Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

What does "time" have to do with it?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does "time" have to do with it?

Post by Bubbles on Mon May 26, 2014 10:30 am

"NaruHina haven't spent enough time around each other! They can't be together!"

Really? Like it matters? All you need to know is that they would clearly work well together in both the short and long run. I don't see anything that Hinata doesn't know about Naruto at this point, and what she may not know, will not affect her relationship with him in any way, nor is anything she may not know, won't be told to her in time.

Despite the fact that they haven't had as much screentime as the main characters, in the little time they have spent in each others presence, they've already learned more than most usually would. So does it really matter the length of time if your comfort level around them is great as well as your knowledge on who they really are as a person? Hinata even adopted Naruto's nindo, and its treated like that's not a big deal. Naruto's nindo isn't some kind of joke to him, it's a life philosophy, and Hinata took it upon herself.

I honestly think this argument is just a cover to hide the fact that there is no real argument against NaruHina. The only one that maybe can be used at this point is "Naruto only sees her as a friend!" And that's purely because there has been no solid proof from Naruto's side yet. Very arguable proof yes, but it's not 100% disprovable either. And more importantly, this argument is only holding on by a thread.

This ship sails itself guys.   

Last edited by Bubbles on Mon May 26, 2014 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: What does "time" have to do with it?

Post by Irielo on Mon May 26, 2014 10:42 am

Quality over quantity you know? That's NaruHina. Anyway , the last posts I was sending tried to focus on this aspect: why Hinata's feelings for Naruto were already acknowledged even before she confessed but Naruto's positive behavior towards her since her confession are still doubted?

If some efforts were put to show how Hinata was developing feelings for Naruto (in part 1 already), then the effort put to show that Naruto is in the proces to return her feelings should be also acknowledged...

But I have the feeling that in that case, there is also a double-standard if you get what I mean...

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Mon May 26, 2014 12:23 pm

As you said Bubbles there really is no real argument against NaruHina at this point of time and as Irielo said we know what Hinata's feelings are and they are really really strong and getting stronger as time passes the same goes for Naruto himself, yes we don't really know his feelings but in an old post if I remember right someone wrote Naruto's feelings have been becoming clear since Hinata's confession, he cared about Hinata from the start, I'm willing to bet that since the chunnin exams Naruto cares about Hinata, and wants her to be safe, he cares about Hinata, as we've seen cause Naruto doesn't want Hinata to get hurt, as for the time they spent together?? come on really! if they want time they have to watch the omakes the fillers and what not??? not really, geez cause the time Naruto and Hinata have spent together is really quality over quantity how many times have this debate going on, i think it's really really old and Kishimoto himself destroyed it with all the quality time he has put Naruto and Hinata through in the manga.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Mon May 26, 2014 1:31 pm

Bubbles-chan wins again.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon May 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Exactly, Bubbles-chan! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I never understood this "argument", really. It's not like Kishimoto needs to write a whole novel about Naruto and Hinata's interactions so we can see how it could work. They have little moments, but all of them are meaningful, we can see their chemistry and there's development.

Unless Naruto or Hinata have some deep dark terrifying secrets that we don't know about, I fail to see how the fact that they don't spend time together on a daily basis would affect their relationship at all. They'll have plenty of time for that when they finally get together.

PS. I'll probably add that post to the forum's tumblr eventually as well. :3

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Mon May 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Irielo wrote:why Hinata's feelings for Naruto were already acknowledged even before she confessed but Naruto's positive behavior towards her since her confession are still doubted?

Two reasons: Hinata's feelings were doubted before she confessed. In fact, I used to debate against people quite regularly that believed Hinata didn't love Naruto. The second reason is due to those who believe that Naruto is hopelessly in love with Sakura (and there are even NaruHina fans who believe in the "Naruto loves Sakura forever" stuff... these are the NaruHina fans who honestly don't think NaruHina will become official).

Naruto's actions towards Hinata will constantly be considered "just what a friend would do" until Naruto does the equivalent of chapter 437 similar to how Hinata's actions were argued to be "just what a friend or an admirer would do" (and it was acceptable; while some still make that claim now, it's not really considered anything but delusional).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon May 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Well the fact is Patience is the key, can't expect Naruto to respond or act straight away (to which he is acting upon), he first needs to develop feelings towards Hinata (which I feel is the case), you know it takes time to develop a relationship between two characters, there is no need to rush it, Kishi has developed NaruHina at a really nice and well thought out pace. just to push it too fast means that there will be little or any development, so I really appreciate the way Kishi has worked on NaruHina, taking his time and not forcing it down everyone's throats.

if Hinata was just a friend, then would Naruto act in the manner he has in the last 120 chapters? even Kiba knows something is going on between the two and Neji definitely knew before he was killed. I honestly think Naruto will end up with Hinata, but I think we just need to wait for the next moment, I feel that the next moment will canonise NaruHina, it is already so close I can smell it.

Naruto isn't really a man of words, he is a man of actions, there is a saying actions speak louder than words, when NaruHina does become canon, it will be based on what Naruto does, embrace Hinata after saving her and everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Mon May 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Uff really man i really really and mean reaaaaaaally want a NaruHina moment to happen so great that it'll finally shut up any comments or delusional things they want to say but as mustang says and as i said too and irielo and a lot more had said patience is all we need, seriously we need a looooooooooooooooooooot of patience so yeah we just gotta wait
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Mon May 26, 2014 5:36 pm

I believe our patience will be rewarded, we have waited a long time, so I feel that the wait will be coming to an end and it will feel pretty damn good.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon May 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote: The second reason is due to those who believe that Naruto is hopelessly in love with Sakura (and there are even NaruHina fans who believe in the "Naruto loves Sakura forever" stuff... these are the NaruHina fans who honestly don't think NaruHina will become official).

Regarding the skeptical section of NH, I think it's quite disappointing... Naruto is not Hinata personality wise. So, expecting that Naruto would express himself the same way Hinata expressed/expresses herself when it comes to her feelings is not really interesting as every character has his/her own way of doing/expressing things...

After all the NH moments and Naruto's growing positive behavior (suggesting slowly signs of reciprocation), these are still doubted, then I put that on the account of never satisfied/want more attitude.

@Bubbles In one of your posts you were addressing the off-panel/in-panel issue. That's right, if there would have been any off-panel pairing issue regarding NS, it would have had its influence on the in-panel. NaruHina on the other hand, did have something off-panel according to Hinata's flashback in chapter 540.

Last edited by Irielo on Mon May 26, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight on Mon May 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Remember that actions speaks louder than words we don't expect Naruto to say "I love you" to Hinata to make NaruHina cannon Naruto can SHOW that he loves Hinata and that's the problem NS tries to be delusional and denying the facts in the manga -.- (remember 675-676)
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 on Tue May 27, 2014 1:26 am

Bubbles wrote:"NaruHina haven't spent enough time around each other! They can't be together!"

Really? Like it matters? All you need to know is that they would clearly work well together in both the short and long run. I don't see anything that Hinata doesn't know about Naruto at this point, and what she may not know, will not affect her relationship with him in any way, nor is anything she may not know, won't be told to her in time.

Despite the fact that they haven't had as much screentime as the main characters, in the little time they have spent in each others presence, they've already learned more than most usually would. So does it really matter the length of time if your comfort level around them is great as well as your knowledge on who they really are as a person? Hinata even adopted Naruto's nindo, and its treated like that's not a big deal. Naruto's nindo isn't some kind of joke to him, it's a life philosophy, and Hinata took it upon herself.

I honestly think this argument is just a cover to hide the fact that there is no real argument against NaruHina. The only one that maybe can be used at this point is "Naruto only sees her as a friend!" And that's purely because there has been no solid proof from Naruto's side yet. Very arguable proof yes, but it's not 100% disprovable either. And more importantly, this argument is only holding on by a thread.

This ship sails itself guys.   

I agree with you. Honestly, I think this argument is weak for a couple of reasons:

1.) The shippers who perpetuate this type of argument are expecting too much from this manga. When it comes to pairings, a lot more is expected then will be delivered. I think this plays a part in where this reasoning stems from. Also, it seems to be constantly forgotten that Naruto is a Shonen manga. Developing romantic relationships are a.) Not Kishimoto's forte as he himself has said on multiple occasions. b.) Not a main priority in this manga, especially in the current arc in the story. I'm not suggesting that he won't make any pairings cannon, I'm just trying to be realistic about Kishi's priorities regarding ships.

2.) Quantity does not equal quality. Some of the best developed characters in this manga have not had much screen time in overall manga. Maybe in certain arcs, but overall, not as much as one would think.

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
Irielo wrote:why Hinata's feelings for Naruto were already acknowledged even before she confessed but Naruto's positive behavior towards her since her confession are still doubted?

Two reasons: Hinata's feelings were doubted before she confessed. In fact, I used to debate against people quite regularly that believed Hinata didn't love Naruto. The second reason is due to those who believe that Naruto is hopelessly in love with Sakura (and there are even NaruHina fans who believe in the "Naruto loves Sakura forever" stuff... these are the NaruHina fans who honestly don't think NaruHina will become official).

Naruto's actions towards Hinata will constantly be considered "just what a friend would do" until Naruto does the equivalent of chapter 437 similar to how Hinata's actions were argued to be "just what a friend or an admirer would do" (and it was acceptable; while some still make that claim now, it's not really considered anything but delusional).

I still have come across people who think that Hinata doesn't love Naruto. I lol when I hear this.

bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Tue May 27, 2014 2:26 am

pff seriously Hinata doesn't love Naruto then NS haven't read the manga or are delusional dunno who thinks right now that Hinata doesn't love Naruto??? come on really?? No but seriously i think i know what's happening just recently i tried to find something related to hinata in Naruto wiki or Naruto in Naruto wiki too but when you try to search there in the search bar appears Naruto and that girl and Hinata and that guy i think that's why, guh I think they(NaruHina haters)... NS are making a lot of that other word(NaruHina haters) pics and fics dunno what the hell more, and the same for them, I don't want to know, to make those who haven't read the manga or haven't taken into account Naruto and Hinata's feelings, that's why you come accross those type of people, dunno what's happening but i think we need to stop that, how?? i don't know but seriously that's not something they should be doing!!

PSD: I don't even dare to go to those places cause i'm afraid that if i do i'll puke my insides out till i'm dead from blood loss.."shudder"   and that's the thing we NaruHina have taken an passive action right now more than an active action cause we are just waiting for NaruHina to happen but what about those new minds out there??? Heck poor guys i seriously think we need to take a more active action again.. with proofs, fics, pics whatever comes to your mind,and no I'm not trying to start another ship war or something like that, what I'm trying to do is save those poor new minds that want to get some action and good romance story in their lives, but with all the "blasphemy (XD)" out there is like they are going to be guh!...   so yeah that's what i think.

please don't take the blasphemy comment in a personal way i'm just trying to make a crack joke there so yeah that's it

This post has been modified by ANBU

Last edited by Strawberry on Tue May 27, 2014 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Can't mention fans, use NH, NaruHina, NS or NaruSaku please. (ANBU: Racefan1992/Strawberry))
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 am

bricksquad88 wrote: 1.) The shippers who perpetuate this type of argument are expecting too much from this manga. When it comes to pairings, a lot more is expected then will be delivered. I think this plays a part in where this reasoning stems from. Also, it seems to be constantly forgotten that Naruto is a Shonen manga. Developing romantic relationships are a.) Not Kishimoto's forte as he himself has said on multiple occasions. b.) Not a main priority in this manga, especially in the current arc in the story. I'm not suggesting that he won't make any pairings cannon, I'm just trying to be realistic about Kishi's priorities regarding ships.

2.) Quantity does not equal quality. Some of the best developed characters in this manga have not had much screen time in overall manga. Maybe in certain arcs, but overall, not as much as one would think.

Yes Kishimoto is not writing a romance, so expecting that things will be done like it is in romances is a bit too much asked. However, that does not mean that his characters can't have romantic feelings/thoughts or can't act in a romantic way. It also does not mean that no feelings of romance are intended because of a given situation. Take chapter 573 for instance, Hinata makes a resolve about her romantic life but she is planning it after the war knowing very well that things have to be fixed on the battlefield before achieving this goal of hers. But the resolve itself remains something romantic or gives a feeling of romance.

In the same line: Naruto complimenting Hinata's strength just by looking in her eyes (559) or him holding her hand (615). It does not mean romance yet because Naruto and Hinata are not officially a couple but ignoring that Kishimoto is writing a story where bonds (different types: friendship, parental, romantic...) are important for the characters and the story itself is just like turning a blind eye on the fact that Kishimoto does flesh the characters' feelings out no matter what the situation is (war or not). The way these feelings are fleshed out through interactions/thoughts/actions and reactions from the characters, is what confers the feeling of romance to a scene or not.

Even though Kishimoto would make a pairing (or pairings) canon, I don't expect to see anything from a normal romance to be honest, like people dating or whatsoever but I think Kishimoto is free enough to give an indication of his intentions regarding the pairings' issue. He does not have to put a moment or to hint in each chapter but shedding some light from time to time on the characters' feelings for each other gives an idea of where the story is going in that particular issue.

Last but not least: I think only Kishimoto knows his priorities. None of us are in the position to determine what should be his priorities or not.

@RickVal Although it can break your heart, I think it would be good for you to look where you don't dare to look. NaruHina does defend itself but there is a constant denying and things which won't change imo. Btw you, should check the rules about the anti-NS arguments and mentioning the fans here:

http://naruhina.lovediscussion.net/t904-the-anti-narsak-thread-read-first-post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Tue May 27, 2014 6:19 am

Oh god not again, how many times has it been that i've broken a rule again and again??? my 8th 9th?? can't really remember XD, and nope Irielo not gonna happen i'm not gonna go to that side not even if i'm drugged, gagged, blindfolded,dragged against my will, cause to tell you the truth i've already been there, and i've seen the horrors.. and i mean the horrors, cause to tell you the truth, I'm from South America, a place where you see people fighting for even the simple little things, geez and i got out of thread here.
Returning as i said not going there again, cause the things it come up with are just simply illogical, don't have any base or solid ground in which it can stand up to it, that's why i left the shipping wars, cause the actual story is already giving me all that i need in regards to NaruHina, but to wait for it is a little madness for me.  

This post has been modified by ANBU

Last edited by Strawberry on Tue May 27, 2014 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : please use "it" when mentioning NS, "they" is against the rules (ANBU: Bubbles/Strawberry))
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 on Tue May 27, 2014 8:53 am

You did it again! Silly. XD
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Tue May 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Oh god... "facepalm", ok I'll try to not do it again and again and again!! on another note I feel kind of depressed a little, cause an amazing NaruHina artist dunno if you know her, Soel-chan in deviantart made a drawing that's giving me the feels.. I hope that doesn't happen.. 'cause if it happens in the manga I won't be able to stop crying for the rest of my life T.T!! but yeah, I think now i know what words to use or not to use, if you want to watch the drawing it's here.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by senjusana on Thu May 29, 2014 1:23 am

Time is a stupid excuse to say.Despite Hinata being a side character,her development was much better than a main character like Sakura.
Hinata was shy,low on confidence and weird in Part 1 but in Part 2 her character made a complete transition.She became strong and bold enough to protect the one she loves.Even when the main character(Naruto) lost faith and confidence,she was there to restore it.That also during her cousin's death.
I feel Hinata as a character and Naruto have been developed pretty well enough.Naruto's relationship with each of K11 haven't made much progress than that of NaruHina.Each moment between them is mature,complimenting each other and of course,slow which makes it all the more beautiful.
senjusana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 am

you know to be honest to say that they haven't spent much time together is a really stupid argument.

who here remembers Goku and ChiChi, they rarely spent anytime together in Dragonball, (sure it was shonen manga as well) but they were set up with no development what so ever. the moral of what I am saying, there are some pairings that have gotten away with even less and they still flourished in their own way.

even the friendship argument is skating on thin ice, why maybe because Naruto himself is proving that wrong, his actions towards Hinata don't necessarily depict something "just" a friend would do, all his actions are bordering romantic.

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Thu May 29, 2014 3:44 am

Mustang wrote:Narutos' actions towards Hinata don't necessarily depict something "just" a friend would do, all his actions are bordering romantic.

And so true, you my friend could see that too.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi on Fri May 30, 2014 10:37 am

Oh, man, I'm so done with this argument. 600+ chapters of development or not, 437 happened, 559. 573, 615, etc, all of it happened. When Naruto tells Hinata that she's saved twice (more like 5 now) and thanks her for being by his side, it's just too desperate of NS to keep arguing this. As usual NS screams "NS will happen!" and manga canon whispers "no" (always wanted use this line hehe).
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Fri May 30, 2014 6:18 pm

mmmm i see what you mean Bato.. and yeah there's no excuse no valid argument "till Kishimoto puts otherwise(hoping he doesn't)" against NaruHina at this point of time.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Sat May 31, 2014 4:27 pm

this 600 chapters of development is garbage, it is an argument that just doesn't stand the test of time, you know NaruHina in the last 240 or so chapters has been given all the romantic development involving any pairing with Naruto in it, it might deny it, but then again it hates looking at the truth.

Racefan might actually like this one, lol. the finishing line is in sight the checkered flag is about to wave, SasuSaku car is close behind but the NS car is no where in sight, it must have crashed somewhere, the NaruHina car is making a mad dash to the finishing line. 

Last edited by Mustang on Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) on Sat May 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Hell yeah the NaruHina car is making a mad dash to the finish line but remember.. there's always always always something little that will make the NaruHina car to get a little stop in the pits.. Knowing Kishimoto... ohh heck whatever i just hope to see it happen already seriously, It's been soooo long and I mean it really really long and hard the road has been ahead of NaruHina but it will happen, just hoping really really happens.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sat May 31, 2014 9:53 pm

Ironically, this is actually this same "time" and +600 chapters argument which works against NS. Naruto and Sakura had all the time they needed to fall for each other but that did not happen.

That's why if the pairings were compared to racing cars, like my friend Mustang is doing, then story wise, the NS car never started in the first place. Naruto and Sakura are friends but were not meant for each other (romantically).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum