Kage etc?

I don't know if we'll get to see if there will be some political changes between the villages after this war. They might celebrate the victory and cry for the people who died, but this would be an issue I wished to see.

There is also the issue with the Bijuus and them getting their freedom back, aside Kurama who will most likely do as the Sage told him.

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:31 am

^

Just because it is Kishi work doesn't mean he can resolve every issue. There are other parties in play (Management, Editors) that prevent such a thing. Kishi isn't the highest person on the totem pole, never has been.

If Kishi hadn't of wasted half the war Obtios bull**** the maybe things could have been resolved. But it is all moot now.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum