Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Legend of Korra

:: NHForums Media :: Media :: TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of Korra

Post by eromreven on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:13 am

It's a good show, martial arts, strong female lead, good soundtrack yadda yadda yadda DISCUSS!
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend of Korra

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:44 am

I love Legend of Korra. I was annoyed when Nickelodeon took it off TV, especially with their horrible feed on their website. Of course, their decision is starting to make me think seriously about no longer paying for cable television. I could start paying the NBA directly as my lack of interest to most networks that aren't ESPN and/or NBA/WNBA-related is starting to make me annoyed at the bill every month.

I like all the characters though Asami is my overall favorite. Mako and Tenzin are my faves of the male characters. Varrick cracks me up the most though.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:I love Legend of Korra. I was annoyed when Nickelodeon took it off TV, especially with their horrible feed on their website.

From what people who i know on facebook and on the interwebs, Nickelodeon taking it off of TV has NOT been very popular choice too make.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Maybe it'll be for the better. The violence went up like crazy. Anyone see the newest episode? Friggen instense.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Eh, didn't come close to topping the ending of Tarrlock & Noatak for me.

I have to give props to Zaheer for using airbending in an overtly dangerous way though.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Onscreen regicide is badass.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 am

O_o too much violence accumulated in my life thank you very much xD i'll stick to simple storylines again :P
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Heh, the violence in Korra (or at least its presentation) is nothing compared to what has happened in the Naruto series. ^_^
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:12 am

i'm super nervous about the finale.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponyta on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:59 am

I just watched the newest episodes. Although I thought it was a bit 'dark' at times I kind of like that in my shows. There was quite a few surprising things in these eps, and I for one was not really disappointed. Did anyone else have flashbacks of the Aang finale during the fight scene?

Also, did you know that on the nickelodeon website, they have a poll about shipping Bolin and Opal and  also Kai and Jinora? They even use their shipping names. Thought I would never see the day.
Ponyta

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:46 am

I enjoyed the finale (but I usually enjoy them). I can see that they kept up the "darkness" (reminds me of DBZ' "sent to another dimension" back in the mid-1990s). I was happy for Bolin and the fights were pretty good. I'd say more but I don't want to necessarily spoil stuff just in case yet. No, I didn't flashback to Aang, but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that particular finale from AtLA is the one I liked least overall (so I tend not to remember much of it).

As for Nickelodeon, they used to push the idea of Kataang vs. Zutara and pushed Makorra vs. Borra back during Book 1 of LoK. This stuff is nothing new for them. I actually find this to be "better" considering I never understood the choices made (other than putting the water-bending girl in between two boys for some reason) as they didn't fit the narrative. Masami vs. Makorra would've fit the narrative for LoK much better (and there was nothing in AtLA once Yue was "dead" to make Sukka blatantly obvious unless choosing one of Zuko's girls to go against Mai).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Personally I'm starting to ship Korrasami seriously. xD It's the only pairing out of Neo Team Avatar I like as far as the ones kept inside the group. I don't know.

But yeah, the episode before the finale and the finale episodes themselves were crazy intense.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:29 am

That's probably because it's the only one without massive forms of stupid drama in the show. ;)
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 pm

No but seriously the Zaheer and Korra fight was freakin amazing. Top quality.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:17 am

^They definitely pulled out all the stops with that one. I'd have to re-watch it to really try to find a "best part" though I'm not sure I'd fine one. I did like the Jinora-led group tornado at the end to save Korra's life (well, Suyin also helped save her life due to the poison as well).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:30 am

What makes me sad is that the skill Toph developed being used to kill the avatar. Metalbending being used for evil makes my feels hurt.
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Actually, I thought that they were using waterbending since they had the poison go through her skin whereas Suyin had it come out her mouth to remove it.

It wasn't until Suyin removed it with metalbending that I assumed the poison was mercury (though it's true that it wasn't stated--pretty sure it wasn't ever named). Prior to that, I just thought it was some liquid poison just made up for the series.

I figure mercury could be affected by both waterbenders and metalbenders due to the fact that it's both a liquid and a metal.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: NHForums Media :: Media :: TV Shows

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum