Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Dan/Tsunade: parents of Namikaze Minato?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dan/Tsunade: parents of Namikaze Minato?

Post by Irielo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 am

This is something I've already read somewhere and I wanted to know your opinion about it. Do you think Minato is Tsunade/Dan's son?

Given the last discussion Jiraiya and Tsunade had when Jiraiya stated that he would have been proud to have a son like Minato, I don't know if it was a kind of hidden message to Tsunade in case this theory came to be confirmed. There is also the fact that Dan and Minato have quite the same face despite having different hair style.

Anyway if you have theories and thoughts about it, I'd be glad to read them.

Irielo

Back to top Go down

Re: Dan/Tsunade: parents of Namikaze Minato?

Post by Fallere825 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:26 am

It's an interesting theory, however somehow I don't think so. For starters if it had some relevance to the story there were a lot of moments it could've/should've been brought up in the story. Also imo Tsunade and even maybe Shizune's interaction with Naruto (given they would know they're related) I expect would be a little different (if you get what I mean)   

Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:24 am

I don't know.. But I agree with lickster, also considering the fact that naruto calls her "granny" (possibly thinking he's doing that for fun) under the interactions with naruto and tsunade category, could be a foreshadow for that thought. When you, irielo, said that minato's face is close to how dan's looks, I also thought about the hair color, which is tsunade's. It's an interesting theory all in all.
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:43 am

The thing which is problem to me in that theory is mostly linked to the question of time. If it were really Tsunade the mother, then when would she have given birth?

In case this theory were confirmed, I don't think even Shizune would know about it but only people belonging to her generation and enough closed to her like Jiraiya. There is another problem with this theory because it would suggest that Tsunade did not take care of her son raising btw some questions about it and that would make Minato someone who grew up as an orphan too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:00 am

Considering I don't think Tsunade had a child when she was a teenager, this theory doesn't hold for me. While we've never been given an exact age for Minato or Kushina, they were definitely contemporaries of the parents of K12 and the Suna siblings. The parents (that are alive) of the K12 are in their 40s right now. Tsunade is only supposed to be in her early 50s. So, no, I can't see Tsunade somehow becoming Minato's mother without a major retcon on ages of the characters. Besides, until Tsunade is shown to use the Namikaze surname, it wouldn't make sense at all. Dan's surname is Kato. I can't see Minato having a surname that's not related to at least one of his parents.

Personally, I never like theories that try to make Minato related to any of the big-wigs from major clans in the series. I really like the idea that Minato was a "nobody" (similar to how I consider Sakura, Lee, & Tenten for seemingly not being from clans) and was able to rise up with dedication and help from someone outstanding (in his case that would be Jiraiya).
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 am

Wouldn't the timeline mess with that?

I mean, Tsunade is like 50+, and Minato wasn't born until at least their thirties (seeing as he was likely around 20+ before Naruto was born) and Dan was already dead by then wasn't he? IIRC, He looked like he died way back when Orochimaru was still in their group as sannin...
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:29 am

There are a lot of inconsistencies with this theory, however, none of them would bother me as much as what it means for Tsunade's character. I would just see Tsunade in a completely different light if she were just to abandon her grandchild as a kid to live a childhood of loneliness when he could've had her all along. I know the plot demanded Naruto to grow up alone, but it wouldn't sit well with me either way.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 on Fri May 09, 2014 1:15 am

Just going out on a limb here and going to say based on the fact his last name is Namikaze and not Kato or Senju that Tsunade or Dan are not related to Minato in a parental way. Though I have read some damned good Fanfictions with that premise. Me personally could see Kushina being closer related than Minato is to Tsunade. Possibly through Mito. Naruto is probably a lot closer than he knows when he calls Tsunade Baa-chan.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8188572/1/Namikaze-Senju-or-Uzumaki

here is one of the better ones that comes to mind with the premise that Tsunade and Dan are Minato's Parents . Note: this is very AU. This one is a minor Harem but mostly focused on Hinata as far as pairings go. You might not like Tsunade in this story either if you read it you will understand why.
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri May 09, 2014 9:14 am

meow69 wrote:Just going out on a limb here and going to say based on the fact his last name is Namikaze and not Kato or Senju that Tsunade or Dan are not related to Minato in a parental way. Though I have read some damned good Fanfictions with that premise. Me personally could see Kushina being closer related than Minato is to Tsunade. Possibly through Mito. Naruto is probably a lot closer than he knows when he calls Tsunade Baa-chan.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8188572/1/Namikaze-Senju-or-Uzumaki

here is one of the better ones that comes to mind with the premise that Tsunade and Dan are Minato's Parents . Note: this is very AU. This one is a minor Harem but mostly focused on Hinata as far as pairings go. You might not like Tsunade in this story either if you read it you will understand why.

Nice fanfic, but Tsunade... well... not easy... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum