Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

The tumblr initiative

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The tumblr initiative

Post by Strawberry on Fri May 16, 2014 8:07 am

Hey everyone! ^.^ As most of you should be aware our forum has a tumblr that is managed by Yukine, and I occasionally help her with it.

Anyway! We were thinking about uploading to our forum's tumblr some of your own posts, so that people in tumblr can see the topics that are discussed here and how things go on in the forum. If you want to suggest a post you think we could upload to our tumblr, feel free to do so! It can be any member's post or even your own, and we will take it into consideration. Likewise, if you would rather not participate and you don't want any of your posts to be uploaded to our tumblr, let us know and we will respect your decision.

Here are a few things you should keep in mind before suggesting a post:

• The posts we will be selecting will be NaruHina related only, so those in the Anti-NarSak thread will not be selected, unless they were solely defending NaruHina.

• The posts can be old or new. They can be on currently open threads or even in closed threads. It doesn't matter, what matters is that it was a post you liked/were proud of.

• We will begin uploading these posts to our tumblr from next week, and one post will be uploaded every 2 or 3 days (whenever we have time to upload them).

• Out of all your suggestions, I will be choosing which ones to post with the help of the rest of the moderators. But chances are, if the post you suggested meets the requirements, it will be uploaded to our tumblr sooner or later. If no posts are suggested, then I will be choosing them at random.

• When a post is selected you will be messaged with a link to it, and of course you will be credited for it. So if you also have a tumblr, you should post it here so we can credit your tumblr as well, and you can re-blog it to your own blog.

Hmm, I think that is all for now. So start giving us links to your suggested posts, guys!
Sincerely, the NaruHina Forum's Staff.
^.^

Last edited by Strawberry on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Re: The tumblr initiative

Post by Irielo on Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 am

Well, these are the posts which come to my mind right now. Maybe I'll find more later on.

By Aelita, Thread: "NaruHina development"
Spoiler:

Aelita wrote:The relationship between Naruto and Hinata has grown quite a lot since Hinata's introduction. This is a picture thread dedicated to their lovely development throughout the manga. Filled with the small interactions and big moments that made us fall for the pairing in the first place.

So sit back, relax and watch the Naruhina flower unfurl~

Chapters 39-44:
Spoiler:

Chapters 65-77:
Spoiler:

By GreatKungLao, Thread: "Do we even need to prove something after this?"

Spoiler:

GreatKungLao wrote:My latest collage and it will be the last until next NaruHina moment.

Spoiler:

By Jula Shona, Thread: "A thread about Naruto’s eyes when it comes to Hinata"

Spoiler:

JulaShona wrote:Chunin Exams (Chapter 77-88 & 98)
Spoiler:

First Meeting (Chapter 282)
Spoiler:

Mission (Chapter 355)
Spoiler:

Confession (Chapter 437 & 441)
Spoiler:

It's All In Your Eyes (Chapter 558 & 559)
Spoiler:

War (Chapter 611-633)
Spoiler:

I hope it's okay that way. But if you want me to do a description to each picture I would surely do that.

By Strawberry, Thread: "A thread about Naruto’s eyes when it comes to Hinata"

Spoiler:

Strawberry wrote:I'm surprised these two hadn't popped up yet.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Those were the first instances in which Naruto blushed at Hinata. First, when she offered him to look at her test during the first part of the chunin exams. He was surprised and he gave her a hopeful look, and a small blush adorned his cheeks. It was cute. And the second one was when Sakura told him "Oh yeah! She (Hinata) was always watching you." We can see a small blush adorning his cheeks again, even through the scratch marks on his face. His expression also supports this, since he's got a surprised look on his face. Like he couldn't understand why would this girl be watching him, but it didn't make him uncomfortable at all. This one was really cute too.

Now, my personal favorites.
Spoiler:

The proud failure speech. I loved this panel specifically, because we saw Naruto was shocked and flattered at Hinata's words. He couldn't believe she really saw him like that, and it made him feel better and gave him hope. My favorite so far, no doubt.

Spoiler:

During Hinata's confession, we got a close-up of Naruto's eyes. They were drawn perfectly for this occasion. I really like the glimpse of glow we saw in his eyes, specifically when she told him "I wanted to be with you". I think that really speaks volumes, he treasured those words.

Spoiler:

Finally, this is my favorite panel from chapter 615. He was looking directly into Hinata's eyes. The situation is sad, they are both sad in the middle of a war, yet on that precise moment when he was looking into her eyes, even though they were sad, he looked thoughtful. Almost peaceful. That's really something. The fact that Hinata can put him at ease in such a grim situation is amazing.

By Irielo, Thread: "Naruto’s feelings"

Spoiler:

Irielo wrote:Just wanted to make a kind of follow-up about Naruto's feelings/thoughts and reactions when it comes to Hinata according to the manga chapters. So let's go:

In part 1:
Chapter 39: Hinata is introduced through Naruto's thoughts. It seems that he does not have such a positive opinion when he presents her: "weirdo", "shy and dark". However, it's interesting to know that he'd already noticed that she looks away when he looks at her.

Ch 41-42: Naruto is desperate during the Chuunin writing exam. Hinata kindly offers him to cheat on her which surprises him. Naruto is first suspicious and thinks it might be a trap prepared by Kiba. Asking Hinata why, she tells him the reason behind her action. Naruto refuses because he does not want Hinata to get in trouble because of him. There's already a small development here because Naruto shows that he is concerned about Hinata's welfare.

Ch 77: After his match against Kiba, Hinata offers Naruto a medicinal cream. Naruto is surprised and does not really know how to react to it until Kurenai tells him to take it. He is then thankful to Hinata

Ch 78: Naruto starts to learn about the Hyuga clan. Neji's arrogant way of speaking to Hinata and his attempt to "torture" her mentally pisses Naruto off who starts to identify himself to her. He encourages her, showing her that he believes in her in opposition to her own cousin.

Ch 79: Hinata gets back on her feet using Naruto's Nindo as motivation which surprises the latter.

Ch 80: Naruto reveals how Hinata surprises him, that he did not know how "incredible" she is. That's already showed that his views on her were changing completely strengthened by Lee's statement that Hinata and Naruto are very similar. Sakura's observation about Hinata always watching Naruto also surprises the latter... After having been badly hurt by Neji, Hinata is on lying on the ground. Everyone thinks that the fight is over except Naruto, who already felt that someone sharing his Nindo would not give up.
She gets back on her feet which pleases Naruto whose face expresses satisfaction and pride. Hinata defeats Neji with her words despite losing the match. Naruto gets to her to see how she is going because she is injured, showing how he cares for Hinata.

Ch 81: Neji's arrogance provokes Naruto who nearly starts to fight against him. Hinata's courage speaks to Naruto's heart in a way which leads him to make a vow on her blood: beating Neji. Naruto, probably without knowing it, is connecting himself to Hinata.

Ch 98: Just before his match against Neji, Naruto finds Hinata on the training ground. He surprises her and asks her first if she is fine... Naruto is worried about this match and is doubting about himself. Hinata makes the Proud Failure Speech which boosts Naruto's fighting spirit and makes him regain confidence. Naruto reveals her how he thought about her before, "dark weirdo", but that he actually likes someone like her. This scene emphasizes on the development of Naruto's perception towards Hinata.

Ch 105: After defeating Neji, Naruto celebrates his victory. While doing so he is asking himself where is Hinata and if she is watching. It was important because his goal which was expressed through the blood vow was achieved and Hinata's belief that he was strong enough to beat Neji was confirmed.

Well, already in Part 1, Naruto's views on Hinata changed pretty quickly to the point that he could identify himself to her, connect himself to her and be sincere with her.

In part 2:
Chapter 355: During the mission consisting in finding Itachi, Naruto is teamed-up with Hinata. Naruto's facial expression shows that he is pleased to have Hinata by his side.

Ch 437: Naruto has been pinned down by Pein. He has lost somehow his fighting spirit when Hinata intervenes. He is first surprised to see her there and asks her to get out of there... Hinata confesses her feelings for him. Naruto's eyes show that he is surprised and touched about that. Seeing her get beaten by Pein, he goes directly and for the first time 6 tails reaching nearly 9 afterwards.

Ch 441: Coming back to his normal state, the first thought Naruto has, is about Hinata. Learning that she has survived, he cries from relief.

Ch 490: Naruto explains how his rage led him to connect directly to Kyuubi when he saw how Pein beat Hinata. Hinata thus is deep enough in Naruto's heart for him to have reacted this way.

Ch 558: "Sorry for taking so long": why on earth did Naruto have to say that to Hinata when he was not supposed to be on the battlefield in the first place? Maybe because he would have preferred to be by her side...

Ch 559: Naruto feels what is going on inside Hinata and just compliments her strength and motivates her while remembering her intervention against Pein.

Ch 614: Naruto is surprised to see Hinata standing side by side with Neji and Hiashi who are there to protect him. He is maybe a bit worried for her which could explain why Hiashi told him that the Hyugas are the "strongest of Konoha".

Ch 615: Hinata's speech succeeds to bring Naruto back to his senses. He is thankful for that and includes her in the small circle of people who helped him in his life. He takes, holds and squeezes her hand in a way which remembers how couples hold hands...

Ch 633: Hinata remembers about the handhold and gives a new perspective of the scene with Naruto looking into her eyes and smiling gently to her.  

In part 2, Naruto's feelings' development tends to show that his emotional connexion with Hinata has increased given his reaction during his fight against Pein for instance and it tends to go in a direction suggesting tenderness. He is the one who initiates the handhold which was the physical contact which lasted the longest between him and Hinata and something he was not forced to do.

Anyway, if there is something which constantly happens, it's the fact that Hinata always surprises him and this has always a positive outcome for his life. If some people think that Naruto only respects Hinata as a friend, I might disagree because Naruto respects all his friends.
Naruto and the other girls of the K12:
I'm sure he respects Sakura, Ino and TenTen as well. The difference with Ino and TenTen for instance, is that they did not have this attention Hinata has been given in Naruto's life although they're other female characters of the K12. So, the story has obviously focused on Hinata in a special light because of her feelings for the hero who also is behaving positively towards her...

As far as Sakura is concerned it would be, imo, ridiculous to think that her and Naruto do not have the right to be only closed friends. Sakura is Naruto's teammate and one of the main character of the story. The main characters belong to the same team and them having more screen time than any other character is thus logical. One should also not forget that Naruto and Sakura's bond is closely related to one important and undeniable"factor": Sasuke...

Again, I think that Naruto's feelings for Hinata are deep enough to suggest a future romance between those two characters.

By Phoenixmiko, thread: "Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best"

Spoiler:

phoenixmiko wrote:Hinata wants to walk with Naruto forever whether or not he loves her back. I think that’s beautiful. Not to mention selfless (unlike what detractors are saying, especially about what her thoughts were in this week's chapter). Her desire is to stay by his side so she is willing to work hard not to fall behind and to keep up with him. She will do whatever it takes to keep him safe and happy, regardless of how he feels about her.

For Hinata, having her love returned is not a priority and is most likely a notion she does not consider to be even remotely possible, despite how much she wishes for it to come true deep down.

Naruto has acknowledged her existence, appreciated what she has done for him, accepted and believed her confession of love, vowed on her blood to win for her sake, given her his ninja way, saved her many times, felt grief and rage over her supposed death at the hands of Pain and shaped her into the person she is today. He has done many more things for her too. A lot more than Hinata has ever dared hope for.

As such, she is happy to love him from afar. She’s grateful for everything he’s done and said to her. Being by his side for the rest of her life is all she wants and the least she feels she can do to repay him. Hinata knows he’ll let her walk with him and hold his hand.

That is why, as a NaruHina shipper, I think that maybe, just maybe, Naruto will surprise her by reciprocating her feelings. He’ll ask her not only to stay by his side and walk with him forever as a close friend and a comrade but also as someone precious to him; to hold his hand and never let go as lover, girlfriend and wife would and to grow old with him.

When Naruto becomes Hokage, Hinata will be by his side as a soulmate and his wife. Or maybe his girlfriend and future fiancee. Either way, that is what all this NaruHina foreshadowing is most likely leading to and this week’s chapter reinforces that possibility.

Naruto won't be settling for second best. He never has. To state or imply that he would is an insult to his character, to Hinata, to her love for him and to how he views the Hyuuga heiress. Hinata is not second best nor is she a third wheel. She will not be used by the jinchuuriki or be the subject of a rebound. Again, to even entertain such a notion would be to undermine both characters and their bond with one another.

When Naruto gets together with her or is shown to be in the midst of it, or even when it is stated he has already done so, it will be because he loves her romantically and because she is one of the most precious and important people to him; nothing to do with her being the alternative to Sakura or any other girl, him being on the rebound, her being second best, him being forced or feeling obligated to be with her, her being nothing but a trophy wife, him wanting to resurrect the Uzumaki clan with a suitable partner, her being the heiress to a powerful and well-known clan or any other ludicrous reasons detractors make up out of thin air. It will simply be because their development as a pairing has led to them being together forever and because their lives are one.

Last edited by Irielo on Fri May 16, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:58 am

I'm pretty sure even 1-2 of my posts are worthy too go on tumblr, sadly i'm not joining tumblr because i'm already on enough forums, websites that i might forget something (in reality besides those all those things, my computer crashes when i'm on tumblr).

So if it is ok, someone on here (doesn't matter) can choose one of my posts. If that is ok......
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat May 17, 2014 7:24 am

^ Oh, I'm sure you do have more than 2 or 3 great posts! It doesn't matter if you don't have a tumblr. If you have a post in mind that you were proud of, you should feel free to nominate it yourself, it's no problem at all. :3

Anyway, I'll go ahead and nominate these other two for now. There are so many good posts on this forum. ^.^

By - Rasengan671; Thread - Hinata can't keep Naruto in check..
Spoiler:
Rasengan671 wrote:Naruto doesn't need to be kept in check, he's not a puppy that needs training. If a person needs to keep their partner "in check", they have some serious, deep seeded issues that need resolving ASAP.

The beauty of Naruto and Hinata's relationship is that they don't need this kind of thing in their life. They can accept each other wholly and love each other's faults without feeling the need to keep the other in line.

Naruto does a Sexy Girl on Girl Jutsu contest with Konohamaru? Hinata laughs and blushes with mixed pride and a tad bit of awkward shyness.
Hinata loses to Kurenai in a training match? Naruto kisses it all better and starts training more with her.

No need to control something that's already flawless.

By - JulaShona; Thread - NaruHina Hints
Spoiler:
JulaShona wrote:
Spoiler:

I think these panels are a good hint for NaruHina, too. Because after Naruto remembered that Hinata was hurt he clawed into his jacked right over his heart, like it was arching or something like that, and asked: "Did I destroy Hinata and the rest of the villagers?" He seperated Hinata from all these people, who he thought he killed/hurt, but he still thought that he hurt Hinata, too. So why did he separate her from all these people? This has to have a reason.
And after he realisied that she was still okay he tightened his grip, shivered and started to cry. Why did he cry, shivered and thanked kami-sama after he realiesed that "just a friend" was okay? Why didn't he cry after Kakashi appeared in front of him, although he is his sensei? Even after his crying face the scene switched to Hinata!

I think with that it is hinted that Naruto might already had some "special" feelings towards Hinata or started them in that moment. But I believe it's the first one.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon May 19, 2014 7:16 pm

*Double posts because every time I try to edit the post above, the whole coding of the post changes for some reason and the post gets messed up ._.*

Anyway, here are a few I would like to suggest. There are Anti-NarSak mentions in some, but that part would be edited out for them to be uploaded to tumblr if that's okay with the original posters.

By - 51-Mustang; Thread - Wondering! NaruHina
Spoiler:
51-mustang wrote:Well here is a good question, do you think Naruto would have beaten Neji? if Hinata didn't sort of lecture him. do you think Naruto would have survived his battle against Pein? met his father and mother? or even become friends with Kurama? or would Naruto have joined Obito and Madara after Neji's death?

Hinata is put in the story to alleviate the self doubt Naruto would suffer if things begin to get too much for him, so yes the story would have been different if Hinata wasn't there, I don't think Naruto would have made it pass these past trials if Hinata wasn't there to support him. The same can be said for Naruto, when Hinata is suffering through her self doubt, it is Naruto the picks her up.

even though Hinata is a secondary character, she has an amazing impact on Naruto and vice versa. Hinata is there to remind Naruto, that even though things may seem bad, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hinata is the unsung heroine of the story and plays a part in Naruto's personal development as well as helping through each trail.

in conclusion, even though Hinata is a support character, she is a really important person in Naruto's life and potentially as he begins to develop romantic feelings for Hinata. and further into the future where he can talk to Hinata about his doubts and get the support he needs from her.

By - GreatKungLao; Thread - Naruto's Feelings?
Spoiler:
GreatKungLao wrote:Do you remember, how difficult and even a little embarassing it was for Naruto to shake Gaara's hand as a friend (in the end it was Gaara, who help him shake hands)? But with Hinata, he took and squeeze her hand on his own, while gently smiling to her and looking right into the eyes. That's how strong his feelings towards her, so that he even don't hold himself back to show it with romantic gesture and words of gratitude.

By - Irielo; Thread - Naruto's Feelings?
Spoiler:
Irielo wrote:When Naruto said that "My life was never mine...", he admitted that he would not have made it that far without Hinata being by his side. So he already knows how important Hinata is to his life. He has now realized that Hinata is a treasure that he has to cherish. When Hinata was standing with Neji and Hiashi in front of him to protect him, he was worried for her. He did not want to see her getting hurt the way she got hurt when she fought Pein. That showed imo that Naruto does not want to lose her at all.

One can say that Naruto does not want to lose any of his friends but he showed how much he especially cares for Hinata during this moment.

By - Bubbles; Thread - NaruHina Hints

Spoiler:
Bubbles wrote:I think the fact that Naruto felt comfortable enough around Hinata to actually open up to her about his feelings (which he hadn't done with anyone else) and why he acts the way he did. He lets down his guard with Hinata, and he never has to act cool for her or anything because she likes him just the way he is.

Spoiler:

Here, we see Naruto clearly stressing about his upcoming fight with Neji. He's trying to keep himself up, but he's obviously worried.

Spoiler:

Lo and behold, when Naruto needs her words of encouragement, she's right there.

ANS comment
Spoiler:
NS loves to say that Naruto never seeks Hinata out to "hang out" or anything. What NS fails to realize is, Naruto doesn't need to seek her out...because she's always there when he truly needs her.

Spoiler:
Naruto asks Hinata about Neji, commenting that "he's strong." Naruto looks distraught, and that's when Hinata says she feels he might be able to beat him. Naruto immediately goes into "tough guy" mode, pretending he's okay.

Spoiler:

Naruto didn't have to, but he decided to open up to her about how he was really feeling. He didn't know her that well, but he already trusted her not to fool him, and to be someone he can confide in. Naruto tells her how he really felt, telling her he only acted tough because he was frustrated from failing, and his tough exterior is what he thought made her think him strong. But she instead tells him it's because he fails, and has the strength to get back up is why she finds him strong. A proud failure.

He's not perfect, but at the same time, he helped her feel better about herself, helped her become stronger. She tells him these things pretty easily for someone who is so shy, and Naruto responds to it positively, even noting that earlier he was feeling uncharacteristically depressed, but thanks to her, he "feels great" now. I don't think it would have been any bit of a stretch to say if Naruto hadn't met with Hinata that day, he would have lost to Neji.

I think this is a big NH hint because Kishi always has Naruto and Hinata be there when the other is in need. It's a pattern.

By - Batokusanagi; Thread - NaruHina Hints
Spoiler:
Batokusanagi wrote:The nindo:
Chapter 80:
Spoiler:

Chapter 615
Spoiler:

This is usually brought as "aww, they share the same nindo, how cute" (it is), but something else to notice is that Kishi brought that up from freaking chapter 80! 535 chapters ago! A resolution she made because of her feelings (now love) for Naruto. In chapter 80 after Hinata said that Naruto is impressed and she's incredible; in 615, after Hinata says that, he is also impressed and ends up holding her hand.
The anime team had Hinata say it in 166 (which I think Kishi should've as well), but in canon she doesn't. I was like "geez, you wouldn't bother doing that if you weren't going somewhere with this pairing". That particular part of her speech not being (unlike the rest of it) about camaraderie, but just about the two of them, makes it more clear that, drives the point of the importance of Kishi referencing that.

Flashbacks:
Kishi expands NH moments furthere in flashbacks.
He does it here in 540 and again in 633. I can't remember the chapter number right now, but there's another one with a different perspective of the Proud Failure Speech. The part when Naruto and tells Hinata to come watch defeat Neji; this time instead of the perspective being from Hinata's side it's from Naruto's.

By - GreatKungLao; Thread - NaruHina Hints
Spoiler:
GreatKungLao wrote:

It wasn`t crowds ackowledge that he wanted the most at that moment. Naruto wanted Hinata to see him as a winner and be happy for him, since he promised on her blood, that he will defeat Neji. Hinata`s attention was much more important for Naruto after Neji`s defeat, than anybody elses.

By - Yamasaki Akaiko; Thread - Hinata a stalker?
Spoiler:
Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Point out the obvious facts:

1) Hinata has never been shown following Naruto in the entire manga.

2) Hinata has always been shown acknowledging Naruto at times he's either being shunned by everyone else around or he was causing a disturbance of some sort ([sarcasm]I guess that means all the other people with Hinata were also stalking Naruto along with her[/sarcasm]).

3) The only time Hinata was shown noticing Naruto completely by herself it happened at the academy ([sarcasm]oh no, Hinata noticed a classmate being by himself during school hours which I'm sure has never ever been done before by anyone[/sarcasm]). It was obviously meant to be as innocent as when Naruto once noticed Sasuke was by himself or when Ino noticed Sakura by herself.

4) Tell people to lay off the fillers (unless they want to be going in blind) and that Rock Lee isn't going to affect the Naruto series.

Eh... I'll continue:

5) Ask for moments where Naruto was bothered by Hinata's presence. Chapter 437 due to him being worried for her safety does not count.

6) Ask for moments where Naruto felt threatened by Hinata's presence.

7) Ask for moments where Hinata has thought about doing something that could be remotely considered harmful towards Naruto.

8) Ask for moments where Hinata has been bothered by any of Naruto's friends or even remotely jealous of him spending time with them instead of her.

9) Ask why Naruto seems to think Hinata is great just the way she happens to be--as no one likes a stalker.

By - racefan1992; Thread - NaruHina Hints
Spoiler:
racefan1992 wrote:Here is a hint that i think people over look: The characters themselves.

Lets face it, how alike are they?

Pretty much same childhood (imho Hinata had it worse)
Same believes (nindo and such)
Physical, Mental, spritual toughness
they proved 'doubters' wrong
they draw strength from one another
Take away Narutos "mach-macho man mask" they are basically the same person inside.

That is about all i think of right now.

Kishi could have kept Hinata a civilian like in his original manga but he didn't, why is that? To make someone similar to Naruto would be my guess.

Remember to let us know if you're okay with your posts being uploaded to tumblr guys!

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon May 19, 2014 11:26 pm

Adding some posts.

By GreatKungLao, Thread: 437 or 615?
Spoiler:

GreatKungLao wrote:You see, these two chapters are like one.

437 was a HUGE step for Hinata, she finally said something she wanted from the very beginning, she totally changed her character for this moment, just to try and save the one she loves, she risked her life for Naruto. This is something that nobody probably didn't expected, when was reading Naruto ongoing before 437. 437 is a huge NaruHina moment from Hinata's side.

615 is a huge NaruHina moment from Naruto's side. He finally took Hinata's hand and said, that his life was never one, because she was always by his side. This was almost a confession from Naruto's side, but in more manly way, in a way that suited to Naruto's character. Naruto finally confirmed, admitted that Hinata was always there for him, that it thanks to her he made it so far.

When you combine both, you get a NaruHina canonisation.

By Yamasaki Akaiko, Thread: 437 or 615?
Spoiler:

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Chapter 437 was foreshadowed in Part 1 and made abundantly clear that it would happen with chapter 282 when Hinata first appeared in Part 2 wondering about how she's going to approach Naruto. For those who didn't realize that she was talking about confessing her feelings, I tend to point out that Hinata was usually the one to talk to Naruto first throughout all of Part 1. Hinata has never been afraid to say "hi" to him. She was nowhere near that shy that she couldn't talk to him period.

However, no matter how Hinata has felt (which chapter 437 made abundantly clear to Naruto), Naruto has never been under any obligation to reciprocate. 615 is by far the bigger step because that's the one that implies that Naruto will return Hinata's feelings. The only step that will be a bigger deal will be the moment where Naruto does officially make it undeniable that he is interested in having a relationship with Hinata.

By Aelita, Thread: Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements
Spoiler:

Aelita wrote:This may have been covered already but I want to address the "The hand hold wasn't romantic/it was only symbolic/it was only a show of support and friendship/it was mainly a chakra transfer/its not romantic cause they weren't blushing and smiling" argument.

First of all, the fact that hand holding is a romantic gesture alone makes it noteworthy. They don't need to be giggling and blushing like love struck school girls (which would have been incredibly inappropriate for the situation) to give the moment romantic undertones.  Naruto gently taking and holding the hand of the girl who he now is aware is in love with him, and thanking her for staying by his side does the job just fine

Secondly I want to bring up a literary device called repetition.
Wikipedia defines repetition as: "
the simple repeating of a word [in this case an image], within a sentence or a poetical line, with no particular placement of the words, in order to provide emphasis."

Kishimoto has used a lot of repetition with the image of Hinata and Naruto holding hands. First in all the panels in 615 of Naruto gently taking Hinata’s hand, thanking her and transferring chakra to her with that editor’s note of “never letting go of her hand!”. Then briefly in 616, then on a volume cover where they’re separated from the rest of the alliance looking into each other’s eyes. And in 633 when Hinata thinks back to the hand hold to draw stength.
Remember, this is  written fictional work. Alot of emphasis has been put on that moment, and you have to question why.

To illustrate the emphasis put on Naruto and Hinata holding hands through repetition:

That's alot of hand holding for a moment that's not supposed to be that important cause you know, it was just a chakra transfer/one-sided/show of support/platonic/friendship/whatever else lame excuse comes up to try to discredit this moment.

(credits for the image go to me :D, It's not that pretty cause I need to get better at Photoshop, but I worked hard lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Tue May 20, 2014 4:48 am

I'm ok with mine Strawberry.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Wed May 21, 2014 10:35 am

I don't care if you use my posts or not. I'm not interested on re-blogging any of them to my tumblr though.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri May 23, 2014 7:59 am

Racefan-san - Noted. Thanks! ^.^

Yamasaki Akaiko - It doesn't matter whether you re-blog it or not. But does that mean we shouldn't credit your tumblr either? We'll just credit your forum username if that's the case.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 am

You can credit my tumblr or the forum here, whichever will be easier for you. My tumblr name matches my username here anyway. ;)
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat May 24, 2014 7:28 pm

^ Duly noted. Thanks!

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Sun May 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Oh, I see a post of mine made it in here! :) It's okay by me to use it. ^-^
Bubbles